待会儿见
I’ll see you in a sec.
抱歉
I’m sorry about that.
没关系
No, it’s fine.
我本来打算偷一本的 现在改变主意了
I was gonna steal one, but now I’ve changed my mind.
还有作者签名啊 好吧
Signed by the author, I see.
是的 我拦都拦不住
Yeah, couldn’t stop him.
你要是能找到一本未签名版的
If you can find an unsigned one,
那可就值钱了
it’s worth an absolute fortune.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
-怎么 -你能给我签个名吗
– Yes? – Can I have your autograph?
当然可以
Sure.
给
Here.
-你叫什么 -鲁弗斯
– What’s your name? – Rufus.
你写的是什么
What does it say?
这是我的签名
That’s my signature.
上面写的是”亲爱的鲁弗斯 你该坐牢”
And above it, it says, “Dear Rufus, you belong in jail.”
不错
Good one.
你想要我的电♥话♥号♥码吗
Do you want my phone number?
很诱人
Tempting.
不过不用了 谢谢
But… no. Thank you.
我买♥♥这本
I will take this one.
好的 那么…
Oh, right, right. So, uh…
现在想来 这本书其实也没那么烂
Well, on second thoughts, um, maybe it’s not that bad after all.
实际上 还算经典
Actually, it’s a sort of a classic, really.
没提到过任何幼稚的烤肉故事
None of those childish kebab stories
毕竟现在大多数书里都会提到
you find in so many books these days.
不如这样吧
And, um, I tell you what.
我白送你这本书
I’ll throw in one of those for free.
可以用来生个火
Useful for, uh, lighting fires,
或包个鱼之类的
wrapping fish, that sort of thing.
-谢谢了 -不客气
– Thanks. – Pleasure.
你点的卡布奇诺咖啡
Cappuccino, as ordered.
谢谢
Thanks.
你一定不敢相信刚刚谁来店里了
I don’t think you’ll believe who was just in here.
是谁
Who?
名人吗
Was it someone famous?
-不 不是 -不是吗
– No, no, no. – No?
那得多让人激动 是吧
Would be exciting, though, wouldn’t it,
真要是名人来了的话
if someone famous came into the shop?
你知道吗 这事说起来真的很神奇
Do you know… and this is pretty amazing, actually…
但我有次遇到了林戈·斯塔尔[披头士乐队]but I once saw Ringo Starr.
-在哪遇到的 -肯辛顿大街
– Where was that? – Kensington High Street.
起码我觉得那是林戈
At least I think it was Ringo.
也可能是《屋顶上的提琴手》里的那个男的
It might have been that man from Fiddler on the Roof.
-就是托比 -是托波吧
– You know, Toppy. – Topo!.
没错 托波
Yes, that’s right. Topo!.
林戈·斯塔尔实际上…
Actually, Ringo Starr doesn’t…
跟托波长得一点都不像
doesn’t look at all like, uh, Topo!.
也是 但他 当时离我很远
Yeah, but he was… he was quite a long way away from me.
所以可能不是他们任何一个
So actually it could’ve been neither of them.
我觉得那也是可能的
Yes, I suppose so, yes.
-不算是典型的趣事吧 -不算 的确
– It’s not a classic anecdote, is it? – Not a classic, no. No.
-再来一杯吗 -好 不了
– Another one? – Yes. No.
疯狂一把吧 我要橙汁
Let’s go crazy. I’ll have an orange juice.
-好的 谢谢 再见 -回见
– Okay, thanks. Bye-bye. – See you later.
该死
Shit!
-我的天啊 -糟糕 对不起 真对不起
– Oh, my God! – Bugger! I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.
-来 我来… -手拿开
– Here. Let me… – Get your hands off!
真的很抱歉 我就住在街尾
I’m really sorry. I live just over the street.
我那里有水 肥皂 你可以洗干净
I have, um, water and soap. You can get cleaned up.
不用了 谢谢 我只想找到我的车
No, thank you. I just need to get my car back.
我那里也有电♥话♥ 五分钟之内…
I also have a phone. I’m confident that in five minutes…
等你再站到这条街上 肯定能干干净净的
we could have you spick-and-span and back on the street again.
不是说你是站街妓♥女♥ 不是那个意思
In the non-prostitute sense, obviously.
好吧…”就在街尾”具体是多远
All right. Well… What do you mean, “Just over the street”?
距离有多少码
Give it to me in yards.
18码[约16.5米] 我家就在那边 蓝色大门
Uh, 18 yards. That’s my house there with the blue front door.
请进 我就…就…
Come on in. I’ll just… I’ll just…
好了 请进吧
Right. Right. Come in.
恐怕不如平时那么整洁
It’s, um, not quite as tidy as it normally is, I fear.
但…浴室在楼上
But, um… The bathroom’s on the top floor.
电♥话♥就…就在那
And the telephone’s just… just up here.
给我吧 我来
Here. Let… Let me, um…
拐过去 直接走…走上楼
Um, round the corner. Straight on… straight on up.
糟糕
Bugger.
要喝一杯茶再走吗
Would you like a cup of tea before you go?
不用了
No.
咖啡呢
Coffee?
不用了
No.
橙汁呢
Orange juice?
我估计也是不用 还有什么冷饮
Probably not. Um, something else cold.
可乐 水
Coke? Water?
或者恶心的含糖饮料
Some disgusting sugary drink…
假装富含天然水果成分
pretending to have something to do with fruits of the forest?
-不用了 -还是你想吃点什么
– No. – Would you like something to eat?
小零食吃着玩
Uh, something to nibble?
蜜饯杏肉
Um, apricots soaked in honey?
没人知道为什么要这么做
Quite why, no one knows,
因为这让它们尝起来不太像是杏了…
because it stops them tasting of apricots…
而是像蜂蜜
and makes them taste like honey,
可要是想吃蜂蜜
and if you wanted honey,
直接买♥♥蜂蜜就好了 何必买♥♥杏
you’d just buy honey instead of… apricots.
但不管怎样 这东西就是存在
Um, but nevertheless, there we go there.
你要是想吃的话 都是你的
They’re yours if you want them.
不了
No.
你对任何事都说不吗
Do you always say “No” to everything?
不
No.
我该走了
I’d better be going.
谢谢你的帮助
Thanks for your, uh, help.
不客气
You’re welcome.
有句话我可以说吗 我很开心
And, uh, may I also say, um, heavenly.
我还是趁机说了吧
I’ll just take my one chance to say it.
毕竟看完那本糟糕的书
After you’ve read that terrible book,
你肯定不会再去我们书店了
you’re certainly not going to be coming back to the shop.
谢谢你
Thank you.
没事 乐意之至
Yeah. Well, my pleasure.
话说…
So…
见到你很开心
it was nice to meet you.
很不真实 但很开心
Surreal but, um… but nice.
不好意思
Sorry.
“不真实但开心” 我在想些什么
“Surreal but nice”? What was I thinking?
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
-我买♥♥的东西忘带走了 -对哦 好吧
– I forgot my other bag. – Oh, right. Right.
谢谢
Thanks.
我得为刚刚那句”不真实但开心” 向你道歉
I’m very sorry about the “Surreal but nice” Comment.
说得太糟糕了
Disaster.
没关系
That’s okay.
我觉得那个蜜饯杏肉才是最尴尬的
I thought the apricot and honey thing was the real low point.
天呐 是我的室友
Oh, my God. My flatmate.
真对不起 他这人简直不可理喻
I’m sorry. There’s no excuse for him.
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
我先去厨房♥找点吃的
I’m just going into the kitchen to get some food.
然后我要跟你讲个故事
Then I’m gonna tell you a story
能把你的蛋吓得萎缩成葡萄干
that will make your balls shrink to the size of raisins.
今天的事最好别跟任何人说
Probably best not to tell anyone about this.
好的 谁也不说
Right. Right. No one.
我应该会偶尔对自己说说
I mean, I’ll tell myself sometimes.
但别担心 我自己也不会信的
But don’t worry. I won’t believe it.
-再见 -再见