英国养父母在等着。
With British foster parents waiting.
前提是你能找到英国养父母。
Well, that is, if you can find British foster parents.
名单上有上千个孩子。
There are a thousand children on that list.
这种欢迎可能不像你们想象的那么热烈。
The welcome may not be as warm as you’re all imagining.
然后我们得把它加热。
Then we have to heat things up.
我们得让媒体开工。
We have to get the press working.
让他们行动起来,站到我们这边来。
Get them moving and on our side.
普通人是不会容忍♥这种情况的
Ordinary people wouldn’t stand for this
如果他们知道到底发生了什么。
if they knew what was actually happening.
你对普通人很有信心。
You’ve a lot of faith in ordinary people.
因为我是一个普通人。
I do because I’m an ordinary person.
我也是。
So am I.
和我。
And me.
好了,这就对了。
Well, there you go.
这正是我们需要的,不是吗?
That’s just what we need, isn’t it?
一支普通的军队。
An army of the ordinary.
尼基,你应该回伦敦去筹钱。
Nicky, you should go back to London, raise funds.
发出恶臭。
Raise a stink.
我能做到。没有问题。
I can do that. No problem.
你在银行的工作怎么样?
What about your job in the bank?
嗯,股票市场在三点半关门。
Well, stock market closes at half past three.
我来处理这边的事。
And I’ll take care of this end.
-在哈娜的帮助下?-当然。
– With Hana’s help? – Of course.
哦,上帝。
Oh, God.
我们真的要这么做了,不是吗?
We’re actually doing this, aren’t we?
为BCRC的儿童区干杯。
Here’s to the children’s section of the BCRC.
没有。-现在有了。
There isn’t one. – There is now.
所有人都赞成。
All those in favour.
尼基,请允许我说。
Nicky, if I may.
你在干什么?原谅我。
What are you doing? Excuse me.
我的上帝。
My God.
-那是你的袜子?
– Those your socks?
听着,你需要一些东西
Look, you’ll need something
所有的文书工作。
for all that paperwork.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
To The Times’ s letter section
To The Times’ letter section.
亲爱的先生,我刚从布拉格回来,
Dear sir, I have just returned from Prague,
我在那里评估命运
where I was assessing the fate
城市里的难民。
of refugees in the city.
在众多不幸的灵魂中,
Among the many unfortunate souls,
我发现大约有2000个孩子
I found about 2,000 children
生活在潮湿的环境中,
living in damp,
拥挤的难民营。
overcrowded camps.
拥挤、不卫生的营地。
Overcrowded, insanitary camps.
-是的,没错。
– Yes, true.
在其中一个营地里,
In one of the camps,
有几只已经死于疾病。
several have already succumbed to disease.
我看见一位母亲抱着她死去的孩子。
I saw a mother cradling her dead child.
千万人挣扎求生
The thousands struggling to survive
发现自己面临着纳粹入侵的威胁
find themselves facing the threat of Nazi invasion
和将会带来的恐怖。
and the horrors that will bring.
我们正在努力用火车疏散这些孩子
We are working to evacuate these children by train
紧急转移到英国的安全地带。
to safety in Britain as a matter of urgency.
请大家帮忙捐赠或寄养家庭好吗?
Will people please help with donations or foster homes?
请联络Nicholas G Winton先生,
Please contact Mr Nicholas G Winton,
英国驻捷克斯洛伐克难民委员会,
the British Council for Refugees in Czechoslovakia,
《我》儿童部分。
Children’s section.
西北杨柳路20号♥三…
20 Willow Road, NW Three…
流浪者回来了!
The wanderer returns!
哎呀,尼基,哈特气疯了。
Crikey, Nicky, Hart’s been apoplectic.
哦,好吧。
Oh, well.
你的奖金没了。
There goes your bonus.
妈妈。
Mother.
对不起。谢谢你!
Sorry. Thank you.
我在报纸上看到了你的信。
I’ve seen your letter in the press.
那你就明白事情的紧迫性了。
Well, then you understand the urgency.
这个过程……
The process…
我们第一组有20个孩子
Our first group consists of 20 children
最需要帮助的人。
who are in the most dire need.
他们将乘火车到达利物浦街站
They will arrive by train into Liverpool Street Station
两周后。
in two weeks’ time.
是的,两个星期,两个星期。
Yes, two weeks, a fortnight.
所以我们请求你的帮助…
Which is why we’re asking for your help to…
加速这个过程。
to accelerate the process.
依次处理应用程序。
Applications are dealt with in turn.
这个过程需要时间。
The process takes time.
我们没时间了。
We don’t have time.
德军随时都可能越过边界。
The German army could cross the border any day.
利百特先生……
Mr Leadbetter…
这些是你的孩子,对吗?
these are your children, yes?
-是的。-有很多家庭
– They are. – There are families
就像这样,就像你的
just like this, just like yours,
生活在你无法想象的环境中。
living in conditions you cannot imagine.
战争的威胁笼罩着他们。
The threat of war hangs over them.
他们为你所做的一切
What they have done for you
就是反对纳粹扩张主义
is to stand against Nazi expansionism.
作为回报,他们所要求的
All they ask, in return,
是他们孩子的临时避难所。
is a temporary refuge for their children.
从即将到来的恐怖中解脱出来。
From whatever horror is yet to come.
这难道不是这个国家最起码应该提供的吗?
Isn’t that the least this country should offer?
前提是你的文件齐全。
Provided your paperwork is in order.
它井然有序。
It is in perfect order.
那我就尽力而为。
Then I’ll do my best.
两周,我们去哪找钱?
Two weeks, where are we going to find the money?
我们会找到的。
We’ll find it.
两周后?
In two weeks?
-那寄养家庭呢?-我知道。我们会这么做的。
– And the foster families? – I know. We’ll do it.
奥尔加Santer……Santer,是的。
Olga Santer… Santer, yes.
…和彼得·斯洛内克。斯洛内克,彼得,是的。
… and Petr Slonek. Slonek, Petr, yes.
正确的。这是一个开始。
Right. It’s a start.
Jan Slonek,第174名。
Jan Slonek, number 174.
彼得·斯洛内克,144岁。
Petr Slonek, 144.
《我》罗莎Lenart)
Rosa Lenart,
529号♥。
number 529.
好。汤米Katschinsky,
Good. Tommy Katschinsky,
9号♥。迈克尔·拉珀特,46岁。
number nine. Michael Lappert, 46.
——兰德斯曼,19岁下一个。
– Landesmann, 19. Next.
《我》雅各…
Jacob…
《我》…24号♥。
…number twenty-four.
我有一个来自Shropshire的家庭
I have a family from Shropshire
这需要一个女孩,8到11年,
that will take a girl, 8 to 11 years,
和Mr and Mrs Horrell
and Mr and Mrs Horrell
那需要一个男孩,就一个,
that will take a boy, just one,
但最好是八岁以下,棕色头发。
but ideally under eight and brown haired.
好了。
There you go.
马丁。
Martin.
很抱歉我没和你一起去布拉格。
So sorry I wasn’t with you in Prague.
一点也不。
Not at all.
不管怎样,我现在来了。我能做什么?
Anyway, I’m here now. What can I do?
我们有20个孩子准备好去旅行了
Well, we’ve got, uh, 20 children ready to travel
只有8个寄养家庭。
and only eight foster homes.
有很多人愿意收养一个孩子,
There’s plenty of people who’d gladly take a child,
但他们不能提高50英镑的保证。
but they can’t raise the 50 pounds guarantee.
所以,这就是我们现在最需要的。这是钱。
So, that’s what we need most right now. It’s money.
让我打几个电♥话♥。
Let me make some calls.
的电♥话♥吗?
Phone?
跟我来。咖啡吗?
Come with me. Coffee?
尼基,五英镑!
Nicky, five pounds!
5英镑,20英镑,然后……
Five pounds, 20 pounds from the Girl Guides and then…
一天就有100个!
That’s 100 in one day!