会成为了不起的大人物
…you’ll be the greatest man of the time.
非常感谢 先生
Thank you very much, sir.
漂亮的苹果 来看看漂亮的苹果
Lovely white apples. Get your lovely apples.
来啊 本市最大的卷心菜
Biggest cabbages in town. Come on.
你是说那个宽边的
You mean that one with the wide rim?
太贵了
Too expensive.
小偷 你的手帕 先生
Thief! Your handkerchief, sir.
拦住他 小偷
Stop, thief!
拦住他
Stop!
小偷
Thief!
-你是个贼 -抓住他
-You’re a thief! -Get him!
-抓住他 -抓住那个男孩
-Stop him! -Stop that boy!
小偷
Thief!
抓住他 小偷
Stop, thief!
小偷
Thief!
抓住他
Stop him!
抓住他
Stop him!
小心
Mind out.
抓住他
Stop, thief!
那边 在那边
There, over there.
那边
That way!
-抓住他 小偷 抓住他 -小偷
-Stop, thief! Stop! -Thief!
-你叫什么 -让他透口气
-What’s your name, boy? -Give him some air.
他吓死了
He’s scared to death.
-那位先生呢 -先生来了
-Where’s the gentleman? -Here’s the gentleman now.
-是这个孩子吗 -恐怕是的
-ls this the boy, sir? -Yes, I’m afraid it is.
回答得真妙啊”恐怕是的”
That’s a good one. Did you hear him, “afraid it is”?
-可怜的家伙 自己受伤了 -是的 是我♥干♥的 先生
-Poor fellow’s hurt himself. -Yeah, I did that, sir.
关节打到了他嘴上 可我拦下他了
Hurt me knuckle against his mouth. But I stopped him.
-起来 -不是我 先生 不是我
-Get up! -lt wasn’t me, sir. It wasn’t me.
当然不是 小偷都这么说
Of course it wasn’t. It never is.
-起来 -别伤了他
-Now get up. -Don’t hurt him.
不 先生 我不会的
Oh, no, sir, I won’t hurt him.
-下一个 -这是我的姓名和地址 先生
-What’s next? -That is my name and address, sir.
警官 这家伙是谁
Officer, who is this fellow?
-我叫布朗罗 -闭嘴
-My name is Brownlow. -Hold your tongue.
警官 这家伙犯了什么罪
Officer, what’s this fellow charged with?
哦 不 不是他 大人
Oh, no, no. He’s not charged, Your Worship.
他是来指控这个孩子的
He appears against the boy.
-让他发誓 -在我发誓之前
-Swear him. -Before I am sworn…
-我必须进上一言 -闭嘴 先生
-…I must beg to say one word. -Hold your tongue, sir.
-我不 先生 -即刻闭嘴
-I will not, sir! -Hold your tongue this instant.
你是个鲁莽无礼的家伙
You’re an insolent, impertinent fellow.
-你竟敢辱骂推事 -什么
-How dare you bully a magistrate. -What?
让他发誓 我不想听他废话了 让他发誓
Swear this person. I’ll not hear another word. Swear him.
“我郑重发誓 所言皆为事实 上帝作证”
“l do solemnly swear to tell the whole truth, so help me God.”
-你指控这孩子什么 -我正在书店
-What’s the charge against the boy? -I was at a bookstore when–
闭嘴 警♥察♥呢
Hold your tongue! Where’s the policeman?
警官 怎么回事情 有证人吗
Policeman, what is this? Are there any witnesses?
-没有 大人 -这孩子在生病
-None, Your Worship. -The boy is ill.
是的 恐怕如此
Oh, yes, I daresay.
过来 小乞丐 别在这里耍花样
Come along, you vagabond. None of your tricks here.
你叫什么
What’s your name?
你叫什么 你这个顽固的无赖
What’s your name, you hardened scoundrel?
-警官 他叫什么名字 -你叫什么 孩子
-Officer, what’s his name? -What’s your name, boy?
水 给我水
Some water. Some water.
他的名字叫萨姆·沃特斯 大人
He says his name is Sam Waters, Your Worship.
-你住哪儿 -你住哪儿
-Where does he live? -Where do you live?
-没固定的地方 大人 -废话
-Anywhere he can, Your Worship. -Stuff and nonsense.
别耍我
Don’t try to make a fool out of me.
不 我想他真的是病了 大人
No, I think he really is ill, Your Worship.
我比你清楚 否则我就不姓方
I know better, or my name’s not Fang.
站到旁边去 他在装死
Stand away, officer. He’s shamming.
即席判决他劳役三个月
He stands committed for three months.
退庭
Hard labor, of course. Clear the office.
别 别 别带走他
Stop. Stop, stop! Don’t take him away.
怎么回事 这人是谁 把他赶出去
What is this? Who is this? Turn this man out.
-退庭 -我不出去 我有话要说
-Clear the office. -I will not be turned out! I will speak!
我都看见了 我是书店老板
I saw it all. I own the bookshop.
-我要作证 -你有什么要说的
-I demand to be heard. -What have you got to say?
-不是那个孩子 -不是那个孩子 那是谁
-lt was not this boy. -Not this boy? Who was it, then?
在那位先生看书的时候 偷他东西的 是另外两个小孩
The robbery was committed by two others while the man was reading.
我看见了 看见这孩子都吓呆了
I saw it done. I saw that this boy was perfectly amazed by it.
你为什么不早来
Why didn’t you come before?
-没人帮我看铺子 -你说看书
-I hadn’t a soul to mind the shop. -Reading, you say?
那么说有书了
A book, I suppose.
是的 就攥在他手上呢
Yes, the very one he has in his hand.
天哪 我把这事给忘了
Oh, dear me, I forgot all about it.
好啊 你也是个好人啊
Well, you’re a nice one.
指控无辜的孩子
To prefer a charge against an innocent boy.
我猜你是在一种极为可疑
I consider, sir, that you’ve obtained that book…
极不光彩的情况下取得这本书的
…under very suspicious and disreputable circumstances.
-该死 -店主
-Damn me! -Bookseller…
你要指控他吗
…do you want to press charges against him?
-当然不 -好吧
-Certainly not. -Well…
你是不是觉得挺幸运的
…think yourself fortunate…
书的主人拒绝指控你
…that the owner of the book declines to prosecute.
对这孩子的指控取消
The boy is discharged.
-退庭 -岂有此理
-Clear the office. -Damn me.
退庭 退庭
Clear the office! Clear the office!
下一个案子
Next case.
来啊 走 先生 走起来 先生
Come on. Move along, sir, please. Just move along, sir.
真是位好心人 先生
There’s a good gentleman, sir.
等等 哈里 我帮你一把
Hold on, Harry. I’ll give you a hand.
小心脚下楼梯
Mind that step. Just mind that step there.
让一让路 先生
Make way for the law, sir.
-小心 小心点 -他看上去年纪很小
-Careful. Careful with him. -He seems very young too.
帮我叫辆马车
Call a coach, pray.
-好的 马上 先生 -抱歉
-Yeah, right away, sir. -I’m sorry.
可怜的孩子
Poor boy.
-小心 夫人 -谢谢你 先生
-Mind yourself, madam. -Thank you, sir.
-车来了 先生 -谢谢 警官
-Got one, sir. -Thank you, officer.
我来吧 先生
Let me, sir.
好了
There we go.
-能搭我一程吗 先生 -当然可以
-Will you drop me off, sir? -Of course.
好吧
All right.
请帮忙抬一下他的头 先生
If you could just take his head, sir.
-去哪儿 -本顿维尔
-Where to, sir? -Pentonville.
-本顿维尔 -是的
-Pentonville. -Yes.
回答我 他去哪儿了
Answer me! Where is he?
回答我 他去哪儿了
Answer me! Where is he?
那孩子怎么样了 说啊 要不我掐死你
What’s become of the boy? Speak out, or I’ll throttle you!
条子抓走了 放开我
The traps have got him! Let go of me, will you?!
大牛
Bullseye!
谁扔的 谁往我头上扔的
Who pitched this here at me? Who done it?
大牛 进来 你这鬼鬼祟祟的家伙
Bullseye. Come in, you sneaking warmint.
待在外面不进来干吗
What you stopping outside for?
趴下
Lay down.
怎么了 费金 又虐待这些孩子了
What you up to, Fagin? Ill-treating the boys again?
我奇怪他们怎么还没杀了你 如果换了是我 早动手了
A wonder they don’t murder you. I would, if I was them.
别这么大声 你似乎不高兴 比尔
Don’t speak so loud. You seem out of sorts, Bill.
给我杯喝的 小心别下毒药
Give us a drink. And mind you don’t poison it.
查理
Charley.
好东西 比尔
Good stuff, Bill.
机灵鬼
So, Dodger…
-这是唱的哪一出啊 -一个新来的孩子
-…what’s it all about? -A new boy.
正在跟我们学徒
Come out with us afore he was rightly up to it.
-被条子抓住了 -你看 比尔
-Got nabbed by the traps. -You see, Bill…
我担心他说出一些 把我们也搭进去的事情
…I’m afraid he may say something which will get us into trouble.
你要被告发了 费金
You were blowed upon, Fagin.