我们必须把亨特和这些古巴人嘴巴封住 他们要失控了
We gotta turn the faucet off on Hunt and these Cubans. They’re out of control.
约翰 你可能想…
John, you might want to…
一定是赫尔姆斯 他在背后支持
It’s gotta be Helms. He’s behind this.
我们可以借赫尔姆斯之手 -怎么做?
I think we can leverage Helms. – How?
我和他见面的时候 他透露了一些信息
When I met with him, he kind of tipped his hand.
总统希望你明白 整个事件
This affair, the president wants you to know,
是和“猪湾事件”有关的 一旦被公开…
is related to the Bay of Pigs. And if it comes out…
“猪湾事件”和这事毫无关系!
This has nothing to do with the Bay of Pigs!
我不关心“猪湾事件”!
I have no concern about the Bay of Pigs!
我不信
I couldn’t believe it.
这是总统要我转告你的 迪克
This is what the president told me to relay to you, Dick.
我得提醒他他在跟谁说话
I had to remind him who he was talking to.
我想知道 猪湾事件有什么重磅炸♥弹♥
So I was wondering? What’s such dynamite in this Bay of Pigs thing?
先生
Sir.
显然是有效的 因为赫尔姆斯去联邦调查局
Though it was clearly effective, because all of a sudden it was no problem
掩盖水门事件突然间就不成问题了
for Helms to go to the FBI and try to put a lid on Watergate.
他答应的那些文件怎么样了?-他会给我们的
What about the documents promised? – He’ll give us the documents.
但是我认为应该给他个伊朗大使的职位
But I think if we offer him an ambassadorship,
我们就能摆脱他了
the ambassadorship to Iran, we can get rid of him. He’ll go…
不行 我答应把伊朗给汤森 -派汤森去比利时吧 那还有缺
No, I promised Iran to Townsend. – Townsend in Belgium. It’s available.
他给了我们30万 比利时还不值10万 15万
He gave us 300 grand. Belgium’s not worth more than 100, 150.
英国如何?
What about England?
得了吧 埃伦伯格付了三倍的钱
Forget it. Annenberg’s paid three times that much.
赫尔姆斯想要伊朗 否则会出问题
Helms wants Iran, or there might be a problem.
他所有老伙计都在那儿 还发了一笔财呢
All his old buddies are over there making a fortune…
鲍勃 有完没完了?
When does this end, Bob?
行政赦免 -什么?
Executive clemency. – What?
亨特和古巴人已经没什么可失去的了 赦免他们
Hunt and the Cubans have nothing to lose now. Pardon them all.
没有人会调查那些已被赦免的罪犯
Nobody investigates a crime for which criminals have been pardoned.
这主意不错 -但这样不会凑效的
Yeah, I like that. – But it’ll never do.
赦免他们就意味着我们有罪 人♥民♥、新闻界会发疯的
Pardoning them means we’re guilty. Press, the people’ll go nuts.
那我应该怎么办?就坐在这儿看着他们越逼越近
Am I supposed to sit here and watch them coming closer,
让他们一直查到老底?
eating their way to the center?
林登曾被人窃听 肯尼迪也是
Lyndon bugged, so did Kennedy.
罗斯福和勒基·卢西安诺搞过交易 上帝啊 连艾森豪威尔都搞过情妇
F.D.R. cut a deal with Lucky Luciano. Christ, even Eisenhower had a mistress.
为什么我就特别对我?啊?
What’s so special about me? Huh?
那林登呢?他打了两个电♥话♥给国会
What about Lyndon? He could make a couple calls to the… Hell, and…
事儿就算了了
…shut this whole damn thing down.
有谁和他谈过吗?-我有过
Anyone talk to him? – I have.
他怎么说?-他火冒三丈
What’d he say? – No dice, he hit the roof.
为什么?
Why?
他说如果您抖出他在您飞机上如何装窃听器的事儿
He said if you go out with a story about how he bugged your plane,
他就揭露…
he’s gonna reveal…
他就揭露…
He’s gonna reveal…
越南和平会谈 -好的
…Vietnamese peace talks… – All right.
好吧 停下
All right! Stop!
您怎么了?
What’s the matter with you?
我只知道我们树敌太多
I know. I just know we’ve made too many enemies.
还有件事 鲍勃和我将不得不去市民委员会作证
There’s another thing. Bob and I have to testify before the urban committee.
不 你们不能去 你们要援引行政特权
No, you’re not. You’re gonna claim executive privilege.
你们要顶住
You’re gonna stonewall it all the way.
援引“第五修正案” 我不会让步的
Plead the 5th Amendment. I don’t give a shit.
他们别想强迫总统的人出面作证
They can’t force the president’s people to testify.
行政特权会使我们看起来像是在有意掩盖
Executive privilege looks like we’re covering.
我们是在掩盖
We are covering up for God’s sake.
为一些微不足道的傻瓜擦屁♥股♥
Some petty, stupid shit.
有些事情我可以说别人说的话是谎言
There are things I can say what other people said, and they’d be lies.
当我说这些话时 反正没人信我了
When I say them, nobody believes me anyway.
那我们就不得不把米切尔交给他们
Then, we’re going to have to give them Mitchell.
米切尔的家人呢
Mitchell’s family.
不是追到米切尔那儿就是追到这儿
Either it goes to Mitchell, or it comes here.
约翰说得对
John’s right, boss.
不是个人问题 只是游戏规则
It’s not personal. It’s just the way the game is played.
有时你不得不向庄家下赌注
Sometimes you gotta punt.
天哪
Jesus.
我真是受够了这一切
I’m so goddamn worn-out with this.
谁去和米切尔说?
Who’s gonna tell Mitchell?
你去 -干嘛是我?
You do it. – Why me?
因为他恨你 要是一个信任的人告诉他 情况会更糟
‘Cause he hates you. It’s worse when you get it from someone you trust.
他错了
He’s wrong, you know.
关于肯尼迪 林登·约翰逊和杜鲁门的事
About Kennedy and L.B.J. and Truman.
怎么?
How so?
他们的确做了些事 鲍勃 可不该是这种事
Well, I mean, sure, they did stuff, Bob, but nothing like this.
我是说别管什么非法入侵 什么敌人名单 什么…你懂吗?
I mean, forget about the break-in, the, the enemies list, the… You know?
他曾试图火烧布鲁金斯学会
He got the attempted firebombing of the Brookings Institution.
栽脏是麦戈文的人开枪暗♥杀♥华♥莱♥士♥
Planting McGovern stuff on the guy that shot Wallace?
企图给杰克·安德森下麻♥醉♥药♥
Trying to slip L.S.D. to Jack Anderson?
那老头儿玩政♥治♥比谁都手狠
Old man plays politics harder than anybody els
你以为这仅仅是政♥治♥?
You think this is about politics?
你以为林登·约翰逊真的让亨特去伪造了一封电报
Do you think L.B.J. would have ever asked Hunt to forge a cable
暗示约翰·肯尼迪参与了对越南总统的暗♥杀♥?
implicating Kennedy in the assassination of the president of Vietnam?
你认识他多久了 鲍勃?二十年?
How long have you known Bob, 20 years?
这是罗斯福厅 以美国第26任总统命名
This is the Roosevelt Room, named after our 26th president
二十年了 你和他握过手吗?
20 years, you ever shake hands with him?
你和他有过一次真正的交谈吗?
Ever have a real conversation with him?
这可事关理查德·尼克松
No, this… This is about Richard Nixon.
就因为他没组成橄榄球校队 你就让人去死
You got people dying because he didn’t make varsity football.
就因为他上的是惠蒂尔而不是耶鲁
You got the Constitution hanging by a thread
你就让宪法岌岌可危
because he went to Whittier, not to Yale.
还有这“猪湾事件”到底是怎么回事?
And what is this Bay of Pigs thing?
你每回提到都会变脸色
Goes white every time you mention it.
这是一个代号♥或什么的 -我早就猜到了
It’s a code or something. – Well, shit, even I figured that out.
我想他是指…
I think he means…
肯尼迪谋杀案 -什么?
The Kennedy assassination… – Yeah?
他们对卡斯特罗穷追不舍 还以某种疯狂的方式转而攻击肯尼迪
They went after Castro and in some crazy way it got turned back on Kennedy.
我认为他并不知道真♥相♥ 可他害怕发现真♥相♥
I don’t think the old man knows what happened. But he’s afraid to find out.
会让他吃不了兜着走的
He’s shitting peach pits every time he thinks about it.
那帮该死的古巴人造出一个“科学怪人”
Created a Frankenstein with those damn Cubans.
说到1972年 只有三句话
Eight words back in ’72:
“我没说实话” “我错了” “对不起”
“I covered up.” “I was wrong.” “I’m sorry.”
美国公众就会原谅他
And the American public would’ve forgiven him.
可我们从没开过口 约翰
But we never opened our mouths, John.
我们辜负了他
We failed him.
迪克·尼克松说“对不起”?没可能的
Dick Nixon saying “I’m sorry”? That’ll be the day.
他的全副武装会脱落的
His whole suit of armor would fall off.
所以你去跟米切尔说 -好
So, you tell Mitchell. – Yeah.
约翰 你知道接下来轮到我们了 对吧?
And John, you do know that we’re next, don’t you?
你来早了 约翰
You’re early, John.
如果你在水门事件中也这么隐秘 我们就不会陷入麻烦了
If you’d been that stealthy at the Watergate, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
听说了你太太的事 我很难过 -是的
I was sorry to hear about your wife. – Yes.
我拿到钱了
Take out the money.
总统想知道这是否是最后一笔
The president would like to know if that was the last payment.
我知道他心里就惦记着这个 -是吗?
I’ll bet he would. – Is it?
在理查德·尼克松漫长的地下交易历史中
In Richard Nixon’s long history of underhanded dealings
他的这笔钱花得最值 如果让我开口
he’s never had better value for his money. If I were to open my mouth,
整个多米诺骨牌都会倒下
all the dominoes would fall.
可以问你一个问题吗?
Can I ask you a question?
你♥他♥妈♥的怎么会
How the hell do you have the temerity
有胆量来讹诈美国总统?
to blackmail the president of the United States?
这不是问题 约翰 问题是他为什么要付钱?
That’s not the question, John. The question is, why is he paying?
保护他的人呗 -我是他的人
To protect his people. – I’m one of his people.
古巴人也是他的人 我们都要为他而坐牢了
The Cubans are his people. And we’re going to jail for him.
霍华德 你的徒刑将不会超过两年 然后他就赦免你
Howard, you will serve no more than two years, then he’ll pardon you.
或许会 或许不会
Maybe. Maybe not.
但你不应该不顾手下人的死活 约翰
But you don’t leave your men on the beach, John.
你不能让他们像小偷一样乞求
You don’t make them beg for their money like thieves.
你不能抛弃那些为国家服务过的人
You don’t dump men with families who’ve served their country.
他不知道 这件事已经失控了
He didn’t know. This thing has gotten out of hand.
你认为像理查德·尼克松这么克制的人会在不知情的情况下
You think a man as controlled as Richard Nixon would’ve allowed a break-in
允许闯入民♥主♥党全国委员会办公室吗?
at the Democratic National Headquarters without knowing it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!