Just tell me when?
够了跟我说
You good? More?
够了吗 还要吗
Oh! She likes the red peppers.
看来她很喜欢辣椒
Cilantro? No!
香菜要吗 不了
No!
不要
I’m a Vietnam vet.
我是越战老兵
And, um, I got PTSD.
我有创伤后应激障碍
I really can’t handle loud noises,
我完全受不了嘈杂的噪声
uh, big crowds, fireworks.
人群 烟花
I got a pickup truck and a camper.
我有一辆皮卡和露营车
I can live out here…
我可以住在这里
and be at peace.
过得很安宁
I had, um, finally convinced my grandpa, and my papa, and my mama,
我好不容易说服我的爷爷 爸爸妈妈
that we should take off in an RV and see the country.
一起开着房♥车 走遍全国
But then both of them were told that they had cancer,
但然后他们就被查出得了癌症
they passed away three weeks apart.
并在三周内相继去世了
I began watching Bob Wells’ videos on van-dwelling.
我开始看鲍勃·威尔斯关于住在房♥车上的视频
Then I bought my van…
然后我买♥♥了一辆房♥车
Paint, because she takes me where I ain’t.
刷了漆 因为她能带我去我没去过的地方
And started my healing journey two and a half years ago.
然后在两年半前开始了我的治愈之旅
I worked for corporate America, you know, for 20 years.
我在美国公♥司♥工作了二十年
And my friend, Bill, worked for the same company,
我的朋友比尔也在同一个公♥司♥工作
and he had liver failure.
他得了肝功能衰竭
A week before he was due to retire,
在他快到退休时间的一周前
HR called him in hospice, and said…
人事给在临终关怀医院的他打了电♥话♥ 说
“Let’s talk about your retirement.”
“我们来谈谈你的退休计划吧”
And he died 10 days later,
十天后 他去世了
having never been able to take that sailboat
他还没有机会用上他买♥♥的帆船
that he bought out of his driveway.
还一直停在他家车道上
And he missed out on everything.
他错过了一切
And he told me before he died,
在他去世前 他对我说
“Just don’t waste any time, Merle.”
“不要浪费时间 梅尔”
“Don’t waste any time.”
“不要浪费时间”
So I retired as soon as I could.
所以我尽可能提前退休了
I didn’t want my sailboat to be in the driveway when I died…
我不希望到我死的时候 我的帆船还停在车道上
so, yeah…
所以是啊
And it’s not.
我想说它没有
My sailboat’s out here in the desert.
我的帆船在这里 在沙漠里
I can’t imagine what you’re going through,
我无法想象你在经历什么
the loss of your husband,
失去了丈夫
and the loss of your whole town, and friends,
失去了你的家园 你的朋友
and village,
你的村子
and that kind of loss is never easy.
这种失去绝非易事
And I wish I had an easy answer for you.
我希望能给你一个简单的答案
But I think you’ve come to the right place to find an answer.
但我觉得你来这里找答案是来对地方了
I think that…
我觉得
I think connecting to nature
我觉得亲近自然
and to a real true community and tribe,
生活在这样一个真正的群体中
will make all the difference for you.
会给你带来不一样的变化
I hope so.
但愿如此
Hey, Fern.
嘿 弗恩
Hey, Linda.
嘿 琳达
Come over and join us.
来和我们坐一起吧
No, I’m just gonna take a little walk.
不了 我想去走走
Okay. Be back soon.
好的 马上就回来
Hey. Good morning…
嘿 早上好
One of the questions that I get all the time is,
我经常被问到的一个问题是
“Bob, I have to live in the city.
鲍勃 我要住在城市里
“I’d like to be out here, but I can’t.
我也想住在郊外 但没办法
“How can I avoid the famous knock on the door?”
我怎么做才能不被敲门
So, I’ve developed what I call the Ten Commandments of Stealth Parking.
于是我总结了隐形停车的十项戒律
Stop being so quiet.
不要这么安静
And then, in and out. Just make…
然后你要往里往外 就是要
You gotta make the hole bigger
要把洞越弄越大才行
so the rope fits.
这样绳子就能用了
Very… Yeah. That’s it. That’s perfect.
很好 就是这样 非常好
Oh, my God. Ladies. Then you go…
天呐 然后你就可以
I love this lifestyle. It is a lifestyle of freedom
我喜欢这种生活方式 这是自♥由♥的
and beauty, and connection to the Earth.
美的 与大地亲近的方式
Yet there is a trade-off.
但这里有一个条件
You gotta learn how to take care of your own shit.
你得学会怎么处理自己拉的屎
Most of us, in this lifestyle, use a five-gallon bucket.
像我们这样生活的人一般会用一个五加仑的桶
Most of us are in vans or something larger.
大部分人都住在房♥车里的 或更大的车
I’m in a Prius,
我开的是普锐斯轿车
so I use a two-gallon bucket.
所以我用两加仑的桶
If you have bad knees,
如果你的膝盖不太好的话
you could use a seven-gallon bucket.
可以用七加仑的桶
Hi, Fern. Hi, guys.
你好 弗恩 你们好
Got these for you. Thank you. These are nice.
给你拿了这些来 谢谢 真好看
She always has some nice appliances.
她总会有一些不错的东西
Here, you should take this one.
给 你还是拿这个吧
That one’s kind of funky.
那个有点不太好使
Oh. These yours?
都是你的吗
Yeah. There’s a black hole in every van.
是的 每辆房♥车都有一个黑洞
Specially mine. One time I had seven of these can openers.
特别是我的车 我车上一度有七个开罐器
Doesn’t happen to me.
我不会这样
Trade you for a potholder. I make ’em.
拿锅垫跟你换吧 我自己做的
Okay, sure. Wow. What is this? Crochet?
好啊 这是怎么做的 钩针织的吗
No. Something different.
不是 不太一样的
Nice. Wow, that is nice.
不错 这个真不错
Uh-uh-uh. It’s going home with me.
别动 这个归我了
Okay.
好吧
See ya.
回见
Thank you. Yep.
谢谢 嗯
Seems like the work is not gonna be horrible.
看起来工作不会太可怕
Uh-oh, uh-oh, it’s sliding.
啊哦 流下来了
Do you take resumes?
你收简历吗
I’ll leave it with you, just in case.
我给你留一份吧 以防万一
No. Just go on… Go online?
不了 还是去 去网上申请吗
Yeah. Oh, okay.
是的 好吧
I got a four-pack for $100.
我这儿四个一组一百美元
Just like that.
就像这样
Did you feel it?
你能感觉到吗
That’s what it does to people.
它就是起这个作用的
It scared me. It scares them away.
吓死我了 可以把人吓走
You guys know how much money is sitting here?
你们说这里停了多少钱啊
It’s like they’re, uh, dinosaurs.
就像大恐龙一样
Nope. Watch out, watch out.
别动 小心
Watch the steps.
小心台阶
Welcome aboard.
欢迎上车
Whoa.
哇哦
Whoa. It’s like a disco.
哇 这里就像一个舞厅
Oh, my gosh.
我的天呐
Oh, the lighting is beautiful.
这个灯光也太好看了
Washer and dryer. Oh, my gosh.
洗衣机和烘干机 天呐
You’re kidding. Oh, man.
开玩笑吧 我的天
Okay, ladies, where are we going?
女士们 我们要去哪里呢
Hawaii. No, no.
夏威夷 不行
Well, yeah.
可以
Well, there’s water between here and there.
那里跟这里隔着海呢
Let’s not go to the East Coast.
我们不要去东海岸
There’s no place big enough over there to park something this size.
那里挤得很 停不下这么大的车
This is a magic bus.
这是一辆神奇的车
We could go to Hawaii.
我们可以去夏威夷
Okay. Hawaii.
好的 就去夏威夷
♪ In our vans again
♪ 再次开车上路
♪ Goin’ places that we’ve never been
♪ 前往从未前往的地方
♪ Going places we may never go again
♪ 前往不会再次前往的地方
♪ And we can’t wait to get in our vans again
♪ 迫不及待地要开车上路
♪ Rubber tramps again
♪ 再次来到营地

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!