即使大多数艾森豪威尔总统的顾问
While most of President Eisenhower’s advisors…
今天真是个不祥之日 华盛顿
Today are ominous. Washington…
如果您刚开始收听这则特别新闻
If you have just tuned in to this special bulletin,
华盛顿方面已经证实昨日
Washington has confirmed that, yesterday,
即1957年10月4日
on the fourth of October, 1957,
苏联成功将
the Soviet Union successfully launched
人类历史上第一颗人造卫星
history’s first man-made satellite
发射至环地轨道
into space orbit around the Earth.
十月的天空
这颗名为”伴侣号♥”的卫星
The satellite which the Russians have dubbed Sputnik
被赞为人类历史上的一块里程碑
is being hailed as a milestone in history.
所有政♥府♥官员不得不承认
No one in our nation’s capital could deny that
该卫星将冷战推动至一个严峻的新阶段
the satellite has ushered in a grim new chapter in the Cold War.
同时人♥民♥的担忧
And indeed, a wave of national anxiety
也开始在全国蔓延
already seems to be sweeping the country.
卫星仍然保持在时速一万八千英里
Still maintaining its speed of 18,000 miles an hour,
每九十六分钟环绕地球一圈
completing an orbit of the Earth every 96 minutes.
奥尔加煤矿公♥司♥
沃纳·冯·布劳恩博士
Doctor Wernher von Braun,
陆军弹道飞弹署总工程师
Chief Engineer of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency,
对美国能早日追上苏联进度
expressed the hope that the United States
将自己的人造卫星发射至太空中
would soon be following the Russians into space
寄予了深切希望
with our own artificial satellite.
冯·布劳恩博士表示
Doctor von Braun confirmed
目前仍未能观测到苏联卫星的影像
that there has still been no actual sighting of the Soviet satellite,
但美国有望在近期内追踪到其轨迹
but the U.S. expects to be tracking it very soon.
据悉”伴侣号♥”卫星可在
We are told that Sputnik will be visible to the naked eye
日落后一小时与黎明前一小时内
about an hour after sunset and an hour before dawn,
即跨越美国十月的夜空时被肉眼观测到
as it traverses the October sky over the United States.
卫星发射的脉冲信♥号♥♥的作用仍然未知
What the beeping signal means we still don’t know.
可能不过是…
It may be nothing more…
根据真实故事改编
典狱长在小镇监狱开了派对
Warden threw a party in the county jail
出发 罗伊·李
Let’s go, Roy Lee.
-快九点了 -你就这么急着去送死吗
– It’s almost 9:00. – Sure are in a hurry to get yourself killed.
说真的 自杀其实有更容易的法子 霍默
No kiddin’. There are easier ways to commit suicide, Homer.
踩油门 别废话行吗 罗伊·李
Will you just step on it, Roy Lee?
正踩着呢
I am steppin’ on it.
监牢里的每个人
Everybody in the whole cell block
煤林 弗吉尼亚州西部 1957年10月5日
都随着监狱摇滚乐起舞
Was dancin’ to the jailhouse rock
马奎尔 朗斯特里特 希卡姆 该你们大显身手了
Okay, Maguire, Longstreet, Hickam. Let’s see what you got.
拜托对我弟弟手下留情
Hey, take it easy on my kid brother.
给他留几分面子 行吗
Make him look good, all right?
开始吧 准备
Let’s go! Hut!
进攻 各就各位
Down! Set!
战术二
Hut two!
不是让你手下留情吗
I thought I told you to take it easy on him.
我已经手下留情了
I did take it easy on him.
-各就各位 -我要碾死你 王八蛋
– Set! – I’m gonna run right over you, you son of a bitch.
-听见没 -战术一 战术二
– You hear me? – Hut one! Hut two!
霍默 你很勇敢
Homer, you sure got guts,
但你也得学着知难而退
but you gotta know when to quit.
好了 米勒 你来替他
Okay, Miller! You’re up!
某天我们都变得忧心忡忡
Someday we’ll all be blue
因为那天你说了再见
Well, that’ll be the day when you say good-bye
为什么只有该死的体育生才有奖学金
Why should the damn jocks be the only ones gettin’ scholarships?
也只有他们才泡得到妞 真♥他♥妈♥不公平
They’re also the only ones that get the girls. This burns my ass.
因为就在那天我与世长辞
That’ll be the day when I die
苏联发射了第一颗环地卫星
你们觉得这个怎么样
What do you boys think about this?
是不是很牛逼
Isn’t that something?
外太空让给他们 我们有摇滚乐就够了
Let ’em have outer space. We got rock ‘n’ roll.
是啊 地上的事儿已经够我们操心的了
I’m with you. We got enough to worry about down here.
-霍默 你♥爸♥提过关于裁员的事吗 -没
– Homer, your dad say anything about the layoffs? – No.
-他们还在拆除矿坑的支柱吗 -他没说过
– Have they pulled any more pillars? – Uh, he didn’t say.
他平时都不说话吗
Does he talk at all?
不 说的
Oh, yeah. He talks.
该死的 杰克 难道我没告诉过你
Damn it, Jake! Didn’t I tell you
找人修修那些顶板锚杆吗
to put some men to work on those roof bolts?
-我在对牛弹琴吗 -抱歉
– Was I talkin’ to the wall? – I’m sorry,
约翰 我们正准备…
John. We was just tryin’ to get…
让夜班的人搞定通风口旁的那些支柱
Make sure the hoot owl shift sets those timbers by the vent!
那片区域再挖两天就快告罄了
Two more days on that block, we’re gonna be down to the bone.
我估计
I guess that’s…
詹森 别挡路
Jensen! Get out of the way!
詹森 小心
Jensen, look out!
醒醒 醒醒 詹森
Come on. Come on, Jensen.
快醒醒
Come on back.
发生了什么
What happened?
整座矿山都差点砸你头上了
Whole damn mountain ’bout fell on your head.
约翰救了你的命
And John here… he saved your life.
那是我爸爸
That’s my dad.
给我离开矿区
I want you out of this mine.
永远别回来了 你个缺心眼的白♥痴♥
Don’t come back, you stupid son of a bitch.
我有没有告诉过你要注意顶板
Didn’t I tell you to watch the roof, huh?
我们刚才差点死掉
Now we could’ve all been killed
就因为你没有留意头顶的状况
’cause you didn’t have the sense to look up!
那是我爸爸
That’s my dad.
霍默
Homer.
比赛怎么样了
Well, how’d it go?
我告诉过你 只要铲一夏天的煤
Well, I told you. You spend the summer shovelin’ coal,
下个秋天你就能当线卫了
and you’ll be playin’ linebacker next fall.
怎么了 霍默 没有挖煤的天赋吗
What’s the matter, Homer? Not cut out for mining coal?
我也一样
Me neither.
快去收拾一下
Hey, let’s get that mess cleaned up!
去把顶板支起来
Let’s get some cribbin’ on that roof!
加油吧 霍默 你是纯正的煤林人
Buck up, Homer. You’re a Coalwood boy.
当你下到矿坑 手拿煤铲时
When you get down in the mine, get that coal shovel in your hand,
会觉得自己就是为了挖煤而生的
feel just as natural to you as a tick on a dog.
把那块石板从装货机上卸下来
And get that slate off the loader!
以下为苏联伴侣号♥卫星发射的无线电♥信♥♥号♥♥
It’s the radio signal transmitted by the Soviet Sputnik.
听听这具有
Listen now for the sound
跨时代意义的声音吧
which forevermore separates the old from the new.
这就是伴侣号♥发射的信♥号♥♥吗
That’s it? That’s the Sputnik?
-是的 -有什么了不起的
– That’s Sputnik. – Well, big deal.
有什么了不起 你根本不明白
Big deal? What you fail to grasp
刚才听到的声音是由一个
is that the sound you’re hearin’ is bein’ transmitted
以时速一万八千英里高速运行
by an object that is travelin’ at 18,000 miles per hour,
离地559英里高
559 miles high,
-每九十六分钟绕地球 -闭嘴
– a-a-a-and orbitin’the Earth e-e-every nine… – Shut up!
孩子们 住手
Boys, not in my class!
谢谢 昆汀
Thank you, Quentin.
昆汀说得对
Now Quentin’s right, y’all.
伴侣号♥是人类历史的一块里程碑
Sputnik is a milestone in history.
其意义是空前绝后的
Things’ll never be the same again.
-你说呢 霍默 -是 老师
– What do you think about that, Homer? – Well, yes, ma’am. Uh…
怎么不吭声了
Cat got your tongue?
我们正谈到环地轨道
We were talkin’ about bein’ in orbit,
距离地球几百英里远呢
hundreds of miles away from the Earth.
你对此有所了解吗
You know anything about that?
没有 老师
No, ma’am.
我会盯着你的 孩子
I got my eye on you, boy.
谁能说说伴侣号♥为何具有如此重大的意义
Now who can tell me why Sputnik is so important?
我们应该把这该死的玩意儿打下来
We ought to just shoot the damn thing down.
那上面肯定装了间谍相机
It’s got one of them little spy cameras in it.
能照下我们所有导弹基地的位置
It takes pictures of every one of our missile bases.
咱们国家最好趁着为时未晚奋起直追
This country’d better get on the ball before it’s too late.
我只希望伴侣号♥快点出现
All I know is this Sputnik had better show up soon.
看得我脖子疼
I’m gettin’ a crick in my neck.
你只需要带她去看场电影
All right. What you need to do is take her to the movies.
恐怖点的 比如《弗兰肯斯坦因对狼人》
Somethin’scary, like Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man.
然后把你的手

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!