I don’t want him sneakin’ up on me.
我可不想让它偷袭我
Thank you. Can you give me some more stuffing…
谢谢 多给我点馅料好吗
Corn? …and a little corn?
玉米呢 再来点玉米
What is that called?
那叫什么来着
Thanks, Fern.
谢谢 弗恩
Gravy?
肉汁
This turkey is so moist.
这火鸡真多汁
This is incredible food.
太好吃了
Thank you, Em. Thank you, James.
谢谢 谢谢詹姆斯
Wanna say a little somethin’.
我想说几句
To welcome… To Fern.
欢迎 敬弗恩一杯
Thanks! To this feast of a… a feast of a family, and…
谢谢 敬这场家宴 还有
to the new one, and
小婴儿 以及
and I guess the old ones, too,
以及老人们
and everybody in between. That’s all.
还有不老也不小的人 我讲完了
So, welcome, Fern. Welcome.
欢迎你 弗恩 欢迎
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Happy Thanksgiving.
感恩节快乐
Cheers, all.
干杯
Ah, the bells of Acrosanti.
亚高山地的铃♥声♥
That’s the problem. That’s the problem.
问题就在这儿 没错
And they’re not… No, they’re terrible.
它们不 它们糟糕得很
I like that name, Empire.
我喜欢恩派尔这个名字
You know, we had an airport, public pool,
我们有机场 公共泳池
a golf course.
高尔夫球场
Wow. Sounds nice.
哇 听起来不错
What was your house like there?
你在那儿的房♥子什么样
Nothing special. Just a company tract house.
没什么特别的 公♥司♥千篇一律的房♥子
Actually, it was special.
其实还挺特别的
We were right on the edge of town.
我们恰好在镇子边上
And our backyard looks out at this huge open space.
我们后院放眼望去极其开阔
It was just desert, desert, desert,
全是荒漠 荒漠 荒漠
all the way to the mountains.
一直延伸到山脚下
There was nothin’ in our way.
视线范围内什么都没有
You know, I’m really glad you’re here.
你来这里我真的很开心
Dave really likes you.
戴夫特别喜欢你
Yeah? Yeah.
是吗 是呀
He talks about you a lot.
他经常谈起你
Happy New Year.
新年快乐
Happy New Year!
新年快乐
Because she loved rocks.
她喜欢石头
See you down the road, Swankie.
我们路上再见 斯万基
Bo never knew his parents and we never had kids.
波没见过他父母 我们也没子女
If I didn’t stay,
要是我没留在那儿
if I left, it would be like he never existed.
要是我离开了 就好像他从未存在过一样
I couldn’t pack up and move on.
我没法整理好行装继续前进
He loved Empire.
他爱恩派尔
He loved his work so much.
他非常爱自己的工作
He loved being there. Everybody loved him.
他爱那里的生活 大家也都爱他
So I stayed.
所以我留下了
Same town, same house.
同一个小镇 同一间房♥子
It’s like my dad used to say,
就像我爸过去常说的
“What’s remembered lives.”
“回忆在 人就在”
I maybe spent too much of my life just remembering, Bob.
鲍勃 可能我这辈子只顾着回忆了
You know what I mean?
你明白吗
I can…

I can relate.
我感同身受
I rarely ever talk about my son.
我很少提起我儿子
But, uh, today would be…
但今天本来是
Today would be his 33rd birthday, and
今天本来是他33岁生日
five years ago, he took his life.
他五年前自杀了
And I can still barely say that in a sentence.
至今我也很难讲出口
And for a long time,
很长一段时间内
every day was, uh…
每天都
The question was…
问题是
how can I be alive on this Earth, when he’s not?
在没有他的世界里 我怎么活呢
And I didn’t have an answer.
我以前一直没有答案
And those were some hard, hard days.
那些日子很难熬
But…
但是
I realized that
我逐渐明白
I could honor him by, uh,
纪念他可以通过
helping people, and serving people.
帮助和服务他人的方式
It gives me a reason to go through the day.
我因此得以度日
Some days that’s all I’ve got.
有时 这就是我的全部
And out here, there’s a lot of people our age.
这条路上有很多咱们的同龄人
Inevitably, there’s grief and loss.
大家都背负着伤痛
And a lot of ’em don’t get over it either.
很多人也没走出来
And that’s okay.
这没关系的
That’s okay.
没关系的
One of the things I love most about this life
这种生活最吸引我的一点
is that there’s no final goodbye.
就是不会有诀别
You know, I’ve met hundreds of people out here and
我在路上遇见过几百人
I don’t ever say a final goodbye.
我从没说过永别
I always just say, “I’ll see you down the road.”
我都是说 我们路上再见
And I do.
也确实再见了
And whether it’s a month, or a year,
一个月后 一年后
or sometimes years,
有时是多年后
I see them again.
就再次相见了
And I can look down the road and I can be certain in my heart
我望着前路 心中确信
that I’ll see my son again.
我会再见到我儿子
You’ll see Bo again.
你会再见到波
And you can remember your lives together then.
到时你会回忆起你们共度的时光
Are you sure you don’t need any of this stuff?
确定这些都不要吗
No, don’t need any of it. I’m good.
确定 我都不需要 没问题的
I’m not gonna miss one thing.
我不会想念它们的
Well, we’ll see you later.
好了 我们后会有期
赵 婷
编剧 导演 剪辑

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!