Oh, Catherine. I am so sorry.
我应得的
I deserve it.
我自作自受
I deserve it all.
凯瑟琳 我求求你 带上这个…
ELEANOR: (Whispers) Catherine, I implore you, please take it…
再见 凯瑟琳
Bye, Catherine.
(Dog barks)
(Man shouts in distance)
纽伯利! 去纽伯利的马车
DRlVER: Newbury! Newbury coach.
快点 把那个行李卸下去!
Come on, get that luggage off!
(Women cackle)
那是凯茜!
It’s Cathy!
你好! 你们好吗?
Hello! How are you?
妈妈 凯瑟琳回来了! 她回来了!
Mother, Catherine’s back! She’s back!
这些人这么做 真是太奇怪太突然了
These great men can be very strange and sudden in their behaviour.
得不停学习怎么交朋友啊
Well, we must live and learn.
希望你下次交到的朋友
And the next new friends you make I hope will be better worth keeping
比这次在巴斯的要长久
than the ones you made at Bath.
埃莉诺是个值得结交一生的朋友
No friend can be better worth keeping than Eleanor.
也不该怪蒂尔尼先生
And Mr T.ilney is not to blame.
他是个很让人愉快的年轻人
Such a pleasant, agreeable young man I thought him.
他给我们找过椅子 你知道的
He found us a chair, you know.
他那么了解细棉布
And he understands muslin ever so well.
我肯定他是个很值得称赞的人
That’s greatly to his credit, I’m sure.
他给你写过信吗?
But has he written?
他有向你解释过什么吗?
Has he offered any kind of explanation?
没有
No.
那么…
Well…
我只能说最后也没出什么岔子
I dare say there’s no harm done in the end.
凯瑟琳 你做得很好自己一个人回来了
You did very well to manage that journey all on your own, Catherine.
你一直都是个心不在焉的小孩子
You always used to be such a scatter-brained little creature.
我很为你自豪
I’m quite proud of you.
我倒不觉得自豪
Indeed, I am not proud of myself.
诺桑觉寺怎么样? 很恐怖吗?
What was the Abbey like? Was it very scary?
里面有鬼吗?
Were there ghosts?
那里很大 很怪异
It was very big and strange,
有很多空的房♥间 还有秘密通道
with lots of empty rooms and secret passages.
我真觉得里面可能有鬼 但是事实上没有
And I did think there might be ghosts. But there weren’t any ghosts, really.
看了太多故事的人就会想像 各种可怕的鬼或者谋杀之类的事情
People who read too many stories imagine all sorts of horrid things about ghosts and murders.
他们这么想很不对 会让人陷入很深的麻烦
It is very wrong of them to do so, and it can get you into serious trouble.
所以你们可别这么犯傻
So let me not hear of any of you being so silly.
那么 你们还想听点什么?
Now, what else would you like to hear about?
你们都玩了什么游戏?
What games did you play?
唔…
Um…
我们玩了”我是间谍”
We played I Spy
还有看手势猜字谜
and charades.
我们去骑马了 最后弄得满身是泥
We went horse-riding and got ourselves very muddy indeed.
凯茜 蒂尔尼很英俊吗?
Was Mr T.ilney very handsome, Cathy?
是的 我觉得是
Yes, I think so.
非常英俊 非常友善 什么都具备了
Very handsome and very kind and everything he should be.
凯茜 你是不是爱上蒂尔尼先生了?
Do you love Mr T.ilney, Cathy?
不 当然不是了
No, of course not.
别胡说八道
Don’t talk such nonsense.
现在…都上♥床♥睡觉去了
Now…into your beds, all of you.
到此为止了
That’s it.
晚安-晚安 凯茜
Night-night, Cathy.
晚安 凯茜!
GlRL: Night, Cathy!
凯茜 你到底做了什么 让他们把你赶回家了?
What did you do to make them send you home, Cathy?
你是做了什么很没规矩的事情吗?
Did you do something very naughty?
好啦 快点回去睡觉了
Come on, back into your bed.
凯茜?
MRS MORLAND: Cathy?
怎么了?
What is it?
我爱上他了!
I did love him!
我爱他!
I do love him!
我以后都不会再见到他了 这都是我自己的错
Now I shall never see him again and it is all my own fault.
十个…
Ten…
…人跑向沼泽
..men ran to the fen
去抓本! – 很好
to get Ben! – Very good.
凯茜! – 凯茜! 凯茜!
Cathy! – Cathy! Cathy!
来了个骑白马的男人!
It’s a man on a white horse!
去告诉妈妈蒂尔尼先生来了
Go and tell Mama that Mr T.ilney is here.
蒂尔尼先生!
BOTH: Mr T.ilney!
现在就去!
Now!
快点 孩子们 快进去
Go on, boys. In you go, quickly.
那是蒂尔尼先生! 他到这来了!
It’s Mr T.ilney! He’s here!
对我所说的所想的我很惭愧…
I am so ashamed of what I said, what I thought…
不 我才是该道歉的人
No, it is I who should apologise.
你不管说了什么都不该有那样的待遇
There’s nothing you have said that can justify the way you were treated.
但是你生我的气了 非常生气
But you were angry with me, and rightly so.
我确实生你的气 但那早就过去了
I was angry with you, but that is long past.
你的想象力可能太过活跃了
Your imagination may be overactive.
但是你的直觉是正确的
But your instinct was true.
我的母亲确实拜我父亲所赐 遭遇很悲惨
Our mother did suffer grievously, and at the hands of our father.
你还记得我跟你说过吸血鬼样的人吗?
Do you remember I spoke to you of a kind of vampirism?
是的
Yes.
可能那么表达很愚蠢 但是我们目睹他 把她的生命抽干
Perhaps it was stupid to express it so, but we did watch him drain the life out of her
用他的冷淡和残酷
with his coldness and his cruelty.
他因为她的钱和她结婚 她还以为他是爱她的
He married her for her money, you see. She thought it was for love.
过了很久她才意识到他的心是冷的
It was a long time until she knew his heart was cold.
没有吸血鬼 没有血
No vampires, no blood.
最可怕的罪行是心灵的罪行
The worst crimes are the crimes of the heart.
但是我这么想是很愚蠢很不道德的
But it was stupid and wicked of me to think such things as I did.
凯茜!
Cathy!
妈妈说 你能把蒂尔尼先生带到客厅来吗?
Mama says, will you bring Mr T.ilney to the drawing room?
来吧
Come on.
莫兰德夫人
Mrs Morland,
在发生那样的事情之后 我完全没有期望能在富勒顿受到欢迎
after what has happened, I have little right to expect a welcome at Fullerton.
蒂尔尼先生 发生的事情你没有责任
You had no part in what happened, Mr T.ilney.
凯瑟琳也正如你看到的 毫发无伤
And Catherine is as you see her – no harm done.
所有我孩子的朋友 在这里都是受欢迎的
Any friends of our children are welcome here.
我们都别再提那事了 好吗?
Shall we agree to say no more about it?
你真是太好了
You are very good.
嗯…
Er…
艾伦夫妇现在在富勒顿吗?
Are Mr and Mrs Allen now at Fullerton?
是的 先生
They are, sir.
我想去拜访他们一下
I should like to pay my respects.
也许莫兰德小姐能给我带路?
Perhaps Miss Morland might show me the way?
你从窗户就能看到他们的房♥子!
But you can see their house from the window!
安静 露西
Hush, Lucy.
蒂尔尼先生 我肯定凯瑟琳很乐意为你带路
I’m sure Catherine will be happy to show you, Mr T.ilney.
他觉得我很富有吗?
He thought I was rich?
一开始误导他的是索普 那个一开始想和你结婚的人
It was Thorpe who misled him at first, Thorpe, who hoped to marry you himself.
他以为你是艾伦先生的继承人 他向我父亲夸大了艾伦先生的财产
He thought you were Mr Allen’s heiress, and he exaggerated Mr Allen’s wealth to my father.
你只是因为没有他预想的那么富有 而就变得有罪了
You were only guilty of not being as rich as you were supposed to be.
因为这个 他把你赶出了我们家
For that, he turned you out of the house.
我还以为你太生我气了 告诉了他你所知道的
I thought you were so angry with me you told him what you knew,
那样的话什么样的无礼都不奇怪了
which would have justified any discourtesy.
不 无礼的是他
No, the discourtesy was all his.
我和我父亲决裂了 凯瑟琳
I have broken with my father, Catherine.
我可能再也不会和他说话了
I may never speak to him again.
他跟你说什么了? – 我还是告诉你我对他说了什么吧
What did he say to you? – Let me instead tell you what I said to him.
我告诉他我注定要和你在一起
I told him that I felt myself bound to you,
因为信誉
by honour,
因为爱恋
by affection,
因为这么强烈的爱情
and by a love so strong
他做任何事情都没有办法阻止我…
that nothing he could do could deter me from…
阻止你什么? – 在我继续之前 我要说
From what? – Before I go on, I should say,
他很有可能会剥夺我的继承权
there’s a pretty good chance he’ll disinherit me.
恐怕我不会成为一个有钱的人 凯瑟琳
I fear I may never be a rich man, Catherine.
请你继续你刚才想要说的
Please, go on with what you were going to say.
你愿意嫁给我吗?
Will you marry me, Catherine?
是的!
Yes!
是的 我愿意!
Yes, I will!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!