-你是新来的小子 -是的 先生
-You the new boy? -Yes, sir.
-你多大了 -10岁 先生
-How old are you? -Ten, sir.
我进来后要好好教训你一顿 救济院的小子
Then I’ll whop you one when I get in, you workhouse brat.
请问 先生 是您敲门的吗
I beg your pardon, sir. Did you knock?
是我踢的
I kicked.
您要买♥♥棺材吗 先生
Did you want a coffin, sir?
-我猜你不知道我是谁 -不知道 先生
-You don’t know who I am, I suppose. -No, sir.
我是诺亚·克雷波尔先生 你归我管
Well, I’m Mr. Noah Claypole. And you’re under me.
现在把窗板关上
Now, take down the shutters.
我从师♥傅♥的早餐里给你留了点熏肉
Saved a nice little bit of bacon for you from the master’s breakfast.
到角落去吃 动作快点
In the corner with you. And be quick about it.
他们等你看铺子呢 听到了吗
They’ll want you to mind the shop. Do you hear?
没听到吗 救济院的 到角落里去
Do you hear, Workhouse? In the corner.
老天啊 诺亚 别管这孩子了
Oh, Lord, Noah, let the boy alone.
别管他
Let him alone?
谁愿意管他了
Why, everybody’s let him alone.
他的爸爸 妈妈 所有的亲戚都不管他了
His mother, father and all his relations has let him alone.
所有他需要有人来管了
So he needs someone who don’t.
晚餐
Supper.
奥利弗 你还没做完吗
Oliver, ain’t you done yet?
我还从来没见过这么没用的孩子 到楼下去
I’ve never known such an idle boy. Get down them stairs.
苏尔伯雷先生
Mr. Sowerberry…
进晚餐了
…supper.
-我有个想法 亲爱的 -想法
-I’ve had a thought, my dear. -Had a thought?
那你要小心了 苏尔伯雷先生 你会得脑膜炎的
You want to be careful, Mr. Sowerberry, you’ll get brain fever.
-是关于小忒斯特的 -他怎么了
-It’s about young Twist. -What about him?
-一个很好看的孩子 -当然啦 他吃得可不少
-A very good-looking boy. -He will be. He eats enough.
他脸上有一种忧伤的表情 亲爱的
There’s an expression of melancholy in his face, my dear.
他能成为一个出色的送殡人 亲爱的
He would make a delightful mute, my love.
我–我不是说参加成人葬礼的 一般送殡人
I– I don’t mean a regular mute to attend grown-up funerals, my dear…
是儿童出殡的
…but only for children’s practice.
看看他
Look at him.
看看他
Look at him.
救济院的小鬼头 看啊
A workhouse boy and a sneak. Look at him.
记住我的话 他会被绞死的
Mark my words, I’ll see him hung.
不用多久
Can’t be too soon.
救济院的 你妈妈呢
Workhouse, how’s your mother?
她死了
She’s dead.
怎么死的
What’d she die of, Workhouse?
你要哭了吗 救济院的
You gonna cry, Workhouse?
-什么事让你哭的 -不是你
-What set you off? -Not you.
-不是我 -不是你
-Not me, eh? -No, not you.
你最好别说我妈妈的事
And you better not say anything about my mother.
最好
Better not?
你妈妈的事
About your mother?
我很抱歉 我很可怜你
Well, I’m very sorry, and I pity you very much.
但你必须知道 救济院的
But you must know, Workhouse…
你妈妈准不是个好东西
…your mother was a regular right-down bad one.
-你说什么 -你妈妈不是个好东西
-What did you say? -A regular right-down bad one.
她死得正是时候
It’s a good thing she died when she did…
不然的话 她准是在做苦工 或是被流放了
…or she’d be hard laboring or transported.
要么就是被绞死了 这个可能性最大 是吗 救济院的
Or hung. Which is most likely, isn’t it, Workhouse?
救命啊 夏洛特太太
Help, Mrs. Charlotte!
他要杀了我了 救命啊
He’ll murder me. Help!
救命 走开
Help. Get off!
老天啊 帮帮我
For God’s sake, help me!
太太 他要杀了我
My missus, he’s murdering me!
-走开 走开 -把他拉开 夏洛特
-Get off. Get off me now! -Get him, Charlotte.
把他拉到外面去 快
Get him now. Go out with him. Come on.
-救济院的魔鬼 -我要教训教训你
-Workhouse devil. -I’ll learn you!
-你这个小坏蛋 -把门打开 夏洛特
-You brat! -Get the door, Charlotte.
把他仍进去
In with him. In.
太凶残了 先生
Very violent indeed, sir.
太太说
And the missus said…
如果邦布尔先生能拨冗
…if Mr. Bumble can spare the time…
就可以来教训他了
…then Mr. Bumble’s to flog him…
因为师♥傅♥出去了
…because the master’s out.
-在这里面 -奥利弗
-ln there. -Oliver?
让我出去
Let me out of here!
-听到我说话吗 奥利弗 -听到了
-Do you know this here voice, Oliver? -Yes.
你不怕吗
Ain’t you afraid of it, sir?
听到我的说话 你不打颤吗
Ain’t you trembling while I speak, sir?

No!
-他准是疯了 -不是疯了 是肉
-He must be mad. -It’s not madness, ma’am, it’s meat.
-肉 -肉 太太 肉
-Meat? -Meat, ma’am, meat.
你给他吃得太多了
You’ve overfed him.
如果你一直给他喝粥的话 就不会有这种事情了
If you’d kept this boy on gruel, this would never have happened.
天哪 真是好心没好报
Dear, dear. This comes of being liberal.
到底是怎么回事情
What’s all this?
奥利弗·忒斯特突然发狂了 苏尔伯雷先生
Oliver Twist has turned violent, Mr. Sowerberry.
看他把我的眼睛打的 先生
Look what he’s done to my eye, sir.
你呀 你呀
Now then. Now then.
-你是个好孩子 不是吗 -他侮辱我的妈妈
-You’re a nice young fellow, ain’t you? -He called my mother names.
要是他死了怎么办 你这个忘恩负义的家伙
Well, and what if he did, you little ungrateful wretch!
她活该 报应还不够呢
She deserved what he said and worse.
-不是的 -是的
-She didn’t! -She did!
你说谎
It’s a lie!
别干站着了 苏尔伯雷先生 他说我扯谎呢
Do something, Mr. Sowerberry. He called me a liar.
别干站着了
Do something!
对不起 小姐
I beg your pardon, miss…
您能不能好心
…but would you be so kind–?
滚远点
Get off my land.
我不欢迎乞丐 滚
I don’t want no beggars here. Go on!
滚 要不我就放狗了
Get off! Or I’ll put the dog on you!
我没有多少 就这点也够救你的小命了
I haven’t much, but you’re more than welcome to it.
当心点 烫的
Be careful, it’s hot.
一看到你我的心就一抽
Seeing you gave me such a turn.
我眼睛不好使了 但
My eyes ain’t what they were. But…
我一时把你
…I just thought for a moment….
你这么小 怎么一个人出门
Why are you on the road at all, a little mite like you?
-你要去哪儿 -伦敦 夫人
-Where are you headed? -London, ma’am.
伦敦
London?
伦敦
London.
哦 天哪 天哪
Dear, oh, dear, oh, dear.
你好 小哥
Hello, my man.
你这是怎么了
And what’s your game?
你不住附近吧
You’re not from these parts?
打哪儿来的
Where you from, then?
我已经走了7天了
I’ve been walking. Seven days.
7天 啊
Seven days? Cor.
我猜你想吃东西吧
I expect you want grub?
保准你能吃到
And you shall have it.
我现在手头也有点紧
I’m at a low-water mark meself just at the moment…
但我会想办法的
…but I’ll fork out and stump.
来吧 站起来
Come on, up with you, on your pins.
这些不会再出来了吧
And these won’t get out again?
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
哦 顺便说一下
Oh, by the by…
我叫杰克·道金斯 大家都叫我机灵鬼
…my name is Jack Dawkins, better known as the Artful Dodger.
奥利弗·忒斯特
Oliver Twist.
你为什么叫机灵鬼
Why are you known as the Artful Dodger?
这就是原因
That’s why.
有住的地方吗
Got any lodgings?
钱呢
Money?
看来今晚你要找地方睡觉了 是吗
I suppose you want someplace to sleep tonight, don’t you?
蝾螈
Baby newt.
蝾螈 4便士一个
Buy a baby newt, 4 pennies.
你走这么远 不是铁嘴的命令吧
I expect you walking for so long was a beak’s order.
-铁嘴是什么 -你不知道铁嘴是什么
-What does that mean? -Don’t you know what a beak is?
-是鸟嘴吗 -啊 你还真是个雏儿
-A bird’s mouth, isn’t it? -Cor, you are green.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!