你不让这个大个子说话 是吗
And you won’t let the big guy talk, is that it?
我们才刚进来
We just come in.
嗯 好 下次问你的时候你再回答
Yeah, well, next time you answer when you’re spoken to.
说 这是什么情况 蓝尼什么都没做
Say, what the hell…? Lennie didn’t do nothing to him.
那是老板的儿子 科里很擅长用他的拳头
That’s the boss’s son. Curley’s pretty handy with his fists.
他参加了很多拳击比赛 -他有什么跟蓝尼过不去的
Done a lot of fighting in the ring. – What’s he got against Lennie?
好 我来告诉你
Well, I’ll tell you what.
科里跟很多身材小的家伙一样
Curley’s like a lot of little guys.
他厌恶大个子 可以说因为他很矮他才生蓝尼气的
Hates big guys. Kinda like he’s mad at ’em cos he ain’t a big guy.
好吧 好吧 嗯 他最好不要错怪蓝尼
Yeah, yeah. Well, he better make no mistake about Lennie.
蓝尼可不是好惹的 如果他惹到蓝尼科里可能会伤到自己
Lennie ain’t handy. This Curley’s gonna get hurt if he messes around with Lennie.
嗯 是的
Yeah, well.
嘿 来这里 我给你们看样东西 来吧
Hey, come here. I wanna show you something. Come on.
来吧 孩子们 来这 来这里 我给你们看样东西
Come on, boy. Come here, come here. I wanna show you something.
你们看到他左手上的手套了吗 -是的
You see that glove on his left hand? – Yeah.
嗯 那只手套上涂满了凡士林 -那TM是用来干嘛的
Well, that glove’s full of Vaseline. – What the hell for?
科里说他会为他的妻子保持那只手的柔软
Curley says he’s keeping that hand soft for his wife.
这真是极好的
That’s a real nice thing to tell around.
来吧 孩子们 来啊
Come on, boy. Come on.
蓝尼
Lennie.
看 看到那个家伙了吗 -是的
Look. See that guy? – Yeah.
刚刚在这的家伙 -就是他
The one that was just in here? – Yeah.
他觉得他吓到你了 他一有机会就找你麻烦的
He figures he got you scared. He’s gonna take a sock at you first chance he gets.
乔治 我不想惹麻烦 别让他找我麻烦
George, I don’t want no trouble. Don’t let him sock at me.
试着离他远点 好吗
Just try to keep away from him, will ya?
如果他下次来工棚 你就去房♥间的另一边
If he comes in the bunkhouse again, move to the other side of the room.
乔治 乔治 你没有生我气 对吗
George… George, you ain’t mad at me, are you?
不 我不生气 试着离科里远一点 不要让他逮到机会
No, I ain’t mad. Just try to keep away from Curley. Don’t let him pull you in.
好的 乔治 我一句话都不会说的
Sure. George, I wasn’t gonna say a word.
如果你惹到麻烦 你要记住我告诉过你的
You get in any trouble, you remember what I told you.
如果我惹上麻烦 我就不能照顾兔子了
If I get in any trouble, I don’t get to tend them rabbits.
不 我不是这个意思
No, that’s not what I mean.
记得我们昨晚说的吗 在河边睡觉时候
Remember where we slept last night, down by the river?
看到科里了吗
I’m looking for Curley.
他刚刚在这儿 但他走开了
He was here a minute ago, but he went.
哦
Oh.
有时科里会在这
Sometimes Curley’s in here.
现在没有
He ain’t now.
嗯 如果没在这 我还是去别的地方找找
Well, if he ain’t, I guess I better look someplace else.
如果我看到他 我会告诉他你在找他的
If I see him, I’ll tell him you was lookin’ for him.
人不可貌相
Nobody can’t blame a person for looking.
再见
See ya around.
她真漂亮 -蓝尼
She’s pretty. – Lennie…
难道你不觉得她漂亮 -听我说 该死的
Don’t you think she’s pretty? – Listen to me, goddamnit!
你以后不准看她 -但是
Don’t you even look at her. – But…
我不管她说什么或做什么 她是个坏蛋
I don’t care what she says or does, she’s a rat-trap.
可我什么都没做
But I wasn’t doing nothing.
她刚才在这里的时候 你一直在盯着她看
When she was shoving her legs around, you weren’t looking the other way neither.
离她远点
Keep away from her.
我不喜欢这个地方
I don’t like this place.
你们是新来的 -是的
You the new guys? – Yeah.
我是斯利姆 你们会在我的队里
I’m Slim. You’re gonna be on my team.
我是乔治弥尔顿 这是蓝尼
I’m George Milton. This here’s Lennie Small.
你们一块来的 -是的
You travel around together? – Yeah.
并没有很多人一块旅行 不知道为什么
There ain’t many guys travel around together. I don’t know why.
可能这个世界上的每个人都害怕其他人吧
Maybe everybody in the whole damn world’s scared of each other.
可能
Maybe.
那么 你们以前做过这些
So, you ever bucked barley before?
是的 当然 我不想大叫出来 但是 蓝尼真的像一头牛那样壮
Hell, yes. I ain’t nothin’ to scream about, but… Lennie’s strong as a bull.
很好
Good.
我的队里有一些魂淡 他们甚至不能区分大麦和蓝色的球
I got a pair of punks on my team, they don’t know a barley bag from a blue ball.
他们是新来的
These guys just came.
我想问你 斯利姆 你的马子有几只小狗
I meant to ask you, Slim. How many puppies your bitch have?
嗯 她扔掉了八只 我丢到水里四只
Well, she slung eight of ’em. I drowned four right off.
她养不了那么多 我只留住了最大的几只
She couldn’t feed that many. I just kept the biggest.
(犬吠声)
(dog barks)
坎迪的狗太老 而且不太好了
Candy’s dog is old and no good.
你该让坎迪杀死那只狗 然后可以给他一只小狗
You oughta get Candy to shoot that dog. Then you could give him one of the pups.
好的
All right.
乔治 问问那个人 我可以要他一只小狗吗
George, ask that man, can I have one of his pups?
好的 我会的 不要担心
Yeah, I will. Don’t worry.
来吧 上来
Come on, get up.
今天你做的很好 蓝尼
You done real good today, Lennie.
你做的很好
You done real good.
(嘟囔)
(mumbles)
好 我现在就问他
OK, I’ll ask him now.
斯利姆 -嗯
Slim. – Yeah?
乔治 我能要这只白色的吗
George, can I have this white one?
当然 如果你想要
Well, if that’s the one you want.
他可以在这呆着玩儿会小狗吗
Can he stay here and hold it awhile?
当然
Sure.
蓝尼 你不能把小狗带出去
Lennie, you can’t take that pup out of here.
它太小了还不能离开它的母亲 -我不会的 乔治
It’s too young to leave the mother. – I ain’t going to, George.
来
Come on.
妈 妈 妈 妈
Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma.
就这样 别着急
That’s it, take it easy.
他今天说话了吗 -没 没说 他忙着干活儿了
You talking today? – Nah, he ain’t. He’s too busy working.
他是个好工人吗 -有史以来最好的
Is he a good worker? – Best I ever had.
他的同伴呢 -他怎么样
What about his partner? – What about him?
他是个好工人吗 我父亲想知道这个
Is he a good worker? My old man wants to know.
是的 他是个好工人
Yeah, he’s a good worker.
驾 快跑
Ha! Giddap.
来 紫罗兰 过来 姑娘
Come on, Violet. Come on, girl.
乔治 这头骡子的一只脚伤了 把她牵回马厩吧
George, this mule has a sore foot. Lead her back to the stable
跟克鲁克斯再要一头来 -好的
and ask Crooks to give you another one. – Sure.
来吧 姑娘 -来吧 姑娘 来
Go on, girl. – Come on, girl. Come on.
走着
Go on, now.
Jake
Jake!
来吧 姑娘 来
Come on, girl. Come on.
伙计 快来
Attagirl. Come on.
来吧 来
Come on, now. Come on.
来 快来
Come on. Come on!
克鲁克斯
Crooks!
我能帮上什么吗
Can I help?
不用了
No.
我在找克鲁克斯 这头骡子的脚伤到了
I’m looking for Crooks. This mule’s got a hurt foot.
他不在
He ain’t here.
这儿只有我一个
Nobody’s here but me.
现在还有你了
And now you.
今天我有点懒洋洋的
I feel so lazy today.
你呢
You feel lazy?
不
No.
我可以在这小睡一会儿
I could take a nap right here.
这儿很凉快 而且挺安静
It’s nice and cool here in the barn, and quiet.
大伙儿都在烈日底下干活儿
Everybody out in the fields working in the hot sun.
而我们在凉爽的马棚里
Here we are in a cool barn.
我的脚也受伤了
I got a hurt foot too.
昨晚科里气坏我了 踢他的时候踢到了椅子
I got mad at Curley last night, kicked at him and missed – kicked a chair instead.
你能不能放开那头骡子跟我说说话
Let go of that old mule and talk to me.
你来自很远的地方吗
Are you from far away?
非常远非常远
Pretty far.
非常远是多远
How far is far away?
你从哪个镇上来的
What’s the town you came from?
我告诉你你也不知道
You wouldn’t know it if I told you.
你的妻子在老家吗
You got a sweetheart back there?
不
No.
那你有妻子了吗
Did you ever have a sweetheart?
没有
No.
一直没有吗
You never had a sweetheart?
没有
No.