你觉得米切尔或霍尔德曼连一次也没跟他商量过?
You think Mitchell or Haldeman wouldn’t have run it by him at least once?
没有理查德·尼克松的允许
The president’s men did nothing,
总统的人不会采取行动
nothing without Richard Nixon’s permission.
约翰 迟早…
John, sooner or later…
迟早你会学到所有曾经接近过
Sooner, I think, you’re going to learn the lesson that’s been learned
理查德·尼克松的人都学到的教训
by everyone who’s ever gotten close to Richard Nixon.
他是黑吃黑
That he’s the darkness reaching out for the darkness.
到最后 不是你死就是他亡
And eventually it’s either you or him.
他已经在为你挖坟墓了 约翰
Your grave’s already been dug, John.
尚未上任的联邦调查局局长L·帕特里克·格雷透露
F.B.I. director-designate L. Patrick Gray
约翰·迪恩一直秘密地接收联邦调查局关于水门事件的报告
shocked the Senate by revealing that John Dean
这令参议院大吃一惊
has been secretly receiving F.B.I. reports on Watergate.
皇冠 我是回声六号♥ 你好吗 先生?
Crown, this is Echo Six. How are you, sir?
格雷还说 迪恩谎称霍华德·亨特
Gray also said that Dean lied when he claimed Howard Hunt
在白宫没有办公室
did not have an office in the White House.
他怎么了?-心情不好
How is he? – He’s in a bad mood.
他迟到了 先坐
He’s running late. Have a seat.
这是黑♥手♥党♥那种人才能干出来的事情
This is the sort of thing Mafia people can do.
洗钱 诸如此类的事情 我们只是不知道这些事情
Washing money, things like that. We don’t know about these things
因为我们不是罪犯 -你需要多少?
because we’re not criminals. – How much you need?
我得说这些人在今后两年之中将需要一百万美元
I would say these people will cost a million dollars over the next two years.
我们会弄到这笔钱的
We could get that.
弄一百万美元现金 我知道从哪儿可以弄到
Get a million dollars in cash. I know where it could be gotten.
我还是不确定我们能否挺过去
I’m still not confident we can ride through this.
有的人肯定会进监狱 亨特不是唯一的问题
Some people are gonna have to go to jail. Hunt’s not the only problem.
霍尔德曼让我用他保险箱里的三十五万现金来付款
Haldeman let me use the $350,000 cash fund in his safe to make the payments.
埃里克曼在艾尔斯伯格入室案中曾扮演了一个大角色
Ehrlichman had a role, a big role, in the Ellsberg break-in.
啊 我不知道
Oh, I don’t know about that.
还有…我…
And… And I’m…
我认为现在是我们开始考虑削减损失的时候了
I think it’s time we begin to think in terms of cutting our losses.
约翰 你是说丢卒保车
Are you… You’re saying cut our losses, John, and all the rest.
假设事情真的闹大了 他们起诉了鲍勃和其他人
And, you know, suppose the thing blows and they indict Bob and the others?
上帝啊 你可就全完了 约翰
Jesus, you’d never recover from that, John. I mean…
不 还是抗争下去为好 而且不要让人去作证
No, it’s better to fight it out instead and not let people testify.
先生 我还是认为我们包不下去了
Sir, I, I still don’t think we can contain this anymore.
总统职位上长了一个瘤子 而且每天越长越大
There’s a cancer on the presidency, and it’s growing with every day…
上帝啊 你知道么
Jesus, you know, every…
在高级知识分子眼中一切都是危机 那些没主见的
Everything’s a crisis among the upper intellectual types, the softheads.
普通民众不大会认为它是一次危机
The average people don’t think it’s much of a crisis.
看在上帝的份上 这不是越南 这儿没有人要死去
For Christ’s sake, this is not Vietnam. No one’s dying here.
是不是太可笑了?
I mean, isn’t it ridiculous?
我同意 这很可笑 但是… -真♥他♥妈♥疯了
I agree. It’s ridiculous but… – It’s goddamn crazy!
戈德华特说得对 他说
Goldwater was right when he said
“看在上帝的份上 每个人都在互相窃听” 我们知道
“For Christ’s sakes, everybody bugs everybody else.” We know that.
约翰 真正坏事的不是事件本身 而是掩盖事实
It’s the cover-up, John, not the deed, that’s really bad here.
只要米切尔能够挺身而出 包揽下来
If only Mitchell could step up and take the brunt of it, you know.
给他们点小菜 也许他们就不会回来吃主菜了
Give ’em the hors d’oeuvre. Maybe they won’t come back for the main course.
这是这一切的悲剧所在
You know, that’s the tragedy in all this. Uh…
反正米切尔也躲不过去 是他承担责任的时候了
Mitchell’s gonna get it anyway, so it’s time he assumed responsibility.
你没注意到
You’re not paying attention.
他不会的 他告诉过埃里克曼他不会的
He won’t. He’s told Ehrlichman he won’t.
你告诉迪克老兄 我没注意这些杂种在干什么
You tell my good friend Dick I got suckered into this thing
反而让这事给缠住了
by not paying attention to what these bastards were doing.
我没有良心不安 他也不该
I don’t have a guilty conscience, and he shouldn’t either.

Yeah.
他是对的
Well, he’s right.
也许到了好汉做事好汉当的时候了 约翰
Maybe it is time to, uh, go the hang-out route, John.
接受全面调查
A full and thorough investigation.
我们已经和联邦调查局配合了 还将与参议院配合
We’ve cooperated with the F.B.I. We’ll cooperate with the Senate.
我们有什么可隐藏的?-对 我们没什么可隐藏的
What have we got to hide? – No, we’ve nothing to hide.
没什么可隐藏的
No. Nothing to hide.
你知道么
You know, the only…
计划中唯一的缺点是他们不会相信事实
The only fault in the plan is they’re not gonna believe the truth.
真是难以置信的事 -我同意 它很蹊跷
That’s the incredible thing. – I agree. It’s… it’s tricky.
好像所有的事情都和这儿有关系
Everything seems to lead back here.
人们永远也不会明白 -是的
People would never understand. – No.
约翰 我要你远远躲开这个疯人院
John, I want you to get away from this madhouse.
我需要那些记者
I want these reporters.
我要你去戴维营度周末 写一份报告
I want you to go up to Camp David for the weekend and write up a report.
把你所知道的关于水门事件的事全都写下来 并说
Put everything you know about Watergate in there and say,
“总统先生 全都在里面了” 好吗?
“Mr. President, here it all is.” OK?
你要我全部写下并签名?
You want me to put it all in writing over my signature?
在这件事上你比谁知道的都多 约翰
Well, uh… nobody knows more about this thing than you do, John.
你知道细节 那些我不知道的事情
You know, the details. That stuff I don’t know. But.
先生 我可不当这件事的替罪羊
Sir, I’m not going to be the scapegoat for this.
霍尔德曼和埃里克曼和我陷得一样深
Haldeman and Ehrlichman are in it just as deep as I am.
不 约翰 你不会走上那条路 我记得…
No, now, John, you don’t wanna start down that road. I remember, uh…
惠特克·钱伯斯 一个吃了许多苦头的人
…Whittaker Chambers telling me back in ’48.
他在1948年告诉过我
He was a man who suffered greatly.
他说“在告密者的道路上永远是黑夜”
And he said, “On the road of the informer, it is always night.”
这件事超越了你我 它事关国家 事关总统
Now, it’s beyond you, or even me, John. It’s the country. It’s the presidency.
我明白 先生 -你知道我多么看重忠诚
I understand that, sir. – You know how I feel about loyalty.
我向你保证我不会让我的任何人进监狱
I’m not gonna let any of my people go to jail, that I promise you.
重要的是这事别让霍尔德曼和埃里克曼知道
The important thing is to keep this away from Haldeman and Ehrlichman.
你办这件事我放心 约翰 我对你完全有信心 好吗?
I’m trusting you to do this, John, and I have complete confidence in you. OK?
我会完成的 -好
I’ll work on it. – OK.
向你的妻子问好 行吗?
Say hi to that wife of yours, will you? Good.
擦 -真不巧
Shit. – It happens.
这地方一团糟
The place is a shambles.

Hey!
我决定我们应该把水门事件一直查到底
I was determined that we should get to the bottom of Watergate
无论牵扯到谁 真♥相♥都应该大白于天下
and the truth should be fully brought out, no matter who was involved.
今天 我做出自任总统以来的最困难的一项决定
Today, in one of the most difficult decisions of my presidency
我接受我两名最亲密的助手的辞职
I accepted the resignations of two of my closest associates in the White House,
鲍勃·霍尔德曼和约翰·埃里克曼
Bob Haldeman and John Ehrlichman,
两位我有幸结识的优秀公仆
two of the finest public servants it has been my privilege to know.
开灯吗 头儿?
More light, Chief?
不用 鲍勃
No, Bob.
六具尸体
Six bodies.
总统的律师约翰·迪恩也辞职了
The counsel to the president, John Dean, has also resigned.
我不会把责任归咎于下属
I will not place the blame on subordinates,
归咎于热情盖过理智判断的人
on people whose zeal exceeded their judgment,
以及那些坚信自己从事正确的事业 却做了错事的人
and who may have done wrong in a cause they deeply believed to be right.
在任何组织中 身居高位的人必须承担责任
In any organization, the man at the top must bear the responsibility.
因此 责任属于这个办公室 我接受这一点
That responsibility, therefore, belongs here in this office and I accept that.
白宫不能有粉饰行为
There can be no whitewash at the White House.
两件错事顶不上一件对事
Two wrongs do not make a right.
我热爱美国
Now, l love America.
上帝保佑美国 保佑你们每一个人
God bless America, and God bless each and every one of you.
我们拍完了
And we’re clear.
出去
Out.
谢谢
Thank you.
你准备去比斯坎湾吗?
Are you going to Key Biscayne?
嗯 -打扰 先生
Yeah. – Excuse me, sir.
什么时候?
When?
明天
Tomorrow.
罗恩告诉我 鲍勃·霍尔德曼不停地来电
Ron told me that, um… Bob Haldeman has been calling,
但是你不愿和他谈
but you won’t talk to him.
如果他被定罪 你会赦免他吗?
If he’s convicted, will you pardon him?
不会
No.
你为什么把自己和我们大家隔绝开来?
Why are you cutting yourself off from the rest of us?
我们能谈一谈吗?
Can’t we discuss this?
你到底想谈什么?-你 你到底在干什么
What exactly do you want to discuss? – You. What you’re doing.
我在干什么?-我想知道 你在隐藏
What am I doing? – I wish I knew. You’re hiding.
隐藏什么?-无论你隐藏了什么
Hiding what? – Whatever it is you’ve been hiding.
你正在让它毁了你 迪克
You’re letting it destroy you, Dick.
甚至不让人来帮助你
You won’t even ask for help…
马诺洛 呃
Manolo, uh…
尼克松太太用好餐了
Mrs. Nixon’s finished.
我是唯一留下来的人 迪克
I am the only one left, Dick.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!