记住肯尼迪、鲍比和金都是反战的
Remember, Kennedy and King were against the war.
他们现在在哪儿?
Where are they now?
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》把艾尔斯伯格的文件公布出来真是丢脸
How the hell The Times got a hold of this Ellsberg stuff is a disgrace.
在这个政♥府♥里我们连他妈的秘密都守不住
Yeah. We can’t keep a damn secret in this government.
他们现在正在把文件从这间办公室里偷出去
They’re stealing papers right out of this office.
约翰逊也遇上过这个该死的问题
Johnson had the same damn problem
后来他给自己的办公室装上窃听器 -我们把它拆掉了
until he bugged his own office. – We took that system out.
那是个错误
That was a mistake.
当时白宫到处是肯尼迪的人
The White House was full of Kennedy people then.
现在仍旧是 -谁在背后操纵?
It still is. – Who’s behind this?
这里到处都是中情局的人
Well, you have CIA people all over this place.
赫尔姆斯注意到了 还有基辛格的人
Helms has seen to that. Then there’s Kissinger’s staff.
基辛格可能是泄密者
Kissinger himself, I believe, may be the leaker.
基辛格?-嗯
Kissinger? – Hmm.
他只关心自己的形象
He’s obsessed with his own image.
一心想得诺♥贝♥尔♥和♥平♥奖♥
He wants his Nobel Peace Prize a little too much.
已故的金博士已经证明
And as the late Dr. King proved,
即使是一只猿猴也能因为媒体的报道而获奖
even an ape can win a prize with good press.
上帝啊 我得为他约一个精神病医生
Jesus, I’d like to book him into a psychiatrist’s office.
他一来这儿就大呼小叫 胡言乱语 废话连篇
He comes in here ranting and raving, dumping his crap all over the place.
你有证据吗 埃德加?-总统先生
Could you prove it, Edgar? – Mr. President,
我总能搞定人
I always get my man.
你确实
Yeah, you do.
这该死的领带 帮帮我
This damn tie. Could you help me?

Yeah.
我得给自己装上窃听器 -瞧
See, I’d be bugging myself. – Look.
谁掌握磁带?-没有人 那是您的财产
Who’d get the tapes? – No one. Your property.
它会为您作证
And it would prove your case.
您凭什么认为基辛格在窃听您?
Why do you think Kissinger is taping all your calls?
为了历史
For history.
他和您唱反调
His word against yours.
而现在他手里有记录
And right now, he’s got the records.
我会让马诺洛来干
I’ll get Manolo to do this.
谢谢
Thanks.
丘吉尔曾经跟我说过
You know, Churchill once said to me,
“如果你想让历史正确地记载你
“If you want your own history written properly,
你就必须自己动手写历史”
you better write it yourself.”
埃德加 唯一要注意的
The only thing is, Edgar,
我不希望这件事反过来折腾我
I don’t want this to come back and haunt me.
不会的 只要我还在这儿
It won’t, as long as I’m here.

Good.
这边
This way.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我们不会屈服于这些人
We’re just not going to buckle to these people.
拒绝战争
No more war!
太美了 -好
It’s beautiful. – OK.
谢谢
Yes, thank you.
我的公主 可以么
Princess, may I?
谢谢你
Thank you.
今天我为你感到非常骄傲 公主
I’m very proud of you today, Princess. Very.
谢谢爸爸
Thank you, Daddy.
嗯?
Yeah?
一些关于越南的机密文件被泄露给了《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
Some very secret essays on Vietnam have been leaked to The New York Times.
我知道了 现在不行 查克
I know, I know. Not now, Chuck.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》-叫罗恩过来
The New York Times. – Get Ron over here.
这是我一生最开心的一天
It’s the happiest day of my life.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》开始公布五角大楼
The New York Times began publishing the first in a series
有关越南战争的47卷绝密文件中的第一卷
of 47 volumes of top-secret Pentagon tapes relating to the war in Vietnam.
国防分♥析♥师丹尼尔·艾尔斯伯格泄露的这些文件
The papers, leaked by defense analyst Daniel Ellsberg,
揭露了政♥府♥在美国卷入越战问题上的一派谎言
reveal a pattern of government lies and American involvement in the war.
总统先生 我们正处在一个革命的局势中
Mr. President, we are in a revolutionary situation.
我们被黑豹党 气象派困住了
We are under siege. The Black Panthers, the Weathermen.
罗杰斯手下的国♥务♥院♥像筛子一样千疮百孔
The State Department under Rogers is leaking like a sieve.
而现在这个微不足道的小混♥蛋♥艾尔斯伯格
And now this little, insignificant little shit, Ellsberg,
把我国的全部外交秘密全都公布了出去
publishing all the diplomatic secrets of this country
这会摧毁我们执行外交政策的能力
is destroying our ability to conduct foreign policy.
我在想 如果这里的人能为结束战争做出贡献的话
I wonder if people here wouldn’t think ten years in prison
他们会不会觉得十年监禁是很划算的
was cheap if they could contribute to ending this war.
这个人是一个瘾君子 在越南从直升机上向人开枪
The man has become a drug fiend. He shot people from helicopters in Vietnam.
他和妻子在自己的孩子面前做♥爱♥
He’s had sexual relations with his wife in front of their children.
他在洛杉矶看心理医生 完全疯了
He sees a shrink in LA. The man’s all fucked up.
可现在他却想成为一个自♥由♥主义的英雄
And now he’s trying to look good for the liberals.
如果就让他这么得逞了 那人人都会学他的样子
And if he gets away with it, everybody will follow his lead.
我们必须不顾一切代价阻止他 -我和你一样沮丧 亨利
This man must be stopped at all costs. – I’m as frustrated as you are, Henry,
但你不认为这是民♥主♥党的问题吗?是他们发动了战争
but don’t you think this is a Democrat problem? They started the war.
这使他们名誉扫地 -但是 总统先生 俄♥罗♥斯♥
It makes them look bad. – But, Mr. President, the Russians,
越南 让你看着像个懦夫
the Vietnamese… it makes you look like a weakling!
该死 他妈的这条狗我们养了多久了?两年了
Goddamn it. How long have we had this jackass dog? Two years?
还是不上相 我们需要一只在有媒体时看起来喜庆的狗
Still doesn’t come. We need a dog that looks happy when the press is here.
它上相 试试新饼干 -操
He’s photogenic. Try new biscuits. – Ah, fuck it.
它不喜欢我 约翰 都是你的错 亨利
He doesn’t like me, John. It’s your fault, Henry.
您说什么?-是你的人向媒体泄的密
I beg your pardon? – It’s your people talking to the press.
这个艾尔斯伯格不是你在哈佛的学生吗?
This Ellsberg, wasn’t he a student of yours at Harvard?
他曾是你的得意门生 你干嘛掩饰这一点?
I mean, he’s your idea, Henry. So why are you running for cover?
我确实在哈佛教过一个班
Yes, we taught a class together at Harvard,
但你知道这些背后中伤人的常青藤知识分子们的为人
but you know these back-stabbing Ivy League intellectuals.
我不知道 亨利 -起诉《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
No, I don’t, Henry. – Prosecute The New York Times.
要求强制令 -不行 有一个老底
Go for injunction. – Yeah, but it’s not, bottom line,
会把该死的事情倒过来的 约翰
gonna change a goddamn thing, John.
问题是…怎么让艾尔斯伯格完蛋
The… question is how do we screw Ellsberg so bad,
让所有泄密者都害怕
it puts the fear of God into all leakers?
另一个问题是我们怎样一劳永逸地把漏洞堵上?
The other issue is how the hell we stop these leaks once and for all?
现在 有人向媒体泄密 我们要不惜任何代价阻止泄密
Now, someone is talking to the press. We gotta stop these leaks at any cost.
你听见我说的了吗?然后我们才能处理大问题
You hear me? Then we can go for the big pick:
中国 苏联的问题 -先生 我可以吗?
China, Russia. – Sir, if I might?
去吧 查克 -我们可以自己干
Go, Chuck. – We can do this ourselves.
中♥央♥情报局和联邦调查局目前没管这事
The CIA and the FBI aren’t doing the job.
我们可以成立我们自己的情报组织 就在白宫内
Now, we can create our own intelligence unit right here inside the White House.
是啊 为什么不呢?-我们自己的情报机构堵住机密泄露?
Well, why not? – Our own intelligence plugs the leaks?
是啊 就像管子工 -管子工
Yeah. Like plumbers. – Plumbers.
我喜欢这个主意
I like it. I like the idea.
这合法吗?以前人这么干过吗?
Yeah, but is it legal? Has it ever been done before?
当然有
Oh, sure.
林登 肯尼迪 罗斯福
Lyndon, JFK, FDR.
1948年 杜鲁门就把我对希斯的调查给摘出去了
I mean, Truman cut the shit out of my investigation of the Hiss case in ’48.
他的行为违法了 -这种事情
What he did was illegal. – With this kind of thing,
你必须心狠 一人泄密 全套班底都应撤换
you got to be brutal. A leak happens, the whole damn place should be fired.
真的 要像二战时的德国人那样干
Really, I mean, you do it like the Germans in World War II.
如果他们进了村 有一个人向他们打黑枪
They went through these towns, and a sniper hit one of ’em,
他们就他妈的把整个村子的人押起来
they’d line the whole goddamn town up and say,
说“要是不说就把你们全都毙了”
“Until you talk, you’re all getting shot.”
我真的认为应该这么干
Really, I think that’s what has to be done.
我想你们不能再当好好先生
I don’t think you can be Mr. Nice Guy anymore.
只要您一声吩咐 先生 我亲自去把艾尔斯伯格干掉
You just whisper the word to me, and I’ll shoot Ellsberg myself.
我们不是德国人 先生 -问题不在于艾尔斯伯格
We’re not Germans. – Yeah. Ellsberg’s not the issue.
五角大楼的文件也不成问题
The Pentagon Papers aren’t the issue.
问题是那谎言
It’s the lie.
希斯撒谎了 -对
Mr. Hiss is lying. – Yeah.
你还记得吧 约翰 1948年
Remember, John, back in ’48?
除了我 没人相信阿尔杰·希斯是共♥产♥党
Nobody believed Alger Hiss was a communist except me.
他们喜欢希斯就像他们喜欢艾尔斯伯格
They loved Hiss like they love this Ellsberg character.
他是他们的同类:常春藤联盟的建制者
He was their kind: Ivy League establishment.
我不是 也永远不会是… -希斯先生在撒谎
l am not, and never have been… – Mr. Hiss is lying.
希斯先生?-我在他们眼里肮脏 一无是处
Mr. Hiss? – I was dirt to them, nothing.
而迪克把他们整得够呛 -要不是希斯谎称认识钱伯斯
And Dick kicked the shit out of ’em. – I wouldn’t have if Hiss hadn’t lied
我不会得手的 这些文件过时了
about knowing Chambers. The documents were old and out of date,
就像这些五角大楼文件一样
just like these Pentagon Papers.
关键在于我们证明希斯是个骗子
The key thing we proved was that Hiss was a liar.
然后人们才相信他是个间谍
Then people bought that he was a spy.
是谎言成就了你
It’s the lie that gets you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!