or I’ll put the finger on all of you, and I don’t care if I hang for it!
你算什么东西?你算老几?
Do you know who you are? And what you are?
不用你管
You don’t have to tell me.
– 你以为你是这孩子的好姐姐? – 我当然是
– A fine one for the boy to make a friend of. – Yes, I am,
天知道我是
God help me!
我真希望自己
And I wish I’d been struck down dead,
没帮你把他骗回来
before I laid a hand to bring him back here.
现在他已经被人当成骗子
From tonight he’s a liar
小偷
and a thief,
或其它什么
and all that’s bad.
你非要把他打死你才满意?
Ain’t that enough for you without beating him to death?
好了好了 赛克斯 有话好好说 好好说?
Come, come, Sikes. We must have civil words. Civil words.
噢 你值得我跟你好好说吗?
Oh, yes, you deserve them from me, don’t you?
我还没他大的时候 就开始帮你扒钱包
I thieved for you when I was half his age.
从那以后直到现在
And it’s your dirty work I’ve been doing ever since.
要不这样你怎么活下来?
Well, if you have, it’s a living, isn’t it?
就是 你总得求生存吧
He’s right, Nancy. A living is a living.
求生存 天知道
Some living! Lord help me!
求生存
Some living!
去睡觉去
Get to bed, all of you.
我说去睡觉去
Get to bed, I said!
这么吵吵闹闹 又叫又打的
All this violence, all these scenes, screams, dramas!
我问你 犯到着吗?
I’m asking you, is it necessary?
还没完呢 法金
Not yet, Fagin.
还没完
Not yet.
但是如果这个该死的臭小子 说了哪怕一个字出去
But if this godforsaken little good-for-nothing’s uttered one word,
一个字 你要知道…
one word, mind you…
如果他说了 那小混♥蛋♥
If he has, the little devil,
我们坐下来 有商有量 一起想个法子
we sit down, we talk it over, we think it out,
想个万全之策
we decide upon a proper course of safe action,
我们得冷静
we stay calm!
是吗?我们坐在这儿冷静
Do we? And while we’re sitting here
有商有量
thinking, and talking,
等着别人来揪住我们的领子?
and staying calm, our collars get felt, don’t they?
等着人家来说 请跟我走一趟
And it’s, Come along with me, if you please.
不 多谢你的建议了
No, thank you very much.
你以为我还像这些小孩一样 任由你摆布?
Look, you thought us into this little lot. You can think your way out of it.
从现在起 我说了算
But from now on, Bill Sikes takes the law into his own hands.
我说了算
These hands.
你有没有听过
Have you ever heard the sound,
鸡脖子被扭断的声音?
a chicken makes when they’re wringing off its neck?
我不能说…
Can’t say I ever had the…
那鸡会惨叫 法金
They squawks, Fagin.
会惨叫
They squawks.
那声音可不好听
Not a very pretty sound.
不 比尔
No, Bill.
然后 就死了
And then they dies, don’t they?
是的 比尔 我是说 我没见过
Yes, Bill. I mean, no, Bill.
有人说 那鸡在被宰前会有预感
Then they say some even start squawking before that event.
所以在被杀前就会叫
They get what you might call a premonition.
那么
Now, then,
你也会有
you wouldn’t be having no,
那种预感的 对不对?
premonition of that sort by any chance, would you?
不 比尔 我保证他不会泄漏半句
Not me, Bill. The lips are sealed.
很好
I’m glad.
因为所有人都得听我的
Because if anyone here should lead the law to me,
如果被我知道
and I gets to hear of it,
我就会
then it will be your neck.
扭断你的脖子
Your scraggy old neck.
好好想想吧 法金
You think about it, Fagin.
真是个粗暴的人 滑头 非常粗暴的人
A violent man, Dodger. A very violent man.
他发起火来 人人都要遭殃
When that man’s back is up, Dodger, no one is safe.
看着他 滑头
Look after him, Dodger.
我自身难保了
And I’ll look after meself.
一个人总得为自己想想 不是吗?
A man’s got a heart, hasn’t he?
言归正传
Joking apart, hasn’t he?
我是第一个说自己不是圣人的吗
And though I’d be the first one to say that! wasn’t a saint
事实上不并不像他们说的那么坏
I’m finding it hard To be really as black as they paint
我得考虑一下将来
I’m reviewing the situation
一个人总不能一辈子当恶棍
Can a fellow be a villain all his life?
经过那么多考验和磨难
All the trials and tribulation!
我最好安顿下来 找个老婆
Better settle down and get myself a wife.
一个为我煮饭缝衣
And the wife would cook and sew for me
以我为中心的老婆
And come for me, and go for me
但她会管东管西 唠唠叨叨
And go for me and nag at me
不把我放在眼里
The finger she would wag at me
拿走我的钱
The money she would take from me
让我成条可怜虫
A misery she’d make for me
还是想想其它法子
I think I’d better think it out again
讨个老婆在身边还不如一个人逍遥
A wife you can keep anyway I’d rather sleep anyway
我得离开这儿 重新开始
Left without anyone in the world And I’m starting from now
该怎样交些新朋友 谋点社会地会呢
So how to win friends and to influence people?
该怎样呢
So how?
我得考虑一下将来
I’m reviewing the situation
我得想想我都认识哪些
I must quickly look up everyone I know
有地位的人
Titled people with a station
让他们帮我铺铺路
Who can help me make a real impressive show!
我会有体面的衣服 坐体面的马车
I will own a suite at Claridge ‘5 And run a fleet of carriages
朝那些公爵夫人们挥手
And wave at all the duchesses With friendliness, as much as is
那才是我的新身份该做的 日安 长官
Befitting of my new estate Good morrow to you, Magistrate!
我想我还是想想其它法子
I think I’d better think it out again
我该去哪儿呢
So where shall I go?
去我认识的人那儿
Somebody!
我认识谁呢 谁也不认识
Who do I know? Nobody!
我认识的都是些恶棍小贼
All my dearest companions have always been villains and thieves
我真得重新开始
So, at my time of life I should start turning over new leaves?
我得考虑一下将来
I’m reviewing the situation
想吃饭就得去挣钱
If you want to eat, you’ve got to earn a bob
一个强盗去做正行 是不是很丢面子
Is it such a humiliation For a robber to perform an honest job?
如果我找份活干 那老板会是什么样子的呢
So ajob I’m getting, possibly I wonder who my boss’ll be?
他会喜欢我 分奖金给我吗
I wonder if he’ll take to me? What bonuses he’ll make to me?
现在开始从头来过 努力一定都会白废
I’ll start at 8:00 and finish late At normal rate and all, but wait!
我还是想想别的法子
I think I’d better think it out
我还是想想别的法子
I think I’d better think it out again!
我七十岁的时候会怎样呢
What happens when I’m 70?
我总会老到有七十岁的
Must come a time, 70
人老了会很凄凉
When you’re old and it’s cold
没有人会管你死活
And who cares if you live or you die?
唯一可以安慰的就是你 藏进来的私房♥钱
Your one consolation’s the money you may have put by
我得考虑一下将来
I’m reviewing the situation
以后也是 我是个坏家伙
I’m a bad ‘un and a bad ‘un I shall stay!
不会有什么改变的
You’ll be seeing no transformation
但我不是十恶不赦
But it’s wrong to be a rogue in every way
我不想伤害别人事
I don’t want nobody hurt for me
也不想让别人为我去干坏事
Or made to do the dirt for me
我也不想自甘坠落 我也是为生活所迫
This rotten life is not for me It’s getting far too hot for me
我没其它选择
There is no in-between for me
谁能帮我改变
But who will change the scene for me?
我也不想别人为我去干坏事
Don’t want no one to rob for me
但谁会为我找分正当活呢
But who will find a job for me?
我还是再想想其它法子
I think I’d better think it out again!
所以 主席先生
And so, sir, the instant,
我一收到你那封有关奥利弗的信
I received your communication regarding dear little Oliver,
就搭第一班车赶来了
I decided we must take the first coach to London.
– 是我的主意 – 啊 我亲爱的太太
– I decided. – That’s right, sir, my dear wife decided.
你们能赶来很好 你们知道那孩子的事吗?
It was good of you to come. Now, what have you got to tell me?
这条坠子是那孩子的母亲的
This locket, sir, once belonged to the boy’s mother.
她去世后我们发现的
Found by the wife after she passed away.
是那孩子的母亲的
The boy’s mother, that is, not my dear wife.
– 你们这么多年都自个留着这个? – 为什么不行?
– You’ve kept this all these years? – Why should I not?
难道你们不觉得这坠子