Did it not occur to you that this might provide the answer to the boy’s parentage?
关系到这孩子的出身 关系到他的姓氏?
His identity? His very name?
这孩子没有姓 她母亲没结婚
But he had no name, sir. The mother was unmarried.
你应该向上级呈递这个证据
It was your clear duty to show this evidence to some higher authority.
– 你们的行为真是可耻 – 你怎么敢这么跟我说话
– Your behavior, madam, was shameful! – How dare you speak to me so?
我只是想来这帮帮你
I only came here to help you.
你们来这儿无非是想捞点好处
You came here to profit from your own greed and dishonesty.
如果你觉得我太太不该拥有这坠子…
Sir, if you think the locket don’t properly belong to my dear wife…
– 闭嘴 你这蠢货 – 你的报酬
– Be quiet, you old fool! – Here. Your reward,
拿去
and something for the locket. Take it.
你该觉得庆幸没进监狱
Think yourselves lucky you’re not in the hands of the law.
– 请带他们出去 – 都是你
– Mrs. Bedwin, show these people out. – There’s gratitude for you!
我希望这个不幸的事件
And I hope this unfortunate little circumstance
不会影响我的官职
won’t deprive me of my parochial office?
我希望会
My hope, sir, is that it will.
但布朗洛先生
But it was all Mrs. Bumble, sir.
你要知道 我昨天才知道这儿事的
I knew nothing of it until yesterday.
别找借口了
That’s no excuse.
就法学角度而言 你比你妻子更罪过
In the eyes of the law, you are the more guilty of the two.
因为法律界定她是受你影响
For the law supposes that your wife acts under your direction.
如果法律是这样的 那真是笑话了
If that’s what the law supposes, sir, then the law’s an ass!
如果法律是这样的 那真是太幼稚了
If that’s the eye of the law, sir, then law is a bachelor!
法律得讲经验
And the worst I wish the law is that its eye may be opened by experience!
得讲经验 先生
By experience, sir!
先生 这坠子 我没看清楚
Sir, the locket, I didn’t really see it.
我一眼就认出它了
I recognized it at once.
我侄女十八岁生日时我送给她的
I gave it to my niece, Emily, on her 18th birthday.
所以她离家出走 不只是因为被人抛弃
So it wasn’t just her young man jilting her that made her run away?
是的
Yes.
她不得不离家 去孤儿院 在那儿生孩子
She must have made her way to that workhouse and had her baby there.
怎么回事?
What’s going on?
你干吗把这孩子带到这儿来?
Why have you brought the boy here?
因为他以后得和我一块干活
‘Cause he’s coming on a job with me.
为什么是他?
But why him?
因为我需要一个小帮手
Because I need a little one.
就是这样
That’s why.
他瘦瘦小小正合适
And he’s nice and thin.
他得陪我♥干♥这特别的活
And on this particular job, that’s what counts.
我一定得去吗?
Must I go?
你跟我出去的时候 敢乱讲话
One word out of you while you’re out with me
你就死定了
and you know what will happen.
你不能这样对他 求你了 别
Bill, you can’t do this to him. Please! You can’t!
– 我不会让你… – 我不跟你吵
– I won’t let you… – We’ll have no more of that.
你十一点去酒馆就行了
You just be at the tavern at 11:00.
牛眼
Bull’s-eye.
我来是为了奥利弗 你能跟布先生说…
I’ve come about Oliver. Look, could you tell Brownlow…
– 请进 布朗洛先生 – 别叫他来
– You better come inside. Mr. Brownlow! – No. Don’t call him.
– 我只想留个信… – 我一定想见你的
– I just want to leave a message… – But he’ll want to see you.
– 别 我不能留在这 – 先生 这个人说她想…
– Please! I can’t stay! – Sir, this person says that she wants to…
– 什么事? – 关于那孩子的
– Who is it? – It’s about the boy, sir.
– 有什么消息吗? – 他很危险
– Is there news of him? – He’s in danger. In bad company.
就在你派他去送书的那天 他被人带走了
He was dragged off the day you sent him out with them books.
– 谁把他带走的? – 我和另外一个人
– Who took him? – Me and someone else.
– 你强迫他跟你们走? – 是的
– You took him by force? – Yes!
我希望我没那么做
And God help me, I wish now I’d never been part of it.
他现在在哪儿?谁是另外一个人?
But where is he now? And who is this other person you speak of?
– 你能带我去找他吗? – 不 我不能
– Can you take me to him? – No, no, I can’t.
你也想帮帮那孩子 对吗?
You want to help the boy, don’t you? Why else are you here?
– 是 我想帮那孩子 可… – 那至少告诉我他在哪里
– Yes, I do want to help him, but… – Then tell me where he is!
我不能
I can’t!
但我会把孩子带来
But I’ll bring him to you.
不是带到这儿 这儿离得太远
Not here. It’s too far.
那在哪儿?
Where, then?
伦敦桥 今晚午夜
The bridge. London Bridge, tonight at midnight.
你得一个人来
But you’ve got to come alone.
你向我保证你只能一个人来
Promise you’ll come on your own!
你不信我 对不对?但你必需相信
You don’t trust me, do you? But you’ve got to.
– 我会去 – 感谢上帝 好了 我得走了
– I’ll be there. – Thank God. Now let me go.
等等 那孩子受伤了吗?被虐待了吗?
Wait! Is the boy hurt? Ill-treated?
– 如果是这样 我会… – 我不以能告诉你 求你了
– If so, I shall… – I can’t say no more. Please!
如果被他发现了 他会杀了我的
He’ll kill me as it is if he finds out.
– 他是谁? – 不 我不会告诉你的
– Who is this man? – No, I won’t tell you!
不管怎样 我都不会背叛他
Whatever else I do, I won’t turn on him.
你不会明白的
You wouldn’t understand.
我走了
I’ve got to go back.
我必需回去
Iwant to go back.
– 你保证会来? – 十二点
– Promise you’ll come? – At 12:00.
好了 你给我记住 小可怜
Now, you remember, you little worm.
把前门开开
The front door.
那儿
There.
快点
Hurry!
看看上面
Look above you.
是谁?谁在那儿?
Who is it? Who’s there?
鲁弗斯 德来根 下来 抓住他
Rufus! Jenkins! Come on down. Seize him!
抓住他 好狗儿
Seize him! Seize him! Good dogs!
干吗这么担心 他总会来的
Why worry, my dear? He always turns up!
也许他已把奥利弗带回我的地方了
Maybe he’s taken Oliver back to my place.
– 他说了他直接来这儿 – 那他一定会来
– He said he was coming straight here. – Then that is what he will do!
– 还顺利吗 比尔? – 不 法金
– Everything all right, Bill? – No, it’s not, Fagin.
这臭小子把事情搞砸了 我是一路逃回来的
The little brat woke them up. We had to run for it.
有人看见吗?
Anybody see you?
没有
No.
我让这孩子睡觉去 我一会回来
I’ll just take the boy and put him to bed. I’ll be back.
等等
oi.
让他呆这儿
Put him back.
牛眼
Bull’s-eye.
牛眼?
Bull’s-eye?
牛眼 看着他 去 看这他
Bull’s-eye, watch him, will you? Go on, watch him!
坐下
Sit.
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 就是这样
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! That’s how it goes
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 每个人都知道
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! Everyone knows
他们只想他们该想的
They all suppose what they want to suppose
当他们听到 呜呜呜
When they hear oom-pah-pah!
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 就是这样
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! That’s how it goes
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 每个人都知道
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! Everyone knows
他们只想他们该想的
They all suppose what they want to suppose
当他们听到 呜呜呜
When they hear oom-pah-pah!
呜呜呜 呜呜呜
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah!
他们唱着小调
There’s a little ditty They’re singing in the city
特别是喝酒的时候
Especially when they’ve been On the gin or the beer
如果你有耐心 你的想象力
If you got the patience Your own imaginations
会让你听到你想听到的
Will tell you just exactly what you want to hear
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 就是这样
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! That’s how it goes
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 每个人都知道
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! Everyone knows
他们只想他们该想的
They all suppose what they want to suppose
当他听到 呜呜呜
When they hear oom-pah-pah!
珀西先生总是 戴单只眼镜
Mr. Percy Snod grass Would often have the odd glass
但有人看着时他就不戴
But never when he thought anybody could see
他总是偷偷地喝酒
Secretly he’d buy it And drink it on the quiet
他总梦想能成为伯爵 有女子可以左拥右抱
And dream he was an earl With an girl on each knee
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 就是这样
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! That’s how it goes
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 每个人都知道
Oom-pah-pah! Oom-pah-pah! Everyone knows
是什么使得他油光光的鼻子那么红
What is the cause of his red shiny nose?
也许是 呜呜呜
Could it be oom-pah-pah?
是什么使得他油光光的鼻子那么红
What is the cause of his red shiny nose?
也许是 呜呜呜
Could it be oom-pah-pah?
漂亮的小莎莉 沿着街走
Pretty little Sally Goes walking down the alley
见到每个男子都行曲膝礼
Displays her pretty ankles for all of the men
他们可以看她的吊带袜 当然不是免费看
They can see her garters But not for free and gratis
一寸两寸 她知道什么时候说
An inch or two, and then She knows when to say when!
呜呜呜 呜呜呜 就是这样