I love this.
我爱这个
Take it.
拿去吧
You kidding? It’s yours.
真的吗 归你了
Whoa, that’s nice.
真不错
You look really good in that chair.
你坐在这椅子上看起来不错
And that’s called red, white, and blue jasper.
这是红白蓝碧玉
What’s that?
那是什么
That’s petrified palm wood.
这是石化的棕榈木
And that’s part of the same… rock, and,
那也是同一块石头的
Ouch!
哎哟
Careful, your arm. That’s another one
小心你的手臂 这是另一块
of the red, white, and blue.
红白蓝的 石头
What’s going on? What? I don’t feel very good.
你怎么了 我不太舒服
I got a headache.
我头疼
Here. Sit down.
来 坐一下
Got it?
坐吧
What’s goin’ on? What do you need?
你怎么了 你需要点什么吗
My head hurts really, really bad
我的头很疼
and I’m nauseated.
我还犯恶心
Water’ll help? Would water help?
喝水能好一点吧
Oh, yeah.

Oh, boy. Here.
天呐 给
Careful, your arm.
小心你的手臂
You all right? Mmmhmm.
你还好吗 嗯
I…

I guess I’m all right.
我想我应该没事
You okay?
你真的没事吗
Doctors told me that…
医生告诉我说
Well, I had cancer removed from my lung a while back
我之前开过刀的肺癌
and, small cell carcinoma.
小细胞癌
And they told me it’s spread to my brain.
他们说 已经扩散到我的大脑了
And they’ve only given me seven or eight months to live.
说我只有七八个月可以活了
I’m sorry.
太遗憾了
I’m sorry.
太遗憾了
I’m gonna take my trip.
我要去旅行
I’m gonna go back to Alaska again,
再去一次阿♥拉♥斯加
because of some good memories.
因为那里有很多美好的回忆
And, um,
然后
just do what I have to do.
去做我想做的事
I have this book called Final Exit by Dr. Kevorkian.
我有一本书 叫《最后的出口》 科沃基安医生写的
Some people call him Dr. Death.
有的人称他为”死亡医生”
And it’s like, various ways that you can end your life if you need to.
书里介绍了终结生命的许多方式
And, um, it’s kind of like a recipe.
就像是一本秘方一样
I have it, if I have to fall back on it for some ideas,
我有一本 如果要去书里找找灵感的话
but I’m not gonna spend any more time
但我不会再待在家里
indoors in a hospital.
待在医院里了
No, thanks.
不了 谢谢
I’m gonna be 75 this year
今年我就要75岁了
and I think I’ve lived a pretty good life.
我觉得我这一辈子过得挺不错了
I’ve seen some really neat things, kayaking, all those places.
我在到处划皮艇的时候见过很多美好的事物
And, you know, moose in the wild.
比如 野外的麋鹿
A moose family on a river in Idaho.
在爱达荷的河边见过一家子的麋鹿
And big, white pelicans landin’
还有在科罗拉多的湖上
just six feet over my kayak on a lake in Colorado.
一只大大的白色鹈鹕落在我的皮艇前方
Or, um, come around a bend, was a cliff,
还有在划过一个弯角后 有一块悬崖
and find hundreds and hundreds of swallow nests on the wall of the cliff.
我看到几百只燕子停在悬崖上
And the swallows flyin’ all around.
还有燕子在空中飞舞
And reflecting in the water
而且有了河水的倒映
so it looks like I’m flying with the swallows
看起来就像是我和燕子一起飞起来了
and they’re under me, and over me, and all around me.
而燕子就在我的四周飞舞
And the little babies are hatchin’ out
还有雏燕刚刚孵出壳
and egg shells are fallin’ out of the nests,
蛋壳从悬崖落到水面
landin’ on the water and floatin’ on the water.
在水面上漂浮着
These little white shells.
那些白白的小蛋壳
It’s like, well, it’s just so awesome.
简直太美妙了
I felt like I’d done enough. My life was complete.
我觉得我经历得够多了 我的人生已经完整了
If I died right then, that moment,
如果我在那一刻死去的话
it’d be perfectly fine.
对我来说 完全没有问题
I don’t know. Maybe when I die,
我也不知道 也许等我死了之后
my friends will gather around the fire
我的朋友们会围坐在篝火边
and toss a rock into the fire in memory of me.
将石头投入火中来纪念我
Oh, I see somethin’ neat.
哦 我看到了美好的东西
Here we go. And then pull it up
来 拉上来
and close it up.
然后往上一扣
How’s that?
这个怎么样
Oh! Look at this.
哦 看看这个
My grandmother made that for me, and gave it to me.
这是我奶奶做的 她给我的
So, enjoy. Take good care of it.
希望你喜欢 照顾好它
Thank you. Bye.
谢谢 再见
♪ I believed that love was here to stay
♪ 我相信爱会在这里停留
♪ Won’t you tell me where I’ve gone astray
♪ 你为何不告诉我 我在何处迷路
♪ Please answer me, my love
♪ 请回答我 我的爱人
♪ If you’re happier without me
♪ 如果没有我 你更快乐
♪ I’ll try not to care
♪ 我会试图不去在意
♪ But if you still think about me
♪ 但如果你仍记挂着我
♪ Please listen to my prayer
♪ 请聆听我的祈祷
♪ You must know I’ve been true
♪ 你须知我的真心
♪ Won’t you say that we can start anew
♪ 为何我们不能重新开始
♪ In my sorrow now I turn to you
♪ 我很难过 现在我来找你了
Can I tell you somethin’, Swankie?
我能跟你说件事吗 斯万基
What?
什么事
Been thinkin’ a lot about my husband Bo.
我经常会想起我的丈夫波
When it got really bad at the end,
到最后 他情况很糟
they had him in the hospital on morphine drip
被送进医院输吗♥啡♥了
and I would sit there at night, in the hospital.
晚上我会坐在医院里
And…

I’d wanna put my thumb down on that morphine drip just a little bit longer…
我会想用手指把吗♥啡♥按得更久一点
so I could let him go.
这样就能让他走了
Maybe I should have tried harder
也许我应该更狠一点
so he could have gone sooner without all that pain.
这样他可以走得更快 少受一些痛苦
Well, maybe he wouldn’t have wanted that.
也许他不想这样
Maybe he was tryin’ to stay with you as long as he could.
也许他想尽可能久地陪在你身边
I’m sure you took good care of him, Fern.
我相信你一定把他照顾得很好 弗恩
I did.
是的
Bye, Fern.
再见 弗恩
All right.
好的
♪ Hey, hey, how ’bout a drink?
♪ 要不要来一杯
♪ How about a toast to our friends?
♪ 要不要敬我们的朋友
♪ Not the friends you’re gonna see every day, no
♪ 不是那种每天都能见到的朋友
♪ Instead we’re gonna drink to the friends who had to go away
♪ 让我们要敬的是要离开的朋友
♪ I bet you know just who I mean
♪ 我想你们知道我说的是谁
♪ The friends who had to depart
♪ 不得不上路的朋友
♪ The friends in our heart
♪ 永远在我们心里的朋友
♪ Ya hear the blues in my boogie
♪ 你是否听到我歌♥里的布鲁斯
♪ Can you see the blood in my beer
♪ 你是否看到我啤酒中的血
♪ Just help me laugh at pain
♪ 帮我用笑赶走痛苦吧
♪ Help me smile away the tears
♪ 用笑擦干我的泪水
Fern!
弗恩
Hey. How you doin’?
你好吗
Thank you very much. Yeah, sure.
谢谢 好的
It’s just black, so… Ah, that’s good.
这是黑咖啡 挺好的
Hello. Coffee?
你好 需要咖啡吗
I know you. Yeah, hi. Dave. Right?
我认识你 是的 你好 是戴夫吧
Guess.
猜一下
Fern. Yes.
弗恩 猜对了
I have your can opener.
我拿了你的开罐器
Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you do.
对对对 没错
Are you working here now or…
你现在在这里工作吗
Yeah, first year.
是的 第一年
So, coffee?
要咖啡吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!