and I guess, I just forgot how to be a dad.
或许 我忘了该怎么当爸爸
Anyway, I wasn’t very good at it.
总之 我不擅长这个
Don’t think about it too much, Dave.
别想太多 戴夫
Just go. Be a grandfather.
只管好好当爷爷
You wanna come with me?
你想跟我一起回去吗
Maybe I can visit sometime.
以后有机会再做客吧
Great.

‘Night.
晚安
‘Night.
晚安
♪ It’s been many years since I started out for that gold
♪ 很多年前 我启程淘金
♪ Findin’ bits and pieces, All worth their reach…
♪ 找到零星碎片 不虚一行
♪ I’ve carried on
♪ 我继续前行
You made it, Swankie.
你做到了 斯万基
Thanks, man.
谢了 老哥
Then I’m gonna get the big G right here. For Georgia.
我准备在这儿文个大写G 代表佐治亚
And the big bulldog right here.
大型斗牛犬文在这儿
It’ll be a full half sleeve for the Georgia Bulldogs.
来个佐治亚斗牛犬球队的大花臂
Oh, Jesus!
我天
No overnight parking. You can’t sleep here.
这儿不能通宵停车 别过夜
I’m leaving. I’m leaving.
我马上走 马上走
Okay, what we’ve got is parts and labor,
我看看 零件和修理费一共是
$2,300 and tax. Okay.
2300块钱 再加上税 好的
I just looked up the value on your van.
我刚看了你车上的里程表
With that high a mileage, you’re lookin’ about $5,000 at the most.
跑了那么多里程 最多能卖♥♥五千块
I’d probably recommend, um,
我比较建议你
taking that money and putting it towards a different vehicle so that you…
用那笔钱换一辆车 这样的话
No, no. Well, I can’t do that.
不行 我不能这么做
I can’t do that. See, ’cause… All right. Um…
我不能这么做 因为
I, uh, spent a lot of time and money building the inside out, and,
里里外外布置它耗费了我大量时间和金钱
a lot of people don’t understand the value of that.
很多人不懂这样做的意义
But it’s not somethin’, like, we can…
但它不是 我们不能
I live in there.
我住在那儿
It’s my home.
那儿是我的家
Why can’t you just wire it to me, Doll?
为什么你不能转账给我呢 多莉
I can pay you… I can…
我能还你 我能
Dolly, listen, I can pay you back.
多莉 我能还你钱
I’m gonna do Amazon again soon.
我很快会再去亚马逊打工
I’ll be able to pay you back as soon as I get that check.
我拿到支票就能还你钱
It’s gonna be…
大概要
Yeah… I’m being stubborn?
嗯 我固执
Well, I think you’re being a bitch.
我觉得你混账
Hi.

Hi, Fern.
嗨 弗恩
The doorbell works.
门铃响了
Yeah, well, I didn’t hear it, so…
我没听到 所以
Hey.

You want yours with cheese on it? All right.
你的要芝士吗 好啊
Got my famous fouregg cake. All right.
我拿手的蛋糕来了 放了四个蛋 好的
Dolly talked me into it. Where do you want it?
多莉让我做的 我应该放哪儿
Okay. Yeah, put it there, Fern. Here? Okay.
好的 放那儿吧 弗恩 这儿 好的
All right. Ooh, that looks good. I want that one.
好的 看起来不错 我想要那个
All right, that’s yours. It’s got your name on it. -Double cheese.
好啊 那个给你 专属于你 双倍芝士
Please. You want cheese?
谢谢 你要芝士吗
I want two slices, please. Okay.
我要两片芝士 谢谢 好
Uh, this is my sister, Fern.
这是我姐姐弗恩
Fern? Hi, Fern. I’m Jim.
弗恩 嗨 弗恩 我是吉姆
Hi. Sorry. Lime on my hand.
嗨 抱歉 手上沾了橙汁
Nice to meet you. This is my wife, Pam.
幸会 这是我妻子帕姆
Hi, Pam. Sorry, wet hand. Hi.
你好 帕姆 抱歉 手湿了 你好
Jim has been working with George for a long time.
吉姆和乔治共事很久了
Yeah, George actually sold us our first house before I got in real estate.
我们第一幢房♥子是乔治卖♥♥的 当时我还没涉足地♥产♥
Did they tell you how they met?
他们讲过他们怎么认识的吗
No.
没有
I introduced them.
我介绍的
I introduced you to George, but I knew George before.
我把你介绍给了乔治 但我之前就认识乔治
So, I took her out and I said, “Listen, um…
于是我带她出去 对她说 听好了
“George is a really good friend of mine.
乔治是我非常好的朋友
“I don’t want you to mess this up.
我不想让事情乱套
“If you’re not serious about him,
如果你不打算认真待他
“don’t mess with him.”
就别乱来
And I didn’t mess it up. And you said, “What are you talkin’ about?”
我没乱来 然后你说 “你在说什么”
And so, how many years have you been together?
所以你们在一起多少年了
30 plus.
三十多年
Worked out pretty good. Yeah, worked out pretty good.
处得很好 对 处得很好
I was able to take care of it on my own, actually, after that introduction.
在你引见后 其实我自己就能搞定了
You’re welcome. Things are looking good right now.
不客气 现在情况看起来不错
The prices are goin’ up. 2012 was a winner.
房♥价持续上涨 2012年形势大好
I mean, I wish I would have had the money in 2008 to buy everything,
我是说 要是我2008年有钱大买♥♥特买♥♥就好了
so I could sell it now.
现在就能出手了
Seems like real estate always ends up on the upside.
房♥价似乎一直在涨
I don’t wanna disagree with you, but I have to say I do.
我不想反驳你 但我必须得反驳
It’s strange that you encourage people
很奇怪啊 你鼓动大家
to invest their whole life savings, go into debt,
花一辈子的积蓄 背着贷款
just to buy a house they can’t afford.
就为了买♥♥一幢消费不起的房♥子
Fern, that’s a rather limited look at what we do.
弗恩 你对我们工作的看法很狭隘
Is it limited, George?
狭隘吗 乔治
I mean, we’re not all in a position to just chuck everything and hit the road.
我想说 不是所有人都能抛下一切上路
Oh, you think that’s what I’ve done, George?
你就是这么看我的吗 乔治
I chucked everything to hit the road? Is that what I did?
我抛下一切上路 我是这样吗
All right. I’m sorry.
好吧 抱歉
You know, I think that
我觉得
what the nomads are doing is not that different than what the pioneers did.
游牧民与过去的西部开拓者很像
I think Fern’s part of an American tradition.
弗恩继承了美国传统
I think it’s great.
我觉得这很棒
Hey. Hi.
嗨 嗨
Here you go.
给你
Okay. Yeah, thanks.
好 谢谢
You know I’ll pay you back, right? Mmmhmm.
我会还给你的 嗯
I will. Mmmhmm.
会还的 嗯
Why don’t you move in with us? I can’t live here.
为什么不搬来一起住 我不能住在这儿
I can’t live in this room.
我不能住在这个房♥间
I can’t sleep in this bed.
不能睡在这张床上
Thank you, but I can’t…
谢谢你 但我没办法
I know, we’re not as interesting as the people you meet out there.
我知道我们不如你在路上遇到的人有趣
That’s not what I’m talkin’ about. No, that’s what it is.
我不是这个意思 确实是这样
It’s always what’s out there that’s more interesting.
外面的世界总是更精彩
You left home as soon as you could,
一有机会你就离开了家
you married Bo after just knowing him a few months,
认识波几个月就嫁给了他
and then you moved to the middle of nowhere with him.
然后跟他搬去了鸟不拉屎的地方
And then even after Bo passed away,
甚至在波去世后
you still stayed in Empire.
你还留在恩派尔
I just didn’t get it. I mean, you could have left… Yeah.
我真不明白 你明明可以离开的 是啊
See, that’s why I can’t come here.
看吧 我就知道我不能来这儿
I never said this to you before, and maybe I should have…
我以前没跟你说过这些 也许我早该说了
You know, when you were growin’ up, you were eccentric to other people.
你年轻的时候 会被别人看作怪胎
You may be seemed weird, but it was just because you were braver,
看似如此 但那只是因为你比其他所有人
and more honest than everybody else.
都更勇敢 也更诚实
And you could see me when I was hiding from everybody.
我对他人遮遮掩掩时 你却能懂我
And sometimes you could see me before I saw myself.
有时还比我自己更懂我
I needed that in my life.
我需要这种理解
And you’re my sister.
你是我的姐姐
I would have loved having you around all these years.
我多希望这些年你都在我身边
You left a big hole by leaving.
你的离去 留下了巨大的伤口
That one’s on me.
那都怪我
Hey.

Hi. Want a sandwich? You hungry?
嗨 来块三明治吗 饿不饿
I think I’ve met you before.
我以前见过你吧
Yeah, I’m Fern. I was workin’ at T-Rock in Quartzsite.
对 我是弗恩 在昆特赛特岩石店工作过
Fern. Mmmhmm.
弗恩 嗯
You let Noodle sell his rocks there, didn’t you?
你让努多卖♥♥出了他的石头 对吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!