我想应该没事
Okay, I guess.
打扰一下 请问是瑞秋·阿姆斯特朗吗?
Excuse me. Rachel Armstrong?
- 是的u3000- 我是联邦法警琼斯
- Yes.u3000- I’m Deputy U.S. Marshal Jones.
你有一张两小时内
I have a summons for you
接受地区法♥院♥传召的传票
to appear in US District Court in two hours.
- 不 不 不u3000- 不是两个星期吗?
- No, no, no.u3000- What happened to two weeks?
嘿
Hey!
我是艾夫林·爱瑞森
I’m Avril Aaronson,
- 太阳报社的法律顾问u3000- 哦 是的
- counsel to the Capital Sun Times.u3000- Oh, yeah,
去年我读过你写的关于瑟拉斯特事件的文章
I read your amicus brief on the Celeste matter last year.
她能够当庭释放都是你的功劳 真的
I think you could take credit for her release. I really do.
我了解所有的审理过程 但是这个?
I understand all the theatrics up until now, but this?
这简直太快了 太恶劣了
This is too fast. This is outrageous,
这是违反
and we’re getting into some pretty serious
第五修正案相关条例的
Fifth Amendment issues here.
听着 艾夫林 现在有个叛徒逍遥法外
Look, Avril, there’s a traitor out there
泄露CIA特工的身份
revealing the names of CIA operatives.
我觉得应该尽快
Now, I think we should
把这种人绳之于法 你不觉得吗?
get somebody like that out tout de suite. Don’t you?
我会请来阿伯特·伯恩赛德
We’re bringing in Albert Burnside.
我会回家拿我的签名本让他给我签名
I’ll have to go home and get my autograph book, then.
别担心 这不是问题
Don’t worry about it. It’s not a problem.
早就算在太阳报社的预算经费里了
It’s already in the Sun Times budget.
嗨 艾夫林
Hi, Avril.
嘿 阿伯特 谢谢你能来
Hey, there he is. Albert, thanks for coming.
这是瑞秋·阿姆斯特朗
This is Rachel Armstrong.
- 很高兴见到你u3000- 嗨 我也是
- Glad to meet you.u3000- Hi, me, too.
嘿 我是雷 瑞秋的丈夫
Hey, I’m Ray, Rachel’s husband.
为什么这一切发生得那么快
Why is this happening so fast?
艾夫林告诉我在公审之前我们应该有几周时间的
Avril said it’d be weeks until I went before a judge.
迪布瓦先生想在媒体报道之前
Well, Mr. Dubois wants to get this done
把一切都搞定
before the press catches up.
没关系的 媒体只会把事情复杂化
It’s okay. The press can just complicate things.
我们要想方设法不让你进监狱
Let’s concentrate on keeping you out of jail.
监狱? 你是说… 什么时候?
Jail? What do you… When?
您在请求诉讼延期吗?
You’re gonna ask for a continuance?
是的 当然
Yeah. Sure. Sure.
我也遇到过这种事 霍尔法官是个好人
Look, I’ve been through this. Judge Hall is a good egg.
我们还交换过圣诞卡片
We exchange Christmas cards.
他今天肯定不会把你送进监狱的
He’s certainly not gonna jail you today.
- 天呐u3000- 雷 别紧张
- Jesus Christ.u3000- Ray, relax.
如果阿伯特可以这么冷静 我们也可以 对吧
I mean, if Albert’s this calm, then we can be, too. Right?
我们五分钟后出庭
We’ll be out of here in five minutes.
然后我们坐下喝杯浓咖啡
Then we’ll get a cup of joe
然后为保护你
and we’ll strategize how we can protect you
保护这个国家的宪法和民♥主♥
and the constitution and democracy itself
而出谋划策了
for generations to come.
这是希尔瑞(服装品牌)是吗?
That’s a Theory, right?
- 是的u3000- 很有品位
- Yeah.u3000- It’s classy.
谢谢 西装很漂亮
Thanks. Nice suit.
这不是西装 这是杰尼亚手工缝制的 高档面料
It’s not a suit. It’s a Zegna. Hand stitched, 15 mil mil 15.
你穿的是什么?
What’s that you’re wearing?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我可以把我的裁缝介绍给你
I’m putting you in touch with my tailor.
你穿杰尼亚的时候就会知道自己穿的是什么
You always know when you’re in a Zegna.
3号♥法庭
Court room three.
尊敬的法官大人
Your Honor, this morning,
今天早上阿姆斯特朗小姐出席了大陪审团的审理
Miss Armstrong appeared before the grand jury.
我已经将记录呈给您了
I furnished you with the transcripts.
我们要求她说出
And as you know, she was asked
那个非法泄露CIA特工身份
to reveal the name of the source who provided her,
也就是
quite possibly illegally,
被披露的那个情报的情报人
with secret information revealing the…
打断一下 法官大人 我可否陈述下我的观点?
Excuse me, Your Honor. If I may?
可以
Yes.
- 可以吗?u3000- 没问题
- All right?u3000- It’s perfectly okay with me.
法官大人 我刚刚见了我的当事人
Your Honor, I just met my client.
我希望您能延后审理一周
I ask you to continue this matter for, say, a week,
这样我们就能理清事情的来龙去脉了
so we can get our bearings here.
先来理清我的头绪 为什么我们不现在就开始?
Let me get my bearings first. Why don’t we proceed for now?
那就如您所愿 法官大人
Well, here’s how it is, Your Honor.
迪布瓦先生会说我当事人
Mr. Dubois will say that my client was asked to
在被要求说出她的情报人时不配合
name her source and that she won’t do so,
因此 你们需要使些强硬手段
and, thus, you should compel her.
他会说我的当事人
He’ll say that the information
得到了高度机密的信息
that my client received is highly classified
陪审团有权知道情报人身份
and the GJ is entitled to know the name of the source
并将其绳之以法
and to find it out.
他还会说没有相关的联邦法律能保护我的当事人
He’ll also say that there’s no federal shield law protecting her
第一修正案也不起作用
and that there’s no First Amendment protection, either,
因为这件事和所谓的国♥家♥安♥全♥有关
because this is a matter of, quote-unquote, national security.
迪布瓦先生 他说的是事实吗
Is that about right, Mr. Dubois?
事实上 大概就是这样
In fact, that’s it in a nutshell.
我们坚持认为第一修正案
We contend that the First Amendment
应该保护瑞秋·阿姆斯特朗
does protect Rachel Armstrong.
我非常了解这类案件
I’m well aware of cases in this circuit
它们通常的争论点是…
in which this contention is…
我了解这类案件
Well, I am aware of those cases in this circuit,
陪审团不会允许她
and they do not authorize her
拒绝回答相关问题的
to refuse to respond to these questions.
你们三个现在过来
Why don’t the three of you come up here right now?
瑞秋 过来 去吧
Rachel, Rachel, come on. Come on up.
站到法官前面
Over here to where the bench is.
阿姆斯特朗小姐 我想提醒你
Miss Armstrong, I want you to understand
如果我要求你说出你的情报人
that if I should order you to reveal your source,
如果你不配合 你将会因为蔑视法庭罪
that if you don’t do so, I’m gonna hold you in contempt of court
而被监禁 直到你…
and that you will be jailed until you…
请等一下 法官大人
Hold on, Your Honor.
您是否可以考虑延期开庭
Can you rule, please, on my request for a continuance?
我对于这项动议予以否认
Right. I’m gonna deny that motion.
我只希望能延后数日 法官
I’m only asking for a few days, Judge.
我明白 这件事关乎国♥家♥安♥全♥
I understand. There is a serious national security…
没有理由拒绝延后
There’s no reason not to grant a continuance.
我才是法官
Let me run my courtroom.
阿姆斯特朗小姐
Now, Miss Armstrong,
现在我命令你说出情报人的身份
I direct you to reveal the identity of your source.
如果你需要时间考虑 我会给你时间
If you want a few days to consider it, I’ll give it to you.
我不能那么做
I can’t do that.
伯恩赛德先生
Mr. Burnside, if you want a few days
你想要些时间来劝服她吗?
to advise her to obey my order.
我不能劝说我的当事人做违背她原则的事
I can’t advise my client to betray a confidence.
那好吧 法官大人
Okay, look, Your Honor,
鉴于这件事直接威胁到国♥家♥安♥全♥
given the direct threat to our national security,
我希望现在您能以蔑视法庭罪拘留阿姆斯特朗小姐
I ask that Miss Armstrong now be held in contempt of court
并立即送入监狱
and that she be jailed immediately.
既然有人
Well, it seems to me that I have
当面蔑视我的命令
before me somebody who is defying my order
并且认为她可以驾驭于法律之上
and who seems to believe that she is above the law itself.
我以蔑视法庭罪拘留你
I hold you in contempt of court,
并交由美国联邦执法官署收监
and I remand you to the custody of the United States Marshal.
- 帮帮我u3000- 法官大人
- Help.u3000- Judge…
稍等一下 不 不 法官大人 请等一下…不 等等
Wait. No, no. Your Honor. Judge. Wait… No, wait.
- 女士u3000- 法官大人!
- Ma’am.u3000- Your Honor!
只要你说出情报人的名字 你就会被释放
As soon as you’re prepared to speak, you will be released.
我能和我的当事人说几句吗?
Could I have a minute with my client to confer?
你可以在拘留中心和她商量
You may consult with her in the detention center.
别忘了五点半去霍博曼家接提米
Timmy needs to be picked up from the Hobermans’ at 5:30.
- 退庭u3000- 法官
- This proceeding is closed.u3000- Judge.
法官 法官大人
Judge. Your Honor!
很多人想通过这个案件出名
A lot of people looking to get famous here.