上帝啊
My God.
帕特
Pat!
帕特
Pat!
他有胸痛吗?-他醒来就咳血了
Has he had chest pains? – He woke up coughing blood!
我在这儿负责
I’m in charge here!
他呼吸困难吗?
Has he been short of breath?
没有 他一口咬定得了肺结核 -为什么是肺结核?
No, and he’s sure that he has T.B.! – Why T.B.?
因为他的家人得过 他的兄弟得过
Because his family had it. His brother had it.
灌满了 -理查德
I think it’s flooded. – Richard.
开始静脉注射
Get those I.V.s started.
请躺下 迪克
Please lie down, Dick.
他们需要你躺下 -给他镇静剂
They need you to lie down! – Sedate him!
迪克 迪克
Dick. Dick.
理查德?
Richard?
妈妈 -很快 你们就得…
Mother. – Pretty soon, you boys’ll have to…
也许该去木棚旅行一趟了
Maybe a trip to the woodshed’ll…
爸爸
Daddy?
副总统阿格纽今天辞职
Vice President Agnew has resigned today pleading no contest
对逃税指控不作任何抗辩
to charges of income tax evasion.
水门事件特别检察官阿奇博德·考克斯
This follows Watergate Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox’s
继续调查尼克松总统的财务状况
continuing investigation into President Nixon’s finances.
总统在1971年和1972年
The president paid no income tax
没有缴税 -他们需要你躺下 迪克
in 1971 and ’72 – They need you to lie down, Dick.
并可能用资金改善了他在圣克莱门特的住所
…and may have used funds to improve his residence in San Clemente…
哪里来的血?他怎么了?
Where’s the blood coming from? What’s wrong with him?
他得的是急性病毒性肺炎和严重的静脉炎
He’s got an acute viral pneumonia and a very serious phlebitis.
如果凝块破裂 它可能会进入肺部
If a clot were to break loose, it could go into his lungs.
哦 不
Oh, no.
总统已经回到了白宫
The president has returned to the White House.
但阿奇博德·考克斯向总统宣战 发出传票
But Archibald Cox has declared war by issuing a subpoena
要求总统交出九盘录音带 -不交!除非跨过我的尸体
for nine of the president’s tapes. – Never! Over my dead body.
这是总统的个人财产
It’s the president’s personal property.
我决不会把我的磁带给一群支持肯尼迪的民♥主♥党混♥蛋♥
I’ll never give up my tapes to a bunch of Kennedy-loving, Democrat cocksuckers.
这样做会引发控告 他们会上交到最高法庭
This could trigger the impeachment. They’ll go to the Supreme Court.
那三个畜牲是我任命的 我不会把录音带交给他们
I appointed three of those bastards. I’ll never give them my tapes.
总统能承受无视传票的后果吗?
Can the president afford to ignore a subpoena?
考克斯以为他妈的他是谁?我从没在公务上挣过一分钱
Who the hell does Cox think he is? I’ve never made a dime from public office.
我很诚实 我父亲死于破产
I’m honest. My dad died broke. Jesus.
狗♥娘♥养♥的考克斯和杰克·肯尼迪上的同一所法学院
That son of a bitch Cox, he went to the same law school as Jack Kennedy.
权势集团的最后一着
The last gasp of the establishment.
哼 他们在大选中被踢了出来
Yeah, they got the hell kicked out of ’em in the election
所以现在拿水门事件大做文章
so now they gotta squeal about Watergate
因为我们是他们多年来遇到的第一个真正威胁
’cause we were the first real threat to them in years.
天哪 我们本可以改变 变到他们再过多少年也变不回来
My God, we would’ve changed it so they couldn’t have changed it back in years.
嗯
Yeah.
要是… -总统先生
If only the, uh… – Mr. President.
先生 国会… -不 在这儿 先生
Sir, Congress is… – No, over here, sir.
国会正在考虑弹劾的四项内容
Sir, Congress is considering four articles of impeachment.
因为什么?-非常严厉的指控 先生
Yeah. For what? – They’re very serious charges, sir.
第一 滥用职权 -呵
First, abuse of power. – Yep.
第二 防碍司法公正 -还有呢?
Second, obstruction of justice. – What else?
第三 拒绝与国会合作
Third, the failure to cooperate with Congress.
最后一条 轰炸柬埔寨 -不能为柬埔寨弹劾我
And last, bombing Cambodia, sir. – Can’t impeach me for Cambodia.
总统想炸谁就可以炸谁
The president can bomb anybody he likes.
没错 -这一点上我们必胜无疑 但另外三点
That’s true. – We’ll win that, but the other three…
弗雷德 他们卖♥♥票 -是罗恩 先生
Fred, they sell tickets. – It’s Ron, sir.
他们把弹劾的票卖♥♥得跟马戏团门票一样
They sell tickets to an impeachment like a damn circus.
好吧 他们要弹劾我 去他们的
OK, so they impeach me. Well, fuck ’em!
这是一个数学题
Yeah, well, it’s just a matter of mathematics.
我们在参议院有多少票?
How many votes we have in the Senate?
大约十几张 -十几张?
About a dozen. – A dozen?
天 他们当中有一半是我让他们当选的
Jeez, I got half of ’em elected.
我至少还有南方 戈德华特和他的那帮仔子
OK, so I got the South and Goldwater and his boys.
我要在参议院试试运气
I’ll take my chances in the Senate.
应该这样 -这该死的腿
Yes, we should. – This damn leg.
那么 先生
Well, then, sir, we’ll, uh…
我们将不得不面对撤职
…have to deal with the possibility of removal from office,
丧失养老金的可能性 甚至可能入狱
loss of pension and possibly… possibly even prison.
许多人在监狱中写下了自己最好的文章
Yeah, well, plenty of people did their best writing in prison.
甘地 列♥宁♥ -没错
Gandhi, Lenin. – That’s right.
就我对这个国家的了解 我可以分♥裂♥它
What I know about this country, I could rip it apart.
如果他们想公开羞辱我 他们将落得这个下场
If they want a public humiliation, that’s what they’ll get.
嗯 他们会的 -我决不会辞去这个职务 决不
Yes, they will. – I’ll never resign this office. Never.
我他妈的走到哪儿了?-是战俘和他们的家人
Where the fuck am I? What’s in there? – The P.O.W.s and their families.
那我应该… -富有同情心 充满感激
I’m supposed to be… – Compassionate, grateful…
自豪 -先生?
Proud. – Sir?
为他们自豪 -当然了
Proud. Of them. – Oh, yes, of course.
撤他的职 -谁?
Fire him. – Who?
考克斯 撤他的职 -可他是为检查官工作的
Cox. Archibald Cox. Fire him! – He works for the attorney general.
只有理查德森才有权撤他的职 -先生 我可以说出我的担忧吗
Only Richardson can fire him. – May I echo my concern, sir?
那么叫理查德森撤了他 -理查德森不会这么做的
Then tell Richardson to fire him! – Well, Richardson won’t do that, sir.
他会辞职 -那就如他愿 也赶走他
He’ll resign. – The hell he will. Then fire him too.
如果你得去司法部
If you have to go down to the janitor at the justice department
那就撤了那个王八蛋
fire that son of a bitch.
我能说两句吗?先生
Mr. President, may I just say something, sir?
我认为您应该迎接那张传票
I think that you should welcome this subpoena.
为什么?-是这样 先生
Why? – Well, sir,
那些录音带只能证明迪恩是个骗子 对吧?
the tapes can only prove that Dean was a liar. Right?
是啊 先生
That’s right, sir.
呃 还有更多信息
Well, there’s more.
不仅是我 还有更多信息
There’s more than just me.
不能漏出去 我的孩子
You can’t break, my boy.
即便一切完了
Even though it’s ended.
不能承认一切都完了 即使是对你自己
You can’t admit, even to yourself, when it’s gone.
你认为那些战俘会承认一切都完蛋了吗?
Do you think those P.O.W.s in there did?
有一些人我们都清楚 艾尔
Now, there’s some people, and we both know them, Al
以为你可以站在斗牛场当中哭喊
think you can go stand in the middle of a bull ring
“我错了 我错了?
and cry “mea culpa, mea culpa,”
而人群却在向你吹口哨、作怪声、吐唾沫
while the crowd is hissing and booing and spitting on you.
可总有一个人不哭喊 我不哭喊
Well, a man doesn’t cry. I don’t cry.
你也别喊 你得战斗
You don’t cry. You fight.
好
OK.
女士们先生们 欢迎总统!
Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States!
晚上好 我们中断本次节目 插播一条来自NBC新闻的特别报导
Good evening. We interrupt this program for a special report from NBC news.
全国可能正处在
The country is in the midst
有史以来最严重的一次宪♥政♥危机之中
of what may be the most serious constitutional crisis in its history.
尼克松总统撤掉了特别检查官阿奇伯尔德·考克斯的职务
President Nixon has fired special prosecutor Archibald Cox.
司法部长埃利奥特·理查德森已辞职
Attorney General Elliot Richardson has quit
其副手威廉·拉克尔肖斯也因拒绝执行同一命令被撤职
and his deputy William Ruckelshaus was fired when he refused to fire Cox.
司法部长罗伯特·博克执行了尼克松的命令
Attorney General Robert Bork executed Nixon’s orders,
解雇了检察官 -为了阻止弹劾的进行
fired the prosecutor. – …to head off impeachment proceedings
总统同意公布46段录音对话的文字记录
the president has agreed to release transcripts of 46 taped conversations.
在一个简单的仪式上 杰拉尔德·福特宣誓就任副总统
In a simple ceremony, Gerald Ford was sworn in as vice president.
法官以行为不当为由 解除了对丹尼尔·埃尔斯伯格的所有指控
Citing wrongdoing, a judge has dismissed all charges against Daniel Ellsberg.
大陪审团起诉了尼克松的前助手霍尔德曼 埃里克曼
A grand jury has indicted former Nixon aides Haldeman, Ehrlichman…
你们是律师 怎么能够放这样的东西出去
You’re a lawyer, for God’s sake. How can you let this shit go through?
看!这个?尼克松可不会说这个 -您的确说了 先生
Look. This. Nixon can’t say that. – Well, you did say it, sir.
我从来没有这样说过犹太人
Never! I never said that about Jews.
听起来像个反犹分子 -我们可以再和录音带对一遍
Makes me sound like an anti-Semite. – We can check the tapes again.
不必了 我知道我说过什么 你疯了吗?看 艾尔
No need. I know what I said. Have you lost your mind? Look, Al!
尼克松不能说什么“黑鬼” 我没说过!
Nixon can’t say this! “Niggers. Niggers.” It can’t say that!
我们可以删掉 -我们正在尽力而为
We could delete it. – We’re doing the best we can.
还不够 -您想让我们涂黑吗 先生?
It’s not good enough! – Would you have us black it out, sir?
我们可以写上“脏话删除” -把所有“该死的”
We could write “expletive deleted.” – Cut all these “goddamns”
“上帝啊”去掉 上帝啊
and “Jesus Christs” out. Jesus.
总统先生 您有没有注意到 要是把这些地方都删去
Mr. President. Don’t you see that all these deletion marks in the transcripts
搞得您像是从头到尾除了宣誓 什么也没说?
make it look as though you… you do nothing but swear?
它玷污了人们对我母亲的记忆
It soils my mother’s memory.
你以为我想让全世界都看到我妈这个样子吗?
You think I want the whole goddamn world to see my mother like this?
养出个满嘴脏话的儿子?
Raising a dirty-mouth?