-你懂英语吗?——我吗?我几乎不读español。
– You read English? – Me? I almost no read español.
我去了两年……哦,那本书。
I went two years to… Oh, that book.
那个老外国佬给我的。
The old gringo gave it to me.
他没有给我,我们做了一个真心话。一个贸易。
He didn’t give it to me, we made a trueque. A trade.
是他写的,你知道吗?
And he wrote it, you know?
嘿,你想看看吗?
Hey, you want to read it?
我读过它。我读过他所有的故事。
I’ve read it. I’ve read all his stories.
我们在一起这么久,我都不知道他是谁。
All this time we’ve been together, I didn’t know who he was.
他在华盛顿。
He was in Washington.
我从没见过他的脸。我不知道是同一个人。
I never saw his face. I didn’t know it was the same man.
我离开,托马斯。
I’m leaving, Tomas.
你不会说再见吗?
Won’t you say goodbye?
我们早就该离开这该死的庄园了。
We should have left this damned hacienda long ago.
别♥墅♥的期待我们!
Villa’s expecting us!
他要带走托雷翁而你和你的证件在这里!
He’s going to take Torreon and here you are with your papers!
他需要我们,托马斯!
He needs us, Tomas!
看,托马斯……革命将继续… …除非我们搬家。
Look, Tomas… … the Revolution will live… …only if we move.
如果我们停止,它就会死!
If we stop, it dies!
没有我的命令谁也不许动。
Nobody moves without my order.
那你一定要杀了我。
You must shoot me then.
杀我,托马斯。
Kill me, Tomas.
因为如果你不这么做,我就要带走你的军队。
Because if you don’t, I’m taking your army with me.
为什么?
Why?
你为什么不杀了我?
Why didn’t you kill me?
你爱那匹马!
You loved that horse!
这大庄园……快把你逼疯了!
This hacienda… … is driving you crazy!
你为什么不杀了我?
Why didn’t you kill me?
我开始喜欢上你了,将军。
I was beginning to grow fond of you, general.
你太像我了。
You’re too much like me.
你有能力为语言而战… …写在纸上。
You’re capable of fighting for words… …written on pieces of paper.
你有能力杀死… …为骄傲。
You are capable of killing… …for pride.
这些文件毫无意义!
These papers are meaningless!
在那里。
There.
这是完成了。
It’s done.
现在你可以走了。
Now you can leave.
这些文件毫无意义。
These papers are meaningless.
带你的将军离开这里。
Take your general away from this place.
这些论文……毫无意义!
These papers… …mean nothing!
把他赶出这个庄园!
Get him out of this hacienda!
还没有。
Not yet.
还没有。
Not yet.
我知道你是谁。
I know who you are.
我是桑德斯领事。他在奇瓦瓦代表美国。
This is Consul Saunders. He represents the U.S. Here in Chihuahua.
请坐。
Have a seat, please.
告诉我,我能帮你什么忙吗?
Now tell me, how may I help you?
我是哈里特·温斯洛。
I am Harriet Winslow.
我来报告一名美国公民被杀。
I’ve come to report that a United States citizen has been killed.
请告诉我,女士… …这是什么时候发生的?
Please tell me, ma’am… … when did this happen?
昨天。
Yesterday.
它是发生在昨天一样。
It happened yesterday.
他们打了一架,他被打死了。
There was a fight and he was killed.
他浑身颤抖。
His whole body quivered.
你能告诉我们名字… …吗在那场打斗中死去的人吗?
Could you please give us the name… … of the person who died during that fight?
我得向维拉将军提出这个问题。
I’ll have to raise this matter with General Villa.
我必须知道这个名字。
And I must have the name.
他对我说:
He said to me:
“我想再次拥抱我的女儿。”
“I’d like to embrace my daughter again.”
我说过有。
And I said there is…
...阿灵顿的空坟等着他。
…an empty grave at Arlington waiting for him.
在等我父亲。
Waiting for my father.
你父亲在墨西哥打仗吗?
Your father was fighting here in Mexico?
我要他的身体。我想把他的尸体送到他该去的地方。
I want his body. I want to bring his body where it belongs.
温斯洛小姐,我们必须…请告诉我们名字。
Miss Winslow, we must… Please, give us the name.
哈里森·温斯洛船长。
Captain Harrison Winslow.
那是我父亲的名字。
That was my father’s name.
它甚至可以给威尔逊总统一个干涉的借口… …如果我把尸体原配给他
It could even give President Wilson an excuse to intervene… …if I give him the corpse as is.
你看,托马斯,我无法准备进攻托雷翁… …因为他背上有一具满是洞的尸体而惹上了外国佬的麻烦。
You see, Tomas, I can’t prepare to attack the city of Torreon… … with trouble with gringos because of a corpse full of holes in his back.
他到底是谁?
Who was he, anyway?
一个寻死的疯老头。
A crazy old man looking for death.
但他很勇敢。
But he was brave.
海±orita温斯洛……我是维拉将军。
Señorita Winslow… … I am General Villa.
所以你大老远跑来认领一具尸体。
So you came all the way here to claim a dead body.
是的,将军。
Yes, general.
每次有外国记者问我:
You know, every time a foreign journalist asks me:
“你们为什么要反对这场革命?”
“Why are you fighting this Revolution?”
我回答,“所以他们不需要征求任何人的许可… …也不会再有军队了。”
I answer, “So they don’t have to ask permission from anyone… …or have an army anymore.”
一切结束后,我们就可以回家了,我会第一个离开。
When it is over, we can go home, and I’ll be the first to go.
那将是制♥服♥和战争的终结… …还有所有这些死亡
That’ll be the end of uniforms and battles… …and all this death.
但是会发生什么呢… …如果我们都呆在家里?
But what would happen… … if we all stayed home?
你知道我像爱儿子一样爱你,托马西托,对吧?
You know I love you like a son, Tomasito, don’t you?
但你应该跑过来的时候树立了一个坏榜样。
But you set a bad example when you should have come running here.
现在我们有了这个身体。
Now we have this body.
这是… …的主体部分哈里森·温斯洛船长?
And this is the body of… … Captain Harrison Winslow?
是的。
Yes.
什么?
What?
让这位女士说。
Let the lady speak.
这个人为我们的革命英勇作战… …与一般的阿罗约。
This man fought courageously for our Revolution… …alongside General Arroyo.
但他和阿罗约将军一样不服从命令。
But he disobeyed orders as General Arroyo did himself.
所以他活该被枪毙。
So he deserved to be shot.
但不是在后面。
But not in the back.
你的父亲……你说过他是你父亲?
Your father… You did say he was your father?
是的。
Yes.
我们在这里写上… …你见证了… …两个死刑。
We put here… … that you witnessed… …both executions.
请在这张纸上签名… …一切都会井然有序的。
If you please sign the paper… … everything will be in order.
签字。
Sign it.
谢谢你,温斯洛小姐。
Thank you, Miss Winslow.
这都怪我。
I am to blame.
不,我违抗了命令。
No, I have disobeyed orders.
就好像我被遗弃了一样。
It is as if I had deserted.
你时间不多了,托马西托。
You don’t have much time, Tomasito.
-你为什么说他是你父亲?-我撒谎了… …因为我得认领他的尸体。
– Why do you say he is your father? – I lied… …because I had to claim his body.
我不能把他丢在沙漠里没人为他哀悼。
I couldn’t leave him in the desert with no one to mourn him.
我不想让你死。
I don’t want you to die.
我不想让你看到我死。
I don’t want you to see me die.
你会忘记。
You will forget.
你会告诉你的孙子你看到人们在革命中死去… …但你会忘记我们为什么战斗!
You’ll tell your grandchildren you saw people die in the Revolution… …but you will forget why we have fought!
你会告诉他们你曾经吃过玉米饼… …但你会忘记它的味道。
You will tell them you once ate tortillas… …but you will forget the smell.
你会忘记。
You will forget.
我永远不会忘记你。
I shall never forget you.
从来没有。
Never.
你让我相信我可以过另一种生活。
You made me believe I could live a different kind of life.
我再也回不到从前了。
And I will never be the same.
我们要杀了最后一个米兰达。
We’re going to kill the last Miranda.
我们真是天生一对,亲爱的。
We make a good couple, viejo.
嘿,温斯洛小姐!这是一幅移♥动♥的画!
Hey, Miss Winslow! This is a moving picture!
你来南方找你父亲是真的吗?
Is it true you came south in search of your father?
你愿意向元老院证明这里野蛮横行吗?
And would you testify to the Senate as to the savagery rampant here?
你相信他们会实现民♥主♥吗?
Do you believe they’ll achieve democracy?
你不认为美国应该干预吗?
Don’t you think the U.S. Should intervene?
他说我会忘记的。
He told me I would forget.
但我怎么会不记得呢?
But how could I not remember?
想要改变世界的年轻将军… …想要告别的老作家。
The young general who wanted to change the world… … the old writer who wanted to bid it farewell.
我才是那个能活着记住他们俩的人。
I am the one who will live to remember them both.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!