西北偏北
即使很高的向线意味着增长
Even if you accept the belief that the high Trendex means a rising sales curve…
-桑希尔先生 -晚安 埃迪u3000
– Mr. Thornhill. – Good night.
-代我向你太太问好 -我们闹别扭了
– Say hello to the missus. – We’re not talking.
我的建议不变
My recommendation is still the same.
尽量在控制时间段内散布好消息
Spread the good word in as many small- time segments as we can.
让对手获得高度评价吧
Let the opposition have their high ratings
我们只要去银行诉苦
while we cry all the way to the bank.
下周我们一块吃午饭
Why don’t we colonize at the Colony next week?
萨姆 期待你的来信 祝你快乐
Let me hear from you, Sam. Uh, happy thoughts, et cetera.
咱们走到大楼去
You better walk me to the Plaza.
我没有穿外套
I didn’t put a coat on.
正好消耗血糖 孩子 快点
Use your blood sugar, child. Come on.
-下面呢 -格雷琴·萨宾森
– Next? – Gretchen Sabinson.
对了 送她一盒糖果
Oh, yes. Send her a box of candy from Blum’s,
10块钱 你知道的那种
$10. You know the kind.
都包着锡纸的 她会喜欢的
Each piece wrapped in gold paper. She’ll like that.
她会以为是钱呢
She’ll think she’s eating money.
告诉她
Just say to her:
“亲爱的 我简直是每天每刻每秒”
“Darling, I count the days, the hours…”
-你上次就是这么说的 -是吗
– You sent that one last time. – I did?
那就说
Well, put:
“送给你甜蜜的牙齿 宝贝
“Something for your sweet tooth, baby,
还有你身上甜蜜的一切”
and all your other sweet parts.”
我知道
I know.
我们不坐车去吗 桑希尔先生
Could we take a cab, Mr. Thornhill?
-就为这么点路 -你迟了 我太累了
– For two blocks? – You’re late and I’m tired.
这就是你的问题 马吉
That’s your trouble, Maggie,
你不好好吃饭
you don’t eat properly.
过来这里 出租车
Here. Taxi.
我这里有位女士得了重病你不介意吧
I have a very sick woman here. You don’t mind, do you?
-不介意 -多谢
– Well, no. – Thank you very much.
太好了
Perfectly all right.
-先到广场去 别回头看了 -真可怜
– First stop, the Plaza. Don’t throw the flag. – Poor man.
行了 这样他会很快乐
Oh, come, come, come. I made him a happy man.
觉得自己是个大善人
I made him feel like a good Samaritan.
他知道你在说谎
He knew you were lying.
在广♥告♥界 没有说谎这回事
Ah, in the world of advertising, there’s no such thing as a lie.
只有”不得已的夸张”你应该知道的
There’s only the expedient exaggeration. You ought to know that.
-你觉得我胖了吗 -什么
– Say, do I look heavyish to you? – What?
我觉得胖了
I feel heavyish.
早上在我桌上放张纸条 写着 “瘦下来”
Put a note on my desk in the morning: “Think thin.”
“瘦下来”
“Think thin.”
-司机 开到59街入口 -好的
– Better make it the 59th Street entrance. – Okay.
回办公室 给我妈打个电♥话♥
Oh. Soon as you get back, call my mother.
提醒她今晚我们看戏
Remind her we’ve got those theater tickets for tonight.
晚餐7:00钟
Dinner at 21, 7:00.
我要先去橡木酒吧喝两杯
I’ll have had two martinis at the Oak Bar,
这样她就不用闻我的味了
so she needn’t bother to sniff my breath.
-她不会那么做 -会的 象猎狗一样
– She doesn’t do that. – Sure she does. Like a bloodhound.
明天第一件事是10:30见比格娄 中午做预演
Bigelow at 10:30 is your first tomorrow, the Skin Glow rehearsal at noon…
然后和法尔肯夫妇吃午饭
…then lunch with Falcon and his wife.
-是在哪儿 -拉瑞诺 1:00
– Oh, yeah. Where was that? – Larry and Arnold’s, 1:00.
-噢 -你一会还回来吗
– Oh. – Will you check in later?
当然不了
Absolutely not.
司机 把女士送回上车的地方
Here, driver, take this lady back where she belongs.
-好的 -钱应该够了
– Right. – That ought to cover it.
-别忘了给我妈妈打电♥话♥ -好的
– Don’t forget, call my mother right away. – I won’t.
-晚安 桑希尔先生 -晚安 甜心
– Good night, Mr. Thornhill. – Good night, sweetie.
等一下 麦琪
Oh, wait, Maggie.
别打给她 她现在正在
You can’t call her. She’s at Mrs….
-晚上好 桑希尔先生 -晚上好
– Good evening. – Good evening.
我要找维尔特纳和另两位先生
I’m looking for Mr. Weltner and two other gentlemen.
好的 在这边
Yes, sir. Right this way.
-赫尔曼 -这是罗杰
– Herman. – Roger.
-我有点晚了 -罗杰·桑希尔
– I’m a little late. – Roger Thornhill.
-芬宁·内尔揣 -你好
– Fanning Nelson. – How do you do?
-你好 -拉瑞·韦德
– How do you do? – Larry Wade.
-我们已经喝晕了 -我很快也会这样
– We got a little head start here. – Oh, that won’t last long.
我正跟拉里和芬宁说
I was telling Larry and Fanning
你开始喝得慢 越喝越厉害
you may be slow on starting but there’s nobody faster.
怎么回事 你看上去坐立不安
What’s the matter? You’ve got the fidgets.
我刚才做了件蠢事儿
I just did something stupid.
我让秘书给我妈妈打电♥话♥
I told my secretary to call Mother.
可是她那儿没电♥话♥
I realized she won’t be able to reach her.
-为什么 -她正和人打桥牌呢
– Why not? – She’s playing bridge at one of her cronies’.
-你的秘书 -不 我妈妈
– Your secretary? – No. My mother.
建好的公♥寓♥油漆都没干 也没有电♥话♥
One of those new apartments. Wet paint and no telephone yet.
-乔治·卡普兰 -也许应该发个电报
– George Kaplan. – Perhaps if I send her a telegram.
-乔治·卡普兰先生 -孩子
– Mr. George Kaplan? – Boy.
-卡普兰 -我要马上发个电报
– Kaplan. – I’ve got to get off a wire immediately.
如果在这儿写 能帮我发出去吗
Could you send it for me if I write it out for you?
我们不允许这样 先生 跟我来
Oh, I’m not permitted to do that, sir, but if you’ll follow me.
-哦 失陪了 先生们 -没有关系
– Oh. Will you excuse me, gentlemen? – Go right ahead.
-您就从这儿过去 -谢谢
– Right through there, sir. – Yeah, thanks.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
你们要干什么
Wait, what’s that supposed to be?
车在外边等 你走在我们中间 不许出声
The car’s waiting outside. You will walk between us saying nothing.
-这是什么意思 -跟我们走
– What are you talking about? – Let’s go.
去哪儿 你 你们是谁
Let’s go where? Who…? Who are you?
我们手里有枪
Mere errand boys carrying concealed weapons.
正对着你的心脏
His is pointed at your heart.
不要错误判断形势
So, please, no errors of judgment, I beg of you.
这是干什么 开玩笑吗
What is this, a joke or something?
-是的 到车上再乐吧 -来
– Yes, a joke. We will laugh in the car. – Come.
这简直是荒唐
But this is ridiculous.
别告诉我去哪里 给个惊喜
Don’t tell me where we’re going, surprise me.
我的朋友在橡木酒吧等我
You know, I left some friends back there in the Oak Bar.
他们会觉得我无礼
They’re going to think I’m awfully rude.
能不能在商店停一下
I mean, uh, couldn’t we stop off at a drugstore for a moment…
我好告诉他们我被绑♥架♥
…so that I could explain I’m being, uh, kidnapped?
这应该算绑♥架♥ 对吧
Well, that is what’s happening, isn’t it?
锁上了
Locked.
唐森
谁是唐森
Who’s Townsend?
真的
Really?
真有趣
Interesting.
-他在哪儿 -在楼上 换衣服
– Where is he? – Upstairs, dressing.
-告诉他是我 -晚餐的客人就要到了
– Tell him I’m here. – The dinner guests are expected.
没关系 就说是卡普兰
Never mind that. Say to him: “Kaplan.”
请问 吃什么甜点
By the way, what are we having for dessert?
-书房♥里有人吗 -没有
– Is anyone in the library? – No.
这边请
This way.
你就呆在这儿
You will wait here.
不着急 我会找些书看
Well, don’t hurry. I’ll catch up on my reading.
莱斯特·唐森
纽约格兰湾 贝伍德大街169号♥
晚上好
Good evening.
和想象不一样 高点儿
Not what I expected. A little taller.
比其他的要文雅
A little more polished than the others.
您满意我很高兴 唐森先生
Oh, I’m so glad you’re pleased, Mr. Townsend.
恐怕仅仅是外表不错
But I’m afraid just as obvious.
搞什么名堂 带我来干什么
What the devil is all this about? Why was I brought here?
玩游戏是吗
Games? Must we?
我倒不在乎玩绑♥架♥
Not that I mind a case of abduction…
可我买♥♥了今晚的戏票
…but I have tickets for the theater this evening.
是我很想看的演出
To a show I was looking forward to.
发生这种事我会变得不讲理的
And I get unreasonable about things like that.
演技真是超一流 你把这儿当剧场了
With such expert play- acting, you make this very room a theater.
莱昂纳多 见过客人了吗
Oh, Leonard, have you met our distinguished guest?
穿的倒是很体面的 不是吗
He’s a well- tailored one, isn’t he?
我的助手非常佩服你 卡普兰先生
My secretary is a great admirer of your methods, Mr. Kaplan.