– Bye. – Bye.
这酸奶坏了吧
There’s something wrong with this yogurt.
那不是酸奶 那是蛋黄酱
It’s not yogurt. It’s mayonnaise.
好吧 怪不得
Oh, right. There we are then.
晚上一起看录像吗
On for a videofest tonight?
我有些珍藏
I got some absolute classics.
-笑一个 -不
– Smile. – No.
-笑一个嘛 -没什么值得我笑的
– Smile. – I’ve got nothing to smile about.
好吧
Okay.
大概七秒后
In about seven seconds,
我会向你求婚
I’m going to ask you to marry me.
想象一下
Imagine.
这世上有个男人可以吻她
Somewhere in the world there’s a man who’s allowed to kiss her.
的确 她很…
Yes, she is, uh,
很美
fairly fabulous.
旅游书店
-你这里有狄更斯的书吗 -没有
– Do you have any books by Dickens? – No.
不好意思 我们是旅游书店
No, I’m afraid we’re a travel bookshop.
我们只卖♥♥旅游类书籍
We only sell travel books.
好吧 那你们有约翰·格里森姆的惊悚小说吗
Oh, right. How about the new John Grisham thriller?
没有 因为那…那书算是小说 对吧
Well, no, ’cause that’s, uh… that’s a novel too, isn’t it?
也对
Oh, right.
那你们有《小熊维尼》吗
Have you got Winnie the Pooh?
马丁 你来招呼这位客人
Martin, your customer.
有什么可以帮到你的吗
Uh, can I help you?
就随口问一下
Just, um, incidentally,
为什么 你要穿成这样
uh, why… are you wearing that?
混搭风 并且我没其他干净衣服了
Combination of factors really. Uh, no clean clothes.
如果你不洗衣服
There never will be, you know,
永远都不会有洗干净的衣服
unless you actually clean your clothes.
没错 恶性循环
Right. Vicious circle.
我就是随便翻翻你的东西
And I was, like, rooting around in your things…
然后找到了这件 觉得还挺不错的
and I found this, and I thought “Cool.”
有点 太空风格
Kinda… spacey.
护目镜感觉有点问题
There’s something wrong with the goggles, though.
不是的 因为那是带度数的
No, they were, um, prescription.
-有意思 -那样我才能看清水里所有的鱼
– Groovy. – So I could see all the fishes properly.
你应该多玩玩这些
You should do more of this stuff.
-今天有留言吗 -我记下来了两条
– So, look, any messages today? – Yeah, I wrote a couple down.
所以就是两条 两条消息 对吗
So there were two. There were two messages? Right?
你想让我把所有留言都记下来吗
You want me to write down all your messages?
好吧 那谁的留言你没有记下来
Okay, who are the ones that you didn’t write down from?
完全记不起来了
No. Gone completely.
不 有一条是你妈妈打来的
Oh, no. There was one from your mum.
她说别忘了吃午饭 并且她的腿又疼了
She said don’t forget lunch, and her leg’s hurting again.
-没有其他人的了 -绝对没有了
– No one else? – Absolutely no one else.
不过如果真的要说
Though if we’re going for this
把所有留言都记下来的话
obsessive writing down all the message thing,
几天前有个叫安娜的美国姑娘曾来过电♥话♥
some American girl called Anna called a few days ago.
-她说了什么 -特别奇怪
– What did she say? – Well, it was genuinely bizarre.
她说 你好 我是安娜
She said, “Hi. It’s Anna.”
然后她说 打电♥话♥到丽思酒店找我
Then she said, “Call me at The Ritz”…
然后报上一个完全不同的名字
and then gave herself a completely different name.
-什么名字 -我不记得了
– Which was? – Absolutely no idea.
记住一个名字就够难了
Remembering one name’s hard enough.
不 我知道 她是那样说的
No, l… I know that. She… She said that.
我知道她用的是化名
I know she’s using another name.
问题是 她是给我室友留言的
The problem is she left the message with my flatmate…
那真是大错特错
which was a very serious mistake.
我不知道怎么形容 想像一下
Um, I don’t know. Imagine, if you will,
你见过的最蠢的人
the stupidest person you’ve ever met.
你在想象吗
Are you doing that?
是的 先生 我想象到了
Yes, sir, I have him in my mind.
把你脑海中那个人的愚蠢翻上一倍
And now double it. And that is the, um… what can I say…
就是和我住在一起的饭桶
the git that I am living with.
他想不起来
And he can’t remember…
-试试弗林斯通 -不好意思 你说什么
– Try Flintstone. – I’m sorry, what?
她说的化名好像是弗林斯通
I think she said her name was Flintstone.
我…我想问问
I don’t… I don’t suppose,
你那边有叫弗林斯通的客人吗
um, Flintstone rings any bells, does it?
-我这就帮你转接 先生 -我的天呐
– Oh, I’ll put you right through, sir. – Oh, my God.
你好
Hello. Hi.
-你好 -喂
– Hi there. – Hello?
你好
Hi.
-不好意思 我是威廉·瑟克 -什么事
– Sorry. It’s William… Thacker. – Yes?
我们 我在书店工作
Um, we… I work in a bookshop.
你可真会耍酷
You played it pretty cool there,
等了三天才打给我
waiting for three days to call.
不是的 我保证
Oh, no, I promise you
我这辈子从来不耍酷
I’ve never played anything cool in my entire life.
我室友 回头我会捅死他的
My flatmate, who’ll I’ll stab to death later,
没有告诉我你的留言
never gave me the message.
我不知道 也许
I don’t know. Perhaps, um,
一会儿我可以过去喝杯茶什么的
I could drop round for tea later or something.
我现在很忙
Things are pretty busy here.
-我大概4点有空 -好的 非常好
– I might be free around 4:00. – Right. Right. Great.
-拜拜 -好的 拜拜
– Bye. – Yea… Bye.
太棒了
Classic.
太棒了
Classic.
-你要到哪层 -三层 麻烦你了
– Which floor? – Three, please.
你确定是这里
Are you sure this is…
是的 我确定
Oh, yeah. Yeah. Sure.
我是凯伦 你好
I’m Karen. Hi.
抱歉 进度要比预期稍微晚一点
I’m sorry. Things are running a little bit late.
螺旋
拿着这个 到这边来
Here’s the, thing. Do you wanna come this way?
从这边走
Through here.
你觉得电影如何
So what did you think of the film?
精彩极了 我觉得它就像是
Yeah, I thought it was fantastic. I thought it was, uh,
《第三类接触》与《恋恋山城》的结合体
Close Encounters meets Jean de Florette.
我同意
I agree.
不好意思 我不记得你是哪家杂♥志♥社的
I’m sorry. I didn’t get down what magazines you’re from.
-《暂停》周刊 -很好
– Time Out. – Great.
你是哪家杂♥志♥的
And you’re from?
马与猎犬
《马与猎犬》
Horse & Hound.
名字是威廉·瑟克
The name’s William Thacker. I think,
事实上 她可能在等我
actually, she might be expecting me.
好的 请坐 我会去核实一下
Oh, okay. Take a seat and I’ll go check.
我看到你给她带了花
I see you’ve, uh… I see you’ve brought her some flowers.
不是的
No.
这是给我奶奶买♥♥的
These are for my, um, grandmother.
她恰好在这条路上的医院里住院
She’s in a hospital just down the road.
我想着能一石二鸟呢
Thought I’d kill two birds with one stone, you know.
是啊 不错
Sure, right. Absolutely. Yeah. Yeah.
哪家医院
Which hospital’s that?
你介意我不说吗
Do you mind me not saying?
她得了一种令人痛苦的病
It’s a rather distressing disease.
-医院名会暴露病名的 -好的
– Name of the hospital kind of gives it away. – Absolutely. Sure.
-谢谢 -是的
– Cheers. – Ooh, yes.
瑟克先生 请你到这边来
Right, Mr. Thacker. Will you come this way.
好的
Right.
你有五分钟的时间
You’ve got five minutes.
你好
Hello.
我带了花 但是显然
I brought these, but clearly…
没事的 这花很好看
No, they’re great. They’re great.
我很抱歉没有回电
Ah, listen, I’m sorry about not ringing back.
同时用了真名和化名这种事
The whole “two-names concept”…
对于我室友豌豆大小的脑子来说太复杂了
was totally too much for my flatmate’s pea-sized intellect.
没事 这就是一种愚蠢的保密措施
No, it’s a stupid privacy thing.
我总是选用卡♥通♥人物的名字
I always pick a… cartoon character.
上次我用的是斑比夫人
Last time I was Mrs. Bambi.