在一个遥远的地方
Far, far away
一个魔幻的世界里
in a magical part of the world,
有一个特殊的地方
there is a special place –
安静的小镇瓦南布尔
the sleepy town of Warrnambool.
那里有美丽的企鹅 -世界上最小的企鹅
Where fairy penguins – the littlest penguins of all –
回家
call home.
它们的巢穴在中部岛屿的岩石里
They nest on a rocky place called Middle Island.
很多年来,居民们
For years, the townspeople
通过浅水通道来到岛上
walked the shallow channel to the island
来观看几千只企鹅在夜间回家
to watch thousands of fairy penguins return home at night.
企鹅给这个小镇带来了特殊的魔力
Because the penguins brought a special magic to the town.
但是有一天晚上
But one night,
狐狸发现它们也能到岛上来
foxes found that they too could walk to the island.
近几年来…
And in just a few short years…
…企鹅的数量急剧减少
…there were hardly any penguins left.
镇上的居民也
And there was nothing the townspeople
很难拯救这些企鹅
could do to save them.
太糟了
This is just awful.
如果你是企鹅的话
Especially if you’re a penguin.
杰克,佐伊,还剩下几只企鹅?
Jack, Zoe, how many penguins are left?
你知道的,我想让瓦特作为企鹅命运的守护神
You know, I’m gonna let Watt be the angel of doom.
艾米丽,你应该知道数量不多了?
Em, look, you should know that the numbers aren’t great, OK?
早上好,艾米丽,抱歉…
Morning, Emily. Sorry to be the…
– 还有几只,瓦特先生? -20只
– How many, Mr Watt? -20.
瓦特?你刚才数的
W-what? You just did your count.
也许还能找到些
Maybe some left already.
佐伊早上出去打猎前数过的.是20只
Zoe did her count at dawn before they go out to hunt. It’s 20.
我记得这里有上千只啊.怎么搞的
I remember when there were thousands here. What a shame.
也许它们都躲在外面保护自己呢
Maybe they’re just staying out to protect themselves.
我们必须收拾收拾这里的狐狸
We just need to hold the foxes off a little while.
– 怎么弄? 用麻♥醉♥枪♥吗? 是的
– How? With tranquilliser guns? -Yeah.
– 你看变成什么样子了. – 我做的绝对是对的
– See how well that’s been going. -I was actually doing alright
狐狸战胜了大自然,学会了游泳
till the foxes defied nature and learnt how to swim.
听着,你每年来巡视只有两周时间
Listen, your annual review is in two weeks.
想要得到资金和避难所
To keep funding and sanctuary status,
你需要至少10只企鹅,才能叫这里是企鹅之家
you need at least 10 penguins to call this place home.
– 照这样下去的话… 瓦特先生,保罗,求你了
– And at this rate… -Mr Watt, Paul, please.
你知道我妈妈.这个避难所是她的全部
You knew my mum. This sanctuary was her everything.
我不能就让它这样关闭掉,求你了
I can’t let her down. Please.
这就是我为什么在委员会冒了很大的风险的原因
That’s why I’ve stuck my neck out with council for so long.
我很抱歉,艾米丽
I’m sorry, Emily.
但是,如果委员会下月看到企鹅少于10只
But if council sees less than 10 penguins next month,
这地方就不在是避难所了,会重新成为荒岛
the place won’t be a sanctuary, it’ll just be a rock.
我们该怎么办?
So now what do we do?
除非事情有好转,否则我们都会失业
Well, unless things take a turn, we’re all out of work.
随着美丽的企鹅越来越少
With the fairy penguins almost gone,
瓦南布尔的魔力
it seems the magic of Warrnambool
很快就逝去了
will soon be gone too.
小镇的唯一希望就是…
The town’s only hope now lies with…
…鸡舍农场主和他奇怪的狗
…a chicken farmer and his very odd dog.
他们还不知道
— They just don’t know it yet.
好.哦!
Right. Ugh!
吥!吥!
Brrr! Brrr!
吥!
Brrr!
哦,好极了!
Ah, yes!
没有比这样洗冷水澡对身体更好的了
Nothing like a good cold kick to the ventricles
开始新的一天,哦,孩子们?
to start the day, eh, ladies?
哦.
Oh.
嗯!
Mmm!
很不错!
Beautiful!
早上好,米西
Morning, Missy.
奥迪!吃早饭了!
Oddball! Breakfast!
奥迪,你正在哪,伙计?
Oddball, where are you, mate?
哦!离开那里!
Oh! Get out of there!
和你说多少次了,你这个疯狗?
How many times do I have to tell you, you crazy dog?
这里是你的早饭
Here. That’s your food.
你在等什么呢 – 刀叉吗? 赶快吃
What are you waiting for – a knife and fork? Just eat it up.
好吧,你需要洗个澡
Right, your turn to shower.
你是历史上唯一的马雷马狗
The only Maremma dog in history
你却不能保护鸡群
that can’t bring itself to guard chickens.
解释给我听
Explain that to me.
哼? 告诉我为什么
Huh? Give me one good reason
我为什么不能把你卖♥♥个高价呢
why I shouldn’t trade you in to the highest bidder.
– 我还得对你好点
– Not that I’d get much for you.
好孩子
There’s a good one, then.
你!你安静♥坐♥着
You! You’re still grounded.
好好呆着,好吗?
So stay. OK?
我要去接李维
I’m off to pick up Livvie.
别弄坏任何东西!
And don’t destroy anything!
如果你干坏事,我会好好收拾你的
And if you do, glue it back together
所以我也不知道
so I don’t know about it.
又是一天
Another day, another dozen.
我说’呆着’的? 嗯?
What happened to ‘stay’? Eh?
如果你和我一起去镇上你会很瞎闹的
You are dopey if you think you’re coming into town with me.
–好吧
–Alright.
起来点,往里点
Well, move over. Go on. Shove over.
快点,进去
Go on, over you get.
低头,闭上嘴
Keep your head down and your mouth shut.
要花我半年时间去偿还你的债务
Took me six months to pay off your last debt.
起来点!好的,出发
Move over! Alright. Off we go.
关于那些企鹅我很抱歉,奥利维亚
I am really sorry about the penguins, Olivia.
你知道,我确定你妈妈和她的团队
You know, I’m sure that your mom and her team,
他们会尽力而为的
they’re doing everything they can.
他们很聪明,嗯…
They’re very smart. Um…
但是,嘿,你知道吗? 这给了一个让我们更团结的机会
But, hey, you know what? This gives us a chance to bond.
对吗?不是吗?也许吧
Right? No? Maybe not.
嘿,奥利维亚,我们赶时间
Hey, Olivia, we’re in a bit of a hurry.
你书包装好了吗?
Did you get your bag all packed?
– 书包在桌子上 – 啊!
– Bag’s on the table. -Ah!
很好, 当然你做了,当然你做了
Good. Of course you did, of course you did.
因为你…长大了.你成熟了
Because you…are mature. You’re an adult.
你多大了?你就像…30或35岁,36岁
What are you? You’re, like… you’re, like, 30 or 35, 36.
我才9岁
I’m 9.
我知道,我开玩笑的.是玩笑
I know, I was joking. A joke.
嘿,我打算等到你妈妈回来
Hey, I was going to wait until your mom got here,
但是没时间了
but no time like the present.
–好的,这是给你的
–OK, well, that is for you.
只要说句谢谢,美丽的小主人
Just to say thank you for being such a good hostess.
你要带皮儿的还是不要?
Did you want crust or no crust?
我通常不要皮儿.我要把皮儿去掉
I always do no crust. I’m going to do no crust.
谢谢
Thanks.
我听说其他人都穿这个呢
I heard that everyone is wearing those now.
我为什么要和其他人一样呢?
And why would I want to be like everyone else?
哦…也对
Oh…that’s right.
你妈妈告诉我你有开拓精神.不!
Your mom told me that you were a bit of a trailblazer. No!
嘿.艾米丽!
Hey. Emily!
不,不,不.一切都很好
No. No, no. Everything’s great.
是啊? 哈?
Right? Huh?
不,我们过的很愉快
No, we’re having a wonderful time.
别担心,哈?
Don’t worry about it. Huh?
什么? 你♥爸♥爸?
What? Your dad?
什么时候? 不,不,不,不.你说的他从来不准时
When? No, no, no, no. You said he was never on time.
李维.呼叫李维
Livvie. Calling Livvie.
10秒后门口见
Out the from’ in T minus 10 seconds.
收到,外公.马上出来.
Copy, Grandad. Be right out. Over.
– 要走了! – 他来了. 我该怎么办?
– Got to go! -He’s here. What do I do?
– 啊,我的李维. – 外公,翻跟头!
– Ah, there’s my Livvie. -Grandad, flip me over!
等等,看看我的后背.我不能再帮你翻跟头了
Hang on, watch me back. I can’t flip you over anymore.
你长大了.你会把我拉伤的
You’re too big. You’ll just pull me over.
这是因为你已经是个大姑娘了
That’s because you’re such a great big giant.