-我们的感情 -感情?
– Our relationship. – Relationship?
看看你自己
There you are.
你认为你真的懂性吗
Do you think you know everything about sex?
性的秘方是爱情
The secret ingredient to sex… is love.
对我而言爱情只是欲望加嫉妒罢了
For me, love was just lust with jealousy added.
其他的都是屁话
Everything else was total nonsense.
每一百起以爱情的名义犯下的罪行
For every hundred crimes committed in the name of love,
只有一起是以性的名义
only one is committed in the name of sex.
真是独特的见解
That’s quite a statement.
总之这事让我想要
Well, it all strengthened my wish
开始认真的学习
for a serious education.
格拉斯哥[英国城市]
Glasgow.
亚伯丁[苏格兰一郡]
Aberdeen.
你笑什么
Why are you smiling?
我只是在想象你的故事
Oh, I just pictured how an education
会传达出怎么样的一种教育
would be conveyed in your storytelling.
没什么好笑的
Well, that’s nothing to smile about.
抱歉
I understand that.
那你后来去学了什么
So what kind of education did you get?
我开始像我父亲一样开始学医
I began studying medicine like my father.
但我越来越难以学下去
But it was harder and harder for me to concentrate,
所以我学的越来越少就退学了
so I studied less and less till finally I dropped out.
然后我就开始找工作
So instead I began to look for a job.
事实证明工作很难找
It turned out it was hard to get a job
根本找不到有体面薪水的职位
that paid even halfway decently.
我根本什么都不会
I didn’t really know how to do anything,
所以我在申请
so I didn’t have high hopes
一家打印社助理时
when I applied for a position
也就没抱太大期望
as an assistant at a printing house.
能再多讲一些
So could you tell me a little bit more
你的背景吗
about your background?
教育背景
Education-wise.
我高中毕业
Oh. Well, I finished high school.
决定学医
and decided to study medicine…
但我没有毕业
But I didn’t finish.
我知道这份工作跟我学的东西没什么关系
I know it sounds a bit pointless coming here.
-是啊 -我真的很需要一份工作
– Right. – I just really need a job
我到处都试过了
and I’ve tried everywhere.
我一般不会因为别人需要工作
I don’t usually give jobs to people
就给他们工作
just because they need one.
那文秘技巧呢
What about secretarial skills?
你有吗
Do you have any of those?
没有 我以为做秘书不需要什么技巧
No, I didn’t think you needed skills.
你以为作为秘书
You didn’t think you needed skills
是不需要技巧的
for this position as a secretary?
是的
No.
你会拆信吗
Can you open an envelope?
会 我会拆信
Yeah, I– Yes, I think I can open an envelope.
很高兴听你这么说
Well, I’m glad to hear that.
我要去问问
I shall discuss this conversation
我的老板 杰罗姆先生
with Mr. Jerome, my boss.
你觉得我有机会吗
Do you think there’s a chance?
可能没有
I doubt it.
显然
Well, apparently
完全没有经验
having absolutely no experience
也足以担任这个职位
is absolutely fine for this job.
这份工作是你的了
You’ve got it.
意思是我明天开始上班吗
Does that mean I should start tomorrow?
是的 就是这样
Yeah, I suppose it does.
早上好
Good morning.
早
Right.
什么事
Yes?
-早上好 先生 -早上好
– Good morning, sir. – Good morning.
我想向你介绍一下
I just wanted to introduce you
我们新来的初级秘书 乔
to our new junior secretary. Joe?
你应该想跟她说一下工作职责吧
I believe you wanted to explain her work duties.
这位就是新来的初级秘书 先生
This is the new junior secretary, sir.
莉兹 能给我倒杯咖啡吗
Liz, can I have another coffee?
-当然 先生 -谢谢
– Yes, of course, sir. – Thank you.
杰罗姆
Jerome?
你的初恋
Your first love.
你一定没想到我能出人头地吧
I bet you didn’t think I’d make something of myself, right?
现在我却坐在这儿
And now here I sit,
M&J莫里斯有限责任公♥司♥的总裁
the director’s chair of M&J Morris Ltd.
是啊 确实出乎意料
Yes, quite surprising.
出乎意料
Surprising?
这是上帝的旨意
It’s a sign from God.
那次以后我经常想起你
You know, I’ve thought about you often since then.
你想起过我吗
Have you thought of me?
这位子通常都是我叔叔坐的
Usually, you know, my Uncle sits here.
但他胃有点不舒服
But he’s developed a bit of a tummy problem,
所以这会儿正在做水疗泡澡
so he’s at the spa, taking long baths,
大量饮水 真可怜
drinking lots of water. Poor guy.
没人知道要多久
And no one knows for how long,
所以我现在代表了M&J莫里斯有限责任公♥司♥中的J
so now I’m the J in M&J Morris Ltd.
怎么样
How about that?
我们印各种名片 信封之类的扯淡玩意儿
We print cards and envelopes and nonsense like that.
这行业真♥他♥妈♥复杂
It’s a bloody complicated business, you know.
我完全不懂
I don’t understand a word of it.
来吧 我带你四处逛逛 好吗
Come on, I’ll show you around. Yes?
-莉兹 -是 先生
– Liz? – Yes sir?
你在那儿呢 做得好
Oh, look, there you are. Good job.
每次你活干得漂亮
Every time you do a good job,
我就会说”做得好 莉兹”
I say, “Good job, Liz.”
-谢谢 先生 -她叫什么
– Thank you, sir. – What’s her name?
-莉兹 -做得好 莉兹
– Liz. – “Good job, Liz.”
-做得好 莉兹 -做得好 莉兹
– Good job, Liz. – Good job, Liz!
这位是鲍比
This is Bobby.
鲍比 来问个好 这位是乔
Bobby, say hello. This is Joe.
-你好 -他是印名片的
– Hello. – He does the business cards.
电梯停了
It stopped.
我♥操♥
Fuck.
是啊
Yes.
那不是个警铃[警告]吗
Well, isn’t there an alarm?
给谁的警告
To which?
-那不是个警铃吗 -警铃 对
– Isn’t there an alarm? – Alarm, all right, yes.
好想法 我来按
Good thinking. I’ll press this.
我看…
Imagine…
这些年来你还是这么漂亮
You look just as great all these years later.
别
Oh no.
不要
No.
不要
No?
-什么… -不 杰罗姆 这样不行
– Wha–? – No, Jerome, this won’t work.
-哪样不行 -这样
– Which won’t work? – This.
为什么不行
Why not?
你不是我喜欢的类型
You’re not really my type.
那就这样了吗
That’s how it’s gonna be?
-是的 -好吧
– Yes. – All right.
我♥操♥啊
Fuck’s sake.
好吧
Okay.
把手给我
Give me your hand.
我这个消防员握住你了
In a fireman’s grip.
-你还好吗 -还好
– You okay? – Yeah.
你为什么不跟他做♥爱♥
Why didn’t you have sex with him?
我也不知道
I’m not quite sure.
我上过很多傻瓜
I’ve shagged lots of idiots.
那他接着就辞退你了吧
I suppose he fired you then.
没有 如果他辞退了我
No. If he had fired me,
那他就输了
then he would’ve lost.
因为我不记得有谁划定过我的工作职责
As I didn’t recall anyone having defined my work duties,