Y’all go on home now.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
-这就是你今天旷工的原因 -是
– This the reason you skipped work today? – Yes, sir.
还以为你把这无聊的破烂丢了呢 霍默
I thought you put all this nonsense behind you, Homer.
我还说你不会再造这些…
I thought you weren’t gonna be doin’ it…
爸 这不是什么无聊的破烂
Dad, it isn’t nonsense.
我不想和你争
I-I don’t wanna argue with you.
听着 儿子
Look, son,
我还没来得及告诉你
I can’t even begin to tell you
这几周你挖煤让我感到多么骄傲
how proud of you I’ve been these past weeks.
你终于在矿里找了一份正事儿做
I mean, you’ve just been doin’ a hell of a job in that mine.
继续努力 将来肯定能接手我的位子
You keep goin’, you’re gonna have my job someday.
所有人都这么说
Everybody says so.
你知道那让我多自豪吗
You got any idea how proud that would make me?
爸 我想
Dad, what I…
我的意思是
I guess what I’m sayin’ is,
如果火箭这玩意对你来说真这么重要
is that if this rocket stuff is so important to you,
那也行 注意安全就好
then so be it, as long as you’re careful.
不然你指不定整些别的什么事儿做
Guess there’s worse hobbies you could have.
但旷工就不对了
But skippin’work, that’s out of line.
你该知道这一点
And you gotta know that.
现在去和杰克说清楚
So let’s go and get you right with Jake.
告诉他今晚你值夜班
Tell him you’ll work the hoot owl shift tonight.
不
No.
煤矿是你的人生 不是我的
The coal mine’s your life. It’s not mine.
我再也不下去了
I’m never going down there again.
我想到太空里去
I wanna go into space.
霍默·希卡姆 罗伊·李·库克
Homer Hickam, Roy Lee Cook,
昆汀·威尔逊
Quentin Wilson,
以及谢尔曼·奥戴尔 代表大溪镇高中
and Sherman O’Dell of Big Creek High,
以杰出的业余火箭设计技术获奖
for their ingenious display of amateur rocket-building techniques.
难以置信我们打败了机械狗那组
I can’t believe we beat the kid with the robot dog.
我还以为透视耳模型那组会赢
And I thought the see-through ear was gonna win.
韦德小姐会安排好你们的行程
I got Miss Wade workin’ on your travel arrangements,
你们得决定谁去印第安纳波利斯参赛
so you boys are gonna have to decide who’s goin’ to Indianapolis.
-我们都去 -是啊
– We’re all goin’. – Yeah.
孩子们 我也希望
Son, I wish you could,
但经费有限 无法让你们四个都去
but we can’t afford to send all four of you.
只能去一个 定好了告诉我
Only one. Let me know what you decide.
周五之前决定
I’m gonna have to know by Friday.
你们几个今天干得不错
You boys did a fine job today.
我得去借一个行李箱
I need to borrow a suitcase,
把你们的地址告诉我
and I’m gonna need you guys’ addresses
-我会给你们寄明信片的 -闭嘴 罗伊·李
– because I’m gonna write some postcards. – Oh, you shut up, Roy Lee.
不闹了 当然是你去 霍默
Come on, you dope. You know, you’re goin’, Homer.
代我们向外面的世界问好
Say hello to the outside world for us.
-我们知道自己要什么吗 -是
– Do we know what we want? – Yeah!
-我们得到了吗 -没有
– Are we gettin’ it? – No!
好 所有赞成罢♥工♥的人请跟我说”赞成”
All right! All in favor of goin’ out on strike, say “Aye”!
赞成
Aye!
好了 出发
All right, let’s go!
好了 弄垮他们 出发
All right, shut ’em down! Let’s go!
罢♥工♥ 罢♥工♥ 罢♥工♥
Strike! Strike! Strike!
这次他们闹得真凶
Well, they sure are gettin’ themselves worked up.
大家都说这次罢♥工♥短不了
Everybody’s sayin’ this one’s gonna be a long one.
要我管事儿的话 肯定闹得更久
And it will, if I have anything to say about it.
这些该死的白眼狼
Ungrateful sons of bitches.
妈 看见那个绿色的大行李箱了吗
Mom, have you seen the big green suitcase?
阁楼里找过没
Did you look in the attic?
-找过了 -那我就不知道了
– Yes, ma’am. – Well, I don’t know.
约翰 你知道那行李箱在哪儿吗
John, you know where the suitcase is?
我怎么知道那该死的箱子在哪儿
How the hell should I know where the suitcase is?
我不知道 亲爱的
I don’t know, sug.
-约翰 -你们都别出来
– John! – Y’all stay inside!
维农
Vernon!
我去杀了那个王八蛋
I’m gonna kill that son of a bitch!
别犯傻了
Oh, don’t be a damn fool.
好吧 那我们怎么办
All right, well, what are we gonna do?
凉拌
Nothin’.
那该死的醉鬼根本瞄不准
Drunken bastard couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.
-他刚才分明想杀你 爸 -是啊 爸 你不能
– He tried to kill you, Dad. – Yeah, Dad, you can’t just stand…
用不着你操心 霍默
Hey, hey, don’t trouble yourself, Homer.
你不还有更重要的事要忙吗
You got more important things to worry about.
找你的行李箱去吧
Just go look for your suitcase.
算了吧 霍默
Forget about it, Homer.
闭嘴 吉姆
Shut up, Jim!
我对发生的一切感到遗憾
Listen, I’m sorry about what’s goin’ on around here,
但这不是我的错
but it isn’t my fault!
-你到底要我怎样 -说话注意点 霍默
– What do you want from me anyway? – Better watch yourself, Homer!
要是我在印第安纳波利斯获奖
If I win at Indianapolis,
或许我就能上大学了
maybe I can go to college,
或许甚至能在卡纳维拉尔角谋职
maybe even get a job at Cape Canaveral!
我在这没什么留恋的了 整个镇子都在衰败
There’s nothing here for me! The town is dyin’!
煤矿业在衰败 除了你所有人都明白这一点
The mine is dyin’! Everybody knows it here but you!
你这么想离开这的话就走啊 滚
You wanna get out of here so bad, then go! Go!
滚就滚 我现在就走
Yeah, I’ll go! Yeah, I’ll go!
-滚 滚 -我现在就走
– Go, go! – I’ll go!
而且我再也不回来了 连看都不回头看一眼
And I’ll be gone forever! I won’t even look back!
欢迎来到印第安纳波利斯
Welcome to Indianapolis!
本次科学展的来宾有
Visitors to the fair will include prominent members
全国科学界的精英
of every branch of the national scientific community.
印第安纳展览大厅
欢迎 美国 未来科学
展览在明后两天将对公众开放
The fair will be open to the public over the next two days.
评审团在之后一天会选出获奖小组
The following day, the judges will arrive to select the winners.
将火箭的坠落过程计时后
By timing the rocket’s descent,
就能算出火箭飞行的高度
we would be able to figure out just how high the rocket flew.
请看这里 这是拉瓦尔喷管
Would you like to see? This is a Delaval nozzle.
谁知道拉瓦尔喷管…
Do any of y’all know what a Delaval noz…
神奇缩小人
-两张票 -评审团更倾向于开支大的作品
– Two, please. – The judges always go for the most expensive exhibits.
生物圈那一组赢定了
That guy with the biosphere’s gonna win.
我可不这么认为 我赌造火箭那组赢
I don’t think so. My money’s on the kid with the rocket display.
你去看了吗 他们超酷的
Have you seen it yet? It’s really cool.
欧文斯先生 请到安保中心
Mr. Owens, to the security office.
欧文斯先生 请到安保中心
Mr. Owens, to the security office, please.
我们可没多少时间了 罗伊·李
It’s not like we got a hell of a lot of time, Roy Lee.
明天评审团就开始评选了
The judging is tomorrow.
得有伯登先生帮忙才行
There’s nothin’ we can do without Mr. Bolden.
他现在根本没法去机床车间
And he can’t get anywhere near the machine shop.
他们连冯·布劳恩博士的照片都偷走了
They even took my picture of Dr. Von Braun.
什么都没剩下
They stole everything.
莱昂 你来这干什么
Leon, what are you doing back here?
你最近就不该来这里晃悠
You know you shouldn’t be seen back here.
我知道 艾希 但霍默有麻烦了
I know, Elsie, but Homer’s in trouble.
艾希 我没能力平息这场罢♥工♥
Elsie, I don’t have the power to settle this strike.
领头的那几个都对你唯命是从
The bosses listen to you. They’ll do what you tell ’em.
我才不会忍♥声吞气
I am not gonna crawl on my belly
和工会那些可恶的老鼠屎谈判呢
in front of those miserable union rats.
就因为这 约翰 就因为你那该死的自尊吗
Is that what this is about, John? Is this about your pride?
不 这是为了煤林着想
No, it’s about what’s best for Coalwood.
如果煤矿没有产出 整个镇子就完了
If this mine doesn’t produce, then the town dies.
工会的人才他妈不在乎呢
Think the union gives a good damn about that?
他们就是一堆贪婪的王八蛋…
They’re nothin’ but a bunch of greedy sons of bitches that…
住口 约翰 别说了
Shut up, John. Just shut up.
霍默曾说比起自己的家你更在乎煤矿
Homer once said you love the mine more than your own family.
我一直帮你辩解 因为我不愿相信
And I took up for you ’cause I didn’t wanna believe it.
霍默从镇上人那儿得到了很多帮助
Homer has gotten a lot of help from the people in this town.
他们帮他一起造火箭
They’ve helped him build his rockets,
大老远跑去看火箭试飞
they’ve gone out there and watched him fly ’em.
但你却从没去过 约翰 一次也没
But not you, John. You never showed up. Not even once.
我不是要求你相信他能成功
Now, I’m not asking you to believe in him,