Thirty-two-five-four. It’s a record! – Yes!
32秒54 创纪录了! – 好哎!
♪ We have no choice but to carry on ♪
除了坚持 别无选择
♪ Carry on ♪
坚持住
♪ Love is coming ♪
爱就会来到
Eight hours and three minutes. Yes!
8小时3分 非常好!
When you told me that thing,
你之前跟我说
what that Steve and that so-called doctor said
什么史蒂夫 还有什么所谓医生说的话
it just made me wanna do it more.
让我更想游了
Really?
真的?
Oh my God! – No.
天呐! – 没有
You sneaky little…
你这狡诈的小…
Now, that’s why you’re gonna be a terrific coach.
所以你才会是一个出色的教练
I don’t know the first thing about training a swimmer.
我对游泳训练根本一窍不通
You don’t need to. You’ll learn.
不需要通 可以学
I don’t know.
不好说啊
The whole… the whole Cuba thing,
古巴很难搞
with the visas and the logistics and the money.
签证 后勤 资金等各方面
I mean, it… it… uh, there’s sharks out there.
而且还有鲨鱼
I’ll handle all of it.
我全都会处理好
What about my clients?
那我的客户们呢?
Oh, I don’t know. – What about them?
我不知道 – 他们怎么办?
They’ll survive!
他们死不了!
Oh… You just gonna quit your sportscasting job?
你要把体育播报的工作辞掉?
Yes!
对!
Come on! No more sitting on the sidelines. I’ve had it.
不能再坐在边上看了 我受够了
Listen, Bonnie, I just know I can do it, okay?
听我说 邦妮 我知道我能完成 好吗?
And I wanna do it with you.
而且我要和你一起去做
I gotta do it with you. I couldn’t do it without you.
一定得和你一起 没有你 我完成不了
All right. Okay, I’m in.
好吧 我答应你
All right!
好哎!
Yes!
太好了!
Yes! – Yes!
好! – 好!
That’s it.

You’re at 52.
现在52
Fifty-two.
52
Good job.
很好
That’s it.

Keep going.
继续
I’m dealing with a swim in the open seawater.
在开放海域游
It’d be like fighting a heavyweight bout for two and a half days.
就像打重量级拳击赛 但时长是两天半
I feel like a panther myself. I feel like I’m very well trained.
我觉得自己就像一只黑豹 我觉得我训练得很好
No days off,
不能休息
to get myself in incredible muscular and cardiovascular shape.
要让我的肌肉和心血管达到巅峰状态
Expending so many calories.
能量消耗非常大
I eat anywhere from 3,000 to 4,000 calories every three hours.
我每三个小时摄入三 四千卡的能量
The physical strength and obviously, the mental courage are…
身体力量和精神勇气都…
If the seas remain calm,
如果海面风平浪静
she’ll still have to brave sharks and exhaustion
她还是得在水中 勇敢面对鲨鱼与疲惫的威胁
during her two and a half days in the water.
长达两天半的时间
Just outside Australia, they have the largest
澳大利亚附近海域
man-eating pelagic sharks in the world off Cuba,
有全世界除古巴以外的最大的食人远洋鲨
and I don’t take them lightly at all.
它们可不是好惹的
In Bhiwani, we saw a 14-foot shark.
在比米尼 我们见过一条四米多的鲨鱼
Hey, how long she gonna be?
哎 她还要游多久?
Uh, 8 hours and 31 minutes.
8小时31分
Ugh.

It’s a new fan.
又多了一个粉丝
I think it’s time we get outta Dodge.
我觉得咱们是该出发了
圣马丁
I hate to interrupt your conversation,
我不想打断你们说话
but, um, I… I just need an answer from you.
不过你得回答我
Did you contact that guy about the steel cage?
你有没有联♥系♥负责钢笼那个人?
Oh. Oh yeah.
噢 对
No, I’m not doing that again.
我不弄那个了
Excuse me?
你说什么?
Well, a shark cage makes it an aided swim.
用了防鲨笼就是辅助游泳
No, thanks.
谢了 不用
It’s just me and the ocean the whole way.
我全程自己游就行了
Well, when were you gonna tell me that?
你原本打算什么时候告诉我?
Yeah, I don’t want an asterisk next to my life’s greatest achievement.
我不希望 我一生最伟大的成就旁边有一个星号♥
But you know it’s never been done before. – Exactly.
但你知道以前从没这样做过 对吧? – 就是啊
I’ll be the first.
这样我就是第一个了
I’m the swimmer, Bon. It’s my call.
是我游 邦妮 我来决定
Hello? – Come in, come inside.
在吗? – 进来吧
Hello.
你好
Oh my gosh. – Anna!
哎呀! – 安娜!
I’m so excited to have you. – Thank you.
你们来真是太好了 – 谢谢
Bonnie, yes? – Bonnie.
邦妮 对吧? – 没错
Hello, I’m Diana. – She’s dying to meet you.
你好 我是戴安娜 – 她特别想见你
Here, I take. – Oh, that’s okay, I got it, I got it.
我来拿吧 – 没事 我自己拿
You know, I haven’t seen Nina in years,
我好多年没和妮娜见面了
but, uh, she and my mom still talk every week,
不过她和我妈每周都联♥系♥
and we always hear about you.
我们总会听到她提起你
Mm-hmm. – We’re so grateful.
嗯 – 我们非常感激
Thank you so much. – Yeah.
太感谢了 – 对
Our home is yours. – Our pleasure.
就当在自己家里 – 这是我们的荣幸
Isn’t it, Mia?
对吧 米娅?
The English Channel, for example, is 21 miles.
比如英吉利海峡宽34公里
I could swim that in seven and a half hours,
我可以在7个半小时内游完
even in the cold.
即便在寒冷的情况下也可以
Cuba is on another level.
古巴则是另一个层次
It’s 100 miles, or 60 hours,
160公里 60小时
of constant swimming.
连续游泳
Now, I can stop to get medical attention,
我可以停下接受医疗救治
I receive nourishment from my handlers,
可以从教练处获得食物补充
or just float and marvel at the dazzling universe above.
或者漂浮着 欣赏上方令人惊叹的宇宙
It’s just so cool.
简直太酷了
I’m this tiny speck
我是星辰下
floating under the stars,
漂浮着的一个小点
but I can’t stop or touch the boat,
但我不能停下或触碰船只
even to poop or pee.
哪怕是为了拉屎或撒尿都不行
Do you poop in the water?
你在水里拉屎吗?
Yes. I’ll get back to that.
对 我回头会说这个问题
But first, I should tell you about the cold,
首先我应该跟你们说一下寒冷的问题
the risk for hypothermia, but that’s not what I’m most afraid of.
体温过低的风险 但这不是我最害怕的
What are you most afraid of?
你最害怕的是什么?
Sea creatures.
海洋生物
In these very waters,
这片水域生活着
live some of the deadliest marine animals on Earth.
地球上一些最致命的动物
Forty-nine varieties of sharks,
49种鲨鱼
stingrays, man of war.
魟鱼 僧帽水母
And at night, you don’t even know they’re there.
夜里根本发现不了他们
It’s so dark you can barely see a few inches in front of your face,
非常暗 在你面前几厘米都看不清
and they’re right out there just waiting for us.
它们就在海里等着我们
Yes?
什么问题?
Here I am, 30 years later,
30年后 我来了
and I would love to see Pizza Hut emblazoned on my swimsuit
我很希望看到 我的泳衣印上必胜客的字样
as I traverse these…
和我一起横渡…
Yes. Your math is correct, I am 61,
对 你没算错 我今年61岁
but that’s the reason to do it, not the other…
但这正是去挑战的理由 而不是放弃的…
Well, of course you’re entitled to your opinion,
你当然可以有你自己的看法
but I can’t begin to tell you how incredibly wrong and shortsighted it is.
但我要告诉你 这样的想法大错特错且极为短视
First time, it was like taking candy from a baby.
第一次非常简单
I just… I strutted into Rocky Aoki’s office, the Benihana guy,
我昂首阔步走进 红花铁板烧老板青木广彰的办公室
and I heard he was into ocean stuff, so I just showed up,
我听说他对海洋感兴趣 所以我直接去了
and I walked out with this huge, like, lottery-sized check for $300,000.
然后就拿到了 彩票大奖一般的30万美元支票
You realize I’ve heard this story? – Yeah.
我听过这个故事 – 嗯
Right, like, 400 times. – It’s a good story.
听过大概400遍 – 这个故事很棒
Yeah, but now it’s like a giant-sized lottery check.
但现在成了一张巨大的彩票支票
Think he wants to invest again?
你觉得他会再赞助吗?
Actually, he’s dead.