Stick around, Tillio.
坐下
There, sit down.
别进电♥话♥亭
Get out of that phone booth!
留在原地 提里欧
Stay where you are!
我要见你
I want to see you, Terry.
我就在你面前
I’m right in front of you.
别给我惹麻烦
Don’t give me a hard time, Terry.
你想干嘛?
What do you want?
你的枪
Your gun.
去你的
Go and chase yourself.
快 把枪给我
Give me the gun.
你去死吧
You go to hell.
-你说什么? -去死吧
-What did you say? -Go to hell.
-抱歉 我扶你 -把手放开
-Sorry, let me help you up. -Get your hands off me!
我该怎么办?
Now what am I going to do?
想逞英雄吗? 想开枪杀人吗?
You want to be a brave man by firing lead into another man?
-不干♥你♥的事 -那就是英雄
-lt’s none of your business! -That’s being brave!
少管闲事
Mind your own business!
那不算英雄
Shooting a man isn’t being brave!
不干♥你♥的事
It’s none of your business!
想伤害钱宁·凡利?
Do you want to hurt Johnny Friendly?
想修理他?
Do you want to fix him?
-真的想干掉他? -你认为呢?
-Do you really want to finish him? -What do you think?
因为他杀了那些人?
For what he did to Charley and a dozen other men?
那就别用流氓的方式对付他 那正合他的意
Don’t fight him like a hoodlum down here in the jungle. That’s what he wants.
他会射杀你 用自卫的理由脱罪
He’ll hit you in the head and plead self-defence.
用事实到法庭对抗他
You’ll fight him in the courtroom tomorrow with the truth.
就是你所知道的事实
As you know the truth.
把枪丢了
Now you get rid of that gun.
如果你没胆就继续拿着
Unless you haven’t the guts, and if you haven’t, hold onto it!
给我一杯啤酒
Give me a beer.
想喝啤酒吗? 来两杯
Do you want a beer? Make it two.
你想告诉我工会每年…
You mean to sit there and tell me that your local takes in…
进帐六万五千五
$65,500 every year…
却没有财务纪录?
and keeps no financial records?
我们当然有纪录
Sure. We got records.
在哪里?
Where are they?
我们昨晚被抢 又找不到账册
We was robbed last night, and we can’t find no books.
-你知道你已发誓说实话? -知道
-You know you’re under oath? -Sure.
五个分会昨晚都遭人闯入
Isn’t it odd to you that five different waterfront locals…
不是很奇怪吗?
were broken into last night?
而且只有财务纪录被窃?
And the only item missing from all of them was the financial records?
什么叫奇怪? 我们被抢了
What do you mean, odd? Like I told you, we was robbed.
到此为止
That’s all for now.
传下一个证人
Call the next witness.
在此之前…
Before you call the next witness…
374分会职员都出席了吗?
are all the officers of Local 374 present this morning?
点名 以下人员请起立
Will the following please rise as their names are called?
麦可史凯利 又名 钱宁·凡利 主席
Mr. Michael J. Skelly, also known as Johnny Friendly, President.
路易强纳塔先生 副♥主♥席♥
Mr. Lewis O. Janotta, Vice President.
丹尼尔库根 财务秘书
Mr. Daniel D. Coogan, Financial Secretary.
凡登西里维奇 工会代表
Mr. Mladen Sokolivitch, Delegate.
提里欧罗力 工会代表
Mr. Tillio A. Rodelli, Delegate.
纪录秘书
Recording Secretary.
谢谢
Thank you, gentlemen.
-下一位证人 -马罗先生
-Next witness. -Mr. Malloy.
请举起右手
Raise your right hand.
-姓名? -泰瑞·马罗
-Name, please. -Terry Malloy.
你发誓句句实言 绝不说谎?
Swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and only the truth?
-好 -我愿意
-Right. -I do.
-我愿意 -请坐
-I do. -Be seated, please.
乔·道尔死亡当晚…
Mr. Malloy…
你是他被推下去之前
is it true that the night Joey Doyle was found dead…
最后见到的人?
you were the last one to see him before he was pushed from the roof?
是 没错
Yes.
请问…
Is it true you went immediately–
除了推他下去的人之外
Wait! Except for the guys that pushed him off.
你是否马上到凡利先生的酒吧
Is it true you went immediately to the Friendly bar…
对凡利先生表达你的感觉?
and expressed your feelings about the murder to Mr. Johnny Friendly?
钱宁·凡利 对
John Friendly, right.
马罗先生
Mr. Malloy…
能否告诉我凡利先生 或者应该说史凯利先生…
can you tell me whether Mr. Friendly, or I should say, Mr. Skelly…
是否表示他应为此事负责?
said anything to you to indicate his responsibility in getting rid of Joey Doyle?

Right.
他是否明白表示为了
Would you say that Mr. Friendly made it clear to you…
顾全他的权力
it was absolutely necessary he murder Joey Doyle in order…
必须杀害道尔先生?
to maintain his control…
关掉 对不对?
on the docks of the waterfront localsl Is that correct?
还有别的事吗 先生?
Will there be anything else?
有 如果凡利先生打来 说我不在
Yes, Sidney, if Mr. Friendly calls, I’m out.
-今天都不在吗? -以后都是 我不在了
-Anytime today? -lf he calls ever, I’m out!
好的 先生
Very well.
谢谢
Thank you, Mr. Malloy.
你不只有助侦破乔·道尔的案子
You’ve done more than break the Joey Doyle case.
你还让诚实的人
We’ve begun to make it possible for honest men to work the docks…
能获得心灵平静
with job security and peace of mind.
你可以下去了 我的问题到此为止
You may step down. That’s all for now.
麦可史凯利先生 请
Mr. Michael J. Skelly, please.
你自讨苦吃 从这码头…
You just dug your own grave. Go fall in it.
一直到纽奥良的所有码头
You’re dead on this waterfront and every waterfront…
你都别想混了
from Boston to New Orleans.
你不能开车 推行李
You don’t drive a truck or a cab…
哪里都不能工作 你死定了
you don’t push a baggage rack you don’t work no place, you’re dead!
不要跟着我 你为何不让我喘口气?
Will you quit following me? Why don’t you get off my tail?
你应该高兴
Orders. You’re hot. You ought to be glad we’re following you.
我觉得像只金丝雀
You’re making me feel like a canary.
-那么… -算了
-Well…. -Lay off.
奇奇
Hi, Cheeky.
你的朋友是谁?
Who’s your friend?
我煮了咖啡 你应该会想喝
I made some hot coffee. I thought you might want some.
总之都结束了
Anyway, it’s all over.
我的朋友都不想理我
My friends don’t want to talk to me.
他们真的是你朋友吗?
Are you sure they’re your friends?
待会儿见
I’ll see you later.
冠军 你还好吗?
Hey, champ, how’s the kid.
怎么了?
What’s with him?
给卧底鸽子的鸽子
A pigeon for a pigeon!
泰瑞
Terry.
那小子
The kid.
汤米
Tommy?
他为什么这么做?
What did he have to do that for?
全部都弄死了
Every one of them.
现在码头到处都对你不安全
Terry, there’s no place that’s safe for you now on the waterfront.
也许内地
Maybe inland…
西部会安全点
out west some place…
农场
a farm.
农场?
A farm?
只要远离凡利 想做什么都行
You could do anything, as long as you’re away from Johnny Friendly.
就算那些工人 对你帮忙也不领情
You tried to help the longshoremen…
继续坚持当笨龙
and they just turn their backs and stick to their stupid D and D!
他们会为你卖♥♥命吗? 你又何必呢?
Are they taking chances for you? Why should you?
你根本没听我说 有吗?
You’re not even listening to me, are you?
你要过去
You’re going down there.
就因为钱宁警告你不要去
Just because Johnny Friendly warned you not to, you’re going down there.
你要证明你不怕他们吗?
You think you got to prove that you’re not afraid of them!
那就去啊 做个了断
Well, go ahead, get it over with.
白白去送死 愚蠢 固执
Go down and get yourself killed you stupid, pigheaded….
你想证明什么?
What are you trying to prove?
他们都说我没出息
They always said I was a bum.
依荻 我不是
Well, I ain’t a bum, Edie.
放心 我不会伤人的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!