你们俩之间有什么矛盾
ls there rivalry between the two of you?
他以纳粹身份为耻 我不是
He is ashamed of being a Nazi. l’m not.
他想让别人也有那种羞耻感
He wishes to infect the others with his shame.
你不觉得羞耻吗
You have no shame?
全世界都看到了纳粹德国犯下的罪行
The world has now seen proof of the horrors committed by Nazi Germany.
你却心甘情愿为它辩护
You are comfortable defending it?
那些罪行我见得多了第一次世界大战的屠♥杀♥
l’ve seen so many horrors already. The carnage of the First War…
成千上万的同胞受伤 致残 挨饿
…thousands of my countrymen maimed, degraded, starved.
不 我亲爱的医生
No, my dear doctor.
我不是草菅人命没人性的怪兽
l am not an inhuman monster who has no regard for human life.
对那些暴行我并非无动于衷
These atrocities are not indifferent to me.
但是说我们犯下
You know, we are accused of so many appalling acts…
罄竹难书的罪行我不能接受
…it is hard to keep track.
你不想 -我只关心战争
Did you try? – My concern was war.
战争中 每个国家只考虑自己的利益
And in war, each nation has its own selfish interest.
做事讲实际
You have to be practical.
我是个实际的人 也是军人
l am a practical man. And l’m a soldier.
军人的天职是服从
And a soldier’s code is obedience.
服从
Obedience.
你觉得好笑吗
This amuses you?
不负责任的盲从
Blind obedience without responsibility.
难道这个国家没有人
ls there nobody in this country…
愿意站出来承担责任吗 没有人愿意说不吗
…that will take responsibility for anything? Nobody who can say no?
看看这儿的牢房♥ 能看到什么
Take a look at every cell in this block. What do you see?
服从者
Yes men.
所有说不的人早就入土了
All the no men are six feet underground.
这算什么
What is this?
你不是犹太人 对吧
You’re not Jewish, are you?
我是
Yes. l am.
我明白了
l see.
这次谈话对我们而言
This is a very interesting situation.
太有趣了
For both of us.
祝你好运 老小子
Good luck, old boy.
他打算怎么做
So, what’s his plan?
不知道
l haven’t a clue.
请证人跟我重复以下誓词
Will the witness repeat this oath after me?
“我向全知全能的上帝发誓”
”l swear by God the Almighty and Omniscient…”
我向全知全能的上帝发誓
l swear by God the Almighty and Omniscient…
“我将说出全部真♥相♥
”…that l will speak the pure truth…
“不做保留也不夸大”
”…and will withhold and add nothing.”
我将说出全部真♥相♥不做保留也不夸大
That l will speak the pure truth and will withhold and add nothing.
首席检察官先生
Mr. Chief Prosecutor?
你应该意识到你是唯一活着的
You are perhaps aware that you are the only living man…
能向我们解释
…who can expound to us…
纳粹党真正目的和纳粹领导层内♥幕♥的人
…the true purposes of the Nazi Party and the inner workings of its leadership.
我非常清楚
l am perfectly aware of that.
你从一开始
You, from the very beginning…
就和你的同党们一起
…together with those who you were associated with…
企图推♥翻♥ 而后来也确实推♥翻♥了
…intended to overthrow, and later on did overthrow…
德国前政♥府♥ 魏玛共和国政♥府♥
…Germany’s previous government, the Weimar Republic?
那是我坚定的志向
That was my firm intention.
在你们上台之后你们立即废除了德国之前的
And upon coming to power you immediately abolished parliamentary…
议会民♥主♥管理体制
…democratic government in Germany.
我们认为那已经不适用了
We found it no longer to be necessary.
你们是否将犯人直接投入
ls it not true that people were subsequently thrown…
集中营而不经过法律审判
…into concentration camps without recourse from the courts?
两类犯人必须分开对待
You must distinguish between two categories.
那些实际背叛新政♥府♥的人
Those who had committed a treason against the new state…
自然交由法庭审判
…were turned over to the courts.
而那些企图推♥翻♥政♥府♥
Others, of whom one might expect such acts…
而又尚未行动的人
…but who had not yet committed them…
比如说那些攻击我们
…such as functionaries of the Communist Party…
的共♥产♥党人–
…who were attacking us–
你已经回答了我的问题
You answered the question.
我想进一步解释
l need to explain further.
等会你的律师询问时
You’ll have the opportunity to explain…
你会有机会做出解释
…under re-examination from your own counsel.
你是否为了实施所谓「保护性监禁」
Did you prohibit all court review of the cause for taking people…
而禁止法庭复审任何案件
…into what you were calling ”protective custody”?
我已经回答得很清楚了
That l answered very clearly, but l’d like to make an explanation…
但是我想就我的回答做进一步的解释
…about my answer.
你的律师会帮你的 关于集中营…
Your counsel will see to that. About the camps–
杰克逊检察官
Mr. Justice Jackson.
本庭认为证人有权对他
The Tribunal thinks the witness must be allowed to make…
的证词作出解释 如果他认为有必要的话
…what explanation he thinks right in answer to this question.
既然法庭认为你有权
The Tribunal thinks that you should be permitted…
对你的回答作出解释
…to explain your answer now…
那我们就听听你的解释
…and it will listen to that explanation.
我想说的是我曾签发法令
l want to say that l issued a decree…
规定允许那些将被送往集中营的人
…that those who were turned over to the concentration camps…
可以在裁决后24小时内接到通知
…should be informed after 24 hours of the reason…
并在48小时内聘请律师
…and allowed an attorney after 48 hours.
这一法令恰好说明我并没有做过
This by no means rescinded my order that a court review…
任何禁止法庭复审的事情
…of these measures was not permitted.
那么你所谓的”保护性监禁”
By ”protective custody” you mean…
是指你相信那些被监禁的人
…taking people in custody who had not yet committed a crime…
很有可能在未来犯罪是吗
…but you believed might commit a crime in the future?
是的 就像现在德国境内不也实施了大范围的保护性
Yes, just as extensive protective measures are being taken in Germany today–
我不是问你现在的德国
l didn’t ask you about Germany today.
杰克逊检察官
Mr. Justice Jackson.
他准备的太不充分了
This is poor preparation.
请让证人说完解释
The witness may finish his explanation.
你说你曾经反对德国出兵苏联
You say that you were against the attack on Soviet Russia.
但是你没有警告德国人♥民♥
Yet you gave no warning to the German people.
也没有对出兵苏联施加压力
You brought no pressure to bear to prevent it.
你甚至没有用辞职来表明你的立场
You did not even resign to protect your place in history.
在战争时期 这种不同的立场不宜公开
We were at war, and such differences of opinion could not be brought…
因为那是全民性的战争
…before the public during war.
你的国家也会这么做
This was the case in your own country.
至于你的第二个问题—说够了
Your second question– – That’ll suffice.
我还没完 第二点
l’m not finished. Secondly…
法官大人
Your Honor, please.
证人有权利继续陈述
The witness must be allowed to have his say.
至于说到我的辞职问题
As far as my resignation…
我不愿意提及
…l do not wish even to discuss that…
因为作为一名军官 一名军人
…for l was an officer, a soldier.
我要忠于国家
l served my country.
但我问你的是—第三点–
l ask you– – Thirdly–
法官大人!
Your Honor, please!
第三点
Thirdly…
我不是那种人
…l was not the man to forsake someone…
不是那种因为意见不合就背叛
…to whom l had given my oath of loyalty…
我发誓效忠对象的那种人
…every time he was not to my way of thinking.
法官大–
Your Honor–
我从没有 从没想过背叛我的元首
lt never, ever occurred to me to leave the Fuhrer.
证人对本法庭以及本次审讯
The witness is adopting a contemptuous attitude…
态度轻蔑-反对 法官大人!
…toward this Tribunal…
然而他从未给任何生者接受审讯的机会
…which is giving him trial that he never gave a living soul…
连死者也没有!
…nor dead ones either!
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor.
我可以继续回答你下一个问题
l’m ready for the next question.
我认为今天的审讯可以到此为止了
l think this is probably a good point to adjourn for the day.
这些法官真是的
Tough calls from the bench.
别沮丧 这只是第一回合
Well, it’s only Round One.
如果你需要帮助 还有我
lf you think you need anything, don’t forget, l’m here.
这个周末 所有的旁听者都认为
As the week ends, there’s a consensus among all present…
似乎是赫尔曼‧戈林在控制着法庭的局势
…that Hermann Goring now appears to be in control of the court.
那么杰克逊 或是任何人能阻止他吗
Will Jackson? Will anyone be able to stop him?
怎么 鲍勃
Yes, Bob?
你知道 法官 我离开最高法♥院♥到这来
You know, Judge, l didn’t leave the Supreme Court to come here…