而布莱恩还在学变魔术
Oh, yeah. – Remember? And Brian was practicing juggling.
你还好吗 我没事
So, how are you? – l’m fine. l’m fine.
那就好 我得放松
Good. – l just have to take it easy.
我的医生是 你会喜欢
My oncologist, who is– you’ll love this–
是女性 她说不可装潢室内
a woman, says no upholstering
不能搬动家具
no furniture refinishing.
不会吧 那你要干嘛
Oh, no. What are you gonna do?
你会在家过完周末吗
Can you stay the whole weekend?
爸爸没有 他没有
Uh, didn’t Dad– Oh, he didn’t–
我会在家待一阵子
Well, um, l’m home for a while.
我暂时不工作了
l took some time off from work.
回哪个家 这儿
Home where? Here? Well, what about your job
你的工作和公♥寓♥怎么办
and your little apartment and everything?
我会在家工作 所以
Well, l’m gonna work from here, so–
别担心 不
Oh, don’t worry about it. – Oh, no.
特律迪说没关系的 不
Tweedy said that it’s fine. – Oh, no, no, no.
不是要和我玩看护游戏吧
Not to play nursemaid to me.
不 那不是 我不需要
Oh, no. That’s not– – Oh, l don’t need–
你会恨我 我只是帮你烧晚饭而已
Man, you’ll hate me. l’ll just make you some dinner.
不 我想留下
No, l want to stay.
至少到你好点为止
At least until you feel better.
我的意思是 这是对的
l mean, it’s the right thing.
对谁而言
For who?
是谁的主意 我的
Whose idea was this? – Mine.
爸爸和 是我们俩的
Dad, and– Well, it was both of ours.
正因为他了解你就更不应该要求你这样做
He shouldn’t have asked you to do this, honey, because he knows you.
他该知道这是行不通的 我告诉爸
He knows this will never work. – No. Now, l told Dad
这是我想做并决定要做的事
that l want to do this and l’m going to.
所以就是这样了 可以吗
So, that’s final. Okay?
可以
Okay. Okay.
好的 乖女儿
Okay. Oh, my girl.
我帮你做份肉桂吐司吧
l’m gonna make you some cinnamon toast.
再加上一杯茶
And l’ll get you a cup of tea too.

Okay.
我很高兴你回来 谢谢你
l’m glad you’re home. Thanks.
她不知道我要回来
She didn’t know l was coming.
你知道你母亲的
Well, you know how your mother is.
若是她知道的话
lf she’d known
她会把房♥间重新装潢一遍
she probably would’ve redecorated your entire bedroom.
什么味道
What’s that smell?
是一个古老作家的把戏
Um, that is an old writer’s trick.
席勒相信他的身体破坏了
Schiller believed that his body sabotaged
他本可以专心写作
the attention of his mind while he was writing.
所以 他用苹果让他的身体兴奋一点
So, he engaged his body with a simple stimulant, apples
为了解放他的思路
to free his mind.
但是 目前为止它只是让我想吃苹果派罢了
So far, all it’s done for me is make me hungry for apple pie a la mode.
最近在写什么
So, what have you been working on recently?
一篇杰姆斯·苏利文的专访
My interview with James Sullivan.
苏利文议员吗
Senator Sullivan? – Mm-hmm.
非同小可 是一个大题材
That’s impressive. That’s a big story.
你知道吗 我一直想问你
You know, l’ve been meaning to ask you.
论谈社问了我好几次想找谁
Random House has been asking me who l’d like to write
为我的随笔集第二卷写序
the introduction to Volume Two of my Collected Essays.
春天会出版
lt’s coming out in the spring.
你可以拒绝 但如果你有时间的话
Feel free to say no, but if you had the time
你是否愿意为我的书写序呢
how would you feel about writing the introduction?
你是认真的吗
Are you serious? – Mm-hmm.
我非常乐意 太好了
l would love to. – Great. Great.
他们拟想了一些传记式的侧写或访问
They envision some biographical sketch or interview perhaps.
如果你要 我也可以帮你写这些问题
l’ll help you write the questions, if you want. – Okay.
这里有一些文学评论辑
Here’s some literary criticism
如果你最近还没空看的话
in case you haven’t seen any of that recently.
这是我作品的一些范例
And two, three examples of my work in case you don’t carry that
随身带着我的作品
around in your bags with you wherever you go.
还有 等等
And, wait.
你能否帮我洗这几件衬衫 不用熨
Could you wash these for me? No starch.
还有这个口袋需要缝一下
And this pocket needs to be stitched.
麻烦费心
Thanks for taking care of this.
艾丽 告诉爸爸晚餐准备好了
Ellie! Tell Dad dinner’s on the table.
今晚 我帮你准备了香草盆浴
Sweetie, later on tonight, l’m gonna run you a vanilla bath.
能帮助你入睡 好吗
That’ll help you go to sleep. Okay?
早安
Morning. – Good morning.
早安 阳光玛莉
Good morning Mary sunshine
怎么醒的这么早
Did you wake so soon
记得我们以前常唱这首歌♥吗 不
Remember when we used to sing you that? – Nope.
装饰季节终于来了
l see the decorating season has officially begun.
我们橄榄球队的队员开始整装就绪了
Our quarterback is suiting up. – Mmm.
乔治 你喜欢分钟俱乐部装饰圣诞树
Oh, George. You love it when the Minnies decorate the Christmas trees.
你只是假扮吝啬鬼
You just pretend to be Scrooge.
再见 一切顺利
Mm-mm-mm. Bye-bye. – Bye-bye.
别忘了你3点钟要开会
Good day. Don’t forget you have a staff meeting at 3:00.
女士们 晚上见 好的
Oh, yeah. l’ll see you gals tonight. – Okay.
真希望几年前改建了厨房♥
Mmm. l wish l had redone this kitchen years ago
那时是有预算的
when l had the money to do it.
你没事吧 没事
You okay? – Yeah, l just–
我只是有点疲倦
l’m a little tired.
今天我还有大型午餐会
l have my big Minnie luncheon today.
想想那些会员们我就累
Just the thought of all those Minnies is tiring.
我可以做午饭 你可以吗
l can make the lunch. – You could make the lunch?
对呀 叫中国菜外卖♥♥
Yeah, l’ll call out for Chinese
或做一些金枪鱼三明治 不
or make some tuna fish sandwiches. – No, no.
这是工作午餐 我们要计划圣诞树的事
This is the steering committee lunch where we plan the Christmas trees.
这很重要 我要煮鸡排
lt’s very important. l’m gonna make chicken paillard
青瓜汤 和我拿手的巧克力蛋糕
zucchini soup, and my heavenly chocolate cake.
我就做那些呀
Well, that’s what l’ll make then.
你会做♥鸡♥排和青瓜汤和巧克力蛋糕 是啊
You can make chicken paillard and zucchini soup and chocolate cake?
告诉我怎样做就好了 能多难
Yeah. Just show me how. lt can’t be that hard.
糟糕
Crap.
该死 妈
Oh, shit! Mom!
你能来一下吗 快点
Can you come here, quick?
我在唐纳秀看过
No, l saw it on Donahue.
这个女人说有不明飞行物将她丈夫带走了
This woman said a UFO landed and took away her husband.
飞行物的名字大概叫做珍尼佛或苏菲雅吧
A UFO? – And the UFO’s name was probably Jennifer or Sophia.
但她的确看到了
Yeah, but she saw something, you know
世上有些事是无法解释的
and l think there are things in this world that are mysterious and unexplainable.
对 像是只有一卡路里的可乐
Yeah, like remember when they had one calorie Tab.
他们为何不能连那一卡路里都减去呢
l was always wondering why the need for that one calorie at all.
你在那儿呀
Oh, there you are.
是艾莉煮的午餐
Ellie made the lunch.
艾利煮了午餐 我们何不选她为荣誉会员
Since Ellie made the lunch, let’s make her an honorary Minnie.
是呀 宝贝
Oh, yes, honey.
过来一起坐 我要去图书馆
Come on in and sit down. – l’m going to the library. l have work to do.
来嘛 让我们选艾丽为荣誉会员
Oh, come on. – Let’s make Ellie an honorary Minnie.
进来吧 把蛋糕一起带进来
Come on in. Come on. Bring the cake when you come.
还有蛋糕呢 她自己做的呢
A cake. – She did all this by herself.
她做的 太棒了
She made a cake? – That is dear.
我睡了一早上 真好
And l slept on the couch all morning. – That’s really nice
可是我得写稿
but l really have to finish my article.
我没法当会员的 我一点都不适合
And l couldn’t be a Minnie. There’s really nothing Minnie about me.
别乱说了 我甚至不喜欢圣诞节
Oh, don’t be silly. – l don’t even like Christmas.
艾丽可以帮凯特布置圣诞树
Oh, Ellie. Ellie can help Kate with her Christmas tree.
欢迎加入分钟俱乐部
Welcome to the Minnies.
现在言归正传
Now moving on to other Minnie matters.
真是糟透了
lt was– lt was awful.
糟透了
lt was awful.
我想是世界
Mmm. – l guess that that world
对我来说太小了
it, um– it just felt small to me.
有时会觉得自己快疯了
And, uh, and sometimes l felt like l was going crazy.
既然我母亲对装潢那么拿手
But since my mom was so good at decorating
又把家布置的那么好
and doing those creative things around the house