不是为了挨自己人的刀子
…and be thwarted by a fellow countrymen.
怎么有点酸酸的 真是有失风度
That sounds like sour grapes. Very unbecoming.
下面的人认为你似乎是在故意跟我作对
To an outsider, it might appear like you were trying to sabotage me.
你居然让戈林在直接盘问环节大发议论
You gave Goring an open forum during direct examination.
我必须在交锋中控制他才行
l must be able to control him during cross.
听着 鲍
你今天状态不佳 接受这个事实吧
Just accept the fact that you weren’t at the top of your game today.
利用这个周末准备下一回合
You have the weekend to prepare for the next round.
好好把握
Make good use of it.
你不饿吗 -我兴奋的吃不下
Not hungry, sir? – l’m too excited to eat.
我听到我说的了吗
Did you hear what l said?
他问我为什么不辞职时我的回答
My reply when he asked me why l did not resign?
我教他什么是忠诚!
l lectured him about loyalty!
你真应该看看杰克逊的脸
You should have seen Jackson’s face.
他根本不懂什么是忠诚
lt was a completely foreign concept to him.
要是我不知道还以为他是个犹太人
lf l didn’t know better, l would say Jackson was a Jew.
不不 留着吧
No. Keep it.
上面刻着我的名字 瞧瞧
My initials, see? Engraved.
很漂亮
lt’s real nice.
我永远不会忘记
l’ll never forget this.
我知道少尉 我知道
l know, Leutnant. l know.
请坐
Sit down.
你知道吗 朋友们叫我泰克斯
You know, my friends call me Tex.
好的 泰克斯
All right, Tex.
让我告诉你 泰克斯
Let me tell you something, Tex.
美国很快就会发现他们的立场是错误的
America will soon learn that they are backing the wrong philosophy.
我们应该团结起来对付Communism
We should both be together fighting the forces of Communism.
是吗 -是的
You think? – Yeah.
你说呢
You think?
是的-对
Yeah. – Yeah.
我们想法一致 对吧 -是的
l think we both agree, no? – Yeah.
我要口述一份电报
l’d like to dictate a telegram.
致白宫 杜鲁门总统
President Truman, the White House.
“请接受我辞去纽伦堡审判首席检察官一职
”Please accept my resignation as Chief Prosecutor for the Nuremberg trials…
“同时任命继任者 越快越好–”
”…and appoint a replacement at the earliest possible– ”
我写不下去 我不能
l’m not writing this. l won’t.
你今天也看到了 我并不胜任
You saw today that l’m not up to this task.
为了尊严而留下来
l could stay, out of pride,
但会葬送我们努力的所有成果
and unravel everything……we’ve all worked so hard for.
如果我退出的话…
Or l can step aside–
鲍勃 你代表着审判
Bob, you are this trial.
审判的核心 审判的意义都源自于你
Everything it is, everything it represents, is from inside you.
以及你的想法 你的价值观
Your thoughts, your values.
可我今天失败了
l tasted failure today…
我知道这意味着什么不仅会影响我
…and realized what it would mean. Not only to myself…
还会影响所有参与的人
…but to everyone connected with this.
他们唯一能打败你的办法
The only way they can triumph over you…
就是比你拥有更强的价值观
…is if their values are stronger than yours.
让他们的信仰比你的更坚定
lf they believe in their ideals more than you believe in yours.
不是吗 鲍勃
ls that true, Bob?
难道赫尔曼‧戈林的信仰真的
Does Hermann Goring actually believe in his ideals…
比你的还要坚定吗
…more than you believe in yours?
你说得对
You’re right.
谢谢
And thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
听着 出现这种情况不全是你的错
Now, look here. What happened wasn’t entirely your fault.
天知道 面对一个狡猾的
God knows, l’d be hard-pressed to defeat a clever defendant…
可以随心所欲发言的被告我还能不能撑住
…who’s allowed to say whatever he wants for as long as he wants.
安慰我的客套话说完了 说实话吧
Now that you’ve finished with the niceties, let’s have the truth.
好吧 这事后果很严重 鲍勃
Well, it was very damaging, Robert.
一开始你就从道义的高度处理这次审讯
You’ve introduced this trial from a position of moral superiority.
结果你成了它的主要象征
And as a result, you’ve become its chief symbol.
如果你无法保持
lf you can’t maintain that…
或者稍有闪失的话那将是场灾难
…or if the balance shifts ever so slightly it could be a disaster.
赫尔曼‧戈林正是利用这次审讯
Hermann Goring is using this trial…
把自己塑造成希♥特♥勒♥一样的哲学家 政♥治♥家
…to present himself as a philosopher-statesman on Hitler’s level.
你把戈林当作政♥治♥家吗
Do you see Goring as a statesman?
当然不 他是千古罪人
No, l do not. l see him as reprehensible.
一个刽子手
As inhuman.
那就表现出来
Then treat him as such.
把他当作邪恶的 卑鄙的
Treat him as the vile, conniving…
冷血的法♥西♥斯♥杂种对待
…bloody fascist bastard that he is.
他到底在哪
Where the hell is he?
他就来
He’ll be here.
首席检察官 如果你已准备好了 请
Mr. Chief Prosecutor, if you are ready.
从一开始 你就计划把犹太人
From the very beginning, you regarded the elimination of the Jews…
从你所统治的经济生活中清除出去 是不是
…from the economic life of Germany as under your jurisdiction, did you not?
对 从经济生活中清除出去这种说法不完全正确
Yeah. The elimination from economic life, that is partly correct.
重工业 以及犹太人索控制的军工业
Large industries, also armament industries under Jewish directors.
那是你第一条对付犹太人的法令吗
Was that the first of your legal measures against the Jews?
我相信1933年的法令是第一条
l believe removal from office was first, in 1933.
接着 1936年 你亲手草拟的一份
Then, in 1936, you personally drafted an act…
法令规定把那些转移财产到海外的人处以死刑
…making it punishable by death to transfer property abroad?
是的
That is correct.
还有发生在1938年的反犹太暴♥乱♥中
And another that all damage caused to Jewish property…
犹太人所有的损失都
…by the anti-Jewish riots of 1938…
要自己承担 甚至他们所获得的保险赔款
…must be repaired by Jews at their own expense…
都要上缴给帝国政♥府♥
…with their insurance claims forfeited to the Reich.
我签署过类似法令但是不是就是这一条 我
l did sign a similar law. Whether it was exactly the same, l…
你是否就暴♥乱♥说过
And did you not say about those riots…
给你看看这份记录
l show you this transcript.
你是否说 “我宁可杀掉200个犹太人
Did you not say, ”l wish you had killed 200 Jews…
“也不会毁掉这些贵重物品”
”…instead of destroying such valuables”?
那是一时气氛和激动才说的话
That was said in a moment of bad temper and extreme excitement.
换句话说 就是由衷之言
Spontaneous sincerity, in other words.
你是否还在1940年9月亲自签署法令
Did you not also personally sign a decree in September, 1940…
没收波兰人的所有财产
…ordering seizure of all Jewish property in Poland?
我想是的 如果法令还在
l assume so, if the decree is there.
还有你是否签发命令禁止犹太人
And another, which provided that Jews receive no compensation…
对由敌军和德军造成的财产损失进行索赔
…for damages caused by enemy attacks or by German forces?
如果有我签名 那应该没错
lf the law bears my name, then it must be so.
这是你的签名吗
ls this your signature?
看样子像
lt appears to be.
是 或不是 你的签名
ls it, or is it not, your signature?

lt is.
你曾在
Your signature…
1941年7月在法令上签字
…on a decree dated July, 1941
要求希姆莱
asking Himmler…
和海德里希以及党卫军制定一项
…and Heydrich and the SS to make plans…
解决犹太人问题的”最后方案”
…for the ”final solution” of the Jewish question.
这样翻译是不准确的
That is not a proper translation.
我说的是”彻底”方案 不是”最后”方案
l said ”total” solution, not ”final” solution.
你对希姆莱是这么说的:
These are your words to Himmler:
“我命令你尽快向我提交一份详细的计划书
”l charge you to send me before long an overall plan concerning…
“说明所有解决犹太人问题的所有编制
”…the organizational, factual and material measures necessary…
“事实 以及重要的措施”
”…for the desired solution of the Jewish question.”
这是你签发给海德里希和希姆莱的命令的正确译文吗
ls that an accurate translation of this order from you to Heydrich and Himmler?
法令涉及犹太人迁移以及管理的重要问题
That had to do with emigration and evacuation of the Jews.
你是否让所有政♥府♥部门在解决犹太人
You ordered all government agencies to cooperate with the SS…
问题的最后方案上与党卫军合作
…in the final solution of the Jewish question.
这事与党卫军无关
There’s nothing in there about the SS.
这份文件可以证明你亲自下令所有政♥府♥部门
This document states you personally ordered all government agencies…
必须配合党卫军
…to cooperate with the SS.
你把这份文件交给了党卫军副总指挥海德里希
You sent this letter to SS Gruppenfuhrer Heydrich.
这不能证明党卫军参与了解决犹太人问题的最后方案
That doesn’t mean that the SS had anything to do with the solution……to the Jewish question.
请你再重复一遍
Would you mind repeating that?
我已经说得很清楚了
l must say this clearly.
我对所有发生的事情
l did not know anything that took place…
以及后来发生在集中营的事一无所知
…or the methods that were used in the concentration camps later.
那些对我而言是秘密
These things were kept secret from me.
而且我