计划有变。
Slight change of plan.
“轻微改变。”——停止。
“Slight change.” – Stop.
在布拉格与难民一起工作。
Working Prague with Refugees.
返回办公室延迟。
Return to office delayed.
他以为你是正式的。德国人。
He thought you were official. German.
哦,不,不,不。我很抱歉。嗯…
Oh, no, no, no. I’m sorry. Um…
不,我……我…我在努力帮助那些家庭。
No, I’m… I’m… I’m trying to help the families.
——夫人。——哦。
– Madam. – Oh.
早上好。我叫巴贝特·温顿。
Good morning. My name is Babette Winton.
我想找移♥民♥局的人。
I’d like to speak to someone in immigration.
你从哪里来的?
And where have you arrived from?
从汉普斯特德,乘24路公交车。
From Hampstead, on the 24 bus.
我是英国公民,想听听你的建议。
I’m a British citizen seeking your advice.
-你有预约吗?-预约?不。
– Do you have an appoint… – An appointment? No.
但我很乐意等待。
But I’m happy to wait.
Jovak先生?
Mr Jovak?
在这里。
Here.
请这边走。
Come this way, please.
《我》其他人呢?
Anyone else?
是的,事实上,有个小女孩
Yes, actually, um, there was a young girl
多琳带我来的时候我第一次看到的
that I first saw when Doreen brought me here, um…
她大概11、12岁。
She was about 11 or 12.
她有一个很小的妹妹。
She had a very young baby sister.
根据协议考虑应用程序…
Applications are considered according to protocol…
哦,协议。那是一个毫无意义的短语。
Oh, protocol. That is a meaningless phrase.
你无限重复它真的没有帮助。
You repeating it ad infinitum really doesn’t help.
这些都是无人陪伴的孩子。
These are unaccompanied children.
他们是孩子,他们很绝望,
They’re children, they are desperate,
他们正在挨饿。
and they are starving.
就像许多贫穷的英国孩子一样。
Like many poorer British children.
英国儿童并没有面临这种威胁
British children are not facing the threat
纳粹即将入侵
of imminent Nazi invasion.
温顿夫人,还有其他人在等。
Mrs Winton, there are other people waiting.
如果你不介意的话……
If you don’t mind…
年轻人,我有事要告诉你。坐下来。
Young man, I have something to tell you. Sit down.
30年前,我从德国来到这里结婚。
I came here 30 years ago, from Germany, to marry.
我在这里养育了我的家庭。
I raised my family here.
我丈夫就葬在这里。
My husband is buried here.
也是我对这个国家最钦佩的地方
And what I have most admired about this country
是它对正直,善良,
is its commitment to decency, kindness,
尊重他人。
and respect for others.
我就是按照这些价值观来养育我的儿子的
I raised my son in accordance with these values
他现在在布拉格,就在我们说话的时候,
and he is in Prague, now, as we speak,
将这些价值观付诸实践。
putting these values into practice.
我只是要求你也这样做。
I am merely asking you to do the same.
这个要求过分吗?
Is that too much to ask?
问你的问题,温顿夫人。
Ask your questions, Mrs Winton.
谢谢你!现在,我需要你集中精神
Thank you. Now, I need you to concentrate
我需要你把话说清楚
and I need you to be very clear.
她是12。
She’s 12.
他们不知道这是谁的孩子。没有人知道。
They don’t know whose baby it is. No one does.
她在帮忙照顾她。
She is helping care for her.
但是父母呢?
But what about the parents?
要么被带走,要么死了。
Hm, taken or dead.
正确的。
Right.
我们走吧。
Let’s get on.
我是梅登黑德,3310。
This is Maidenhead, 3310.
尼古拉斯和格雷特·温顿。请留言。
Nicholas and Grete Winton. Please leave a message.
《我》嗨,爸爸。
Hi, Dad.
我只是来看看你是否安好。
It’s just me checking in to see you’re okay.
我们都很好。我刚去过诊所,
We’re all right. Had just been to the clinic,
孩子一切都好。
everything’s fine with the baby.
妈妈说你在想
Mum says that you’re thinking
关于如何处理公文包的问题。
about what to do with the briefcase.
《我》嗯…
Um…
我知道这对你来说不容易。
I know that won’t be easy for you.
如果你想谈谈,我在这里。
I’m here if you wanna talk about it.
希望你游得很好。
Hope you’re swimming lots.
在慕尼黑,纳粹抓走了我的兄弟。
In Munich, Nazis took my brothers.
我的侄子试图阻止他们,
My nephews tried to stop them,
12、10岁,都是男孩。
12, 10 years old, just boys.
他们被殴打并被扔下楼梯
They were beaten and thrown down the stairs
然后被带到集中营。
and taken to the camps.
伊娃和薇拉。
Eva and Vera.
这些是我姐姐的儿子们,
These are my sister’s boys,
Honza和Tommy。
Honza and Tommy.
我们姓戴曼托娃。
Our family name is Diamantova.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thank you.
这是维拉。
That’s Vera.
伊娃。
Eva.
Honza,汤米。
Honza, Tommy.
哦,这里发生了什么?
Oh, what happened here?
她摔倒了。滑雪。她喜欢山。
She fell. Skiing. She loves the mountains.
哦。你喜欢……你喜欢滑雪吗?
Oh. You like… You like skiing?
我喜欢滑雪。
I love skiing.
滑雪和游泳。
Skiing and swimming.
和游泳吗?我也是。
And swimming? Me too.
-早上好,鲁迪。——早上。
– Morning, Rudi. – Morning.
你介意帮我打个电♥话♥到这个号♥码上吗?
Would you mind putting a call through to this number for me?
-当然。给我一点时间。-谢谢。
– Of course. Give me a moment. – Thank you.
温顿先生,你有一封电报。
And Mr Winton, you have a telegram.
哦。谢谢你!
Oh. Thank you.
温顿先生,你说了算。
Mr Winton, your call.
二号♥客舱。
Cabin number two.
尼基,你不会相信的
Nicky, you will not believe
-他们所要求的。 -好的,我准备好了。
– what they are asking for. – All right, I’m ready.
每个孩子单独申请签证。
A separate visa application for each child.
必须承诺支付费用的个人担♥保♥人
An individual sponsor who must promise to pay
满足孩子的所有需求。
for all the child’s needs.
还有50英镑的费用,作为他们最终回归的费用。
And a fee of 50 pounds to pay for their eventual return.
– 50英镑?-是的,我知道。
– Fifty pounds? – Yes, I know.
等等,还有呢。
Wait, there’s more.
医疗证明
A medical certificate,
还有一个养父母来照顾孩子
uh, and a foster parent to care for the child
直到17岁
till the age of 17
或者直到他们能够回家。
or until they are able to return home.
基♥督♥,尼克!
Christ, Nicky!
是的。
Yeah.
尼基?
Nicky?
Slonek先生。你好。
Mr Slonek. Hello.
你好,你好。嗯…
Hello, hello. Uh…
我改变主意了。
I have changed my mind.
这些是照片,
Here are, uh, photos,
我相信现在你会帮助他们了吧?
I believe now you will help them?
1月切赫。
Jan. Petr.
– – -…卡雷尔。卡雷尔。卡雷尔。
– And… Karel. Karel. Karel.
他们什么时候去……好吗?
When will they go… please?
我错过了什么?
What did I miss?
尼基只是说我们得假设
Nicky was just saying we have to assume
这正在发生。
that this is happening.
是的。
Yeah.
我们正在转移孩子们。
We are moving the children.
在大的群体中。乘火车去。
In big groups. By train.
这是一个为期两天的旅行,
That’s a two-day trip,
这就意味着要穿越荷兰
which would mean crossing Holland
荷兰也关闭了边境
and the Dutch have shut their borders
给犹太难民。
to Jewish refugees.
他们必须穿过德国。
And they’d have to cross Germany.
是的,但他们只是路过
Yes, but they’d only be passing through
并持有英国签证。
and on British visas.