看你的了 强打
Now you take it easy, slugger.

Joey!
乔·道尔
Joe Doyle!
在这 你想干嘛?
All right! What do you want?
我捉到一只你的鸟
I got one of your birds.
我从脚环认出来的
I recognised him by the band.
一定是丹尼小子 上次比赛弄丢的
It must be Danny-boy. I lost him in the last race.
他飞进我的鸟笼
He flew into my coop.
-你要吗? -我最近要小心一点
-You want him? -I got to watch myself these days.
懂我意思吗?
You know what I mean?
放心
Don’t worry.
-我带它到你家顶楼 -好 顶楼见
-I’ll take him up to your loft. -Okay, I’ll see you on the roof.
钱宁·凡利酒吧
怎么样?
How goes?
他在顶楼
He’s up on the roof.
鸽子呢?
The pigeon?
是 白的
Yeah, it worked.
看来有人从顶楼跌下去了
I think somebody fell off the roof.
以为他会对犯罪委员会招供 作梦
He thought he’d sing to the Crime Commission. He won’t.
我以为他们只是要找他谈
I thought they’d talk to him.

That’s the idea.
我以为只是要他少说话
I thought they’d talk to him and get him to dummy up.
大概吵起来了
Maybe he gave them an argument.
我以为只是吓吓他
I figured the worst they was gonna do was lean on him a little bit.
我不是说他们八成吵架了
Maybe he gave them an argument.
他最近和老板钱宁常吵
He’s been giving Johnny the Boss a lot of arguments lately.
他不是坏孩子
He wasn’t a bad kid, that Joey.
是个金丝雀
A canary.
会唱歌♥却飞不了
Maybe he could sing, but he couldn’t fly.
走吧 我请你喝一杯
Come on, I’ll buy you a drink.
我等一下进去
I’ll be in there later and….
贝瑞神父来了
Father Barry is here.
我家安迪五年前 也是这样死的
Same thing happened to my Andy five years ago.
-你就是父亲? -没错
-You’re the boy’s father? -That’s right.
知道他自己掉下去还是被推的?
Looks like he fell off the roof, or maybe he was pushed.
-知道么? -不知道
-Any ideas? -No.
他是唯一敢和警方说话的码头工人
He was the only longshoreman that had the guts to talk to the crime investigators.
-谁问你了? -大家都知道
-Who asked you? -Everybody knows that.
闭嘴
Shut up.
-如果乔听我的话 -大家都知道这点
-lf he took my advice he wouldn’t be—Everyone knows that.
闭嘴
I said, “Shut up!”
我知道你对警♥察♥的感觉 只要
I know how you feel about cops, but if you give me…
给我一点线索…
some leads I could
我一直告诉他 什么都不要说
I kept telling him, “Don’t say nothing.
少说话 才能长命百岁
“Keep quiet, you’ll live longer.”
我一辈子都在码头工作 学到了一件事
I’ve been on the docks all my life, boy, and there’s one thing I learned.
除非不想活了
You don’t ask no questions, you don’t answer no questions…
否则就保持沉默
unless you want to wind up like that.
依荻 过来
Edie, come here.
我有话跟你说
I want to talk to you.
神父 谁会想杀乔?
Father, who’d want to kill Joey?
离他远一点 离他远一点
Stay away from him! Stay away from him!
依荻 听着
Edie, listen!
时间和信仰是最好的疗方
Remember time and faith are great healers.
我哥都死了你还谈信仰
Father, my brother is dead and you talk about time and faith.
他是这一带最棒的孩子
My brother was the best kid in the neighbourhood and everybody said so.
需要我的话到教堂找我
I’m in the church if you need me.
你在教堂?
You’re in the church if I need you?
你听过圣人躲在教堂里吗?
Did you ever hear of a saint hiding in a church?
我要知道谁杀了我哥哥
I want to know who killed my brother!
你怎么了?
What’s the matter with you, punk?
老板 派奇要再来一杯
Boss, Packy wants another drink on the cuff.
给他
Give it to him.
这是重整后的红利
And here’s the cut on the shape-up.
891人 每人3元 总共2673元
891 men, $3 a head. That’s $2,673.
查理 算算看
Charley, you count them.
香蕉船明天进46号♥码头
The banana boat is 46 tomorrow.
罢♥工♥可以让我们赚点钱 香蕉很容易坏
If we pull a walkout, it might be a few bucks from the shippers.
-去问二吉 -2673
-Them bananas go bad in a hurry. -Ask $2,000.
这些小丑根本不会打
Clowns can’t fight.
能者难寻啊
There’s nobody tough anymore.
嗨 强打
Hi, slugger.
小子
Hi, kid.
我的大金主摩根呢?
Where’s Morgan? Where’s that big banker of mine?
我在这里 凡利先生
Right here, Mr. Friendly.
-嗨 JP 生意好吗? -跟凯利有点问题
-Hi, JP, how’s business? -Having trouble with Kelly again, boss.
他不愿被调到贷款部 大麦还在努力说服他
He won’t take no loans and Big Mac puts him to work anyway.
-他是我太太的外甥 -可是
-He’s my wife’s nephew. -He won’t take no loans!
我得给他工作 不然我老婆会宰了我
I got to put him to work. She’d murder me!
所以我才不结婚
That’s why I never got married.
老板 今天的利息532元
Here’s the interest on the day, boss. $532.
你算一算
You count it.
我算了就想睡
Counting makes me sleepy.
今天铁片成果如何?
You handle that sheet metal all right?
很简单 新的检查伪造的收据 这里
It was easy. The new checker faked the receipt. Here.
如果你想和我说话 就把雪茄拿掉
You want to talk to me, take the cigar out of your mouth.
-收据收起来 我拿现金 -当然
-Stow the receipt. I’ll take the cash. -Sure.
-拿去 4千5百元 -泰瑞 算算看
-Here you are, 45 bills. -Terry, you count this.
算啊
Come on, go on, it’s good for you.
-动一下脑袋 -什么脑袋?
-lt develops your mind. -What mind?
闭嘴 我喜欢这小子
Shut up. I like the kid.
记得那天他在尼克斯收拾法赖吗?
Remember the night he took Farella at St. Nick’s, Charley?
我们大获全胜 够狠 勇气可嘉
We won a bundle. Real tough. A big try.
我算错了
I lost the count.
好吧 算了 爱因斯坦
Okay, forget it, Einstein.
像你哥查理一样去念点书
How come you never got an education like your brother Charley?
他算术只学会数到10
The only arithmetic he ever got was hearing the referee count up to 10.
胖子 你今天很不幽默
You’re not too funny today, Fat Man.
我们的小子今晚怎么了?
Hey, what gives with our boy tonight, Charley?
他不像他自己了
He isn’t himself.
还不是乔那件事 他看得太重了
It’s the Joey Doyle thing and how he exaggerates the thing.
拳击规章太多了让他软弱
Too much Marquis of Queensbury softens him up.
我的心也很软 去问码头上的酒鬼
Listen, I’m a soft touch, too. Ask any rummy on the dock…
我是不是常给他钱
if I’m not good for a fin any time they put the arm on me.
我妈用看守员的退休金养大10个孩子
But my old lady raised us 10 kids on a stinking watchman’s pension.
我16岁就不得不到处找工作
When I was 16, I had to beg for work in the hold.
我今天的成就绝非侥幸
I didn’t work my way up out of there for nothing.
我知道
I know that, Johnny, I know it.
接管这个工会很花力气
Taking over this local took a little doing.
有些家伙很难搞 他们给我这个作纪念
There were rough fellas in the way. They gave me this to remember them by.
他把手捂在脖子上 而且还继续去追他们
He kept his hand over his throat to stay alive and he still went after them.
我知道什么让你烦心
I know what’s eating you.
我有两千名缴费会员 一年收七万二年费 合法的
I got 2,000 dues-paying members in this local, that’s $72,000 a year legitimate.
为了要工作固定 他们每人缴些钱
When each one of them puts in a couple of bucks a day just to make sure…
自己算吧
the work’s steady, well, figure it out.
这只是明面上的
That’s just for openers.
我们已经有了世界上最大的码头
We’ve got the fattest piers in the fattest harbour in the world.
我们什么都抽成
Everything moves in and out, we take our cut.
有何不可? 有能力就有资格收
Why shouldn’t we? If we can get it, we’re entitled to it.
你觉得我能承担失去这生意的后果吗?
You don’t suppose I can afford to be boxed out of a deal like this, do you?
一个我呕心沥血得回来的生意? 为了一个觉得可以
A deal I sweated and bled for, on account of one lousy little cheese-eater…
到委员会告密的烂货?
that Doyle bum, who thinks he can squeal to the crime commission. Do you?
你觉得我能吗?
Do you?
我觉得我应该早点被告知
No, Johnny. I just figured I should have been told.
这里有2623元
I make it $2,623.
阿皮 少50元
You’re $50 short, Skins.
给我
Gimme.
-我一定算错了 -给我
-I must’ve miscounted. -Gimme!
回绿点去 你不用在这里工作了
You come from Green Point, go back there. You don’t work here no more.
这一百元拿去乐一乐
Here, kid, here’s half a bill. Go get you a load on.
不用了 钱宁

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!