一个喝醉的矿工
Missing part of his left ear from
开枪打掉他一块耳朵
a drunk miner taking a potshot at him.
我听说是个喝醉的妓♥女♥ – 噢 是吗?
I heard it was a drunk whore. – Oh, you did?
你住在斯特斯普陵的哪个地方?
Which part of Baxter Springs you live in?
一家旅馆 在格兰特驿站附近
A boarding house. Out near Grant’s stage station.
女店主叫什么名字?
What was the landlady’s name?
她不是淑女
She weren’t no lady.
她叫汉娜 是个讨厌的老太婆
She a nasty ol’ cuss named Hannah.
你见过乔治·克鲁克吗?
You ever run into a George crook?
你是说乔治将军?
You mean general George?
这混♥蛋♥毕生致力于
Sumbitch dedicated his life
把印第安人赶出该地区
to driving the caddo out of the territory.
你到底是怎么来到斯特斯普陵的?
How in the hell did you end up in Baxter Springs?
就像其他梦想着
Well, like every other fool
轻松挖矿发财的傻瓜一样
dreaming of easy riches and digging for tin.
直到我意识到根本是做梦
Till I realized there weren’t none.
只不过是一堆关于烟山河矿区的传说
Just a bunch of ghost stories about a mine near smokey hill river.
然后我… 我破产了 工作很难找
Then I… I was broke. Work was hard to come by.
我很幸运大♥比♥尔喜欢我
I’m lucky big bill took a liking to me.
否则我… 我不知道我会怎么样
Otherwise I… I don’t know what would have come of me.
很抱歉 我之前袭击了你儿子
I… I’m sorry I jumped your boy before.
我在一个陌生的地方醒来 不知道他是谁…
I woke up in a strange place, didn’t know who he was…
我以为在某个藏身处被扣为人♥质♥
I was being held hostage in some hideout.
你觉得这像个藏身处吗?
This look like a hideout to you?
我无意中听到他之前说的话
I overheard what he said earlier.
他不是那个意思
He didn’t mean any of that.
对 他不是那意思
Yes, he did.
我解开你一只手 别让我再绑起来
I’ll give you one hand free. Don’t make me take it off.
好吧
All right.
好吧
All right.
你父亲也是农民吗?
Was farming what your daddy did?
我爸爸在我3岁时就死了 在堪萨斯州
My daddy died when I was 3, up in Kansas.
除了种地 他几乎什么都做
And he did near everything but work the land.
我15岁时成了孤儿
I was orphaned at 15.
比我成为孤儿的时间少了13年
That’s 13 years longer than I knew my folks.
啊 你在哪里长大的?
Ah. Whereabouts you grow up?
新墨西哥州
New Mexico.
哪个地方? – 萨姆纳堡
Which part? – Fort Sumner.
土生土长 听说过那里吗?
Born and raised. You heard of it?
比利小子被杀的地方 是吗?
Where Billy the kid was shot, wasn’t it?
那里就是因此闻名的
Main reason anyone know it.
事情发生当晚我就在那里
I was there the night it happened.
情况怎样?
How’s that?
我当时只是个孩子
I was just a boy.
我曾经为一个叫
I used to make what money I could
彼得·麦克斯韦的人做零工努力挣钱
doing chores for a fella by the name of Peter Maxwell.
彼得·麦克斯韦安排比利过夜
Same Peter Maxwell put the kid up for the night.
他同时也给加勒特及他的副手
Same Peter Maxwell tipped off Garrett
波和麦金尼通风报信说
and his deputies, poe and mckinney,
比利小子躲在那里
the kid was holed up there.
我正在打扫马厩
I was sweeping the stalls.
当我看到加勒特走进房♥子时 我…
When I saw Garrett walk in the house, I…
我脑子里一片空白
I don’t think nothing of it.
但比利不在里面 至少那时不在
But Billy wasn’t in there. Not then, leastways.
知道我怎么知道? – 怎么?
Know how I know? – How?
在离我不到20呎的地方
He was barefoot in his shin sleeves,
他正赤脚挽起袖子
cutting the meat off a deer carcass
在鹿的身上切下肉
not 20 feet from where I was working.
我看见他从谷仓门往里偷看
I saw him peer through the barn door,
他看到了波和麦金尼在门廊上
and he saw poe and mckinney on the porch there.
他停止切肉 直视我的眼睛
He stopped carving, looked me dead in my eye.
他说 “低下头 你会没事的”
He said, “keep your head down, you’ll be all right.”
比利冲进麦克斯韦的房♥间
So Billy went straight to Maxwell’s room,
他很快意识到不只是麦克斯韦在里面
realized pretty quick it ain’t just Maxwell in there.
他喊道 “是谁? 是谁?”
He called out, “¿quien es? ¿quien es?”
因为比利的西班牙语说得和墨西哥人一样好
‘Cause Billy spoke Spanish as good as a Mexican.
怎么回应的?
Pat’s answer?
开了两枪 一枪打偏 另一枪打中胸部
Two shots. One wide of the Mark, and the other one in the chest.
这就是比利小子的结局
That was the end of Billy the kid.
你都看到了
And you seen it all.
我确实看到了
I most certainly did.
也看到比利的尸体被拖走
Saw the kid’s body get hauled off too,
裹在血淋淋的被单里
wrapped in a bloody sheet.
这让我意识到这不是我的生活
Enough to teach me that ain’t no life for me.
我宁愿停止这种疯狂行为也不想陷入其中
I’d rather stop this crazy than be part of it anyway.
好吧…
Well…
该死
Damn.
如果我知道一个好故事足以让你放我走
If I knew all it took was a good story for you to cut me loose.
你现在能坐稳马鞍吗?
You well enough to stay upright in the saddle?
应该可以 – 我要你离开这里
Not hardly. – I want you out of here.
我想等到黎明走不是个好选择?
I suppose waiting till sunup ain’t an option?
如果我一个人在这里 就不同了
If I was alone out here, it’d be different.
那么 我想我准备好了
Well, then, I guess I’m ready.
好的
Good.
拿去
Take it.
我去拿你的包
I’ll fetch your loot.
爸爸? – 怀亚特 蹲下
Pa? – Wyatt! Get down!
我想我没事
I-I think I’m all right.
他中枪了吗?
Is… is he hit?
他只是昏过去了 给我枪
He just passed out. Give me that.
我用枪比你想象的好
I’m better with it than you think.
除非我教你正确的方法
Not until I teach you proper.
我自学过了 – 嘘
I’ve taught myself – shush.
你们到哪里去了?
Now, where’d you get to?
他在房♥子下面 – 嘘
He’s under the house. – Shh.
我希望你知道如何用这个
I hope you got good enough with this.
上帝不希望发生这种事 但开枪射人
God forbid it happens, but shooting a man
与射击靶子不同…
is different than hitting a target…
一旦越线就回不来了
A line you can’t cross back over.
我懂
I know that.
在你做过之前 你不会懂
You couldn’t until you’ve done it.
如果他进来…
If he comes in here…
你就扣动扳机
You pull that trigger.
瞄准胸部
Aim for the chest.
并连续开火直到击中
And keep firing until you hit it.
你要去哪里?
Where you going?
狗♥杂♥种♥
Son of a bitch!
混♥蛋♥
Cocksucker!
妈的
Fuck.
该死
Shit.
其他人呢? 他们在附近吗?
Where’s the others? They close?
去死吧
Go to hell.
这种方式我见得太多
I’ve been here too often to let
你这种人岂能瞒过我
a man of your caliber overhaul my baggage.
回答我 否则你现在就完蛋
Answer me, or it ends for you right now.
去死吧 你这混♥蛋♥
Go to hell, you bastard.
他想杀了我们两个
He was fixin’ to kill us both.
我看见了
I saw.
他可能只是来侦查 然后想一人搞定
Probably here to watch and got greedy.
其他人会来的
The others will be coming.
首先 我们得把尸体处理掉
First thing, we gotta get rid of this body.
我们要怎么做?
How we gonna do that?
你不用来
We ain’t.
我知道这感觉不好
I know it don’t feel like it.
你很幸运只是擦伤
You’re lucky it just grazed ya.
如果你知道我找到了那把枪
If you know I found that gun,
你就知道我看到了壁橱后面的东西
you know I saw what’s in the back of that closet.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我就是我
I’m who I am.
你不是一直在说要诚实吗?
Aren’t you always preaching about being honest?