副总统约翰逊正在宣誓就职
Vice President Johnson, shown here being sworn in…
迪克 你要打给鲍比吗?
Dick, are you gonna call? Bobby.
我去找约翰逊 我们会被邀请出席的
I’ll go through Johnson. We’ll be invited.
这对全国人♥民♥来说都是悲伤时刻
This is a sad time for all people.
我寻求你们的帮助
I ask for your help.
让越南实现
…and are going to see Vietnam through
光荣的和平
to an honorable peace…
为了捍卫光荣的事业
…to defend an honored cause,
无论付出多少代价 承受多少负担
whatever the price, whatever the burden…
付出多少牺牲
…whatever the sacrifice that duty may require.
因此 我不再寻求
Accordingly… I shall not seek…
也不再接受
…and I will not accept…
我党提名我连任下一届总统
…the nomination of my party for another term as your president.
晚安 上帝保佑你们
Good night, and God bless all of you.
约翰逊的退出使理查德·尼克松成为
Johnson’s withdrawal resurrects Richard Nixon
强有力的共和党候选人 他制定了结束战争的秘密计划
as a strong Republican candidate with a secret plan to end the war.
他的母亲汉娜·尼克松在去年离世前
His mother, Hannah Nixon, just before her death last year,
曾评论过儿子的前途
commented on her son’s chances.
尼克松太太 您认为您儿子是否将重返政界?
Mrs. Nixon, do you think your son will ever return to politics?
我认为他别无选择
I don’t think he has a choice.
他就是当领袖的料
He has always been a leader.
尼克松太太 您认为他会成为一位伟大的总统吗?
Do you think he’d make a great president, Mrs. Nixon?
如果他信奉上帝 那他会的
If he’s on God’s side, yes.
您一定很为您的儿子自豪
You must be very proud of your son.
我对我所有的孩子都感到自豪
I have always been proud of all of my children.
当然 没有人可以预知未来
Of course, no one can see into the future.
我们不知道这一天能否到来
We didn’t know this day would come.
他去哪儿了?-侧门
Where’d he go? – In the side door.
那是米切尔?-靠 错过了
Is that Mitchell? – Shit! Missed him.
我以为那家伙会吻你的手呢
I thought that guy was gonna kiss your hand on the side of it.
先生 恭喜 -谢谢
Congratulations, sir. – Yeah, thanks.
天啊 迪克 我从来没见过这样的
Jesus, Dick! I’ve never seen anything like it
甚至连他妈的《时代周刊》都在说你将获胜
Even the goddamn Times is saying you’ve got it.
越南问题将使你拉到更多选票 -这次我们搞定媒体了
Vietnam’s gonna put you in there. – We got the press this time.
我们抓到大头了 我们回来了 -这么说 你已经决定了?
We got the big mo. We’re back. – So you’ve decided.
你就没准备告诉我?
Were you planning to tell me?
我们什么都还没宣布呢 不过
We haven’t announced anything yet, but…
天哪 帕特?
Jesus. Uh… Pat?
伙计们 你们先去客厅等等好吗?怎么了 约翰?
Uh, wait in the living room, will you, fellas? What is it, John?
我们需要她 迪克 她可值五六百万张选票呢
You need her, Dick. In ’60, she was worth five, six million votes.
别担心 看我施展尼克松的魅力
Yeah. Don’t worry. I’ll use the old Nixon charm.
好
In there. OK.
谁抵得住这个?
Who could resist that?
老伴
Buddy?
你该出动了
You should be going.
初选马上就要开始了 对吗?在新汉普顿
Primaries are soon, aren’t they? New Hampshire.
我爱你 老伴 我需要你
I love you, Buddy. I need you.
我没要他们喜欢我
I don’t want them to love me.
但我需要你在那儿
But I need you out there.
这次跟上回不同 越战已经拖垮了民♥主♥党
It won’t be like the last time. The war’s crippled the Democrats.
我能获胜 我们当之无愧
I can win. We deserve it.
它最终是属于我们的
It’s ours, Buddy, at last.
你比谁都清楚这一点
Nobody knows that better than you.
我可是弗兰克·尼克松的儿子
Frank Nixon’s boy.
还记得妈妈怎么说的吗?我们和其他人不同
Do you remember what Mom said? We’re not like other people. We…
我们选不了自己的路
We don’t choose our way.
我们真的可以改变 老伴
We can really change things, Buddy.
我们有机会把事情做好 我们能够改变美国
We got a chance to get it right. We can change America.
这也是我们的梦想 老伴 我们永远一起
It was our dream, Buddy, together, always.
这真的是你想要的吗?-是的 超过一切
Do you really want this, Dick? – Yeah. This, above all.
这样你就幸福了?-你明白 我会的
And then you’ll be happy? – Yeah, you know I will. Yes! I will.
那我和你一起去吧
Then I’ll be there for you.
我们这次一定会赢的 我感觉得到
And we are gonna win this time. I can feel it.
耶
Yeah!
你是我所遇到的最坚强的女人
You’re the strongest woman I ever met, Buddy.
你能为我做一件事吗?-什么都答应你
Can I just ask for one thing? – Anything.
吻我 -好嘞
Would you kiss me? – Yeah!
我们会赢的
We’re gonna win the race.
下一站我们会赢得芝加哥 谢谢
My thanks. It’s on to Chicago and let’s win there. Thank you.
我从不怀疑肯尼迪参议员的爱国精神
I would never question Senator Kennedy’s patriotism.
可是在全国到处许诺“不惜任何代价的和平”
But going around the country, promising peace at any price
这正合北越的心意
is, uh, exactly what the North Vietnamese want to hear.
切到观众
Cue the crowd.
拍这个秃顶的家伙 他很棒 对吧?
Go to this bald guy. Yeah, he’s great, isn’t he?
我不像肯尼迪参议员
I, unlike Senator Kennedy,
我有一个立即结束战争的计划
have a plan to end the war immediately.
但不是不惜任何代价的和平 而是光荣的和平
But not for peace at any price, but peace with honor.
埃德加 你觉得他有什么计划呢?核攻击?
What do you think this plan is, Edgar? A nuclear attack?
他在撒谎 克莱德 他总是这样
He’s lying, Clyde. Always has.
这就是尼克松总有用处的原因
That’s why Nixon’s always been useful.
别动
Hold still.
下一个拍谁?-那个黑人
OK, who’s next? – The Negro.
我们得有一个黑人 那家伙正好在那儿
No, we gotta have a Negro. This guy right here.
前排的那个
Negro, front row.
尼克松先生 -嗯
Mr. Nixon, sir. – Yeah.
您一直靠诽谤别人是共♥产♥党
We all know you have built your career
来成就自己的事业
on smearing people as Communists.
而且你现在正在通过分♥裂♥这个国家
And now you are building your campaign
来促成自己的竞选
on the divisions in this country,
煽风点火 让人们相互争斗
stirring up hatred and turning people against each other.
他妈的在干嘛 演讲吗 -切掉他
What the fuck’s he doing? A speech! – Cut him off.
不行 这又不是苏联 -听着是个黑人
I can’t. This isn’t Russia. – Sounds like a Negro.
说些黑人问题啊 他在搞毛啊?-拍的时候就像个白人了
Saying Negro things. What’s he doing? – Sounded white when we screened.
现在听着不像白人 倒像是安吉拉·戴维斯
Doesn’t sound white now, sounds like Angela Davis.
你能不能告诉我们你到底代表谁?
When are you gonna tell us what you really stand for?
放广♥告♥ -没有广♥告♥
Go to commercial! – There are no commercials.
你买♥♥断了这半个小时 -操
You bought the whole half hour. – Shit!
你什么时候摘下面具 向我们展示真面目?
When are you going to take off that mask and show us who you really are?
给我闭嘴坐下吧
Shut up and sit down!
好 好 -这可要难到你了 头儿
OK. OK. – It’s a high hard one, chief.
挺住 -是的 这个国家是在分♥裂♥
Park it. – There are divisions in this country.
是因为你造成了不和 -不是我 是民♥主♥党造成的
That’s because you created them. – I did not. The Democrats did.
如果这就是你所想要的对谈 你更可能从我这里得到
If it’s dialogue you want, you’re more likely to get it from me
而不是那些想把城市烧毁的人 想想吧
than from people burning down cities. Just think about it.
伟大的金博士说过同样的话 -哦 拜托
Dr. King said the same thing. – Oh, please.
年轻人 你知道谁是真正的英雄么?是亚伯拉罕·林肯
You know, young man, who a great hero is? Abraham Lincoln.
亚伯拉罕·林肯 -林肯 说得好啊
Abraham Lincoln. – Lincoln. Is he beautiful?
他相信人们之间是有共同利益的 他使我们国家团结
He believed in common ground. He brought this country together.
我爱死他了
I love that man. I love him.
我要放这个黑鬼进来的王八蛋滚蛋
I want the son of a bitch who got that agitator in here fired!
我还有一个问题 -那边坐着一个小女孩
I have another question. – There’s a little girl sitting here.
那个女孩拿着一个牌子 -拍那边
A little girl sitting with a sign. – Bag the spook. Go to the girl.
看见那个女孩了吗?-标语上只有两个简单的字
Can you see the girl? – There are three simple words:
“团结” 这就是我的目标
“Bring us together.” That is what I want,
也是大多数沉默着的美国人的愿望
and that is what the great silent majority of Americans want.
这就是我竞选总统的目的 团结起来
And that is why I want to be president. To bring us together.
饶了我吧 -大家都认识我 我是你们的一员
Give me a break, Mary. – Now, you all know me. I’m one of you.
我生长在离这儿一箭之遥的
I grew up here, a stone’s throw from here,
约巴林达的一个小柠檬种植园 -全加州最穷的柠檬园
on a lemon ranch in Yorba Linda. – Poorest lemon ranch in California.
我可以告诉你们 那里是全加州最穷的柠檬园
Poorest lemon ranch in California, I can assure you of that.
我父亲在人们发现那儿有石油之前卖♥♥掉了它
My dad sold it before they found oil. – My dad sold it before they found oil.
可它毕竟是我们的全部家当
But it was all we had. – But it was all we had.
我爸爸亲手盖的房♥子 -你是新来的 叫什么?
My dad built the house with his hands. – You’re new here. What’s your name?
华金 胡佛先生
Joaquin, Mr. Hoover.
哦
Oh.
我父亲牺牲了一切来让他的孩子上大学
My father sacrificed everything he had so that his sons could go to college.
我母亲是虔诚的教♥徒♥ -天哪
A gentle Quaker mother quietly wept – Oh, Christ.
当我父亲被召参军时 -把电视关了 克莱德
when he went to war. – Turn this crap off, Clyde.
他的讲话搞得我头痛
It’s giving me a headache.
你去吧 华金
You may go, Joaquin.