You know why?
因为你懂得比他们多
‘Cause you know more than they do.
说得很对 霍默
You bet your life I do. Homer.
我对煤矿就像对人一样了解
I know the mine like I know a man.
见鬼 只要我看上一眼
Heck, I can take one look around here…
你没事儿吧
Are you all right?
没事 一点煤灰罢了
Yeah, I’m not afraid of a little coal dust.
该死的 霍默 我就是为这而生的
Hell, Homer, I was born for this.
我早就知道你也一样
I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that you were too.
去看看他们装煤
Let’s go watch ’em shoot some coal.
艾希 晚饭待会儿再做 行吗
Elsie, hold dinner for a while, will you?
我得先打个电♥话♥
I have to make a call.
霍默 我今天在商店听到一些传言
Homer, I was in the store today, and I heard some talk.
孩子 在镇上真难守住秘密
Boy, it’s sure hard to keep a secret in this town, isn’t it?
不过我隐瞒得还不错吧
But I guess I did a pretty good job.
现在到处都在传言
You know, there’s a rumor going around
我溜到韦尔奇去和小白脸幽会了
that I been sneaking off to Welch to see some beau.
我倒希望传言成真
I wish that rumor’d been true. Yeah.
他们说霍奇金淋巴瘤有潜伏期
They told me Hodgkin’s can go into remission,
我还剩了些时日
so I might have some time.
有什么我能做的吗 莱利老师
Is there anything I can do, Miss Riley?
你可以接受我的道歉
You can accept my apology.
什么道歉
For what?
我毕生都在教书
My life’s work is teaching.
我一直相信你们只要在科学展中获奖
And I believed that if you boys won that science fair,
拿到奖学金
got scholarships,
就能离开这个小地方 做一些不凡之事
went off and did something great with your lives,
这样我这一辈子总还有个交代
somehow my life would have counted for something.
霍默
Homer.
知道吗
You know what?
有时就不该盲从任何别人的意见
Sometimes you really can’t listen to what anybody else says.
你该听听自己的心声
You just gotta listen inside.
你这一辈子不该埋没在矿井里
You’re not supposed to end up in those mines.
因为你有着更伟大的目标
You know why? ‘Cause I think you made other plans.
希望你能明白这些道理
I want you to know something.
我为你感到骄傲 真的
I’m proud of you. I am.
不论你怎么选择
Whatever you choose.
火箭飞行高度与射程
打扰了女士 请问昆汀在家吗
Excuse me, ma’am, is Quentin home?
昆汀
Quentin.
霍默 这些等式都是你自己导出来的吗
Homer, y-you figured this equation out by yourself?
如果我没算错 这证明了
Well, if I did the math right. It proves that you can’t…
证明并不是我们引起了大火
I-It proves we didn’t start that fire!
昆汀 你在干什么呢
Quentin, what’re you doin’?
海雀十三号♥是唯一失踪的火箭
Now, the Auk XIII was the only one that we couldn’t find that day.
海雀十二号♥的预计坠落时间
And our best guess for fall time with the Auk XII,
和十三号♥一样 约14秒
which is exactly identical, was about 14 seconds.
你只要帮我解决角度的问题 昆汀
If you help me with the trig part, Quentin,
我们应该能大致找出火箭着落的位置
we should be able to make a good guess where that rocket landed.
6328英尺
Six thousand, three hundred and twenty-eight feet.
一点二英里
One point two miles.
-霍默 -怎么
– Homer? – Yeah?
你会告诉罗伊·李和奥戴尔我住这儿吗
Are you gonna tell Roy Lee and O’Dell where I live?
你就算住州长宅邸也一样
It wouldn’t matter if you lived in the governor’s mansion,
他们还是会觉得你很怪
they’d still think you’re weird.
黎明见
I’ll see you at dawn.
你不下矿井了吗
Don’t you have to go to the mine?
我再也不去那儿干活了
I don’t work there anymore.

One.

Two.
九十九
Ninety-nine.
一百零七
A hundred seven.
一百二十六
One hundred and twenty-six.
6300英尺了
That’s 6,300 feet.
应该就在这附近了
It’s gotta be around here somewhere.
哪儿算错了呢
What’d we do wrong?
不知道 我再检查一遍计算过程
I don’t know. I-I’ll check the math again.
那天起风了吗
Was there a wind that day?
记不清了
I-I don’t remember.
如果有风的话
‘Cause if there was,
风从西边吹来
the wind probably came from the west,
火箭就会被风刮到
which means that it would’ve pushed the rocket,
那儿
right there.
干得漂亮
Prodigious.
联♥系♥到
…associated…
海耶斯先生 你这是赶着要去哪儿
Mr. Hayes, where you off to in such a hurry?
好了 各位 回到座位上去
Okay, everybody, back in your seats.
斯坦顿小姐 布鲁小姐
Miss Stanton, Miss Blue,
快回座位去 汉考克先生
let’s go, back in your seats. Mr. Hancock.
你也回去 威尔森先生
That goes for you too, Mr. Wilson.
莱利小姐 发生了什么事
Miss Riley, what’s going on in here?
火灾不是他们引起的 特纳先生
They didn’t start that fire, Mr. Turner.
首先 你不是这里的学生
In the first place, you are not a member of this classroom.
你也不是 特纳先生
Neither are you, Mr. Turner.
为何不给这孩子一个辩解的机会呢
Why don’t you let the boy defend himself?
其次 这枚火箭什么都证明不了
And in the second place, this rocket proves nothing.
你已经承认有些火箭下落不明
You’ve already admitted having lost a number of your rockets.
你无法完全证明
You cannot prove conclusively
-不是另一枚火箭引发了火灾 -不 我能
– that another one of them didn’t start that fire. – Yes, I can.
希卡姆先生 难道离开学校以后
Are we to conclude, Mr. Hickam, that since leaving school,
你不仅变成了火箭科学的专家
you’ve not only become an expert in rocket science,
同时也在三角学上有所建树了
but in the field of trigonometry?
-我没说我是火箭 -很明显你在
– I didn’t say that I was a rock… – Obviously, you learned more…
矿井下学的比学校里还多啊
in the coal mines than you did in high school.
让这孩子说完 继续 霍默
Let the boy talk. Go ahead, Homer.
大火在韦尔奇附近发生
Now, that fire was near Welch,
即我们发射台三英里之外
just under three miles from our launch pad.
在火灾发生那阵
And at the time of the fire,
我们火箭最远的射程为一点二英里
the best that we could do was 1.2 miles,
正是我们找回火箭的地方 特纳先生
which is exactly where we found that rocket, Mr. Turner.
特纳先生 火箭坠落的时间是14秒
See, Mr. Turner, that rocket fell for about 14 seconds,
也就是说 如果它飞了三千英尺高
which means, that it flew to an altitude of 3,000 feet,
根据等式
according to the equation,
S=½AT²
“S” Equals one-half “A” “T” Squared…
其中S为高度 A为重力常数 或代值为32
where “S” is the altitude, “A” is the gravity constant or 32,
这里用的美式单位 重力常数为32英尺/秒²
T则为火箭坠落所用的时间
and “T” is the time it took for that rocket to come back down.
-速度等于加速度乘时间 -霍默 让他瞧瞧
– Velocity equals acceleration times time. – Get him, Homer, get him.
能跟上吗 特纳先生
Are you following this, Mr. Turner?
好吧 你是很了不起
All right, we’re all duly impressed.
但劳烦你告诉我
But do you mind telling me,
引起火灾的不是你们的话 是谁呢
if you did not start that fire, who did?
这是什么
What is it?
不论这是啥 都太牛逼了 尾翼还装载了弹簧
Whatever it is, I-It’s ingenious. The fins are spring-loaded.
这根本不是火箭
That isn’t a rocket at all.
这是航♥空♥用的照明弹
It’s an aeronautical flare.
韦尔奇有个飞机场
There’s an airport here in Welch.
就在火灾发生地点的上方
It’s right above where the fire started.
希卡姆先生 返校后马上来我办公室报道
Mr. Hickam, report to my office as soon as we return to school.
你还想参加郡里的科学展览吧
You do intend to enter the county science fair, do you not?
是的 先生
Yes, sir, we do.
如果你们想代表大溪镇高中参赛
Well, if you intend to represent Big Creek,
得有大溪镇高中的学籍才行
you’re gonna have to be enrolled as a student at Big Creek.
干得漂亮
“Prodigenous.”
你能画精细些好让伯登先生照图制♥造♥吗
Do you think you can draw well enough so Mr. Bolden could build it?
行 我看看
Yep. Let me see.
霍默
Hey, Homer.
-爸 -你们又在捣鼓什么
– Hi, Dad. – What’s this stuff doin’ here?
希卡姆先生 引起火灾的不是我们
Mr. Hickam, we didn’t start the fire.
警♥察♥把东西都还给我们了
The troopers gave it back to us.
-不关火箭的事儿 -是照明弹引燃的火
– Yeah, it wasn’t even one of our rockets. – It was an aeronautical flare.
你们都给我回家去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!