我知道你非告诉他们不可
校长和全校师生
l know you have to tell them.
You know, the head, the school.
我只求你等到过完年再说
All l ask is that you wait till the New Year.
拜托,我求求你
请你让我陪家人过完圣诞节
l’m begging you. Please let me have
this Christmas with my family.
可怜的孩子
You poor thing.
你这么六神无主
You’ve got yourself into a state?
我不会告发你的
l’m not going to report you.
我想帮你,支持你度过难关
l want to help you,
to support you through this.
你不会说出去吗?
You’re not… not going to tell?
-你不会告诉任何人?
-讲了又怎样?
– You won’t tell anyone?
– Who would it benefit?
对你或学生都没好处
对学校也一样
Not you or the boy,
and certainly not the school.
这是一件隐私
No, this is a private matter,
就继续保密下去吧
and we must keep it so.
Yes.
-我还是辞职吧
-不行,这样会打草惊蛇
– Maybe l should resign.
– No. No, that might alert suspicion.
你要留在学校,但不能一错再错
No, you must stay at the school,
but the affair must end.
发誓你就此作个了断
Your solemn promise.
你不答应我就帮不了你
l can’t help you if you don’t promise.
我答应你
l promise.
你过完圣诞节就告诉他?
So you’ll tell him straight after Christmas?
-这样对谁都好
-我知道
– lt’s all for the best.
– l know.
太感谢你了,你真是我的好朋友
Thank you so much. You’ve been so brilliant.
跟他分了再告诉我
And you’ll tell me when it’s done?
你从来没提过
You never said.
老处♥女♥的标准配备啦
Standard issue for spinsters.
它最近胃口很差,我有点担心它
She’s been off her food.
l’m worried about her.
附近有家兽医不错
班恩的兔子都给他看
There’s a terrific vet up the road.
He was great with Ben’s rabbit.
-明天有很多人要来吗?
-我和理查的家人,包括他前妻
– Got many people coming tomorrow?
– My lot, Richard’s lot, including first wife.
-还有你母亲?
-是的
– And your mother?
– Yes.
-圣诞快乐
-你也是
– Well, happy Christmas.
– Yeah. You, too.
真是太感谢你了
Thank you so much.
Courage, mon brave,
祝她的小精灵一路顺风
And bon voyage to her little leprechaun.
我和希巴现在达成共识了
Sheba and l share a deep understanding now.
谁也不能侵犯
No one can violate
我们共谋的秘密
our magnificent complicity.
不行,明天才能拆,住手!
No! Wait till tomorrow! Stop.
你去了好久
You’ve been gone ages.
芭芭拉有点…学校的事啦
Barbara was a little… Some school thing.
-班大人还好吗?
-还没睡
– How’s his nibs?
– Still awake.
兴奋过度,我准他等你回来再睡
He’s madly excited.
l said he could stay up for you.
波丽呢?
And Polly?
很沮丧
Depressed.
彼特打电♥话♥来,他们吵架
Pete phoned.
They had a row
他明天不来了
and he’s not coming tomorrow.
-你觉得他不好吗?
-老头子都不太可靠
– D’you think he’s bad news?
– Well, these older men can be very dodgy.
爸爸跟你说了吗?
Did Daddy tell you?
他要甩了我,我有预感
He’s gonna bin me, l know it.
你的条件很好
You’re very lovely, darling.
他是个笨蛋才不懂得欣赏你
He’s clever enough to appreciate it.
妈,我肥得要死
l’m fat as fuck, Mum.
他会回来的
He’ll be back.
我没有他就活不下去了
l can’t live without him.
她对那个男孩的迷恋
只是满足她高高在上的欲望
Her fetish for the boy
was simply her snobbery manifested.
他出身劳工阶层,又喜欢画画
He’s working class and he likes art,
仿佛从雨林里跑出一只猴子
向她要琴汤尼喝
as if he were a monkey who just strolled out
of a rainforest and asked for a gin and tonic.
你有没有之前那个朋友的消息?
芭芭拉
Have you heard from
that friend of yours, Barbara?
醒一醒
Bar? Wakey-wakey.
洛蕊问你有没有
你那个好朋友的消息
Lorraine was asking
if you’d heard from that nice friend of yours.
-谁?
-珍妮佛达德
– Who?
– Jennifer Dodd.
她没在我们学校教书了
She left the school.
目前在斯托克的小学任教
She’s teaching in a primary at Stoke.
交了个男朋友
听说他们订婚了
There’s a chap, apparently.
l heard they’re engaged.
-是真的,太荒谬了吧?
-现在卖♥♥掉完全不是时候
– But it’s true, it would be insane, wouldn’t it?
– lt’s the most ridiculous time for him to sell.
我也是这么说的
Well, that’s what l said.
他应该打电♥话♥问我,太不理智了
l know. He should give me a ring.
lt’s absolute madness for him. l’m happy to…
来吧,宝贝
There you are, darling.
我不是什么好爸爸啦,完全不是
..Victorian parent or something.
l’m nothing of the kind!
老婆,再加点肉汤
没肉汤了,抱歉
Darling, can we have gravy?
There’s no gravy. Sorry.
可不可以来点…
Why can’t we just have…?
圣诞快乐,老师!
现在好想干♥死♥你♥
天晓得,这是她的老♥毛♥病啦
God knows.
But this is what she’s like.
自从罗纳死后,她就毫无目标了
Ever since Ronald died,
she’s drifted inexorably.
她爸爸是个了不起的人
非常了不起
You see, her father was an exceptional man.
Exceptional.
希巴习惯独来独往
Bathsheba’s a loner, l’m afraid.
她很漂亮,谢天谢地
她是靠脸蛋吃饭的
She’s beautiful, thank God,
and it’s got her through,
但光有外在没内涵也不行啊
but it’s not quite the same
as possessing substance.
-圣诞快乐
-你来这里干嘛?大家都在里面
– Happy Christmas.
– What are you doing here? Everyone’s inside.
你不拆开吗?
Aren’t you gonna open it?
那是假金子做的
lt’s… it’s made of real fake gold.
-谢谢你
-怎样?
– Thank you.
– What’s up?
都没你的消息
l haven’t heard from you.
我们不能再见面了
l can’t see you anymore.
对不起
l’m sorry. l…
我没办法,结束了
l just can’t. lt’s over.
为什么?
– Why?
– Bash?
Bash!
她不在这里
She’s not here.
他是你♥爸♥爸吗?
Was that your dad?
不是
No.
是我叔叔
He’s an uncle.
-你想结束吗?
-请你别用那种眼神看我
– Do you wanna end it?
– Please don’t look at me like that.
-你厌倦我了?
-不是
– Have you gone off me?
– No.
你走吧,请你别逼我…
You should go. Please, don’t make…
快走
Just go.
她给我什么?
She gave me what?
-什么颜色?
-是彼特吗?
– What color are they?
– ls it Pete?
我很想打电♥话♥给希巴,可惜晚了
l long to phone S, but it’s late.
可怜的女孩
孤单地守着难搞的一家人
Poor girl, all alone with her awful family.
我们的人生有很多相似之处

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!