门外
Outside the door.
过道里 才几分钟前 您不记得了吗
Out in the hall, a couple of minutes ago. Don’t you remember?
那是第一次你看到我吗
And that’s the first time you laid eyes on me?
因为您从来都不在呀 卡普兰先生
Can I help it if you’re never around, Mr. Kaplan?
你怎么知道我是卡普兰先生
Well, then, how do you know I am Mr. Kaplan?
-什么 -你怎么知道我是卡普兰先生
– What? – How do you know I’m Mr. Kaplan?
您当然是呀 这是796房♥间 不是吗
Well, of course you are. This is room 796, isn’t it?
而您是796房♥间的客人呀
So you’re the gentleman in room 796, aren’t you?
好的 爱尔西 谢谢
All right, Elsie, thanks.
-没别的事吗 先生 -目前没有了
– Will that be all, sir? – For the time being, yes.
衣服
Valet.
好的 请进
Oh, yes, come in.
要挂起来吗 卡普兰先生
Should I hang it in the closet, Mr. Kaplan?
是的 谢谢
Yes, please.
告诉我
Tell me, uh….
我什么时候把衣服给你的
I forgot, what time did I give you that suit?
昨晚 大约
Last night, around, uh….
-大约6:00 -哦
– Around 6. – Oh.
-我本人给你的吗 -本人
– Did I give it to you personally? – Personally?
不 你给我们打电♥话♥ 说了是哪件
No. You called down on the phone and described the suit to me…
而且在衣柜里 您一直是这样的
…and said it would be hanging in your closet. Like you always do.
-有问题吗 -不 只是好奇
– Anything wrong? – No, no, just curious.
-小费 谢谢 -谢谢
– Here. Thanks. – Thank you.
很高兴遇见你 卡普兰先生
Nice to meet you, Mr. Kaplan.
太令人奇怪了
Isn’t that the damnedest thing?
我开始认为整个酒店没人见过卡普兰
I’m beginning to think that no one in the hotel has actually seen Kaplan.
也许他的西装带隐形功能
Maybe he has his suits mended by invisible weavers.
我们看一看
Let me see something.
它一点都不合你的身
I don’t think that one does anything for you.
这样好多了
Ah, now, that’s much better.
他们把我误认成一个矮子了
Now, obviously they’ve mistaken me for a much shorter man.
-我接吗 -当然不了
– Should I? – Certainly not.
你拿着
Here, hold that, dear.

Hello.
很高兴找到您 卡普兰先生
It’s good to find you in, Mr. Kaplan.
你是谁
Who is this?
昨晚才见过 您就听不出我的声音
We met only last night, and still you do not recognize my voice.
我可不太高兴了
I should feel offended.
我知道你是谁了 可我不是卡普兰
Yes, I know who you are, and I’m not Mr. Kaplan.
当然不是 您接他电♥话♥ 住他的房♥间
Of course not. You answer his telephone, you live in his hotel room…
而您却不是卡普兰
…and yet you are not Mr. Kaplan.
反正我们很高兴找到您
Nevertheless, we are pleased to find you in.
等一下
Now, wait…
-接线员吗 -何事
– Hello, Operator? Operator. – Yes?
接线员 这里是桑 796房♥卡普兰
Operator, this is Mr. Thorn… Kaplan in 796.
刚才那个电♥话♥从哪儿打的 是外面打的还是从大堂
That call. Was that an outside call or did it come from the lobby?
-请等一下 我去查查 -快一点
– Just a minute, sir. I’ll see. – Well, hurry, please.
那是谁
Who was it?
昨晚想杀我的人中的一个
One of the men who tried to kill me last night.
-还是那件事啊 -喂 接线员
– We’re back to that one, are we? – Hello? Operator?
-卡普兰先生 -是的
– Mr. Kaplan? – Yes.
那个电♥话♥是从大堂打的 先生
That call was made from the lobby, sir.
是吗
It was?
他们可能要上来了
They’re probably on their way up here now.
-快走 -我倒想见见这些杀手
– Come on. Let’s get out of here. – I think I’d like to meet these killers.
你们真的要杀我儿子
You gentlemen aren’t really trying to kill my son, are you?
大堂到了 请慢走
Lobby, please. Watch your step.
绅士们 女士优先
Oh, no, gentlemen, please. Ladies first. Come along, ladies.
来吧 女士们 对了
That’s right. Come along. Good.
罗杰 你会回家吃晚饭吗
Roger. Roger, will you be home for dinner?
-去哪儿 -不知道 开车就是了
– Where to? – I don’t know. Just keep going.
-到联♥合♥国♥会议楼 -好的
– Take me to the United Nations. – Right.
将军府
General Assembly Building.
-好的 -有人跟踪我 有办法吗
– Right. – I’m being followed. Can you do anything?
-是的 我有 -那就快点
– Yes, I can. – Do it.
-需要帮助吗 先生 -是的
– May I help you, sir? – Yes, please.
在哪里能找到莱斯特·唐森
Where will I find Mr. Lester Townsend?
联♥合♥国♥大会的莱斯特·唐森
Mr. Lester Townsend of UNIPO?
-嗯 -你们事先约好了吗
– Yes. – And did you have an appointment, sir?
哦 是的 他正在等我
Well, yes, yes. He expects me.
请问您的姓名
Your name, please.
-姓名 -是的 请
– My name? – Yes, please.
卡普兰 乔治·卡普兰
Kaplan. George Kaplan.
请等一下
One moment, please.
到47街的拐角等我
Wait for me at the corner of 47th.
把这个给服务员 她会帮您
If you’ll give this to one of the attendants in the public lounge, she’ll page him.
-非常感谢 -不要客气 卡普兰先生
– Thank you very much. – You’re welcome, Mr. Kaplan.
瑞士调查局的伯纳德先生
Mr. Bernardi of the Swiss Observers Office.
瑞士调查局的伯纳德先生
Mr. Bernardi of the Swiss Observers Office.
找一下莱斯特·唐森先生
Will you page Mr. Lester Townsend, please?
好的 卡普兰先生
Certainly, Mr. Kaplan.
联♥合♥国♥的唐森先生 大会的唐森先生
Mr. Townsend of UNIPO. Mr. Townsend of UNIPO.
请到信息联络台来
Please call at the communications desk of the public lounge.
联♥合♥国♥的唐森先生
Mr. Townsend of UNIPO.
请到信息联络台来
Please call at the communications desk of the public lounge.
沙龙的诺克斯小姐
Miss Knox of salon….
您叫我吗
You paged me?
-卡普兰先生 -是的
– Mr. Kaplan? – Yes.
-您找唐森先生 -是的
– You wanted to see Mr. Townsend. – Yes.
-这就是唐森先生 -您好 卡普兰先生
– This is Mr. Townsend. – How do you do, Mr. Kaplan?
-这不是唐森先生啊 -就是我
– This isn’t Mr. Townsend. – Yes, it is.
一定搞错了 莱斯特·唐森吗
There must be some mistake. Mr. Lester Townsend?
就是我 有什么事
That’s me. What can I do for you?
巴基斯坦代表团的莫尼先生 请到信息联络台来
Mr. Mauney, Delegation of Pakistan. Please call the public lounge.
您住在格兰湾的唐森吗
Are you the Townsend who lives in Glen Cove?
是的 我们是邻居吗
That’s right. Are we neighbors?
一座大红砖房♥车道两边有树
A large, red- brick house with a curved, tree- lined driveway?
说的没错
That’s the one.
昨晚您在家吗 唐森先生
Were you at home last night, Mr. Townsend?
-你是说格兰湾 -是的
– You mean in Glen Cove? – Yes.
这个月我住在城里
I’ve been staying in my apartment in town for the last month.
开会时我都这样
I always do when we’re in session here.
唐森夫人呢
What about Mrs. Townsend?
已经过世很多年了
My wife has been dead for many years.
-对不起 -卡普兰先生 这到底是怎么回事
– Oh, I… – Now, Mr. Kaplan, what’s this all about?
冒昧问一下 您房♥子里住的是什么人
Forgive me. Who are those people living in your house?
什么人 房♥子完全封闭了
What people? The house is completely closed up.
只有园丁和他的妻子住
Just the gardener and his wife living on the grounds.
卡普兰先生 你是谁 有什么事 想干什么
Now, Mr. Kaplan, suppose you tell me who you are and what you want.
你认识此人吗
Look. Do you know this man?
看啊
Look!
他有刀 当心
He’s got a knife. Look out!
听我说 和我无关
Listen to me. I had nothing to do with this.
-去报♥警♥ -别再靠近了
– Call the police. – Wait a minute. Don’t come nearer.
后退
Get back.
中♥央♥情报局
“照片经指认是罗杰·桑希尔
“The photograph has been identified as that of Roger Thornhill…
曼哈顿广♥告♥公♥司♥的主管
…a Manhattan advertising executive,
自称乔治·卡普兰
indicating that the name of George Kaplan…
他在将军府告诉服务员的名字是假名
…which he gave to an attendant in the General Assembly Building was false.
杀人动机可能是这样的
A possible motive for the slaying was suggested by the discovery…
早些时候 桑希尔在格兰湾警署
…that earlier today, Thornhill appeared at Glen Cove police court…
被指控酒后驾驶被盗车
…charged with drunk driving with a stolen car.
申辩中他指控死者唐森在前晚
In his defense, he charged that the murder victim, Mr. Townsend…
企图要杀他”
…had tried to kill him the night before.”
-完了 -这是什么状况
– Brother. – What about that?
谁知道这个桑希尔吗
Does anyone know this Thornhill?
-不 不知道 -从没听说过
– No, not me. – Never heard of him.
教授呢
Professor?
他被误认成乔治·卡普兰
Apparently, the poor sucker got mistaken for George Kaplan.
乔治·卡普兰根本不存在 他怎么会被误认呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!