有段时间 非常悲痛
For a time, greatly so.
她忍♥受了他的种种 但是…
She had had to bear a great deal from him but…
…当她死了 他意识到了她的损失
..when she was dead, he felt her loss.
我很高兴听到这个
I am very glad of it.
那会是非常让人震惊的 如果他…
It would have been very shocking if he had…
如果他… – 如果他怎么?
if he had… – If he had what?
如果我没理解错 你一直怀疑我父亲 犯下了那么可怕的罪行…
If I understand you rightly, you have been suspecting my father of a crime so dreadful…
是你自己说的 这个宅子满是秘密!
You said yourself the house was full of secrets!
那你就肯定我父亲是个杀人犯…
And so you decided that my father must be a murderer…
…但是对你 至少
..when to you, at least,
他只有亲切善意?
he has shown nothing but kindness?
凯瑟琳…
Catherine…
你怎么能?
how could you?
你到底昏了头的想象过些什么?
What sort of a fevered imagination must you have?
可能 你是小说看太多了
Perhaps, after all, it is possible to read too many novels.
(Catherine sobs)
看 凯瑟琳
Look, Catherine.
噢 出什么事情了?
Oh, whatever is the matter?
我不能告诉你
I can’t tell you.
请别逼我
Please don’t make me.
我愚蠢至极 你哥哥知道了
I have been so wickedly foolish and your brother knows of it.
他会因此而讨厌我的 他要是告诉你了 你也会讨厌我的
And now he will hate me for it, and so will you when he tells you.
我亲爱的凯瑟琳 我确信你做什么我都不会讨厌你
Oh, my dear Catherine, I’m quite sure that nothing you could do could make me hate you,
亨利也不会的
or Henry either.
我看见他的表情了 我知道的
I saw his face. I know.
他对我再也不会有尊重了
He will never, ever respect me again.
过来 好了 可能事情没你想得那么糟呢
Come, come. Perhaps it’s not as bad as you think.
看 这有你一封信
Look, here is a letter for you.
是伊莎贝拉的吧
It will be from lsabella.

Oh.
不 这是我哥哥的笔迹
No, it is my brother’s handwriting.
亲爱的凯瑟琳 我想我有责任告诉你
JAMES: Dear Catherine, I think it my duty to tell you
我和索普小姐结束了
that everything is at an end between Miss Thorpe and me.
不!
No!
我不想说细节了 那样只会让你更痛苦
I shall not enter into particulars. They would only pain you more.
你很快就会知道问题到底出在哪里了
You will soon hear enough to know where the blame lies.
我想到我忍♥受了多长时间就觉得羞愧
I am ashamed to think how long I bore it.
亲爱的凯瑟琳 我希望你在诺桑觉的拜访
Dear Catherine, I hope your visit at Northanger may be over
能在蒂尔尼上尉把订婚的消息 公之于众之前就结束
before Captain Tilney makes his engagement known.
蒂尔尼上尉?
Captain T.ilney?
弗雷德里克?
Frederick?
是的
Yes.
这就是我害怕的!
It’s just what I feared!
噢 我可怜的詹姆斯 他那么爱她 – 但是弗雷德里克!
Oh, poor, poor James. He loved her so much. – But Frederick!
他们订婚了?
And they are engaged?
是的 – 不 我不敢相信
Yes. – No, I can’t believe that.
看这里
Look here.
“我最亲爱的凯瑟琳 千万不要痴心错付”
“Dearest Catherine, beware how you give your heart.”
亲爱的凯瑟琳 对你哥哥的事情我很遗憾
Dear Catherine, I am sorry for your brother,
你爱着的人不开心我很遗憾
sorry that anyone you love should be unhappy.
但是整件事情里我更惊讶的是 弗雷德里克要和她结婚
But my surprise would be greater at Frederick’s marrying her than at any other part of the story.
你为什么这么说?
Why do you say that?
索普小姐的家境是怎样的?
What are Miss Thorpe’s connections?
她有多少身价? 他们算是个有钱的家庭吗?
What is her fortune? Are they a wealthy family?
不 不算
No, not very.
伊莎贝拉几乎一无所有
I don’t believe lsabella has any fortune at all.
你觉得你父亲会反对这门婚事?
You think your father will forbid the match?
我都怀疑这事会不会传到他耳朵里
I doubt if the matter will reach his ears at all.
为什么? 什么意思?
Why? Whatever do you mean?
凯瑟琳 你的朋友对你哥哥的行为真是很卑劣
Catherine, your friend has dealt very badly with your brother.
但是我怀疑她还没那个本事这么对我哥哥
But I fear she is far out of her depth with mine.
看看这个的大小!
OFFlCER: Look at the size of these! (Laughs)
来吧!
Come on!
(Women’s laughter outside)
那…我们订婚了吗?
And…are we engaged?
索普小姐 有点分寸
Make yourself decent, Miss Thorpe.
在你被遗忘之前 我得把你还给你朋友
I must return you to your friends before you’re missed.
我最亲爱的凯瑟琳
ISABELLA: My dearest Catherine,
谢天谢地 我们明天就离开这鬼地方了
thank God we leave this vile place tomorrow.
你走了以后 我觉得一点意思都没有 我所在乎的人走了
Since you went away, I have had no pleasure in it, and everybody one cares for is gone.
我对你亲爱的哥哥很担忧
I am quite uneasy about your dear brother
我恐怕有一些…误会
and am fearful of some… misunderstanding.
你会给他写信把一切都处理好的 是吧?
You will write to him and set everything right?
他是唯一一个我爱上 或者说可能爱上的人 我相信你可以让他相信这点的
He is the only man I ever did or could love, and I know you will convince him of it.
我才不会的
CATHERlNE: I most certainly shan ‘t!
那么弗雷德里克摆脱她了
So, Frederick is safe from her.
我一点都不惊讶
I can’t say I’m surprised.
是吗? 我可是非常惊讶!
Aren’t you? I am, very!
我希望我从没有认识她
I wish I had never known her.
很快你们就会行同陌路了
It will soon be as if you never had.
有一点我不明白
There is one thing I can’t understand.
蒂尔尼上尉在这件事 是个什么角色?
What has Captain T.ilney been about all this time?
他为什么对她那么关注 然后又抽身离开?
Why should he pay her such attentions and then fly off himself?
可能是虚荣所致 就像索普小姐一样
He has his vanity, as well as Miss Thorpe.
他很习惯于…
And he is accustomed to…
…以自己的方式生活
..having his way.
不过我还是很惊讶他丢弃了 这么容易到手的战利品
Though I am surprised he should have stooped to such an easy conquest.
是吗?
Really?
那我真为伊莎贝拉感到遗憾
Then I am sorry for lsabella.
我确定她很快就会没事了
I am sure she will be over it soon enough.
我希望我没必要告诉你 他弟弟和他完全不同
I hope I don’t need to tell you that his brother has a very different character.
亨利是世界上最好最值得信赖的人
Henry has the best and truest heart in the world.
(Growls)
该死的女投机者!
Damned little adventuress!
埃莉诺!
Eleanor!
埃莉诺!
Eleanor!
现在!
Now!
我说现在!
I said now!
埃莉诺 到底出什么事情了?
Eleanor, whatever can the matter be?
过来
Come.
坐下 你不舒服?
Sit down. You are not well?
我亲爱的凯瑟琳 我没事
My dear Catherine, I am well.
天啊 我该怎么跟你说?
God, how shall I tell you?
这和亨利没有关系吧?
It’s not concerning Henry?
不 不 不是亨利
No, no, not Henry.
是关于我父亲
It is my father himself.
我父亲想起有件事情 我们全家星期一得离开
My father has recollected an engagement that takes our whole family away on Monday.
没有解释和道歉
Explanation and apology are impossible.
我亲爱的埃莉诺…
My dear Eleanor…
别那么难过 我不生气 我可以准备好星期一离开
Don’t be so distressed. I am not offended, I can be ready to leave on Monday.
不 不是那样
No, that won’t be possible.
噢 天哪
Oh, God.
我父亲坚持让你马上离开
My father insists on your leaving immediately.
你一准备好就离开
As soon as you can make yourself ready.
马车会把你带到公共马车站
The carriage will take you to meet the public stagecoach.
没有佣人陪着你
No servant will accompany you.
我要连夜赶路?
I am to travel all night?
一个人?
Alone?
我把将军惹怒了吗?
Have I offended the General?
我从没看过他这么生气
I have never seen him more angry.
你哥哥肯定对我很生气 他告诉了你父亲我所做的…
Your brother must have been so angry with me, he told your father what I did…
…告诉他我所怀疑的
..what I suspected.
我这么不堪的被遣送回家是应得的
I deserve to be sent home in disgrace.
你错了
You are wrong.
我知道父亲这么做的原因 他根本不该这么做
I know my father’s reasons and they do him no credit.
把你连夜送回去! 我真的很担心你的安全
To turn you out in the middle of the night! Truly, I fear for your safety.
旅途没什么大不了的
The journey is nothing.
但是你有钱付路费吗?
But have you enough money to pay your way?

Oh.
我没想过这个
I never thought of that.
至少我还能帮你
Well, there at least I can help you.
噢 凯瑟琳 我真的太抱歉了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!