放开我 -嘘 嘘
Let go! – Sssh! Sssh!
(尖叫声) -嘿 不
(screams) – Hey, no.
嘿 你别这样
Hey, don’t do none of that.
求你了 别叫了
Please, don’t you go yelling.
不要 你不要叫了
Don’t! Don’t you go yelling.
不要 不要
Don’t! Don’t!
别叫 别这样
Don’t yell! Don’t do that!
如果你叫乔治会生我气的
George is gonna be mad if you yell.
没想伤害你的 但你差点害我惹上麻烦
Don’t wanna hurt you, but you’re gonna get me in trouble.
你做了件坏事
You done a bad thing.
我做了件坏事
I done a bad thing.
我真是做了件坏事
I done a really bad thing.
蓝尼 蓝尼
Lennie! Lennie!
蓝尼 我有东西给你看
Lennie, I got something here to show you.
我不知道你在这里
I didn’t know you was out here.
你不该在这儿睡觉的
You oughtn’t to sleep out here.
老天
Jesus Christ.
嘿
Hey!
该死
Damn.
现在你打算怎么做 乔治
What are we gonna do now, George?
我们该告诉大伙儿 -不 不
We oughta tell the guys. – No, no.
我们应该让他逃走
We oughta let him get away.
你不了解科里
You don’t know that Curley.
科里会杀了他的
Curley’s gonna wanna get him lynched.
我不会让他伤害蓝尼
I ain’t gonna let him hurt Lennie.
好吧 那么 听着 大伙儿会以为我也干了
All right, now, listen. The guys might think I was in on it.
所以我先去工棚 你等一分钟
So I’m gonna go in the bunkhouse, and then you give me a minute,
然后你出来 告诉大伙儿她的事
then you come out and tell the guys about her,
然后我过来 装作刚刚没有看到她 可以吗
and then I’ll come along and make like I never seen her. Will you do that?
当然 乔治
Sure, George.
斯利姆 斯利姆
Slim! Slim!
科里的老婆出事了
Something happened to Curley’s wife.
快来 快来 快
Come quick. Come quick. Come on.
快 快点 快
Come on, come on, come on!
到底怎么了 坎迪 -我们去看看
What the hell’s going on, Candy? – Let’s go see.
快来
Come on.
快点
Move it.
(轻声) 她不动了
(man whispers) She ain’t moving.
我知道是谁干的了 是那个该死的家伙干的
I know who done it. That little son of a bitch done it.
我要抓住他
I’m gonna get him.
我去拿我的枪来 亲手杀了那个该死的家伙
I’m gonna get my rifle and I’m gonna kill that son of a bitch myself.
我去拿我的枪 -我跟你一块去
I’ll get my gun. – I’ll go with you.
汤姆 我们去牵马
Tom, let’s get the horses.
我想是蓝尼干的 好吧 她
I guess Lennie done it, all right. Her…
她的脖子被掐到了
Her neck’s bust.
蓝尼会那样做吗
Lennie could’ve done that?
好吧 我想我们要抓到他 -你可以把他带回来
Well, I guess we gotta get him. – Couldn’t you bring him in…
把他锁起来吗
and… and lock him up?
他是个傻子 他并不是有意的
He’s nuts. He never done this to be mean.
如果我们能制住科里 或许可以
If we could keep Curley in, we might.
但科里想要杀掉他
But Curley’s gonna wanna shoot him.
即使他们把他捆起来锁上 放到笼子里
And suppose they lock him up and strap him down and put him in a cage?
那也不好 乔治
That ain’t no good, George.
快点 伙计们 快行动起来吧
Come on, men. Let’s get a move on it.
那个王八蛋偷了我的枪 在工棚里找不到了
That bastard stole my gun. It ain’t in my bunk.
黑鬼有一把猎枪 拿他的
Nigger’s got a shotgun. Take his.
科里 或许你最好跟你老婆呆在这
Curley, maybe you’d better stay here with your wife.
噢 不 该死的
Oh, no, goddamnit.
我要亲手杀了那个王八蛋
I’m gonna kill the son of a bitch myself.
(科里) 快点 我们走
(Curley) Come on, let’s move!
(斯利姆) 惠特 迈克 卡尔森 你们跟我一块
(Slim) Whitt, Mike, Carlson, you fellas ride with me.
(科里) 如果有人找到他 抓住他等我到 因为我要亲手宰了他
(Curley) Anybody finds him, hold him till I get there cos I want the first crack at him.
斯利姆 带你的人去南边 我带我的人去北面
Slim! Take your men south. I’m gonna take my men north.
放开它们 快 动起来
Let ’em go. Come on, move out!
快
Move it.
快点 我们走
Come on, let’s go.
你打算怎么做 乔治
What you gonna do? George?
在他们之前找到蓝尼 -你要帮他逃走吗
Find Lennie before they get to him. – Are you gonna help him get away?
不知道 我不知道我会怎么做
I don’t know. I don’t know what I’m gonna do.
蓝尼
Lennie.
蓝尼
Lennie!
蓝尼
Lennie!
乔治
George.
乔治 我没 我没有忘记 乔治
George, I didn’t… I didn’t forget, George.
我 我记不起来在哪了 但我没有忘记
I didn’t… I didn’t remember where we was, but I didn’t forget.
我只是 我只是找不到那个地方了 -没关系
I just… I couldn’t find it. – It’s OK.
我找不到那个地方了 -没关系
I couldn’t find it. – It’s OK.
没关系
OK?
我没有忘记你告诉我的
I didn’t forget what you told me.
没关系
It’s OK.
没关系
It’s OK.
乔治
George?
嗯
Yeah?
你会骂我吗
Ain’t ya gonna give me hell?
就像 像你以前那样
Like… like you done before?
像 “如果没有你 我可以领到我的50块钱 然后去窑子”
Like ”If I didn’t have you, I’d take my 50 bucks, go into a cathouse…”
老天 蓝尼
Jesus Christ, Lennie.
你记不起发生了什么事
You can’t remember nothing that happens,
却能记住我说的每句话
but you remember every word I say.
我以为你生我的气了 乔治
I thought you was mad at me, George.
不
No.
我没有生气
I ain’t mad.
我不会生气的
I ain’t never been mad.
你不会离开我的 乔治 我知道你不会
You ain’t gonna leave me, George. I know you ain’t.
是的
Nope.
乔治 我 我做了件坏事
George, I done… I done a bad thing.
没关系
It don’t make no difference.
乔治
George…
乔治 我们该怎么办
George, where are we gonna go now?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
我 我喜欢这里
I… I like it here.
乔治 像你以前那样再说说
George, tell me like you done before.
关于其他人和我们的事
About them other guys and about us.
乔治 像你以前那样再说说
George, tell it like you done before.
好吧
OK.
好吧
OK.
你可以看到那边吗 嗯 听我说
You look over there. OK? I’ll tell ya.
你差不多可以看到 对吗
So you can almost see it. OK?
哪里 -就是那边
Where? – Over there.
可以吗 就是那边 -是的
OK? Over there. – OK.
像我们一样的人 他们没有家
Guys like us, they got no family.
没有人在乎他们的死活
They ain’t got nobody who gives a hoot in hell about ’em.
但不是我们 乔治 是的 乔治 那不是我们
But not us, George. That’s it, George. But not us.
说说我们的事
Tell about us now.
不是我们 -因为
Not us. – Because…
因为有你跟我一起 -有你跟我一起 乔治
Cos I got you. – And I got you, George.
这样我们就有关心自己的人了
That’s what gives a hoot in hell about us.
乔治 可是说说以后会怎么样吧
George, but tell now how it’s gonna be.
我们会有一块小地方
We’re gonna get a little place.
嗯 是的 我们会有一块小地方 而且我们会
OK. Yeah. We’re gonna get a little place and we’re gonna…
我们会 – 养
We’re gonna… – ..have…
我们会养一头牛和几只猪 可能还会养一只鸡
We’re gonna have a cow, and some pigs, and we’re gonna have maybe a chicken.
在房♥子周围 我们会为兔子 弄一块苜蓿地
Down in the flat, we’ll have a… – Field of alfalfa for the rabbits.
为兔子 -然后我来养兔子
For the rabbits… – And I get to tend the rabbits.