快
Come on!
快 不要停
Come on. Keep moving.
快点
Come on.
继续找
Keep looking.
蹲下
(whispers) Stay down.
好样的 快闻闻他们藏在哪儿
Attaboy. Attaboy, sniff it out.
不要停 伙计 继续找
Pick it up, boy. Pick it up.
快来 快
Come on. Come on.
蓝尼
Lennie.
趴下
Get down.
快点
Hurry up.
爬上去
Get up there.
乔治 -你想说什么
George? – What d’you want?
我们这是去哪儿
Where are we going?
离开这个地方
To get away from here.
我浑身湿透了
I’m all wet.
快 把你的外套脱下来 快一点
Come on, let’s take off your coat. Come on.
快点
Come on.
躺下休息一会儿吧
Just lay down and get some rest.
乔治
George?
睡觉 蓝尼
Go to sleep, Lennie.
我在睡呢 乔治
I’m sleeping, George.
乔治 我们去哪儿 -我们要去一个大农场工作
George, where are we going? – We’re going to a ranch to work.
快点 你们该下车了
(driver) Come on. You get off here.
乔治 醒醒
George, wake up.
你们到索莱达了
You’re in Soledad.
我们要去泰勒农场
We’re going to the Tyler ranch.
你们在这下车吧 沿着这条路走就到那了
You gotta get off here. The ranch is down the road.
有多远呢 -只需要沿着路走一会儿
How far? – Just down the road a stretch.
这到底是什么鬼地方 -乔治
(George) Where the hell is it? – George?
嗯 -我们要去哪儿
Yeah? – Where are we going?
老天爷 你这个十足的蠢蛋
Jesus Christ, you’re a crazy bastard.
我忘掉了 乔治 我试着不忘掉 然后我忘掉了
I forgot, George. I tried not to, then I forgot.
我把所有的时间都浪费到告诉你这些事上 然后你接着就把它们忘掉了
I spend all my time telling you things, then you forget ’em.
我能想起兔子的事
I remember about the rabbits.
去TMD兔子吧 那就是所有你知道的东西
The hell with them rabbits. That’s all you can remember.
好吧 听着 这次别忘记了 我们去了默里和麦迪这个地方
OK, listen. This time don’t forget. We went into Murray and Ready’s.
他们给了我们工作卡和汽车票 -乔治 我现在想起来了
They give us work cards and bus tickets. – George, I remember that now.
但是乔治 他们好像没有给我呢 我一定是丢在什么地方了
But George, I ain’t got mine. I must’ve lost it.
你的我帮你拿着了 你觉得我会让你自己拿着你的工作卡
I got both of ’em. You think I’d let you carry your own work card?
我还以为我把它装在自己的口袋里了
I thought I had it in my own pocket.
你从口袋里掏出的什么东西
What did you take out of that pocket?
口袋里什么都没有 乔治
There’s nothing in the pocket, George.
我知道 你抓在手里了 那么 你拿的是什么东西
I know it ain’t. You got it in your hand. Now, what you got in your hand?
乔治 那是我的老鼠
George, that’s just my mouse.
不是我杀死它的 乔治 老实说 是它死后我才发现它的
But I didn’t kill it, George. Honest, I found it dead.
噢 老天
Oh, jeez.
拿过来 -乔治 让我留着它吧
Give it here. – George, leave me have it.
快拿过来 你要一只死老鼠做什么
Give it here. What do you want with a dead mouse anyway?
我只是想边走边摸摸它而已
I was just petting it with the fingers while we was walking along.
好吧 好吧 跟我一块走就不要摸那死老鼠
Yeah, well, you ain’t petting no mice when you walk with me.
你是要给我那只老鼠 还是要让我狠狠揍你一顿呢
You gonna give me that mouse, or am I gonna have to sock you?
快拿过来
Come on.
像你这么大的个子 哭得跟个孩子一样
Blubbering like a baby, a big guy like you!
蓝尼 我扔掉它并没有恶意的
Lennie, I ain’t taking it away for meanness.
那只老鼠已经不新鲜了 蓝尼
That mouse ain’t fresh, Lennie.
你再弄只新鲜的老鼠 我就让你留着它
Get another mouse that’s fresh, I’ll let you keep him.
我不知道哪里有别的老鼠了
I don’t know where there is no other mouse.
有个女的给过我几只 但她不在这里了
The lady used to give me some, but that lady ain’t here no more.
女的
Lady?
你连那个女的是谁都不记得了吗
Don’t you even remember who that lady was?
那是你的姑妈克拉拉 她不会再给你了
That’s your Aunt Clara. She stopped giving ’em to you.
你老是摸的太用力 都把它们杀死了
You was always killing ’em by petting ’em too hard.
我来告诉你我会怎么做
I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
如果有机会 我会给你一只小狗
First chance I get, I’ll get you a puppy.
是吧 那可比老鼠好多了
Huh? That’d be better than mice.
你可以用力抚摸它
You could pet ’em harder.
好吗
OK?
嗯
Huh?
嘿
Hey.
嘿 嘿
Hey! Hey!
魂淡
Son of a bitch!
你刚才说什么 乔治
What did you say, George?
我说 “魂淡”
I said ”son of a bitch”.
巴士司机骗了我们 他懒到甚至不愿在农场门前停一下
The bus driver lied to us. Just too damn lazy to stop at the ranch gate.
该死的混账 -(蓝尼) 该死的混账
Son of a bitch! – (Lennie) Son of a bitch!
我的老天 乔治 我也说了
Jesus Christ, George, I said it too.
是的 我听到你说了 -乔治 我们不该那么说的
Yeah, I heard you. – George, we wasn’t supposed to say that.
好吧 为什么
Yeah, why not?
克拉拉姑妈不喜欢脏话
Aunt Clara don’t like it.
好吧 好吧 但她已经死了
Yeah, well, she’s dead.
蓝尼
Lennie.
不要喝那么多
Don’t drink so much.
嘿
Hey.
太好喝了 乔治 你也喝点吧 美美地喝一大口
That’s good, George. You have a drink. You have a good, big drink.
这儿很漂亮
It’s nice here.
我们可以在这过夜 然后明天再去农场
I think we’ll just spend the night and go to the ranch tomorrow.
我们有晚饭可以吃吗
Ain’t we gonna get no supper?
是的 当然 我在包袱里装了三罐豆子
Yeah, sure we are. I got three cans of beans in my bindle.
我喜欢吃加番茄酱的豆子
I like beans with ketchup.
我喜欢吃加番茄酱的豆子
I like beans with ketchup.
我们没有番茄酱了
We ain’t got any.
去 找些木柴来生火
Go on. Go get some wood so we can build a fire.
我们的豆子足足够四个人吃 -我喜欢吃加番茄酱的豆子
We got enough beans here for four men. – I like ’em with ketchup.
我们没有番茄酱了
We ain’t got any.
该死的
Goddamnit!
我们没有什么 你就想要什么
Whatever we ain’t got, that’s what you want.
乔治
George?
乔治
George?
你又要说什么 -乔治 我只是闹着玩的
What d’you want? – George, I was only fooling.
我不想 我不想吃番茄酱
I don’t… I don’t want no ketchup.
如果这里有 你可以吃
If it was here, you could have some.
乔治 我不吃番茄酱
George, I wouldn’t eat no ketchup.
我会给你留着 你可以洒到你的豆子上
I’d leave it all for you and you could cover your beans with it.
我一点都不会碰的
I wouldn’t touch none of it.
一想起如果没有你我的生活会多美好 我就快疯了
When I think of the swell time I could have without you, phew, I go nuts.
我永远都不可能过上平静的日子
I never get any peace.
如果自己一个人 我能很简单地过活
If I was alone, I could live so easy.
我可以得到一份工作 并且没有麻烦
I could get a job and work and no trouble.
月底的时候 我可以领到我的50块钱
And when the end of the month come, I could take my 50 bucks,
我可以进城 我能买♥♥到所有想要的东西
I could go into town, I could get whatever I want.
我可以整夜呆在窑子里
I could stay in a cathouse all night.
我得到什么了
What do I got?
我得到的是你
I got you.
你的工作做不长久 还搞砸了我的每一次工作
You can’t keep a job. Lose me every job I get.
一直害我天南海北地到处跑
Keep me shovin’ all over the country, all the time.
这还不是最糟的
That ain’t the worst.
你老是惹麻烦 每次你做了坏事都是我为你擦屁♥股♥
You get in trouble. You do bad things and I got to get you out all the time!
混帐疯子 你老是给我制♥造♥麻烦
Crazy son of a bitch, you keep me in hot water all the time.
乔治 你 你想让我走然后留下你自己一个吗
George, you… you want I should go away and leave you alone?
你TMD能去什么地方
Where the hell would you go?
我可以去
I could go…
我可以去那边的山里找一个山洞
I could go off in them hills there and find a cave.
是吗 你怎么吃饭
Yeah? How’d you eat?
你根本都找不到吃的东西
You ain’t got sense enough to find nothin’ to eat.
我能找到 我不需要吃加番茄酱的美食
I find things. I don’t need this nice food with ketchup.
乔治 如果你不想要我了 我会去山里然后找个山洞住的
George, if you don’t want me, I go off in them hills and get a cave.
而且我会弄几只老鼠呆在一块
And I wouldn’t get no mice stole off me either.
老天爷 你克拉拉姑妈不希望你自己走掉
Jesus Christ, your Aunt Clara wouldn’t like you running off by yourself.
嘿
Hey!