exactly the true size…
…很让人愉悦
..for rational happiness.
(Rumble of thunder)
(Thunder crashes)
(Creaking)
(Thunderclap)
(Thunderclap)
噢!
Oh!
噢 为什么…
Oh, why…
什么…这是些什么老旧的东西?
What… Whatever are these old things?
不!
No!
不 别管它们了
No, leave them, please.
衬衫
Shirts,
长袜
stockings,
围巾
cravats.
洗衣清单
Laundry lists.
这是我妈妈最喜欢的地方
This was my mother’s favourite place.
我以前经常和她到这里走动
I used to walk so often here with her.
虽然以前我没有现在这么喜欢这里
Though I never loved it then as I have loved it since.
她的离去一定很让人痛苦
Her death must have been a great affliction.
非常痛苦 而且与日俱增
A great and increasing one.
她长什么样? 她和你长得像吗?
What was she like? Did she look like you?
我希望我可以让你看看她的肖像
I wish I could show you her portrait.
挂在她的房♥间里
It hangs in her private chamber.
我想你陪她到最后一刻了?
I suppose you were with her to the last?
没有
No.
她死的时候我不在家
I was away from home when she died.
她的病很突然很快 我赶回家之前 一切就都结束了
Her illness was sudden and short, and before I arrived, it was all over.
你连她的遗体都没见到?
So you didn’t see her body?
没有
No.
我真希望我能见她最后一面
I wish I could have done.
也许那样我就能平和的想起她
Perhaps it would help me to think of her at peace.
是的
Yes.
如果你愿意带我去的话 我想看看她的房♥间
I should like to see her room, if you are willing to show me.
我爸爸希望我们不要进去
We never go there. It is my father’s wish.
只是进去看看她的画像呢?
But to see her picture?
好吧
Yes.
为什么不让你看呢?
Why should you not see it?
你们在那里干什么?
What do you do there?
我打算带莫兰德小姐去看看妈妈的…
I was going to show Miss Morland Mother’s…
那里没什么会让莫兰德小姐感兴趣的
There is nothing to interest Miss Morland in this part of the house.
我很惊讶你那么做 埃莉诺
I am surprised at you, Eleanor.
我最亲爱的 伊莎贝拉
CATHERlNE: My dearest lsabella,
我多希望有你的消息
I long to hear your news.
我希望你和詹姆斯一切顺利
I hope everything is well with you and James
希望你哥哥没有太生我的气
and that your brother is not too much offended with me.
诺桑觉寺和我期望中的一样 埃莉诺和她的哥哥都很友善
Northanger Abbey is all that I expected it to be, and Eleanor and her brother very kind.
噢 伊莎贝拉 恐怕这个宅子 隐藏着一个可怕的秘密
Oh, lsabella, I fear that this house holds a terrible secret
和蒂尔尼夫人的死有关的秘密
relating to the death of Mrs Tilney.
凯瑟琳?
ELEANOR: Catherine?
我在这里!
Here I am!
我不能再多写了
CATHERlNE: I cannot write more now.
告诉我你的消息 你亲爱的朋友 凯瑟琳
Send me your news, your loving friend, Catherine.
这是让人难过的一天 莫兰德小姐
This is a sad day, Miss Morland.
对我来说是难过的一天
A sad day for me, that is.
我得去城里几天办点事
I have to go up to town for several days on business.
我相信在我不在的时间里 你会好好招待我们的客人的 是吧?
I trust you’ll be able to entertain our guest properly while I am gone?
非常乐意 先生
Nothing would give me greater pleasure, sir.
过来吧!
Come along!
(Laughs)
你们笑什么呢?
What are you giggling about?
亨利 也给我来一个!
One for me, Henry!
这是最后一个了
This is the last one.
(Laughter)
噢! 啊!
Ooh! Ah!
你愿意的话 我想明天带你去伍德斯顿看看
I thought I might show you Woodston tomorrow, if you’d like to.
那里和诺桑觉完全不同 只是一个乡村的教区
It’s nothing to Northanger, of course, just a country vicarage.
但是我很喜欢那里
But I’m very fond of it.
我很乐意去
I’d love to.

Look.
那是你家吗?
Is that your home?
很漂亮 – 我很高兴你那么认为
It’s lovely. – I’m very glad you think so.
(Thunder rumbles)
恐怕我们会被雨淋了
I fear we may be about to get a little damp.
快点 我会把你甩在后面的
Come on, I’ll race you back.
快点! 加油!
Come on! Come on!
(Door opens)
看看你们俩的样子!
Look at the state of the pair of you!
我去叫理查兹给你准备洗澡水 凯瑟琳
I’ll go and get Richards to draw your bath, Catherine.
我们到诺桑觉寺的时候 你说那个宅子隐藏着秘密
When we were coming to Northanger Abbey, you said that the house held secrets.
我说过吗? 你发现什么可怕的蛛丝马迹了吗?
Did l? And have you discovered any dreadful revelations yet?
没有 但是我想知道你话里的意思
No, but I’d like to know what you meant.
我想那最好永远就是个秘密
I think that shall have to remain a secret.
秘密一旦揭示出来 就会失去它的魅力 当然它的危险也消失了
A secret once explained loses all of its charms, and all of its danger, too.
你为什么不想象你能想到最可怕的事情 然后写成你自己的歌♥德式的冒险故事?
Why don’t you imagine the worst thing you can, and write your own Gothic romance about it?
“诺桑觉寺”会是很好的书名 你不觉得吗?
“Northanger Abbey” would make a very good title, don’t you think?
你在嘲笑我
Now you’re mocking me.
但是我情不自禁的 把这个宅子想的很令人不快
But I can’t help feeling that this house is not a happy one.
在我母亲死后确实是的
Not since our mother died.
甚至在那之前就是
And even before then.
我羡慕你快乐的童年
I envy you your happy childhood.
我哥哥弗雷德里克够放荡了
My brother Frederick is well enough, I think, sowing his wild oats,
但是很快他就会结成一门有利的亲事
but soon he shall have to make an advantageous match.
我妹妹不快乐
My sister is not happy.
你还记得我们在乡间散步遇到的那个人吗?
Remember the man we met on our country walk?
他是我的好朋友 但是对我妹妹而言不止如此
He is a good friend of mine, but he is a lot more than that to my sister.
但是我父亲不认可他们
But our father has refused to sanction the match.
爱德华是次子
Edward is only a second son.
埃莉诺必须嫁给能够继承富足产业的人
And Eleanor must marry the heir to a rich estate.
那…那你呢?
And… And you?
如果我遵循我父亲的意愿 我也得娶个有钱人
Well, if I’m to retain my father’s favour, I must marry a fortune, too.
那你会吗?
And shall you?
我总希望我会幸运些
I always hoped I’d be lucky,
我爱上的女孩子刚好有不错的家底
that the girl I fell in love with would come with a fortune attached.
那…如果她没有呢?
And…if she should not?
那就会是…
Then that would be a very…
对我人格的严酷考验
stern test of my character.
也许我们该往回走了 我想在黄昏之前动身去伍德斯顿
Perhaps we’d better head back. I want to set off for Woodston before nightfall.
明天晚饭时侯见了!
See you tomorrow for dinner!
噢!
Oh!
我能问你为什么会一个人到这里来吗?
Might I ask how you come to be here all alone?
我想看你母亲的房♥间
I wanted to see your mother’s room.
埃莉诺本来打算带我看看的 但是你父亲阻止了我们
Eleanor was going to show me, but your father prevented us.
那你就想自己过来看看?
And so you thought you’d come and see it for yourself?
是的
Yes.
我想埃莉诺和你谈到过我母亲了?
I suppose Eleanor has talked to you about our mother?
是的
Yes.
但是说得不多
But that is not very much.
她说了…
What she did say was…
她走得很突然 你们都不在家
Her dying so suddenly, and none of you being at home,
我觉得…
I thought…
可能你父亲并不是很喜欢她
perhaps your father had not been very fond of her.
然后根据这些情况你推断…
And from these circumstances you infer…
…是疏忽所致?
..some negligence?
还是什么更可怕的?
Or something even worse?
那让我来打消你的疑虑吧 凯瑟琳
Then let me reassure you, Catherine.
我母亲的病确实很突然
My mother’s illness was sudden,
埃莉诺不在家
and Eleanor was from home,
但是我一直都在家
but I was here throughout.
我哥哥弗雷德里克也在
And so was my brother Frederick.
我母亲得到了一切可能的照料
Our mother received every possible attention.
我们的医生也因为已经做了 可以做的一切而了无遗憾
Our physician was satisfied that nothing more could be done for her.
事情让人非常悲痛
The matter was deeply distressing,
你可以想象到的 – 当然了
as you may imagine. – Yes, of course.
但是你的父亲 他很悲痛吗?
But your father, was he distressed?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!