欧比王被打败,遭到烈火焚身
and he really kinda kicks his ass and burns him in the fire,
许多过往都与火有关
and a lot of the history is coming up with the fire.
但更重要的是接受现实
But it’s more about just coming to terms
勇于面对这个他一手带大的怪物
and dealing with this monster that he helped create.
我感觉很像达斯西帝
I’m feeling very like Darth Sidious.
饰演黑暗面的角色很费心神
It is a lot to play somebody who’s on the dark side.
有一股力量和情感的投入驱使他们
There is an intensity and there is an emotional commitment and drive to them.
他们受愤怒与仇恨驱使
They’re driven by anger and hate, and so,
演员要维持这个状态并不容易
it’s not an easy place to stay in as a performer.
其中有更特殊的成分
There is a larger-than-life component to it.
这时的银河,是一个相当黑暗的世界
At this point in the galaxy, we have a world that is quite a dark worldview.
各地都有许多不公不义的事
And there’s a lot going on in the galaxy that is definitely not right.
我们在这故事中的一个重点
A large part of what we’re trying to do with this story
是提出:「如何保有希望?
is ask “How do you retain your hope?”
「如何在黑暗时刻找到希望?」
and “How do you find hope in these dark times?”
来囉,468第3镜,预备,开演
Take four-six-eight, take three. Camera. Action.
我始终认为莉亚公主
I’ve always thought that Princess Leia, honestly,
是描写得极为出色的女性角色
is one of the best female characters that’s ever been written
这也包括凯莉费雪的诠释
and that’s also combined with Carrie Fisher.
在很多时候,现在的人也会说
I feel like a lot of times, nowadays, people are saying,
「她是强悍的女性」
“Oh, it’s a strong woman and she’s tough,”
好像只代表她所向无敌
and it just means that she’s killing everybody,
但凯莉并非如此
and Carrie was not like that.
凯莉饰演的莉亚公主是个反抗者
Carrie, in Princess Leia, you had somebody that was a rebel,
是斗士,她也聪明又风趣
was a fighter, but she was also intelligent,
但她也可以温暖、有爱
she was funny, but she could also be warm, she could be loving.
她的性格包含许多面向
And she really kinda had this multi-dimensional characterization
太美妙了
that was just wonderful.
有件事我很想在这部影集中点出
One of the things for me that I really wanted to acknowledge in the series
但又不想着墨太深
without getting too heavy-handed about it
就是显然很多人关注路克天行者
was this sense that, there’s obviously been a lot of focus on Luke Skywalker
与他对银河的贡献
and his contribution to the galaxy,
但我认为还有莉亚公主
but I feel like with Princess Leia,
少了她,路克无法成功
I don’t think he could have done it without her.
妳干嘛? -总得想个法子
What the hell are you doing? -Somebody has to save our skins.
是她组织所有反抗军
And she was the one who organized all the rebels,
她参与战争
she was there fighting the war,
她包办另一面的工作
she was there kinda doing all the other side of it
他们两人在许多方面同心协力
and I think the two of them really, they did it together in a lot of ways.
我很高兴在影集中
That was something that I really loved about the series
我们有机会让她扮演关键的角色
is that we were getting a chance to acknowledge that she played a pivotal role
让一切水到渠成
in allowing everything to happen as it did.
我不去的话也没有谁会想我
It’s not like anyone would miss me if I wasn’t there.
我会想妳
I’d miss you.
我只是去挥手而已
All I ever do is wave.
对任何演员而言,何况是小孩
For any performer, let alone a child,
要当莉亚公主和凯莉费雪的继任者
trying to take on the legacy of Princess Leia and Carrie Fisher
是非常困难的
is incredibly difficult.
但薇薇安有她的本质
But Vivien just kinda had the essence of her,
我认为那是重点
and I think that was the main thing.
跟她讲道理
Try to reason with her.
如果是妳妈妈,妳怎麽让她投降?
So, think of your own mom a minute. How do you win your mom?
怎麽做对她最有效?
What does she respond to the most? -Um…
通常是抱抱
Hugs. Usually.
对不起,妈妈
I’m sorry, Mother.
真的很抱歉
I really am.
我保证不会再犯
I promise I won’t do it again.
薇薇安很棒,和她合作很开心
Vivien’s brilliant, just brilliant to work with.
我感觉得到妳拿走了
You know, I can feel you doing that.
她的机智和放肆 很符合凯莉费雪的莉亚公主
She had all of the wit and cheek of Carrie Fisher’s Princess Leia.
她的工作就像我沿袭亚历
She had the same job to do as I had with Alec.
我先看的是《星际大战》故事书 我边看边学会阅读
I actually started on the Star Wars books, and I learned how to read with those.
当我在《星际大战》故事书看到他
And Star Wars, of course, the moment I saw him on the page,
我就爱上R2-D2
I fell in love with R2-D2.
我起先不认识薇薇安
I didn’t know Vivien before we started,
所以故事剧情和实际拍摄
and so the story line and the reality of shooting
刚好符合了我们都不怎麽认识对方
are somewhat side by side in that we didn’t know each other very well
然后随着影集拍摄,我们越来越熟
and then we got to know each other better and better as we shot the series.
两边同步发展
So, it went hand in hand really.
她很投入,是充满热情的演员
She was never anything but fully enthusiastic and she’s a passionate actor.
如果你是绝地,为什麽不用光剑?
If you’re a real Jedi, why aren’t you using your lightsaber?
(互动试演)
因为我们在躲藏
Because we’re in hiding.
方便的理由
Convenient.
除非你不是绝地,光剑也是偷来的
Unless, you can’t do Jedi stuff and that lightsaber is completely stolen.
让我飘浮
Make me float.
我真心认为她表现出色
I’d really thought that she nailed it,
我能感觉到她身上的莉亚公主
like I could feel Princess Leia in her, you know.
而且她对机器人的爱无与伦比
And she loves droids more than anything in the world.
薇薇安爱机器人
Vivien loves droids.
我们昨天拍了这几场…
We did those scenes yesterday…
我有四个女儿
I’ve got four children who are girls,
所以我对照顾女孩很有经验
so I’m familiar with the looking after of girl children.
但欧比王不是父亲
And although Obi’s not a father,
在影集中透过她带出他的这一面
that’s what she brings out of him through the arc of our series.
让他体会为人父的感觉 人生不只是为规则而活
A more paternal sense to him that life isn’t just about living by the book.
起初,他不信任她能照顾好自己
At first, he doesn’t trust her to be able to look after herself,
然后他渐渐明白她不只办得到
and then he slowly realizes she’s not only able to,
最后,她还能帮助大家脱困
but by the end she’s absolutely involved in the escape.
所以他终于信任她 她带出了他更人性的一面
So, he’s found a trust in her and she brings out a more human side to him.
《星际大战》可以让你
One thing that Star Wars does make you feel
感觉到与家人的连结
is you feel the connection to family.
我很喜欢这种电影,我的很多朋友说
I think a lot of these films, for me, and I think for a lot of people I know,
会跟家人一起看《星际大战》
Star Wars was something you saw with your family,
所以家人也包含在观影体验中
and so, your family sort of tied in to the experience of it.
让这麽多经典角色回归
One of the things that was really interesting in bringing back
很有趣的一点是他们熟悉这些角色
a lot of the legacy characters is that they know these characters.
他们和角色一起生活 活在大众的观点中
They have also lived with these characters and lived in the public perception,
多年来被视为角色本身
as being these characters for years.
海登就是安纳金天行者,他也明白这点
Hayden is Anakin Skywalker, and he knows this.
所以他们能带来全面的见解
So, to have them bring all that knowledge,
不只如此,更重要的是本能和情感
and it’s more than knowledge, it’s more instinct and emotional.
他们懂自己的角色怎样才对,这很珍贵
They just know what feels right for their characters. It’s invaluable.
我觉得这很像冥想的过程
It’s a very meditative process for me.
有时我的思绪不定 大多是想着待会要拍的戏
Sometimes my mind wanders, mostly about the scene we’re about to do.
安纳金和达斯维达的差别…
The difference between Anakin and Darth Vader…
安纳金完全消失了吗?
Is Anakin completely gone or not?
他彻底成为达斯维达 他被黑暗面全面吞噬
He is fully Darth Vader, he is fully consumed by the dark side,
但我会相信他的内心 始终保有一点安纳金
but I like to believe that there’s always a little bit of Anakin still in there.
如同乔治卢卡斯向我说的
As it was explained to me by George Lucas,
就算他变成达斯维达,就算他
even when he becomes Darth Vader, and even when he’s
彻底堕入黑暗面,他仍是天择人选
fully immersed in the dark side, he is still the Chosen One.
随着剧情发展 重点越趋向欧比王和维达
As the series goes on, it’s becoming more and more about Obi-Wan and Vader
和一场无可避免、即将发生的冲突
and about the inevitable collision that’s about to happen.
这时候,欧比王的力量全面恢复
At this point, Obi-Wan is at his full powers again
他很强大,内心终于平静下来
and he is strong and his mind is at peace finally
他明白必须面对维达
and he realizes that he has to meet Vader.
三、二、一、开演
Three, two, one, action!
我们看了很多前传的打斗
We looked at a lot of the prequel fighting,
因为我们想加以连结,展现其源头
’cause we wanted to tie into it to show this is sort of the origins
和他们受的训练
and this is how they are trained.
然后我们扩大规模,增加现代元素
And then we started to take it bigger and add some more modern elements to it.
双方对决,没人能取得制高点
And as the fight went on, nobody can get the high ground.
他们要打到至死方休
They will fight to the death, that’s how this is gonna go.
欧比王佔了上风
Obi-Wan gets the upper hand in the fight,
打破维达的面罩
and cracks Vader’s mask,
最后一次见到前徒弟的脸
sees his former apprentice one last time,
他试着唤醒安纳金,却遭到拒绝
tries to connect with Anakin and gets rejected.
这场戏令人心碎
So, it’s a heartbreaking scene.
我认为其中有接受的成分
I think there’s something about the acceptance,
他能杀了他,但他没下手