好吧
Right, okay.
如果他们所提供的情报很有价值并且值得相信
If the information they’re giving is valuable and truthful,
就像是”水门事件”或者是”五角大楼文件”
like with Watergate or the Pentagon Papers,
那么他们所怀有的动机就并不那么重要了
then their motives really don’t matter.
任何一个合格的记者
Any real journalist would be prepared to
都要准备好为了坚持他们的原则
put up with the discomfort of jail
而承受牢狱之苦
to protect their principle.
我知道你说你会保护你的情报人
I know you say you would protect your source,
就像你在说 “不得上帝恩宠 赴刑场的就是我了”
as if you’re saying, “There but for the grace of God go I,”
而且你从来不用担心
and you’re never gonna have to worry about
- 政♥府♥会来找上你u3000- 为什么?
- the government coming after you.u3000- Why?
因为政♥府♥才不会关心
Because the government really doesn’t care
你是怎么查到帕里斯昨晚是在哪里吃饭的
how you found out where Paris had dinner last night.
真痛快 真♥他♥妈♥痛快!
That’s my bunkie right there, y’all. That’s my bunkie!
雷
Ray.
嘿 阿伯特 嘿
Hey. Hey, Albert. Hey.
你好 我是阿伯特·伯恩塞德
Hi, I’m Albert Burnside.
- 你好 我是格蕾琴·蒙罗伊u3000- 嗨
- Hi, I’m Gretchen Monroy.u3000- Hi.
- 你看了莫里·梅耶斯的节目了吗?u3000- 是的 看了
- So, did you see the Molly Meyers thing?u3000- Yes. Yes.
瑞秋表现得超棒 太好了
Rachel was real terrific. It was great.
是的 她表现得难以置信
Yeah, she was unbelievable.
- 你先去 我一会儿就来u3000- 好的
- I’ll catch up with you.u3000- Sure.
很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you.
- 听着阿伯特u3000- 这不关我的事
- Look, Albert.u3000- It’s none of my business.
不 不 不 你不用
No, no, no. No, you don’t.
关于我们的事情 你不是…
There are things about us that you just don’t…
- 你说”我们”是指?u3000- 瑞秋跟我
- When you say “us”?u3000- Rachel and me.
听着 雷 如果你这样能心安理得的话 那随便你
Look, Ray, if you can sleep at night, you can sleep at night.
是她做了决定
She made a choice.
- 有因必有果u3000- 是的 如果你觉得你妻子
- Choices have consequences.u3000- Yeah, if you think your wife
该为此负责的话
felt like she had a choice in this,
那也许你俩就不该成为一对
then maybe you two shouldn’t be together.
好吧 你可以选择告不告诉她 你自己做决定
Well, you can tell her or not. That’s entirely up to you.
努力工作吧
Keep up the good work.
打扰一下 女士 抱歉 不是有意吓到你的
Excuse me, ma’am. Excuse me. Didn’t mean to startle you.
- 没关系u3000- 我在找一户斯坦人家
- That’s okay.u3000- I’m looking for the Stein residence.
斯坦人家?
Stein residence?
我不知道
You know, I don’t know.
我不觉得这里附近有叫斯坦的人家
I don’t think there is a Stein on the block.
哈弗跟希拉呢?
Harv and Sheila?
哈弗跟希拉…
Harv and Sheila…
噢 上帝
Oh, God.
瑞秋?
Rachel?
第228天
还有谁跟你一起进行过报道?
Who do you have working the story?
伊文斯跟梅柯
Evans and Merkow.
凶手是属于右翼派极端分子
The shooter belonged to a right wing fringe group.
我想他认为艾瑞卡的行为有悖于他爱戴的总统
I guess he thought Erica had it in for our beloved President.
他的名字叫阿兰·墨菲 脑筋不太正常
Name’s Alan Murphy. He’s nuts and stupid.
他开自己的车到达凶杀现场
Drove his own car to the murder site,
然后在半里远的地方撞车
then crashed it half a mile away.
她辞去了CIA工作之后 她失去了所有的保护措施
Once she resigned from the CIA, she lost her protective detail.
天啊 这太疯狂了
God, this is so crazy.
伊文斯跟梅柯希望
Evans and Merkow will want to
能让你对此事做出一些相关评论
get a statement from you of some kind.
好的 我知道了 没事
I know. I get it. It’s okay.
没事
It’s okay.
- 艾莉森现在过得怎么样?u3000- 谁是艾莉森?
- How’s Allison doing?u3000- Who is Allison?
艾瑞卡的女儿
Erica’s daughter.
- 邦妮…u3000- 这不是你的错
- Bonnie…u3000- It is not your fault.
我做的事情到底正确吗?
Am I doing the right thing?
怎么了? 我们还有15分钟
What’s the problem? We still have 15 minutes.
法官想要见她 我们有车在外等着
Judge wants to see her. I’ve got a van waiting.
总统先生似乎现在
The President now seems to
被迫要对此事亲自出面干涉
feel compelled to get involved personally.
他希望能看到此事的终结
He wants to get to the bottom of this debacle.
发生的事情太可怕了
What happened is terrible,
我很关心她女儿的情况
and my heart goes out to her little girl,
但是这不能改变我的立场
but it hasn’t changed my position.
好吧 我希望的答案不是这样的
Okay, that’s not what I need.
我这里有份白宫以及CIA高层人员
I have here copies of waivers
签署的豁免协议书
that have been signed by all White House staff and senior CIA.
这份协议书授权批准你
It authorizes you, gives you permission
如果他们之中有你的情报人 你可以把他揪出来
to reveal their names if they were your source.
这是一般豁免
It’s a blanket waiver.
应该对你有用
That should do it for you.
请你看一下 看看你的情报人有没有签署
Have a look. See if your source has signed.
- 这些人明显是被迫的u3000- 协议里面的这些人?
- These people were obviously coerced.u3000- These people here?
这些人都是自愿签署的
These people have signed of their own volition.
是啊 如果你不签 那就等着受折磨吧
Yeah, if you don’t sign these, then we’ll harass you,
对你进行调查 让你觉得生不如死
we’ll investigate you, we’ll make your life hell on earth.
我不会看这个的 法官大人
I’m not even going to look at them, Judge.
- 有人想要喝茶吗?u3000- 好的
- Anybody want some tea?u3000- Yes, please.
- 不用了 谢谢u3000- 这是产自希腊的茶叶
- No, thank you.u3000- It’s from Greece.
我们该拿你怎么办?
What are we going to do with you?
我妻子就是这样
This has gotten to the point now
指责我的
where my wife is pissed off at me
让我觉得自己就像是个欺凌弱小的恶棍
and is telling me that I’m some sort of bully.
好吧 至少在我眼里你不是
Well, you’re not gonna get much sympathy from me there.
法官大人 我能借用一下你的书房♥吗?
Your Honor, can I borrow your library for a second?
你认为我该看那份豁免书
You think I should look at the waivers.
一个人可以活得很好 受人尊敬 做慈善事业
A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity,
但是最终能参加他葬礼的人数
but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral
是由天气来决定的
is generally dependent on the weather.
什么? 抱歉 我不是很明白
What? I’m sorry. I’m not following.
大环境改变了 瑞秋
The weather has changed, Rachel.
我不想这么说 但事实就是如此
I’m sorry, but it has. That’s the truth.
在以前 这样的斗争会容易得多
In the old days, this would have been a lot easier to fight.
人们会叫你英雄
The public would have called you a hero.
但是我不知道当今社会力 媒体…
But I don’t know, somewhere along the line, the press…
媒体停止了自己的斗争
The press stopped being the white knight,
反而开始倾向政♥府♥一方
and started being the dragon.
人们就是这样认为的
That’s the way people see it.
你知道为什么没有报社
You want to know why no paper in this country,
包括你那家
including your own,
对你的事件进行跟踪报道了吗?
has continued covering your story?
你为什么不早告诉我?
Why don’t you tell me?
因为对你连续48小时的报道几个月之前就停了
Because your 48-hour news cycle dried up months ago.
我是说 看看你自己 瑞秋 像什么样子
I mean, look at you, Rachel. You look like shit.
你儿子在没有你的生活里成长…
Your kid is growing up without you…
别把提米牵扯进来
Don’t bring Timmy into this.
这不公平 我是一位好母亲
It’s not fair. Okay. I’m a good mother.
公平? 操♥他♥妈♥的公平!
Fair? Fuck fair!
听着 也许你不希望把你儿子牵扯进来
Look, you may not want to bring your son into this,
- 但我必须这么做 知道为什么吗?u3000- 为什么?
- but I do. You want to know why?u3000- Why?
因为我在保护瑞秋·阿姆斯特朗 不是你的原则
Because I’m defending Rachel Armstrong, not a principle.
一个男人为了维护自己的原则
A man leaves his family to go to jail
离开了自己的家人 进了监狱
to protect a principle,
然后人们用他的名字作为节日名
and they name a holiday after him.
一个男人离开了自己的孩子去参加战争
A man leaves his children to go fight in a war,
然后人们为他树立了一座纪念碑
and they erect a monument to him.
现在一个女人做出了同样的事情 但她就是个怪物
A woman does the same thing, and she’s the monster.
如果我们做出让步 我们该怎么说 阿伯特?
If we back down, what are we saying, Albert?
“相信一个记者的前提是她不是人母 ”
“Trust reporters as long as they’re not mothers, ”
“因为人母会精神崩溃”
“because they’ll crack.”
真♥相♥是 如果我之前知道写这篇鬼文章
The truth is, if I had known that writing this fucking story
会让我跟提米分开的话
would have separated me from Timmy,
也许我就不会这样做了
then maybe I wouldn’t have done it.
但是既然我们已经刊登了报道
But here we are. The story’s been published,
已经选择了我们的路 那我们就没有后路可退
and the path has been chosen, and there’s no way back,
最终 我儿子会很好