您好,我是约翰·保罗二世。
Buon giorno. You have reached Pope John Paul ll.
我现在不方便接电♥话♥,请您
I can’t come to the phone right now, but if you leave…
在哔的一声后留下你的名字和电♥话♥号♥码…
your name and a number after the sound of the beep…
我会尽快给你回电♥话♥的。
I’ll get back to you as soon as heavenly possible.
记住,请等待哔声哟。
Remember, please wait for the beep.
你好,马塞洛?我是菲比,我一直在街上走着……
Hello, Marcello? This is Phoebe. I’ve been walking the streets…
试图弄清楚我到底想说什么…
trying to figure out exactly what I want to say…
我现在终于想明白我想说什么了
and I finally figured out what I do want to say…
所以我就直接说了,好吗?
so I’ll just say it the way I figured it out, OK?
我在罗马。为了能到这里,我花光了身上所有的钱……
I’m here in Rome. I spent every cent I had to get here…
这样我们就可以共度余生了。
so we could spend the rest of our lives together.
你还有印象吗,马塞洛?
Does that ring a bell, Marcello?
对天发誓,我真的以为你与众不同。
Honest to God, I really thought you were different.
那晚在泳池边你说你爱我
When you said you loved me that night by the pool…
我就相信你了。
I believed you.
我真的总是很相信别人和我说的这些话。
I actually believe people when they say things like that.
是的,我买♥♥了!老菲比又被烧伤了。。。
Yep, I bought it! Old Phoebe gets burned again…
但又还有什么新闻呢?所以,嘿,我在胡言乱语,然后…
but what else is new? So, hey, I’m rambling, and…
我今天过得可真糟糕。
I’m having a bad day.
嘿!那是我的午餐!
Hey! That’s my lunch!
哦,上帝!你这小玩意儿毁了我一个面包!
Oh, God! Ruined a perfectly good bun!
对不起,我再没有什么可以给你了!
I have nothing more to give! I’m sorry.
我还记得你签我的那天,
I remember the day you signed me.
你说过我会成为下一个阿尔·帕西诺(美国著名男影星)。
You said I’d be the next Al Pacino.
但如果你不给我找份工作…
But if you don’t land me a job…
在下一张房♥租支票到期之前,我就有大♥麻♥烦了。
before my next rent check is due, I’m in serious trouble.
我认为你应该另外找一个经纪人了…我很抱歉,朱利安。
I think you should find another agent… I’m sorry, Julian.
应该由我来道歉。
I should be the one to apologize.
你了解我,偶尔牢骚满腹。
You know me. I’m a chronic whiner.
这就像我的一个爱好,你了解的。
It’s like a hobby with me. You know that.
再见,朱利安。祝你一切顺利。
Good-bye, Julian. I wish you the best.
你犯了个大错误,卡拉。
You’re making a big mistake, Carla.
我会告诉你原因的,亲爱的。你不妨周末–
I’ll tell you what, honey. I’ll give you the whole weekend.
好好想想看。我周一给你打电♥话♥,好吗?
Think about it. I’ll call you Monday, all right?
但首先得确定他们还没停掉我的电♥话♥。
If they haven’t disconnected my phone by then.
我现在是坐在你的牛奶骨头上吗?
What am I, sitting on a Milk Bone now?
你能去别处吗?
Will you get outta here?
你的主人不管管你吗?
Does somebody own this thing, or what?
至少回家以后,我可以参加些夏令剧目…
At least when I get back home, I can do summer stock…
或者路演……比如说《猫》,你看过这出戏吗?
a road show… maybe Cats again. Ever see that?
你会喜欢的,你可真是个很好的倾听者呢。
You would love that. You know you’re a very good listener?
你为什么不做个女人呢? 哇!看看你!
Why can’t you be a woman? Whoa! Look at you!
你妈妈一定很有钱吧?!哟!蒙特卡罗!
Your mommy must be very loaded, huh? Yo! Monte Carlo!
你到这儿来了,我可一直在到处找你。
There she is. I’ve been looking all over for you.
对不起,先生,我的狗。(意大利语)– 这是你的狗?
Scusi, signore. Mio cane. – This is your dog?
哦,你是美国人。– 是的,朱利安·彼得斯。
Oh. You’re American. – Julian Peters.
菲比。– 菲比什么?
Phoebe. – Phoebe what?
菲比,就菲比。– 只有菲比?
Phoebe. Just Phoebe. – Just Phoebe?
就像啥? — 菲比,就像…
Like what, just Cher? – Just Phoebe, like…
听着,”我不想让你知道我名字的其余部分”,就菲比。
“I don’t want you to know the rest of my name” just Phoebe.
可以把这狗还我吗?
Could I please have the dog?
就叫菲比?我觉得这不是你的狗。
“Just Phoebe,” I don’t think she’s your dog.
她就是我的,– 根本不是。
She is mine. – She can’t be.
你为什么这么说? — 因为它是条公狗。
Why would you say that? – She’s a he.
看来我犯了个错误……
So I made a mistake. Look…
狗儿走丢了,它是我姑妈的……
the dog is lost, and it’s my aunt’s…
我要把狗还给她
and I’m returning the dog to her.
所以现在我能把这该死的狗带走吗?
So could I please have the damn dog?
啊哈,你现在有空吗? — 没有。
Uh-huh. Got a minute? – No.
来吧,请坐一会,我请你随便吃点。
Come on, have a seat. I’ll buy you something.
要喝水吗?气泡水?
Want some water? You like bubbles?
或者矿泉水什么的。
I’ll get you mineral water or something.
你知道,我是个演员。
You know, I’m an actor.
而且,我研究人类行为。
And I study, you know, human behaviour.
现在,我闻到了钱的味道,蒙特卡洛的钱。
And I smell money here. Monte Carlo money.
我闻到了大奖励的味道。– 你想要什么?
I smell big reward. – What do you want?
一半对一半。
50-50.
三七开,条件是你一路都不能跟我说话…
70-30, but on the condition you don’t speak to me once…
一路都不要。
during the entire trip.
三七开不值得浪费我的时间。
70-30 is hardly worth my time.
我在演艺圈工作,我这种小钱我一小时就能赚到。
I’m in show business. I make that in an hour.
六♥四♥成,成交。
60-40, you got a deal.
你的眼睛怎么变得这么红了?你哭了吗?
How come your eyes are so red? Have you been crying?
你是男人吗? 65-35,这是最终的了…
A guy? You involved? -65-35, and I up my end…
闭上你的嘴。
every time you open your mouth.
是的!是红色!好奇怪的!是的!玛丽莲,我太牛逼了。
Yes! Red! Odd! Yes! Marilyn, I’m hot.
我赢了一千六百万。
I’m up 16 million bucks.
我们不在蒙特卡洛每一分钟,都会损失一大笔钱。
Every minute we’re not in Monte Carlo, we’re losing a fortune.
如果赌场知道我有这个系统…
Boy, if the casino knew I had this system…
他们一定会设法置我于死地。
they’d hire hit men to stop me.
那为什么有人会以3美元的价格卖♥♥给你一个稳赚不赔的系统呢?
Why would someone sell you a foolproof system for $3.00?
2美元好吧,我说服那家伙给我降价了,不记得了吗?
$2.00. I talked the guy down, remember?
如果这玩意真这么好使,他干嘛不留着自己用呢?
If it’s so great, why didn’t he use it himself?
玛丽莲,我说过的,他一辈子进不了赌场,他是上了赌场黑名单的。
Marilyn, I told you, he was barred from the casino.
这个人是个数学家,是个这方面的天才。
The man was a mathematician.
尼尔,我只看见他在用手指算数。
Neil, he was counting on his fingers.
那是他喝酒喝高的缘故,我们可是在他最糟糕状态的时刻逮到了他。
That was the liquor. We caught him at a bad moment.
别再怀疑我了,玛丽莲,你就这点水平。
Don’t second-guess me, Marilyn. You’re out of your league.
只要有机会,我就一定会抓住。
I see an opportunity, I go for it.
这有什么区别吗?我研究清楚了。
What difference does it make?
我本来可以买♥♥下来的,这个系统管用。
I could’ve bought it off a horse. The system works.
赌场上从来没有管用的系统,一个也没有。相信我。
There is no system for roulette. None. Believe me.
在赌场里能赢的唯一方法就是不要去赌博。
The only way to win in a casino is not to gamble.
请原谅我的直爽。我叫莫洛斯科,奥吉·莫洛斯科…
Forgive me. My name is Morosco, Augie Morosco…
我这辈子都是个赌徒
and I’ve been a gambler my entire life.
我曾经在纽约开过三家餐厅。
I used to own 3 restaurants in New York.
但在赌盘上全输光了。
I lost them all at roulette.
然后我去了赌徒互助会……
Then I went to Gamblers Anonymous…
最后发现赌博是一种疾病。
and discovered gambling was a disease.
谢天谢地,他们治好了我。– 既然你不是赌徒…
Thankfully, they cured me. – If you’re not a gambler…
那你怎么会在去蒙特卡洛的火车上?
how come you’re on a train to Monte Carlo?
我妻子在那里度假,她让我重新开始工作。
My wife is there on holidays. She got me back in the business.
她可超有钱的,– 所以你是为了钱而结婚?
Extremely wealthy. – So you married for money?
我可没有这样,我是为了很多很多钱而结婚的。
I did no such thing. I married for lots of money.
祝您们在蒙特卡洛过得愉快,好好想想我说的话。
Enjoy your stay in Monte Carlo. Think about what I said.
您身心很健康,是个非常可爱的女人。不要赌博哟。
You’ve got your health, a lovely woman. Don’t gamble.
来吧,你个小家伙。
Come. You’re a cute little guy, yes.
上来,就这样。– 他可真是个有魅力的家伙。
Up you go, there you go. – What a charming guy.
晚上好,– 晚上好。
Good evening. – Good evening.
打扰一下!那可是我的狗!
Excuse me! That’s my dog!
你对我的狗做什么了?
What are you doing with my dog?
你一定是弄错了。这是我的狗。
You must be mistaken. This is my dog.
不,我不可能弄错。我今早在罗马才找到这只狗的。
No, you’re mistaken. I found this dog this morning in Rome.
我可是一小时前在俱乐部车厢买♥♥的。
I bought him an hour ago in the club car.
不,等等!这是不可能的。你从谁手里买♥♥的?
No, wait! That’s impossible. Who’d you buy him from?
一个美国人。现在,如果你不介意的话—
Some American. Now, if you’ll excuse me…
我们马上就到文蒂米利亚了……
we’ll be arriving soon in Ventimiglia…
我还没上洗手间呢。
and I haven’t completed my toilette.
那么,还能有什么?
So, what else?
你可能在《教父3》里见过我。
Hey, you might have seen me in Godfather III.
是部大♥片♥。当然,这只是一小部分……
Major motion picture. Granted, it was a small part…
但我得到了很好的关注。
but I got very good notices.
你把狗卖♥♥了?
You sold the dog?
我不仅卖♥♥了狗…失陪了,亲爱的……
I not only sold the dog… excuse me, darlin’…
我不仅卖♥♥了狗,还赚了六千美元。
I not only sold the dog, but I got $6,000.
这比他的主人多出了一千美元。
That’s $1,000 more than the woman who owns him would pay.
换做是你也会这么做。
You would’ve done the same thing.
不,朱利安,我不会的!这狗我们不能卖♥♥的。
No, Julian, I wouldn’t have. He’s not ours to sell.
我们答应过那个女人要还她的狗!
We promised that woman we’d return her dog!
我不相信我得不到的承诺。
I don’t believe in making promises I can’t keep.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!