How can he get mistaken for George Kaplan when he doesn’t even exist?
不用问 这已经发生了
Don’t ask me how it happened. Obviously, it happened.
一定是梵丹的人想杀他
Vandamm’s men must have grabbed him and tried to put him away…
用的是莱斯特·唐森的房♥子
…using Lester Townsend’s house.
不知情的唐森却挨了一刀
The unsuspecting Mr. Townsend winds up with a stray knife in his back.
这应该令人悲伤 而我却想笑
So horribly sad. How is it I feel like laughing?
现在对他怎么办呢
What are we going to do?
谁
Do?
那个桑希尔先生
About Mr. Thornhill.
我们
We, uh….
什么都不做
We do nothing.
-不做 -没错 静观其变
– Nothing? – That’s right. Nothing.
我们应该庆祝好运
Or we could congratulate ourselves on a marvelous stroke of good fortune.
本来不存在的诱饵乔治·卡普兰 是为了转移视线
Our non- existent decoy, George Kaplan, created to divert suspicion…
以掩护我们真正的情报员 现在他成了活的诱饵了
…from our actual agent, has fortuitously become a live decoy.
是的 教授 您认为他还能活多久
Yes, professor. And how long do you think he’ll stay live?
那是他的问题了
Well, that’s his problem.
-芬利小姐意思是 -我知道她的意思
– What Mrs. Finley means, is… – Oh, I know what she means.
我们不能坐视不管 等着看谁先把他杀掉
We can’t sit back calmly and wait to see who kills him first.
梵丹那伙人或是警♥察♥
Vandamm and company or the police.
要救他的话 我们的情报员不就危险了吗
What can we do to save him without endangering our own agent?
是不是有点太残忍♥了
Aren’t we being just a wee bit callous?
不 我们并不残忍♥
No, my dear woman, we’re not being callous.
我们假造出一个不存在的人
We didn’t invent our nonexistent man
起名叫乔治·卡普兰
and give him the name of George Kaplan…
还精心制♥造♥出一种行为模式
…and establish elaborate behavior patterns for him…
把东西在酒店里搬进搬出的
…and move his prop belongings in and out of hotel rooms…
不是为了好玩
…for our own private amusement.
我们假造乔治·卡普兰这个人
We created George Kaplan…
让梵丹相信
…and labored successfully to convince Vandamm…
这就是情报员 是为了非常重要的原因
…that this was our own agent hot on his trail for a desperately important reason.
-明白吗 -没有人否认这点
– Check. – Nobody’s denying that!
那就对了
Very well, then.
如果我们透露出没有乔治·卡普兰这个特工
If we make the slightest move to suggest there is no such agent as George Kaplan…
让梵丹怀疑那是诱饵
…give any hint to Vandamm that he’s pursuing a decoy…
而不是我们的特工
…instead of our own agent…
那么真正在梵丹眼前工作的特工
…then our agent, working right under Vandamm’s very nose…
就会马上被暴露
…will immediately face suspicion, exposure…
然后被杀害
…and assassination.
就象以前的两位
Like the two others who went before.
再见 桑希尔 不管你在哪儿
Goodbye, Mr. Thornhill, wherever you are.
纽约中♥央♥铁路 25号♥火车
New York Central Railroad, train number 25…
20世纪限速车
…the 20th Century Limited…
下午六点 开往芝加哥
…due to leave at 6 p.m. for Chicago…
-驶离30号♥站台 -是的 亲爱的 我知道
– …will depart from plank number 30. – Yes. Yes, dear. I know.
听我说 妈妈 求你了 我打给广场饭店
Now, listen to me, Mother, I beg you. I called the Plaza.
卡普兰去了芝加哥大使东区
Kaplan checked out. He went to the hotel Ambassador East in Chicago.
所以我
Yes, that’s why I’m…
我不能去警署 起码现在不能
Well, I can’t go to the police. At least not yet.
您看到报纸了 我的指纹留在刀上了
You saw the newspapers. My fingerprints are on the knife…
我是个偷车贼 还酒后驾车 为了报复而杀人
…I’m a car thief, a drunk driver, and I murdered a man for revenge.
我已经洗不清了
I wouldn’t have a chance.
不找到卡普兰我不罢休
And I won’t have, until I find George Kaplan
他肯定知道这是怎么回事
who obviously knows what this is all about.
不 火车 安全一点
No, dear, the train. It’s safer.
在飞机上被认出来 我连藏的地方都没有
Well, because there’s no place to hide on a plane if anyone should recognize me.
您是让我跳飞机吗
You want me to jump off a moving plane?
好的 太感谢您了 妈妈 再见
Yes. Well, thank you so much, Mother. Yeah, well, goodbye.
请注意
Attention, please.
纽约中♥央♥铁路 25号♥火车
New York Central Railroad, train number 25…
20世纪限速车
…the 20th Century Limited…
下午六点发车
…due to leave at 6 p.m.
什么事
Yeah.
我要20世纪号♥的卧铺票
Uh, give me a bedroom on the 20th Century, please.
还有5分钟就要开了
It’s leaving in five minutes.
-知道 所以请你快点 -卧铺票卖♥♥完了
– Yes, I know. Could you make it snappy? – I think they’re all sold out.
-卖♥♥完了 -您可以去座席车箱
– Sold out? – You can always go coach.
不行 下一班什么时候
No, I can’t do that. What time is the next train?
10:00 您很着急吗
Nothing till 10. You’re in a hurry, huh?
能再问问吗
Well, could you call them and see what they have?
您眼睛有问题吗
Something wrong with your eyes?
它们对提问过敏 快点吧
Yes, they’re sensitive to questions. Will you call them?
好的
Sure. Sure.
不要走开
Don’t go away.
他在15号♥窗口 快
He’s at Window 15, upper level. Hurry.
您真走运 先生
You’re in luck, mister, you…
-票 -我只是送朋友
– Ticket? – I’m just seeing some friends off.
抱歉 要知道名字才行
Sorry, I have to know their names before I can let you through.
给我回来
Come here! Hey, come here!
-对不起 -我的错
– Oh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – My fault.
对不起
Sorry.
他往那边去了 可能下车了
He went that way. I think he got off.
全体上车
All aboard!
-谢谢 -没关系
– Thank you. – It’s quite all right.
7张乱停车的罚单
Seven parking tickets.
-晚安 先生 一位 -是的
– Good evening, sir. One? – Please.
来点鸡尾酒吗
Cocktail before dinner?
-要吉布森 -马上来
– Yes, please. A Gibson. – Right away.
-又见面了 -是啊
– Well, here we are again. – Yes.
-有什么建议吗 -鳟鱼
– Do you recommend anything? – The brook trout.
有点硬 但是还不错
A little trouty, but quite good.
吃什么
Sold.
鳟鱼
Brook trout.
-谢谢 -好的
– Thank you. – Yes, sir.
-我知道 我很面熟 -是的
– I know. I look vaguely familiar. – Yes.
你是不是觉得见过我
You feel you’ve seen me somewhere before.
看来是我这张脸 太有吸引力了
Funny how I have that effect on people. It’s something about my face.
这张脸不错
It’s a nice face.
-你真这么想 -否则我不会这么说
– You think so? – I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t.
-看来你是那种类型的 -什么类型
– Oh, you’re that type. – What type?
诚实型的
Honest.
不见得
Not really.
-诚实的女人会吓着我 -为什么
– Good. Because honest women frighten me. – Why?
我也不知道 她们总是让我很头痛
I don’t know. Somehow, they seem to put me at a disadvantage.
-那是因为你对她们不诚实 -确实如此
– Because you’re not honest with them? – Exactly.
比如说那7张违规停车罚单
Like that business about the seven parking tickets?
我是说一旦遇上让我动心的女人
Well, what I mean is, the moment I meet an attractive woman…
我总假装对她们没有任何意思
…I have to start pretending I’ve no desire to make love to her.
什么让你这样隐藏自己
What makes you think you have to conceal it?
她有可能不喜欢我
She might find the idea objectionable.
不过 也可能会喜欢
Then again, she might not.
我多走运 能和你坐在一起
Think how lucky I am to have been seated here.
和运气并没有关系
Oh, luck had nothing to do with it.
那是缘分
Fate?
我给了服务员5美元 你进来时就带你过来
I tipped the steward $5 to seat you here if you should come in.
这是表达爱情吗
Is that a proposition?
我从不在饿着时谈爱情
I never discuss love on an empty stomach.
你已经吃过了
You’ve already eaten.
可你还没有
But you haven’t.
你不觉得应该互相介绍
Don’t you think it’s time we were introduced?
伊芙·肯德尔 26岁 未婚
I’m Eve Kendall. I’m 26 and unmarried.
现在你都知道了
Now you know everything.
除在火车上把男人迷死之外
Tell me. What do you do
你还做什么
besides lure men to their doom on the 20th Century Limited?
我是工业设计师
I’m an industrial designer.
杰克·菲利普斯 金壁公♥司♥经理
Jack Phillips. Western sales manager for Kingby Electronics.
不 你不是
No, you’re not.
你是罗杰·桑希尔 麦迪逊大道
You’re Roger Thornhill of Madison Avenue…
全美各大报头版通缉杀人犯
…and you’re wanted for murder on every front page in America.
不要那么谦虚
And don’t be so modest.
我靠