怎么啦?到底是为了什么?
What? What on earth for?
有个女人打电♥话♥来告诉我她…
A woman, uh, phoned in and told me she was, um…
打算自杀。
planning on killing herself.
我说:“哦,天哪,一定还有别的事情
I said, “Oh, dear me, there must be something else
-“你宁愿做。”你没有。
-“you’d rather be doing.” You didn’t.
是的,我做了。
Yes, I did.
她告诉我她想来看我
She told me that she wanted to visit
她女儿在美国。
her daughter in America.
但她的医生警告她,这次旅行
But her doctor warned her that the journey
可能会杀了她。
would probably kill her.
我说:“这正是你想要的,不是吗?”
I said, “Well, that’s exactly what you want, isn’t it?
“被杀?”
-“To be killed?”
是啊,她笑得很开心。
Yeah, well, she had a good laugh.
我们都笑得很开心。
We both had a good laugh.
她去了美国。她看到了她的女儿。
She went off to America. She saw her daughter.
玩得很开心。回来了,
Had a wonderful time. Came back,
——像百灵鸟一样快乐。——哦。
– was happy as a lark. – Oh.
但是,撒玛利亚会。哦,上帝保佑他们。
But, uh, ooh, the Samaritans. Oh, God bless them.
他们狠狠地骂了我一顿
They gave me a real bollocking,
原谅我的法语,
pardon my French,
说我违反了所有的规定
and, uh, told me I’d broken all the rules.
你知道,我不能就这么坐着,对吧?
Well, you know, I couldn’t just sit there, could I?
你在听一群孤独的人说话
I mean, you’re listening to a bunch of lonely people
当我有话要说的时候
when there was something I could actually say
帮助他们振作起来。
to help cheer them up.
反正你也得慢下来。
You might wanna slow down anyway.
什么,宝宝快出生了。
What, with the baby coming.
我为什么要慢下来?
Why would I want to slow down?
哦,去享受它。
Oh, to enjoy it.
你已经做得够多了。
You’ve done enough.
不。永远都不够,不是吗?
No. It’s never enough, is it?
你还需要多花点时间看酒单吗?
Did you, uh, need more time with the wine list?
哦,是的,嗯……
Oh, yes, um…
他们有很好的 chteau Neuf。
They have nice Château Neuf.
我们来杯夏布利酒。
We’ll have the Chablis.
-哦,天哪。谢谢你!
– Oh, dear. Thank you.
我们说到哪儿了?哦,是的。
Where were we, now? Oh, yes.
我清理文件的时候,
When I was clearing out all the papers,
我偶然发现了一本布拉格的旧剪贴簿。
I came across that old, uh, scrapbook from Prague.
-你记得吗?-是的。
– Do you remember that? – I do.
是的,你不能把它扔出去。
Yes, you’re not throwing that out.
不,我觉得会很
No, I think it could be quite
从某种意义上说,这是一张重要的小唱片。
an important little record, in its way.
有很多值得我们学习的历史。
You know, full of history we should learn from.
-是的。-是的。
– It is. – Yeah.
听着,也许…
Look, maybe the, um,
维也纳档案馆可能会喜欢。在伦敦。
the Wiener archive might like it. In London.
是吗?
Yeah?
我认识董事会里的人,我可以提一下。
I know people on the board, I could mention it.
好吧,它可能会在那里积灰。
Yeah, well, it’ll probably just gather dust there.
我是说,我试着给编辑看
I mean, I tried showing it to the Editor
《梅登黑德报》叫什么来着?
of the Maidenhead newspaper, what’s it called?
广♥告♥人之类的。
The Advertiser or something.
有意思的是,我告诉他的时候
And, um, it’s funny because when I told him
关于难民,他说,
about the refugees, he said,
“我不太明白梅登黑德这个角度。”
“I don’t quite get the Maidenhead angle.”
所以,呃,他有点傻,真的。
So, uh, he’s a bit of a twit, really.
你可能想把它捐给博物馆。
Well, you might like to donate it to a museum.
在布拉格吗?或者在以色列?
In Prague? Or in Israel?
毕竟,大多数孩子都是犹太人。
Most of the children were Jewish, after all.
布拉格。
Prague.
嗯…是的。
Well… Yeah.
告诉我……
Tell me something…
你想过孩子们吗
Do you ever think about the children
他们后来怎么样了?
and what happened to them?
是的,是的,我喜欢。时不时的。
Yes, yes, I do. From time to time.
你呢?
Do you?
不,不完全是。
No, not really.
嗯,也许最近有一点吧。
Well, maybe a little, recently.
太不可思议了。你的成就。
It is incredible. What you achieved.
哦,我可不这么想。
Oh, I don’t think of it that way.
不不不,我是认真的。
No, no, no, no, I mean it.
真正的。
Truly.
我是说,你应该感到骄傲。
I mean, you should be proud.
——好。-拯救一条生命,
– Well. – Save one life,
拯救世界。你知道吗?
save the world. You know?
好吧,这没什么好吹嘘的。
Well, it’s nothing to brag about.
看看多琳和特雷弗。
I mean, look at Doreen and, uh, Trevor.
他们做的远比我多
They did far more than I did
他们承担了所有的风险。
and they took all the risks.
他们实际上住在布拉格。
And they actually stayed in Prague.
你知道吗,尼基,告诉别人不是吹牛。
You know, Nicky, telling people isn’t bragging.
不。
No.
7946年汉普斯特德。
Hampstead, 7946.
德国人今天早上越过了边境。
The Germans crossed the frontier this morning.
他们已经接管了
They’ve already taken over
– ministry。 -噢,天哪。
– the ministry. – Oh, God.
希♥特♥勒♥的车队刚经过酒店。
Hitler’s motorcade just went past the hotel.
他在挥手。
He was waving.
这是什么意思?为我们吗?
What does this mean? For us?
我得走了。我们需要检查安全屋。
I have to go. We need to check safe houses.
-小心点。
– Just be careful.
多琳吗?Doree……
Doreen? Doree…
他们在这里不安全。求你了,带他们回家吧。
It’s not safe for them here. Please, get them home.
确保所有名单都锁好。
Just make sure all the lists are locked up.
唐宁街建议
Downing Street has advised
这一发展并不意味着德国处于战争状态。
that this development does not mean that Germany is at war.
据信德国人已经占领了
The Germans are understood to have taken
捷克斯洛伐克的行政职位,
an administrative position in Czechoslovakia,
取代布拉格政♥府♥
replacing the government in Prague.
从布拉格起飞的航♥班♥…
Flights from Prague…
现在发生了什么?
What happens now?
我们更努力地工作。
We work harder.
而不是站在这里绝望地绞着双手。
Instead of standing here wringing our hands in despair.
我们需要更多的火车。
We need more trains.
我们会不惜一切代价实现这个目标。
We do whatever it takes to make that happen.
我们找到了更多的家。
We find more homes.
我们更快地安置孩子。
We place the children faster.
我们已经尽力了。
We’re doing as much as we can.
但这还不够,对吧?
It’s not enough, though, is it?
瞧,我们不能……
Look, we cannot…
我们不能让这些人失望。
we cannot let these people down.
嗯,他们告诉我们边界仍然开放。
Well, they tell us the borders are still open.
现在的问题是每个签证都要经过批准
The thing is now every visa has to be approved
盖世太保的印♥章♥
and stamped by the Gestapo.
这些混♥蛋♥现在到处都是。
The bastards are all over bloody everything now.
温顿先生?哦,是的。哦,你好。
Mr Winton? Oh, yeah. Oh, hello.
《新政♥治♥家》。
The New Statesman.
噢,嗨。
Oh, hi.
我们能边走边聊吗?
Uh, shall we speak as we go?
嗯,好的,谢谢。
Uh, yes, please.
我想不起来了
I don’t think I can recall
从未见过如此动人的东西。
ever seeing anything quite so moving.
有多少个?肯定有,呃,将近100个。
How many are there? There must be, uh, nearly a hundred.
嗯,是的,是的。远远超过100个。
Uh, yes, yes. Well over a hundred.
你好。这是我们目前为止最大的运输。
Hello. Uh, and this is our largest transport so far.
这是你坐的第四列火车。
And this is your fourth train.
还有更多的计划吗?
Are there more planned?
《我》是的,当然。
Yes, absolutely.
第五列火车只有几个星期了
The fifth train’s only a few weeks away