先生 我们可以从头再来 但是人手不够了
We could start again, sir, but we don’t really have the staff to do that.
那就从头再来!
Then start over! Just start over!
全世界只能看到我让他们看的东西
The world will see only what I show ’em!
艾尔 罗恩 从第一页开始
From page one, Al. Page one, Ron!
罗恩 过来做点事
Ron, get in there and do something.
所有这些东西
All this stuff.
还有5秒 总统先生
Five seconds, Mr. President.
4 3 2
And four, three, two…
晚上好 我的美国同胞们
Good evening, my fellow Americans.
今晚我将采取一个
Tonight I’m taking an action
这间办公室里前所未有的过的行动
unprecedented in the history of this office.
在一年前的3月21日约翰·迪恩告诉我经过之前
I had no knowledge of the cover-up till John Dean told me about it
我对掩盖真♥相♥的情况一无所知 -我要吐了
on March 21st, a year ago. – I think I’m going to throw up.
没有向亨特或其他人付过钱
…no payment to Hunt or anyone else be made.
他脱离了现实 -我犯了错误
He’s lost touch with reality. – I’ve made my mistakes,
但我从来没有在公务中捞过一分钱
but in all my years of public life, I have never profited.
你能想象如果这个人曾经被爱过
Can you imagine what this man would have been
会是什么样吗?-每一分钱都是我自己挣来的
had he ever been loved? – I’ve earned every penny.
在我多年的公务中 从来没有妨碍过司法公正
In all of my years of public life I have never obstructed justice.
这是一个悲剧 因为他手握大权
It’s a tragedy because he had greatness in his grasp.
我迎接这场检察 -他品德有缺陷
I welcome this examination. – But had the defects of his qualities.
我挣了25万美元 -他们将置他于死地
I made $250,000… – They’ll crucify him.
现在还有人在乎吗?
Does anybody really care anymore?
…你们中的许多人都能挣到
…which many of you were good enough to purchase.
接下来会发生什么?
And what happens after?
…每年
…every year.
1968年 当我决定成为总统的候选人时
When l, in 1968 decided to become a candidate for the president,
我决定洗心革面 把一切都投入到房♥地♥产♥行业
I decided to clean the decks and to put everything in real estate.
这就是钱的来源 这是我的全部财产
So, that’s where the money came from. That’s all I own.
这就是我们所拥有的 也是我们所欠的
That’s what we have, and that’s what we owe.
因为人们必须知道他们的总统
Because people have got to know whether or not their president…
是不是一个骗子
…their president is a crook.
嗯 我不是一个骗子 一切都是我自己挣来的
Well, l am not a crook. I’ve earned everything I have
…就是没有一件貂皮大衣
…doesn’t have a mink coat.
她确实有一件体面的共和党外套
She does have a respectable Republican cloth coat.
我总是告诉她 她穿什么都好看
And I always tell her she’d look good in anything.
我的任期里没有非法获得过金钱
There has never been any feathering of nests. Not in this administration.
这些是我要说的
Now, let me just say this.
我想对电视观众说…
And I want to say this to the television audience…
最高法庭今天以8票对0票裁决
Supreme Court ruled today eight to nothing that Nixon’s claims
尼克松总统援引的“行政特权”不能适用在刑事案件中
of executive privilege cannot be used in criminal cases
他必须交出传票要求的所有录音带 -众议院司法委员会
and must turn over subpoenaed tapes. – The House Judiciary Committee
以27票对11票通过
has voted 27 to 11
建议对全院进行责问
to recommend impeachment to the House.
审议现在已经扩大到众议院
The deliberations now go to the House floor.
在报告中 委员会提供的证据表明
In its report, the committee offers evidence Nixon obstructed justice
尼克松至少有36次妨碍司法公正 怂恿助手作伪证
on at least 36 occasions, that he encouraged his aides to commit perjury
并滥用职权
and that Nixon abused the powers of his office.
在另一份报告中 参议院特别委员会
In a separate report, the Senate Select committee
历数了他非法动用档案局、联邦调查局、中♥央♥情报局
details the misuse of the l.R.S., the F.B.l., the C.l.A.
和司法部
and the justice department.
报告痛斥“管工”组织 并提出一个问题
It denounces the plumbers and it raises the question
1972年的美国总统选举是否合法有效
of whether the United States had a valid election in 1972.
进来
Come in.
《海上的胜利》 艾尔 亨利 太平洋剧院的
Victory at Sea, Al. Henry. The Pacific Theatre.
上帝啊 你几乎都可以感觉到海浪拍打在甲板上
Christ, you can almost hear the waves breaking over the decks.
恐怕又出现了一个新问题 总统先生
I’m afraid we have another problem, Mr. President.
打扰了 先生们
Excuse me, gentlemen.
1972年6月23日
June 23rd, ’72, sir.
您给霍尔德曼的针对中情局和联邦调查局的指示
Your instructions to Haldeman regarding the C.I.A. and the F.B.I.
怎么了?
So?
您的律师认为这是确凿的证据
Your lawyers feel that it’s the smoking gun.
完全是断章取义 我是为了保护国♥家♥安♥全♥
Totally out of context. I was protecting the national security.
先生 今天是截止期了
Sir, the deadline is today.
我们能绕过去吗 艾尔?
Can we get around this, Al?
这是最高法庭 先生 您绕不过去
It’s the Supreme Court, sir. You don’t get around it.
如果
If, uh…
如果您辞职 您可以把录音带作为私人财产加以保留
If you resign, you can keep your tapes as a private citizen.
你可以和他们长♥期♥战斗下去
You could fight them for years.
如果我要留任呢?
What if I stay?
您掌握着军队
You have the army.
军队?
The army?
林肯用过
Lincoln used it.
当时是打内战
That was civil war.
您怎么看这一次?
How do you see this?
哎 天啊
Oh, God.
我们这回躲不过去了 先生
We can’t survive this, sir.
他们还掌握了您指示迪恩花钱买♥♥通了亨特的情况
They also have you instructing Dean to make the pay off to Hunt.
没有什么总统的声明解释不了的
There’s nothing in that statement the president can’t explain.
先生 您又说要把猪湾事件公之于众了
Sir, you talked about opening up the whole Bay of Pigs thing again.
没错 -三天之前 在6月20日的录音带上
That’s right. – Three days before, the June 20th tape.
就是有十八分钟空白的那盘录音带 -我什么都不知道
The one with the 18-minute gap. – I don’t know anything about that.
您几次提到“猪湾事件”
You mentioned the Bay of Pigs several times.
他们迟早要知道这是什么意思
Sooner or later, they’re going to want to know what that means.
他们想知道那段空白到底是什么
They’re going to want to know what’s on that gap.
已经抹掉了 谁也不会发现上面到底说的是什么
It’s gone. No one will ever find out what’s on it.
他们有可能…如果存在另一个记录的话
They might if there was another recording.
我们都认为这是可能的
We both know it’s possible.
我有根据
I know for a fact that it’s possible.
我已经跟福特谈过
I’ve spoken to Ford.
他很有可能会赦免你
There’s a very strong chance that he’ll pardon you.
看在上帝的份上 我不需要什么交易 我…
I don’t need a goddamned deal, for God’s sake. I…
这是您将不得不做的事情 总统先生
This is something that you will have to do, Mr. President.
您还是现在做为好
I thought you’d rather do it now.
我在外面等着
I’ll wait outside.
先生
Sir.
我能说两句吗 先生 如果您现在留下来
May I say, sir, that if you stay now,
国家和外交政策将陷于瘫痪
it will paralyze the nation and its foreign policy.
你总有很好的见机行事感 亨利
You always had a great sense of timing, Henry.
什么时候给与 什么时候索取
When to give and when to take.
你认为毛和勃列日涅夫会有什么反应?
How do you think Mao and Brezhnev will react?
你觉得他们会怎样回想我 亨利
Do you think they’ll remember us, Henry,
在你我一起干出这一番大事之后?
after all the great things you and I did together,
把我回忆成某种…骗子
as some kind of… of crooks?
他们会理解的 被一桩三流盗窃案搞垮
They will understand. To be undone by a third-rate burglary
是载入史册的命运使然
is a fate of biblical proportions.
历史将会善待您 远远超出您的同代人
History will treat you far more kindly than your contemporaries.

Yeah.
那要取决于谁来著史
Depends who writes the history books.
我不是一个半途而废的人
I’m not a quitter, never have been.
但也不笨
But I’m not stupid either.
一次审判就会要了我的命 这就是他们希望的
A trial would kill me. That’s what they want.
可他们休想
They won’t get it. Fuck ’em.
如果他们折磨您 我也会辞职 而且我将向世界说清楚
If they harass you, I too will resign, and I will tell the world why.
别傻了 世界需要你 亨利
Don’t be stupid. The world needs you, Henry.
你总是见大世面的
You always saw the big picture.
在许多方面你和我不相上下
You were my equal in many ways.
你是我唯一的朋友 亨利
You’re the only friend I got, Henry.
你祈祷吗?
Do you ever pray?
你知道…信仰某个至高无上的神?
You know, believe in a supreme being?
并不 您是指跪下来那种?
Not really. You mean on my knees?
我母亲常常祈祷
My mother used to pray a lot.
我已经很久没有祈祷了
It’s been a long time since I really prayed.
我们祈祷吧 亨利
Let’s pray, Henry.
我们来祈祷一下 就你我
Let’s pray a little. Just you and me.
我希望这样做没有使你难堪
I hope this doesn’t embarrass you, Henry.
一点也没有
No. Not at all, no.
这事不会被泄露出去 对吗?
This is not going to leak, is it?
不要太骄傲 亨利
Don’t be too proud, Henry.
跪在上帝面前的时候永远不要太骄傲
Never be too proud to go on your knees before God.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!