我非常荣幸 先生
I am very honoured, sir.
如果艾伦夫妇同意的话
If Mr and Mrs Allen agree,
我很乐意去
I should be delighted to accept.
诺桑觉寺!
Northanger Abbey!
你自己去那里不感觉害怕吗?
Aren’t you frightened to go there on your own?
我承认 是的 有点
I confess I am, a little.
我得说 那你对来说会是非常刺♥激♥的
Well, I dare say, it will be very thrilling for you.
但是我希望你别忘了我 凯瑟琳
But I do hope you don’t forget me, Catherine.
还有我们最亲爱的约翰
Or our dearest John.
不 肯定不会的
No, indeed.
不用害羞
No need to be coy.
我今天听他说你们俩好的 就跟订婚了一样
I heard from him today that you and he are as good as engaged.
我们没有!
Indeed we are not!
不用掩饰了 亲爱的 你的秘密被揭发了
Useless to dissemble, my dear. Your secret’s out.
他在信里说 他离开巴斯之前半小时 你给了他积极的鼓励
He says in his letter, not half an hour before he left Bath, you gave him positive encouragement.
他说他实际上向你求婚了
He says he as good as made you an offer.
不!
No!
不 肯定弄错了
No, there must be some mistake.
你哥哥肯定误会我了…
Your brother must have misunderstood me, and…
我肯定我没有意识到 他在向我求婚
I certainly had no idea he thought he was making me an offer.
求你了 和他说清楚 请求他原谅
Please, undeceive him, and beg his pardon.

Oh.
我得说我们都应该允许 一些无伤大雅的调情
Well, I dare say we should all be allowed a little harmless flirtation.
但那不是调情 至少我不是
But there was no flirtation, not on my side.
人都有可能改变想法的 不然哪儿来的我们?
And if no-one were allowed to change their minds, where would we all be?
也许这样是最好的
Perhaps it’s for the best, after all.
伊莎贝拉 请你听我说 就这一次…
Isabella, please understand me, once and for all…
嘘! 他来了!
Sh! Here he comes!
谁? – 当然是蒂尔尼了!
Who? – T.ilney, of course!
我不该让这事情发生的
Oh, I wouldn’t have this happen for the world.
看别处 可能他没看到我们
Look away, perhaps he’s not seen us.
什么 随时都被盯着?
What, always to be watched?
亲自或者…
In person or…
…别人代劳?
..by proxy?
胡说
Nonsense.
我的精神是很独♥立♥的
My spirit, you know, is pretty independent.
我希望你的心也是独♥立♥的 那对我来说就足够了
I wish your heart were independent. That would be enough for me.
我的心?
My heart?
你还能对心做什么?
What can you have to do with hearts?
你们男人们都没有心的
None of you men have hearts.
但是我们有眼睛
But we have eyes.
他们给我们的折磨已经够多了
And they give us torment enough.
我觉得艾伦夫人和你母亲在等着我们
I think Mrs Allen and your mother are expecting us.
你走吗 伊莎贝拉?
Will you come, lsabella?
你去吧
You go.
告诉她们我随后就到
And tell them I’ll follow.
如果我见不到你了 那你写信告诉我诺桑觉的事情
And if I shouldn’t see you, write and tell me all your news from Northanger.
当心点 先生!
Do take a care, sir!
哇 到了!
Whoa, there!
Whoa!
快点吧 从米乐松大街过来已经晚了4分钟了
Come along now. Four minutes late already coming from Milsom Street.
父亲 我相信莫兰德小姐 不会让你久等的
I’m sure Miss Morland won’t keep you waiting, Father.
噢 凯瑟琳 亲爱的 快点 他们来了!
Oh, Catherine, my dear, quickly, they are here!
多豪华啊!
How grand!
四轮马车!
A chaise and four!
艾伦先生 你永远都指望不上那个的!
You never aspired to that, Mr Allen!
确实是
No, indeed.
凯瑟琳 我们会想你的
Well, Catherine, we shall miss you.
谢谢你们的款待
Thank you for all your kindness.
我在这里过得很愉快
It has been such a happy time.
过来 亲爱的
There, there, my dear.
快点吧
I should be sharp about it.
这些伙计可不愿意等人
These great folks don’t like to be kept waiting.
莫兰德小姐 我们来迟了非常抱歉
Miss Morland, a thousand pardons for our late arrival.
都怪我的大儿子 他继续留在巴斯
My eldest son must bear the blame. He stays on in Bath.
我亲爱的莫兰德小姐 我有个提议
Now, my dear Miss Morland, I have a proposal.
今天天气很不错
As it is a fine day,
你觉得和我儿子亨利 一起坐轻便马车走如何?
how should you like to travel in the curricle with my son, Henry?
那样你可以享受新鲜空气 还能更好的欣赏到乡村景色
You will enjoy the air and be better able to see the country.
都由你决定
It is, of course, entirely up to you.
我很愿意
I should like that very much.
你父亲是说蒂尔尼上尉 还留在在巴斯吗?
Did your father say that Captain T.ilney stays on in Bath?
是的 – 噢
Yes. – Oh.
你很失望吗? 也许你希望在诺桑觉由我哥哥陪着你?
You’re disappointed? You were hoping for my brother’s company at Northanger, perhaps?
不!
No!
不 不是的!
No, not at all!
我也不反对让他陪我…
That is, I should have no objection to his company…
那是怎么回事? 说吧
Then what is it? Come.
我很担心你哥哥和索普小姐
I am anxious about your brother and Miss Thorpe.
我觉得他不可能知道 她和我哥哥订婚了
I think he cannot know that she is engaged to my brother.
我觉得他认为和她还有可能
I suppose he thinks he has a chance with her.
他没有意识到他自己错了 还有这会给我哥哥带来多大的痛苦吗?
But doesn’t he realise how wrong it is of him and what pain it must give to my brother?
莫兰德小姐 我觉得你不该为这个事情太在意的
I don’t think you should distress yourself too much, Miss Morland.
你哥哥很快就会回到巴斯
Your brother shall be returning to Bath very soon.
我哥哥会离开巴斯重新加入兵团
And my brother should be leaving to rejoin his regiment.
事情就会那么结束的
And that will be the end of that.
好了 看看那边
Now, look there.
和我想象中的一模一样
It’s exactly as I imagined.
跟书里读到的一样
It’sjust like what one reads about.
你准备好了面对 那些毛骨悚然的东西了吗?
Are you prepared to encounter all of its horrors?
毛骨悚然的?
Horrors?
诺桑觉闹鬼吗?
Is Northanger haunted, then?
噢 那只是小菜一碟
Oh, that’s just the least of it.
地牢 滑动板
Dungeons and sliding panels,
骨架 还有夜里能穿透你灵魂的怪异的哭喊
skeletons, strange unearthly cries in the night that pierce your very soul.
有吸血鬼吗?
And vampires?
别说有吸血鬼!
Don’t say vampires!
别的都还好 我就怕吸血鬼
I could bear anything, but not vampires.
莫兰德小姐 我相信你是在和我开玩笑
Miss Morland, I do believe you’re teasing me now.
不过如果我要说那里 确实有吸血鬼…
But if I were to say there is a kind of vampirism…
不 这么说吧 每个宅子都有自己的秘密 诺桑觉也不例外
No, let’s just say that all houses have their secrets, and Northanger is no exception.
我扶你下来 – 谢谢
Let me help you down. – Thank you.
莫兰德小姐 欢迎来到诺桑觉寺
Miss Morland, welcome to Northanger Abbey.
我希望你没觉得不自在
I hope you will be comfortable.
我希望你如果可能的话 换一下衣服
Do, please, I beg you, make as little alteration to your dress as possible.
我父亲对用餐时间非常讲究
My father is most particular about meal times.
很抱歉我让你这么做
I’m sorry to have to ask you.
不…
No…
不 没关系
No, that’s quite all right.
那我们一会儿见了
I’ll see you in a few minutes, then.
(Doors creak and groan)
对不起
If you please,
蒂尔尼小姐说你需要帮助 小姐?
Miss T.ilney says, do you need any help, miss?
噢 不
Oh, no.
不用了 谢谢你
No, thank you.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
非常抱歉
So sorry.
莫兰德小姐 很迷人
Miss Morland. Charming.
晚餐马上开始!
Dinner should be on the table directly!
(General clears throat)
莫兰德小姐 希望你喜欢我们简单的生活方式
GENERAL TlLNEY: I hope you find our simple style of living to your taste, Miss Morland.
毫无疑问你习惯了 艾伦先生家更宽敞的房♥间?
No doubt you have been used to better-sized apartments at Mr Allen’s?
不 先生
No, indeed, sir.
艾伦先生的餐厅只有这里一半大小
Mr Allen’s dining parlour is only half the size of this room.
我觉得我和其他男人一样 对这些事情不太在意的
Well now, I suppose I care as little as any man for such things,
但是相对大一些的餐厅是生活必需的
but a tolerably-large eating room is one of the necessaries of life.
唔?
Hmm?
相对大一些的 确实是 先生
Tolerably large, indeed, sir.
不过我从没有到过比这个还大的餐厅
But I don’t think I’ve ever been in so large a dining room as this one.
是吗?
You have not?
毫无疑问艾伦先生家的餐厅…
Well, no doubt the rooms in Mr Allen’s are…
大小…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!