因为我只喜欢这一类人
‘Cause the only people that interest me are the mad ones.
他们的生活狂放不羁 说起话来热情洋溢
The ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
对生活十分苛刻 希望拥有一切
desirous of everything at the same time,
他们对平凡的事物不屑一顾
the ones that never yawn and say a commonplace thing,
但他们渴望燃烧
but burn, burn, burn,
像神话中巨型的黄色罗马蜡烛那样燃烧
like Roman candles across the night.
(巴士交通公告 ……从奥尔巴尼和波基普西的巴士)……
BUS TRAFFIC ANNOUNCEMENT: “service from Albany and Poughkeepsie…”
(现在到达3号♥门……)
“is now arriving at door number 3…”
来吧
Come on.
好 太太
Yes, Ma’am.
你从哪儿弄来的西装?
Where did you get the suit?
11美元第三大道买♥♥的
11 dollars on 3rd Ave.
来吧 伙计们 看镜头
Come on, guys, concentrate.
让我们来看看
Let’s see.
给你的
For you.
这半边我留着
And I’ll keep this one.
Sal Sal Sal
Sal, Sal, Sal
我会想你们的
I’ll miss you guys.
orooni是之前提到的Slim Gaillard常说的一个词 表示“好吧”
到西部!
To the West-orooni!
到西部!
To the West-orooni.
别忘了给我写信 Carlo
Don’t forget to write, Carlo.
别做那些我不会做的事情!
Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!
我会的
I will.
唉 唉 Sal
Alas, alas, Sal.
不是我 我醉了
It’s not me, I’m drunk.
但我的灵魂直抒胸臆 可以这么说
But my soul talking direct soul language, so to speak,
我最亲的兄弟和厮混的朋友 是你
to my deepest blood brother and holy goof—that’s you.
正式一点来分♥析♥
And to be formal and analytical about it,
我要客观地讲讲我最想念你的那些个性
let me objectify the characteristics I miss the most of you.
第一 你的言谈
Number 1: your conversation.
第二 你兄弟般的笑容 伙计
Number 2: your brotherly smile, man.
不赘述了 一言蔽之 丹佛等你来
But I shall go on, so to close and get the gist Denver waits for you.
Carlo在他的巢穴里研究痛苦矛盾的辞藻
Carlo in his damp grotto and clowned misery — to use a paradox of expression
等待着你 所以你赶紧吧!
waits for you, so get on it!
要快 赶紧奔向我 不得延迟
Be quick and hurry to me, no delay.
长破折号♥
Long dash.
双关:Paradise-天堂正好是Sal的姓
把天堂带来丹佛
Bring Paradise to Denver.
把天堂带来丹佛
Bring Paradise to Denver.
我永远爱你
And I love you as ever.
Dean
Dean.
醉言
Drunk.
随着Dean Moriarty的到来
With the coming of Dean Moriarty,
我生活开始了新的篇章 可以称之为“我的生活在路上”
began the part of my life you could call “My life on the Road”.
在此之前 我常常梦见自己向西部行进
Before that, I’d often dreamed of going West —
也隐约规划这么做 却从未实践
always vaguely planning but never cutting out.
我是一个年轻的作家 羽翼待丰准备起飞
I was a young writer, trying to take off.
道森郡 内布拉斯加州
你是什么物种(哪种人)?
Now what species are you?
旅行者
Traveler.
感谢你载我
I appreciate the lift.
……这可能是你最后一程!
… It might be your last!
我车上装的炸♥药♥
I’m freighting dynamite.
你在找我的脚趾吗?
You looking for that toe?
他们今早给它锯掉了
They amputated it this morning.
不许抽烟 但你可以在车上喝酒
You can’t smoke, but you can drink in this car.
好吧谢谢
Alright Thanks.
跟上 我在你后面
“Follow me, I’m right behind you.
疼吗?
Did it hurt?
我不建议你尝试!
I don’t recommend it!
糟了 我得尿尿
Shoot! I gotta take me a piss.
一辆后面带拖斗的卡车
A truck with a flat board at the back
上面横七竖八躺了大约六七个小伙子
with about six or seven boys sprawled out on it.
小便时间到!
Piss call.
唔咦!
Woo-ee!
我们要到了!
Here we go!
戴棒球帽的那个小伙子叫着
yelled the kid in the baseball cap.
我们自迪莫尼斯起就这样玩命开车
We been riding this son of a bitch since Des Moines!
从来没有放慢过!
These guys never stop!
你想要小便就得拼命嚷
Every now and then you have to yell for piss call,
否则只好对着空气撒尿了
otherwise you have to piss off the air
忍♥着吧 伙计 忍♥着吧
and hang on brother, hang on!
丹佛市 科罗拉多州
非常感谢 伙计们
Thanks a lot, guys
我知道 这是……
I know, it’s…
我希望你在这不用付房♥租!
I hope you’re not paying rent on this place!
噢 我的天使心的Sal终于来了!
Oh, my angel-headed Sal is here at last!
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
我也一样
You, too.
你在忙什么?
So, what are you doing?
我是说……
I mean…
你到底在干些什么?
What exactly are you doing?
我白天在五月公♥司♥清洁
I am vacuuming at May Company by day.
唔 ……
Uhmm…
刮目相看
Impressive.
……我知道
… I know.
晚上则追逐我们共同热爱的那只野性的疯狗
And chasing our beloved, feral, mad dog by night.
Dean在哪里?
And where is Dean?
有什么计划?
What’s the schedule?
我一个半小时前下班
So, I got off work a half hour ago.
当时 Dean正在旅馆干着Marylou
At that time, Dean is screwing Marylou at the hotel.
1点整 他就换Marylou为Camille 他的新女友
At one sharp, he goes from Marylou to Camille, the new girl.
当然 两人都不知道这事
Of course, neither knows what’s going on,
但他就干♥她♥一次 让我一点半准时到
but he screws her once, giving me time to arrive at 130.
然后 我俩出门继续我们未竟的事业 直到早上6点
Then we go out for our unfinished business until 6 in the morning.
“未竟的事业”?
“Unfinished business”?
Dean和我试图把
Dean and I are trying to communicate with
我们脑中的坦诚和完整勾连起来
absolute honesty and completeness everything in our minds.
借助苯♥丙♥胺♥(冰♥毒♥)
We do it on Benzedrine.
6点 他又回到Marylou身边 用剩余的时间
And then at 6, he goes back to Marylou and spends the rest of the day
忙着试图理清必要的离婚文件
running around trying to sort out the necessary papers for the divorce.
他想要的是回到旧金山和Camille结婚
All that he wants to do is go back to San Francisco and marry Camille.
真诡异!
It’s sick!
我敢打赌 她一定非常丑
And I bet she’s incredibly ugly.
海伦是神话中倾国倾城的美女
她就像像特洛伊的海伦 还特别有脑子
Like Helen of Troy with a fucking brain.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
Camille现在真的很讨厌我
Camille really hates me right now.
怎么会 Sal!
Why, Sal!
好啊 你来了!
Yes, you’ve arrived!
你终于重回旧路了 对吧?
You finally got on that old road, didn’t you?
的确如此
I did.
看看 Camille 这是我的纽约来得好哥们Sal
Look here, Camille, it’s my good buddy Sal from New York.
不好意思我没能起来迎客 Sal
Sorry for not getting up, Sal,
但我没想到这时候会有客人
but I wasn’t expecting company at this hour.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
我还是走吧
I should leave.
这是Sal第一次来丹佛
It’s Sal’s first time in Denver
我一定要陪他出去
and I think it’s absolutely necessary for me
给他找个漂亮的姑娘
to take him out and fix him up with a girl.
现在么?
Right now?
我3点14分前一定赶回来
I should be back no later than 3:14
我们再一起做一个美好的梦 亲爱的
for our hour of reverie, darling.
白天工作 晚上也轮轴转
Works all day, runs around all night.
他不吃饭 也不睡觉……
He never eats, he never sleeps…
她是不是很不错?
Ain’t she something?
这男人还认为他是超人
The man thinks he’s Superman.
是啊
Yeah.
我说了 不是3点 而是3点14
As I said, not 3:00 but 3:14.
难道我们的心灵不是相通的吗
Now are we straight in the most wonderful and deepest depths of our soul,
我最亲爱的?
dear darling?
他有给我选择吗?