也到时候了
And about time.
比尔 你看啊 如果我们完蛋了
And I’m afraid, you see, Bill, that if the game was up with us…
你的损失恐怕比我们大 亲爱的
…it would come out rather worse for you than it would for me, my dear.
那只能这么着了
There’s only one thing for it.
得找人到局子里去看看 看看他怎么样了
Somebody’s gotta find out at the office what’s being done to him.
总得有人去
Somebody’s gotta get hold of him somehow.
我才不愿意靠近警♥察♥局呢 为谁都不去
I ain’t going near no police office. Not for nobody, nohow.
我有主意了 贝特会去的
I have it, the very thing. Bet will go.
-是不是啊 亲爱的 -如果我去的话 会遭雷劈的
-Won’t you, my dear? -I’m blessed if I will.
南希 亲爱的 你说呢
Nancy, my dear, what do you say?
不行 你这套把戏行不通 费金
It won’t do. There’s no use in trying it on, Fagin.
-你那是什么意思 -我说过了
-What do you mean by that? -What I say.
你是最合适的
Why, you’re just the very person for it.
这儿没人认识你
Nobody about here knows anything about you.
我也不想让他们认识
And as I don’t want them to neither.
我也不会同意的 比尔
It’s rather more “no” than “yes” with me, Bill.
-她会去的 费金 -不 她不会 费金
-She’ll go, Fagin. -No, she won’t, Fagin.
她会去的 费金
Yes, she will, Fagin.
-需要效劳吗 女士 -我在找我的弟弟
-Can I help you, miss? -I’m looking for my little brother.
-他是谁啊 -一个可爱的小男孩
-Now, who would he be? -A lovely little boy.
很文雅 很有礼貌
Lovely manners. Gentle as falling snow.
不在我们这里
We don’t get many of those.
也许你该试试方先生的法庭
I think you’ll be wanting Mr. Fang’s court.
乔治 这位年轻女士要找她的弟弟
George, this here young lady is looking for her brother.
那个昏倒 后来走掉的
The one that fainted and got away with it.
是啊 被一位先生带走了
Oh, yeah. Gentleman took him away.
什么先生 老天爷啊 什么先生
What gentleman? Gracious heavens, what gentleman?
我想是住在本顿维尔
Well, lives in Pentonville, I believe.
哦 老天
Oh, my God.
不 不 等等 等等
No, no. Wait, wait, wait.
他还有张名片在这里
His card’s here somewhere.

Here we are.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
布朗罗先生
Mr. Brownlow.
布朗罗先生
Mr. Brownlow.
他身上有种东西
There’s something in him…
触动了我 贝德温太太
…that touched my heart, Mrs. Bedwin.
说不清楚
Can’t explain it.
我也有这种感觉 先生
I feel the same, sir.
他是谁 干什么的
Who is he? What is he?
你对他一无所知
You know nothing of him.
他发烧了 那又怎么了
He had a fever. What of that?
坏人也会发烧的
Bad people have fevers sometimes.
我知道在牙买♥♥加有个家伙 因为谋杀主人而被绞死
I knew a man in Jamaica who was hanged for murdering his master.
他发过6次烧
He had a fever six times.
-我知道他身上有善良的品质 -你怎么知道的
-I know there is goodness in him. -How do you know it?
善良和无辜
Goodness and innocence.
-我第一眼看到他就知道了 -他会骗人的
-I knew it the first moment I saw him. -He’ll deceive you.
一有机会就会让你失望
Let you down at the first opportunity…
就像你以前做的那些善事一样
…Iike all your other good and innocent causes.
如果那孩子是善良无辜的 我就把自己的脑袋吃了 先生
If that boy’s good and innocent, I’ll eat my own head, sir.
感觉如果 亲爱的
How do you feel, my dear?
很高兴 先生
Very happy, sir.
-非常感谢您 先生 -好孩子
-And very grateful to you indeed, sir. -Good boy.
有没有给他吃过东西了 贝德温 吃过流食了吗
Have you given him any nourishment, Bedwin? Any slops?
不是流食 先生 是肉汤
Not slops, sir. Broth.
还有几杯葡萄酒
A couple of glasses of port wine…
对他的身体大有好处
…would have done him a great deal more good.
是吗 萨姆
Wouldn’t they, Sam?
我叫奥利弗 先生
My name is Oliver, sir.
奥利弗
Oliver?
-奥利弗什么 奥利弗·沃特斯 -不 先生 忒斯特 奥利弗·忒斯特
-Oliver what? Oliver Waters? -No, sir. Twist. Oliver Twist.
你为什么告诉推事 你叫沃特斯
Why did you tell the magistrate your name was Waters?
我没这么告诉他 先生
I never told him so, sir.
-你没有 -没有 先生
-You did not? -No, sir.
-你不是在生我的气吧 先生 -不 没有
-You’re not angry with me, are you? -No, no.
奇怪的名字
Queer name.
奥利弗·忒斯特
Oliver Twist.
这里的书很多吧 孩子
There are a great many books, are there not, my boy?
是非常多 先生
A great number, sir.
从来没看过这么多
Never saw so many.
你想长大成为一个智者
How would you like to grow up a clever man…
撰写书籍吗
…and write books?
我宁可读书 先生
I think I’d rather read them, sir.
为什么不想当作家呢
Wouldn’t you like to be a book writer?
我想做一个卖♥♥书的也许更好 先生
I think it’d be a better thing to be a bookseller, sir.
你说得真不错
You have said a very good thing.
好吧
Well, well.
我们不会把你培养成作家 只要学门正当的手艺就行
We won’t make an author of you while there’s an honest trade to be learned…
或者去学制砖
…or brickmaking to turn to.
-你是要赶我走吗 先生 -不 我亲爱的孩子
-Are you going to send me away, sir? -No, my dear child.
你不必担心我抛弃你
You need not be afraid that I am going to desert you…
-除非你给我这么做的理由 -不会的 永远都不会 先生
-…unless you give me cause. -I never, never will, sir.
希望如此
I hope not…
因为我非常愿意相信你 我为此也感到奇怪
…because I feel strongly disposed to trust you.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
我很高兴不用再穿这些了
I’m pleased I won’t have to wear those again.
我们也很高兴 亲爱的
So are we all, my dear.

There.
您们好
Hello.
他是谁啊
What’s that?
这是小奥利弗·忒斯特
This is young Oliver Twist.
书店的伙计拿来一个包裹
The bookseller’s boy brought a package.
哦 追上他 奥利弗 我还有些书要还回去
Oh, stop him, Oliver. There’s some books to go back.
-他就是那个得了感冒的孩子 -没错 就是
-ls that the boy who had the fever? -That’s the boy.
当心点
Mind out!
-先生 没看到他 -噢 真让人难过
-No sign of him, sir. -Oh, dear, I’m very sorry for that.
有几本书我很想今晚就还了
I particularly wished some books to be returned tonight.
为什么不让奥立弗去 让他去绝送对不会出问题
Why not send Oliver with them? He’ll be sure to deliver them safely.
是的 您就交给我吧
Yes, do let me take them.
先生 如果你愿意的话 我可以跑过去
If you please, sir. I’ll run all the way.
去吧 亲爱的
You shall go, my dear.
让贝德温太太告诉你怎么走
Ask Mrs. Bedwin to show you the way.
-等等 奥立弗 -是的 先生
-And, Oliver…. -Yes, sir?
把这个给书店老板
Give the bookseller this.
我欠他的钱
The money I owe him.
我马上回来 先生
I won’t be long, sir.
-你觉得这一去要多长时间 -你真觉得他会回来吗
-How long do you think it’ll take him? -You really expect him to come back?
-你觉得不会 -带着5英镑
-You don’t? -With a £5 note in his pocket?
不 我不相信
No, I do not.
如果那个孩子回来的话
If ever that boy returns to this house…
我把自己的头吃掉 先生
…I’ll eat my own head, sir.
还有你的头
And yours.
噢 弟弟
Oh, my little brother!
-我没看错吧 -放开我 救命
-I don’t believe my eyes. -Let me go. Help!
-上天有眼啊 我找到他了 -放开我
-It’s a miracle. Oh, I’ve found him. -Please let me go.
-噢 奥立弗 奥立弗 -南希
-Oh, Oliver. Oliver. -Nancy.
你太调皮了 为了你我受了多少苦啊
You’re such a naughty boy to make me suffer such distress on your account.
-放开我 -小姐 这是怎么回事
-Let go of me! -What’s the matter, ma’am?
他离家出走了
He ran away from his parents.
-放开我 -他们勤勤恳恳 受人敬重
-Get off me! -Hard-working, respectable people…
而他倒和一帮小贼和坏蛋混在一起
…and joined a set of thieves and bad characters.
他妈妈的心可伤透了
Broke his mother’s heart.
-可怜的孩子 -回家吧 你这个小混♥蛋♥
Young wretch. Go home, you little brute.
我没有爸妈
I haven’t got any parents.
我是孤儿 我住在本顿维尔
I’m an orphan. I live in Pentonville.
噢 别听他的 这也敢说啊
Oh, only hear him, how he braves it out.
-什么 小奥立弗 -是真的
-What? Young Oliver. -It’s true.
回到你可怜的妈妈身边去
You come home to your poor mother.
他们不能管我 我不认识他们 救命啊 救命
I don’t belong to them! I don’t know them! Help! Help!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!