The waterfront is tougher, Father, like it ain’t part of America.
-知道码头工会分会怎么运作? -不知道 怎样?
-Do you know how a trigger local works? -No. How?
你在会议上提临时动议的话
You get up in the meeting, you make a motion,
灯就会灭掉 然后你会被轰出去
the lights go out, then you go out.
钱宁和他的兄弟已经接管了本地分会
That’s how it’s been since Johnny and his cowboys took over the local.
找个能安心说话的地方
Name one place where it’s safe to talk without getting clobbered.
-教堂 -什么?
-The church. -What?
教堂楼下
The bottom of the church.
你知道自己在干嘛吗?
You know what you’re letting yourself in for?
有烟吗?
You got a cigarette on you?
在那边
Right over there.
-工作辛苦了 -是啊
-You working hard? -Yeah.
想不想做一点让你称职的工作?
You wouldn’t mind working once in a while to justify this lofty position, would you?
我做完工作了 袋子我算好了
I finished the work. I counted all them bags.
有其它一份差事给你
We have an extra detail for you.
如果你不介意被打扰的话
That’s if you don’t mind being disturbed or anything.
神父和道尔小姐要在教堂开会
The priest and this Doyle girl are getting a meeting up together down at the church.
我们要参加者的名单
We want a rundown on the names and the numbers of all the players.
等一下 好 你被提名了
Wait a minute. All right, you’re nominated.
为何找我? 我觉得到那里很怪
Why me, Charley? I feel funny going down there.
我会帮你做卧底鸽子
I’d just be stooling for you.
我告诉你告密就是要出♥卖♥♥♥朋友 钱宁要你帮忙
Let me tell you what stooling is. Stooling is when you rat on your friend…
千万别考虑
the guys you’re with. Johnny wants a favour.
照他的意思
Don’t think about it. Do it.
去吧 去做教友吧
Go on. Join the congregation.
我以为会有更多人 可是
I thought there would be more of you here, but….
罗马人发现只要找对的人 一样能成功
The Romans found out what a handful could do if it’s the right handful.
我只是个老百姓 但事情不是跟一二三一样简单吗?
I’m just a potato-eater, but isn’t it simple as one, two, three?
一 工作环境恶劣
One. The working conditions are bad.
二 老板是黑道
Two. They’re bad because the mob does the hiring.
三 我们要防止他们胡作非为
Three. The only way to break the mob is to stop letting them get away with murder.
只要你们愿意回答个问题 就是好的开始
If one of you’ll answer one question, we’d have a very good start.
这个问题就是 谁杀了乔·道尔?
And that question is: Who killed Joey Doyle?
没人知道谁杀了乔?
Not one of you has a line on who killed Joey Doyle?
我觉得你们每个人都可以告诉我些事情
I have a hunch all of you could tell us something about it.
那就回答这个问题
All right, then answer this one:
身为基♥督♥徒我们怎能以沉默包庇凶手?
How can we call ourselves Christians and protect these murderers with our silence?
吉米 你是他最好的朋友
Jimmy Collins, you were Joey’s best friend.
你怎能坐视不管?
How can you just sit there and not say anything?
他永远都是我的好友 可是我
I’ll always think of him as my best friend, but what do you want me to–
谁让他来的?
Who asked him in here?
我试着去了解
I’m trying to find out what happened to Joey Doyle.
-也许你能帮忙 -帮忙?
-Maybe you can be helpful. -Helpful?
查理的弟弟?
The brother of Charley the Gent?
会害我们死得更惨
They’ll help us get to the bottom of the river.
别把他扯进来
You better leave Charley out of this.
-他会帮忙吗? -你怎么不自己去问?
-You don’t think he’d be helpful? -Why don’t you ask him yourself?
-也许有朝一日我会 -有朝一日
-Maybe I will one of these days. -One of these days.
你们知道凶手是谁
Now, listen, you know who the pistols are.
难道要等到每个人都被杀害吗?
Are you going to keep still until they cut you down one by one?
是不是?
Are you?
杜根 你呢?
Dugan! How about you? Are you?
神父 你要知道我们
One thing you have to understand, Father, on the dock…
在码头一直都是笨龙
we’ve always been D and D.
-什么意思? -又聋又笨
-D and D? What’s that? -Deaf and dumb.
再恨他们也不告密
No matter how much we hate the torpedoes, we don’t rat.
告密? 大家放聪明点
Rat? Now boys, get smart.
我知道你们被压榨…
I know you’re getting pushed around, but there’s one thing…
我们要找方法还击
we have in this country, and that’s ways of fighting back.
找出真♥相♥
Getting the facts to the public.
出面做证反对你明知不对的事
Testifying for what is right against what is wrong.
说出真♥相♥对他们来说就是告密 你们不懂吗?
What’s ratting to them is telling the truth for you, can’t you see that?
你们不懂吗?
Can’t you see that?
我觉得我们尽力了
It seems to me we’ve gone just about as far as we can at this time.
神父 你应该也会同意
I think you’ll agree with that, Father.
我想以马太福音的一段话作结束
So, I’d like to close with a few words from St. Matthew:
大家到我这里来…
“Come unto me all you–”
那是我们的朋友
What did I tell you about sticking your neck out.
这是警♥察♥的问题 不是我们的
This is a police problem, not ours.
文斯 他们需要我们帮忙
These people need help.
好 等你被赶走别怪我
Okay. Only don’t blame me when they ship you off to Abyssinia.
不会
I won’t.
两个两个一起回家 两个两个
You better go home in pairs. Twos is two, you know.
快点
Come on.
老爹
Pop!
依荻
Edie!
老爹出事了
What’s happened to Pop?
他们不会伤害老人的
He’s all right. He’s an old man, they won’t hurt him.
滚出去
Get out, you!
起来 你还好吧?
Are you all right?
好 虽然他们把我的头当球打
Yeah, considering they were using my head for a baseball.
还是笨龙吗? 你和我们同一阵线吗?
You still D and D? Do you still call it ratting?
-你和我们同一阵线吗? -你认为呢?
-Are you on the level? -What do you think?
如果我出头 你还会
If I stick my neck out and it’s chopped off, is that the end?
-坚持下去吗? -坚持到底
-Or will you go all the way? -Down the line.
他们也会对你动粗 不管你是不是神父
They’ll put muscle on you, too, turned-around collar or not.
脸擦一下 你站出来我就支持你
Wipe your face. Listen, you stand up and I’ll stand up with you.
-出生入死? -向上帝发誓
-Right down the wire? -So help me God.
我们没事
I think we’re okay.
他们用钢管和球棒
Steel pipes and baseball bats.
他们实在够狠
They play pretty rough around here.
我可以自己回家了
I can make it home now all right.
你是哪一边的?
Which side are you with?
我? 我是我自己这边的
Me? I’m with me, Terry.
施舍一毛买♥♥咖啡吧?
You got a dime for a cup of coffee?
走开 好吗?
Go on, beat it, will you?
只要一个你不要的一毛钱?
A little dime you don’t need?
我认识你 你是依荻·道尔
I know you. You’re Edie Doyle.
快走开
Come on. Beat it.
你哥还帮我索赔
Your brother was a saint, the only one who ever tried to get me compensation.
泰瑞 记得吗?
You remember, Terry.
你也在场
You was there that night.
这里有零钱 自己去爽一下
Here’s some change. Go have yourself a ball.
你收买♥♥不了我 你还是个流氓
You don’t buy me. You’re still a bum.
再见 依荻
So long, Edie.
愿上帝保佑乔
Lord have mercy on Joey.
你看谁叫我流氓
Who’s calling me a bum?
大家都爱乔…
Everybody loved Joey.
从小孩到醉汉都一样
From little kids to the old rummies.
你跟他熟吗?
Did you know him very well?
他在这一带混
You know, he got around.
他是什么意思?
What did that man mean just now?
别理他 他醉了 无所事事
Don’t pay no attention to him. He’s drunk, he’s falling down. Everything.
只是附近的醉鬼
He’s a juicehead that hangs around the neighbourhood.
不必理他
Don’t pay no attention.
我得走了
I better go now.
别怕 我又不会咬你
You don’t have to be afraid of me. I’m not going to bite you.
他们不让你和男人一起走?
I guess they don’t let you walk with fellas where you’ve been?
你知道修女是怎样的
You know how the sisters are.
是啊
Yeah.
-难道你要当修女? -那是间普通大学
-Are you training to be a nun? -lt’s just a regular college.
是圣安修女院在经营的
It’s run by the Sisters of St. Anne.
在哪里?
Where is that?
在泰瑞城
In Tarrytown.
-在哪? -在郊区
-Where’s that? -ln the country.
我不喜欢郊区 我怕蟋蟀
I don’t like the country. The crickets make me nervous.
多久来这里一次?
How often do you get in here?
去年耶诞过后就没来过
I haven’t been here since last Christmas.
我们本来要办感恩节派对
We were going to have a Thanksgiving party.
很好
That’s nice.
你都在那边做什么? 只是念书?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!